Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:32:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2015 NFL Season
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2015 NFL Season  (Read 145234 times)
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #620 on: March 10, 2016, 12:58:54 PM »

Looks like Denver will go after RG 3 or kapernick.

And follow up a Super Bowl by missing the playoffs...
Possibly, but let's be honest, they won last year with well below average production from the QB position. Now they certainly won against the grain there. It's not exactly how you'd draw it up. And I'm not sure they can do it again like that. It'd be a tall order. And as much as I'm not sold on Osweiler after 7 games, at least he was in the system for the past four years. Now they're basically starting from scratch at the most important position on the field. Then again, I can see their hesitancy to pay him that kind of money. Good luck to the Texans with that. Maybe they figure they can find a placeholder like Ryan Fitzpatrick and lean on their defense. Of course, they lost two key guys from their D yesterday, so that needs to be addressed. It wasn't a good day for Denver yesterday, but I wouldn't write them off just yet. And that goes for any team. It's day 2 of free agency, plenty of time to fill some voids.

I think Kaepernick could very well be an upgrade at quarterback for them from last season...

He was productive before the Niners destroyed their entire franchise by letting an elite coach leave. Then the players started walking away one by one.

The only issue I see is that Kaepernick isn't a game manager... They won those games at the end of the season and in the playoffs by letting their Defense win them the game and the offenses job was to not lose on mistakes. Payton did a great job of managing the situation, protecting the ball, and letting the run take over when needed. From what I've seen even when the 49ers had success with Kaepernick, he makes mistakes and takes chances that Peyton didn't. I see them losing more of those games that came down to the end that they pulled off (Denver didn't exactly steam roll anyone all season).
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #621 on: March 10, 2016, 01:10:12 PM »

Looks like Denver will go after RG 3 or kapernick.

And follow up a Super Bowl by missing the playoffs...
Possibly, but let's be honest, they won last year with well below average production from the QB position. Now they certainly won against the grain there. It's not exactly how you'd draw it up. And I'm not sure they can do it again like that. It'd be a tall order. And as much as I'm not sold on Osweiler after 7 games, at least he was in the system for the past four years. Now they're basically starting from scratch at the most important position on the field. Then again, I can see their hesitancy to pay him that kind of money. Good luck to the Texans with that. Maybe they figure they can find a placeholder like Ryan Fitzpatrick and lean on their defense. Of course, they lost two key guys from their D yesterday, so that needs to be addressed. It wasn't a good day for Denver yesterday, but I wouldn't write them off just yet. And that goes for any team. It's day 2 of free agency, plenty of time to fill some voids.

I think Kaepernick could very well be an upgrade at quarterback for them from last season...

He was productive before the Niners destroyed their entire franchise by letting an elite coach leave. Then the players started walking away one by one.

The only issue I see is that Kaepernick isn't a game manager... They won those games at the end of the season and in the playoffs by letting their Defense win them the game and the offenses job was to not lose on mistakes. Payton did a great job of managing the situation, protecting the ball, and letting the run take over when needed. From what I've seen even when the 49ers had success with Kaepernick, he makes mistakes and takes chances that Peyton didn't. I see them losing more of those games that came down to the end that they pulled off (Denver didn't exactly steam roll anyone all season).

I hear ya... but Peyton didn't really manage those games early on well either.... he had 17 picks in like 7 games....however in the playoffs... he didn't lose the games for them.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #622 on: March 12, 2016, 06:23:34 PM »

Dear Jets, please just say no to RG3. It's time to give Smith a real shot.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #623 on: March 14, 2016, 02:37:13 PM »

Say NO to GeNO...

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #624 on: March 15, 2016, 08:17:57 AM »

Say NO to GeNO...

Say No to Geno, RGJ, and Kap. ok

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #625 on: March 15, 2016, 03:47:29 PM »

Two pretty big stories today. The Broncos matched the Dolphins offer sheet for CJ Anderson, so he'll be staying there.

Patriots traded Chandler Jones to Arizona for guard Jonathan Cooper and their 2nd round pick. Cooper was drafted 7th overall in 2013, but has battled some injuries. I don't know much about the guy, but the Patriots simply were maximizing the value of Chandler Jones at this point. They have 4 other key guys set to hit the market next year, Jabaal Sheard, Malcolm Butler, Jamie Collins, and Donta Hightower. With the crazy money thrown around in free agency, you really have to pick and choose carefully who you go after and retain. It was doubtful they were going to keep all of them, and I'm not sure they keep the remaining four. I'd say they should work out deals with Hightower, Collins, and Butler at least. But all of them are due a huge bump in pay. Chandler was probably at the bottom of the list. He's a double digit sack guy, who makes some big plays. But he's very streaky. He'd get sacks in bunches and then disappear for a number of games. He's also not great against the run, though he has improved. But I think they're just getting the most they can for him here.

Oh, Martavis Bryant is also suspended for next year due to another failed drug test. That's pretty big. Although the Steelers seem to draft and develop WR's as well as any team in the league. Much unlike the Patriots. They can't seem to identify good WR's at all coming out of college.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #626 on: March 16, 2016, 10:02:03 AM »

Two pretty big stories today. The Broncos matched the Dolphins offer sheet for CJ Anderson, so he'll be staying there.

Patriots traded Chandler Jones to Arizona for guard Jonathan Cooper and their 2nd round pick. Cooper was drafted 7th overall in 2013, but has battled some injuries. I don't know much about the guy, but the Patriots simply were maximizing the value of Chandler Jones at this point. They have 4 other key guys set to hit the market next year, Jabaal Sheard, Malcolm Butler, Jamie Collins, and Donta Hightower. With the crazy money thrown around in free agency, you really have to pick and choose carefully who you go after and retain. It was doubtful they were going to keep all of them, and I'm not sure they keep the remaining four. I'd say they should work out deals with Hightower, Collins, and Butler at least. But all of them are due a huge bump in pay. Chandler was probably at the bottom of the list. He's a double digit sack guy, who makes some big plays. But he's very streaky. He'd get sacks in bunches and then disappear for a number of games. He's also not great against the run, though he has improved. But I think they're just getting the most they can for him here.

Oh, Martavis Bryant is also suspended for next year due to another failed drug test. That's pretty big. Although the Steelers seem to draft and develop WR's as well as any team in the league. Much unlike the Patriots. They can't seem to identify good WR's at all coming out of college.

I think that trade makes sense for both...

Arizona desperately needed somebody to rush the passer and the Pats needed to beef up the O line and a 2...is good value...

Plus... they were never resigning Jones after his incident walking in to a police station with no clothes on....

It drives me crazy that these guys can't stop smoking weed.... Bryant, Blackmon and Gordon... what a freaking waste....

When all said and done, they will have combined lost close to 100 million dollars most likely because of it.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #627 on: March 16, 2016, 10:25:30 AM »

Arizona desperately needed somebody to rush the passer and the Pats needed to beef up the O line and a 2...is good value...

Plus... they were never resigning Jones after his incident walking in to a police station with no clothes on....

It drives me crazy that these guys can't stop smoking weed.... Bryant, Blackmon and Gordon... what a freaking waste....

When all said and done, they will have combined lost close to 100 million dollars most likely because of it.

Your Giants probably helped seal the deal for Jones being traded by throwing all that money at Vernon. Jones will be looking for an even sweeter deal as long as he has another good year, and there's no way the Pats would consider that. He's just not that type of player. He's very good, but he's not an elite DE. Not sure Arizona will be able to afford him either with their tight cap situation, so it might be a 1 year gamble for them.

But I agree, it looks like a good deal for both sides.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #628 on: March 16, 2016, 10:31:52 AM »

Your Giants probably helped seal the deal for Jones being traded by throwing all that money at Vernon. Jones will be looking for an even sweeter deal as long as he has another good year, and there's no way the Pats would consider that. He's just not that type of player. He's very good, but he's not an elite DE. Not sure Arizona will be able to afford him either with their tight cap situation, so it might be a 1 year gamble for them.

But I agree, it looks like a good deal for both sides.

Yep ! All the GM's in the league had to be shaking their head when they saw the Vernon deal...but we needed to get it done.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #629 on: March 21, 2016, 01:42:47 PM »

The Browns are strongly leaning towards signing RGIII.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #630 on: March 22, 2016, 08:05:07 AM »

The Browns are strongly leaning towards signing RGIII.

Good. I'm hoping to see them fail even more miserably now if they sign him. yes

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #631 on: March 23, 2016, 08:49:14 PM »

Today was an interesting day two new rules on a trial run for 2016. If you get two personal fouls in the same game you get ejected and the touchbacks are now at the 25 yd line. Thoughts?
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #632 on: March 24, 2016, 12:34:47 PM »

Today was an interesting day two new rules on a trial run for 2016. If you get two personal fouls in the same game you get ejected and the touchbacks are now at the 25 yd line. Thoughts?

Here's the kicker: It's NOT personal fouls.  It's unsportsmanlike conduct penalties.  Those encompass things like celebration, taunting, etc.  YIKES.

The touchbacks...IDK..I need to see it in process.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #633 on: March 24, 2016, 01:59:49 PM »

Here's the kicker: It's NOT personal fouls.  It's unsportsmanlike conduct penalties.  Those encompass things like celebration, taunting, etc.  YIKES.

Sounds good to me. The NFL needs to clean up these pathetic acts of some. No need for that type of behavior at all. Players will definitely have to scale back their celebration but I think only good will come from this as well. Clean it up in the NFL and then clean it up on the college level.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #634 on: March 24, 2016, 07:28:20 PM »

The touchbacks...IDK..I need to see it in process.
Wow what a terrible rule change that is then.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #635 on: March 31, 2016, 08:13:17 PM »

NFL coaches pay Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger the highest compliment

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/steelers-ben-roethlisberger-highest-compliment-nfl-head-coaches-033116

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: