Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 08:03:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228060 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  DJ comments on current situation
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DJ comments on current situation  (Read 30808 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #120 on: April 27, 2015, 04:42:36 PM »

Were you here back in those days?

The posts here don't go back quite that far, but what was the mood?  Everything's fine?  Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain?  It will all work out?

Same whining, different decade.

It's kind of the tail wagging the dog when the "side" projects are dictating the band's plans...but yeah, I can see how when everyone is off doing something else it makes it more difficult than when one member has other plans.  Except when that one member is Ron...

Yes. But that's only a hypothetical scenario.

To be fair, Ron has had plenty of solo adventures during the years that didn't get canceled because of GN'R.
And now, he hasn't toured his own solo album yet..... Instead he's doing charity work. Which is cool. But then you're not really "focused" on your solo work?

I just wonder if the conversation goes like this :

Member of side project : "So what's up?  We're thinking of getting it started up again."

GNR member : "Cool, cool.  Do we have anything lined up?"

Member of side project : "Well, obviously everyone has to check with their other commitments.  Have you talked to Axl?"

<both guys laugh>

Member of side project : "I know, I know.  But I had to at least ask.  Professional courtesy and all that.  So you are good whenever?"

GNR member : "Pretty much."

Do you wonder or do you think it does?
I think you want to think you have an idea....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #121 on: April 27, 2015, 06:11:51 PM »

I think Ron is waiting to see if the LP sells before launching a tour...he's indie right so it's a bit more complicated financially, I suppose.
about the hiatus thing, seems natural to me and logical, but all these rumours made me think about the most extremes scenarios.

to me the only important thing is the new album. and side projects doesn't affect music already recorded, right?

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #122 on: April 27, 2015, 06:44:09 PM »

He didn't wait long after the GN'R tour ended to go on tour. I guess thee offer was there and he took it. Now it seems like he's doing charity work instead. Good for him.

to me the only important thing is the new album. and side projects doesn't affect music already recorded, right?

I don't think so.

And I suspect recording sessions are easier to coordinate than tour dates.
Let's say somebody is on the East Coast, and the other person on the west. You can still record your part even if you're not in the same place together.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #123 on: April 27, 2015, 08:56:36 PM »

Theoretically.

And since he's already shown that he's got no qualms releasing something and then not touring for over a full calendar year...theoretically, he could still put something out later this year, even if there were not touring plans until mid to late 2016.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #124 on: April 27, 2015, 10:51:30 PM »

I Believe, All News Of GNR... 2da Part Of 2015

smoking

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #125 on: April 28, 2015, 06:54:41 AM »

Well, unless it gets like it was after 02 for a few years, I'm not worried about any "hiatus" they take. Those years were tough.

Agree, 100%.

I think that's why I find some of the objections/arguments that perpetually come up here so tiresome. 1) We've had them for over a decade, and 2)Some of them held a LOT more merit 13 years ago than they do now (specifically the inactivity ones).

They've been "inactive" for..what...10 months? And, really, less than that since we KNOW there was work going on, on "something" via the studio pic that was tweeted out.

Yeah, sorry...10 months doesn't get my panties in a bunch. Talk to me again in another 2 years or so.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #126 on: April 28, 2015, 06:59:07 AM »

I think Ron is waiting to see if the LP sells before launching a tour...he's indie right so it's a bit more complicated financially, I suppose.
about the hiatus thing, seems natural to me and logical, but all these rumours made me think about the most extremes scenarios.

It's really not that much more complicated financially.  Find a promoter. Tour.

Now, the thing is..selling more albums makes it a LOT easier to find a promoter who will give you a decent deal, so you can actually make some money touring (if that's your concern).

But being "indie" doesn't have an oz of effect on the finances and logistics of touring....other than the fact your label won't also function as your promoter (which is becoming an EXCEEDINGLY rare occurance, these days, anyway).

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #127 on: April 28, 2015, 07:05:15 AM »

It's kind of the tail wagging the dog when the "side" projects are dictating the band's plans...but yeah, I can see how when everyone is off doing something else it makes it more difficult than when one member has other plans.  Except when that one member is Ron...

Here's the thing though.

Don't you think the guys seem to be getting a bit more proactive in doing the side stuff because the main band they are supposedly in does nothing?

I just wonder if the conversation goes like this :

Member of side project : "So what's up?  We're thinking of getting it started up again."

Member of side project : "Well, obviously everyone has to check with their other commitments.  Have you talked to Axl?"

<both guys laugh>

Member of side project : "I know, I know.  But I had to at least ask.  Professional courtesy and all that.  So you are good whenever?"

Equally as likely:

GNR member : "He's working on finishing up the album. Says he won't need us long term til next year. Just maybe some spot recording, but that's easy to work around.  Might need to find a studio on the road but...."

Member of side project :   So you are good whenever?"

The fact is, we don't know what's going on.  We can create all sorts of different scenarios in our heads, none more likely, or more compelling, than any other.  If we're listening to the voices in our heads.....well, mine have much more interesting things to say to me than fictitious conversations about GnR members.

Together again,
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #128 on: April 28, 2015, 09:21:22 AM »

GNR member : "He's working on finishing up the album. Says he won't need us long term til next year. Just maybe some spot recording, but that's easy to work around.  Might need to find a studio on the road but...."

Its not that I mind the editing in terms of the addition, but rather the subtraction.  Because you could still leave the laugh in there after this part.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #129 on: April 28, 2015, 10:20:02 AM »

Its not that I mind the editing in terms of the addition, but rather the subtraction.  Because you could still leave the laugh in there after this part.

Sure..to fit your pre-conceived notion, and back up what the voices in your head are telling you.

But it wouldn't make it any more, or less, a reflection of an "in real life" conversation that took place.  No more, or less, a reflection of reality.

Which was sort of the point.

Together again,
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #130 on: April 28, 2015, 10:31:34 AM »

Sure..to fit your pre-conceived notion, and back up what the voices in your head are telling you.

But it wouldn't make it any more, or less, a reflection of an "in real life" conversation that took place.  No more, or less, a reflection of reality.

Which was sort of the point.

Listen, it don't really matter me, baby
You believe what you want to believe

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #131 on: April 28, 2015, 11:44:24 AM »

Nothing like a random quote eh?

Everybody wants to feel important, some want to feel like they know what's going on. Unfortunately we can't all always win. Some know nothing, others know more. That's life.
You just need to accept the reality that you're a fan like the rest of us and you don't really have a better understanding of GN'R than the next guy.  ok

/jarmo

DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #132 on: April 28, 2015, 12:54:13 PM »

I vote for a live streaming at the studio where Axl would talk about the creative process and technical recording/mixing.
with some music in the background...

yeah I know...

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #133 on: April 28, 2015, 01:55:25 PM »

Thanks for sharing what the voices in YOUR head are singing, today. It's slightly random, but, if they feel that's an accurate depiction of their position on the topic..there you have it.

Mine are singing "Life is a Highway".....and a little bit of Soup Dragons.

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #134 on: April 28, 2015, 02:01:20 PM »

Nothing like a random quote eh?

Everybody wants to feel important, some want to feel like they know what's going on. Unfortunately we can't all always win. Some know nothing, others know more. That's life.
You just need to accept the reality that you're a fan like the rest of us and you don't really have a better understanding of GN'R than the next guy.  ok

/jarmo

Thanks for making my point, maybe a bit better than I did.

We can all create all the fictional conversations, create all the odd scenarios, or write fan fiction til we're blue in the face.

None of it is going to be FACTUAL or ACTUAL. 

At the end of they day, we're all fans.  And we're all playing "what if".  And if ANYBODY expects their version of "what if" to be taken as gospel by ANYBODY else but them....they need to smoke better shit.

You can laugh at my version of "what if", and I can do the same to yours. But at the end of the day, we're just fans writing more fan fiction.  Maybe we should have another sub forum for that....

Together again,
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #135 on: April 28, 2015, 02:19:16 PM »

Thanks for sharing what the voices in YOUR head are singing, today. It's slightly random, but, if they feel that's an accurate depiction of their position on the topic..there you have it.

Mine are singing "Life is a Highway".....and a little bit of Soup Dragons.

Some guys feel the need to make light of a ridiculous situation.

Some guys feel the need to white knight it and defend the subject's honor from what they see as slanderous offenses.

Both are fairly certain they are just doing god's work, right?

So it ain't no thing.  Just guys doing what they do.  Same as it ever was.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #136 on: April 28, 2015, 03:37:32 PM »

Some guys feel the need to make light of a ridiculous situation.

Some guys feel the need to white knight it and defend the subject's honor from what they see as slanderous offenses.

Both are fairly certain they are just doing god's work, right?

So it ain't no thing.  Just guys doing what they do.  Same as it ever was.

And some just like a little truth in their tea.

The fact is, I'm not defending Axl, here. And I don't think I'm doing anyone's work but my own.  I don't actually believe the conversation I presented ACTUALLY happened.

But I believe it's not more, or less, likely to happen than the one you presented.  The point is, in all this: I DON'T KNOW.  And neither do you.  So you're not "making light of a ridiculous situation"...unless it's the piece of fiction that you created (or are creating) in your own head.

And you reinforce my point, above, again.

This isn't guys on two sides of a coin (court jester and white knight?).  It's one guy creating fiction, labeling it as historical fiction, and the other guy pointing out it's much closer to fantasy.

There's nothing wrong with that, but as a jumping off point for further discussion...it's not so stable.

Together again,
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #137 on: April 28, 2015, 03:47:05 PM »

And some just like a little truth in their tea.

The fact is, I'm not defending Axl, here. And I don't think I'm doing anyone's work but my own.  I don't actually believe the conversation I presented ACTUALLY happened.

Well, that's the thing.  Nowhere am I claiming my little example up there to be sworn testimony that I swear on a stack of biblebooks absolutely, totally happened.  It's a joke.

I assume our disconnect is that I am making light of these preposterous delays.  Whereas you were coming back and claiming that it not only didn't happen, its not fair and its not right to do that.

Is that the wrong read?

Your responses had that sort of "how dare you / you got some balls" tone.  Which we've long established I tend to find sort of over the top, when the topic is a rock band that moves at a snail's pace.  I don't see rock bands as sacred.  Rock bands, sports teams, athletes, movies stars, etc.  These are not serious topics that should ever warrant legit outrage if someone has some fun with them.

Life's too short.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #138 on: April 28, 2015, 03:53:04 PM »

Well, that's the thing.  Nowhere am I claiming my little example up there to be sworn testimony that I swear on a stack of biblebooks absolutely, totally happened.  It's a joke.

Not your best material, given the context

I assume our disconnect is that I am making light of these preposterous delays.  Whereas you were coming back and claiming that it not only didn't happen, its not fair and its not right to do that.

Nope, our disconnect is in the fact that you're presenting only ONE possible scenario..and it's the one that paints the worst possible picture. And the WAY it's presented makes it seem like there is some reason to believe it's accurate.

I don't care that you're doing it.  But it should be labeled for what it is: A piece of fiction

Is that the wrong read?

Sorta, yeah.

Your responses had that sort of "how dare you / you got some balls" tone.  Which we've long established I tend to find sort of over the top, when the topic is a rock band that moves at a snail's pace.  I don't see rock bands as sacred.  Rock bands, sports teams, athletes, movies stars, etc.  These are not serious topics that should ever warrant legit outrage if someone has some fun with them.

Nope, not at all.  I'm rarely outraged, except at outright lies, around here.

But I think it bears pointing out that your scenario only fits if you're trying to prop up a very specific agenda.  There's no reason to believe any conversation like that ACTUALLY occurred, nor anything like it. Right?

It's fiction.  I'm just pointing it out. As did jarmo.

At the end of the day, we're fans. We don't know shit.  So "taking the piss" out of Axl, in fan fiction....I'm 100% OK with it.  But I'm going to call it what it is. Fiction.

Life's too short.

You got that, brother. It's why I spend less and less time here, reading the rehashed arguments of a decade ago.

Together again,
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #139 on: April 28, 2015, 03:58:52 PM »

Nope, our disconnect is in the fact that you're presenting only ONE possible scenario..and it's the one that paints the worst possible picture. And the WAY it's presented makes it seem like there is some reason to believe it's accurate.

Kinda amazing how their "free thinking" always has that angle....  hihi

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: