Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 04:28:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  DJ comments on current situation
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DJ comments on current situation  (Read 30627 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2015, 10:51:50 AM »

We have comments by pretty much every member of the band that they are working on a new album. During the last 24 months.

Have we?

I sort of get the impression sometimes that people consider progress is being made, not via a concrete update, but simply by the absence of a comment like "we are absolutely not working on an album".  And that so long as that is not said out loud, well...rest easy, because things are moving.

I think that logic is a bit flawed.

I would tend to think if serious progress was being made, we'd get more on topic responses than "I don't know, I think we might tour some at some point, I suppose"

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2015, 10:56:36 AM »

So here is the situation.

We have had rumours for the past year that Guns N?Roses is retiring.

Axl has claimed this to be untrue (rare from Axl)
Dizzy has claimed that its untrue.
Ashba has said that they are on a break.
Ron says he is concentrating on his solo career.

We have comments by pretty much every member of the band that they are working on a new album. During the last 24 months.

We have had comments from Ashba and GNR facebook that they are thinking about touring soon again.

Most logical scenario would be that GNR is on a touring break, they are working on a album, in GNR pace. And now the next move would be releasing the album then tour some more.

this dosent look like the end of GNR to me. It looks like end of chapter Chinese Democracy.

I Think every member has had their calendar GNR free july 14 - end of 15??

I can't speak for others... But for me I never thought we'd never see Axl again.

It's just hard to envision any touring soon if they have no clue who is in the band at the moment.

You might be right about the end of the Chinese Democracy era. However the next album is really the same era. So if that ever sees the light of day... It really isn't the end of that era.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2015, 10:58:08 AM »

Doesn't look like the end of GNR to me either.

I think Axl is focused on the album at the moment. The only gripe I have with the situation right now is that we haven't been given any information about the progress. It's always very vague, like "we're working on it" and "that's our main priority".

Axl gave an update last year where he said that the second half of Chinese was already recorded. He didn't mention if that was intended as the next release. If that particular piece of information could come out, we would probably have a better idea of where they stand. That would most likely mean mixing/mastering remaining (since the summer of '14).

If the next release intended is brand new material written by the current line-up, the time scope is up in the air. We wouldn't have any basis to imagine where they are progression-wise.

Hopefully Axl will give an update or agree to an interview where he can inform us of the current status. If it is brand new material, it would be nice to know if it's been recorded or just on paper/demo form.

Right now, if someone were to ask me "when's the next GN'R album coming out?", I could answer either in 6 months or 5 years. Both would make equally as much sense as I haven't got anything to make an informed answer.

Crossing my fingers for something to happen soon.  Smiley

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2015, 11:02:56 AM »

Axl gave an update last year where he said that the second half of Chinese was already recorded. He didn't mention if that was intended as the next release. If that particular piece of information could come out, we would probably have a better idea of where they stand. That would most likely mean mixing/mastering remaining (since the summer of '14).

Well, I think it would have to be, wouldn't it?  He's been sitting on these same songs for a decade, and in some cases, longer. 

Do you think there is a real possibility he's going to bag it and start fresh?  And frankly, do we even want that? 

I have often said an album with people actually in your band currently makes a hell of a lot more sense than an album done by guys out of the band since Dubya's first administration.  But, beggars and choosers and all that, I know that's a total pipe dream.

But if its taken him 10 years to release stuff already long done, I can't say I want him to start over.  I'll be fucking 50 by the time he gets that together.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2015, 11:06:16 AM »

Not sure if this is relevant to the GNR situation since it is not until next year, but during the live stream of the Sixx:AM concert the other night Nikki Sixx said that in 2016 they are putting out a brand new album and doing a full world tour.  So maybe 2015 is when we will get some new GNR stuff.  I mean there is no reason DJ can't do both in 2016 but you would have to figure a new Sixx AM album and world tour would take up a good chunk of his year.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2015, 11:09:26 AM »

Not sure if this is relevant to the GNR situation since it is not until next year, but during the live stream of the Sixx:AM concert the other night Nikki Sixx said that in 2016 they are putting out a brand new album and doing a full world tour.  So maybe 2015 is when we will get some new GNR stuff.  I mean there is no reason DJ can't do both in 2016 but you would have to figure a new Sixx AM album and world tour would take up a good chunk of his year.

This would be the exact thing I was describing earlier.

Let's make you DJ.  You are presented this, a concrete plan of things that are actually going to happen...

...versus a bunch of vague "we'll see what happens, you never know" type stuff from GNR.

What would you choose?  I mean, be honest.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2015, 11:12:15 AM »

Well, I think it would have to be, wouldn't it?  He's been sitting on these same songs for a decade, and in some cases, longer. 

Do you think there is a real possibility he's going to bag it and start fresh?  And frankly, do we even want that? 

I have often said an album with people actually in your band currently makes a hell of a lot more sense than an album done by guys out of the band since Dubya's first administration.  But, beggars and choosers and all that, I know that's a total pipe dream.

But if its taken him 10 years to release stuff already long done, I can't say I want him to start over.  I'll be fucking 50 by the time he gets that together.

Personally I certainly hope that the second half of Chinese will be the next release.

We could also have a situation where Axl wants to have a mix of old Chinese songs as well as brand new material on the next release. Since Richard mentioned that Axl was recording vocals sometime before Christmas of last year, I would think that's on brand new songs (given Axl's previous statement about the Chinese album being done).

If we could get some information that put things in place for us, it would have been nice. Right now, I don't think any of us have any clue on what to expect. Neither what kind of material nor what their aim is for a release date.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2015, 11:24:52 AM »

Well recently the chatter has been if anything the end of 2015 would be when GNR starts back up again... but if that band is doing it big all next year... hard to see DJ doing both no? Well he could... but obviously everything would have to be timed perfectly.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2015, 12:07:07 PM »

Patience Guys,,, Just I Little Patience

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2015, 12:25:43 PM »

Which might never start back up again.  I think its totally dishonest to suggest that is not at least a possibility.

Does this mean you're gonna leave and take your doom and gloom with you? Cheesy

The same could've been said after every tour that ended.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #50 on: April 22, 2015, 12:50:11 PM »

Which might never start back up again.  I think its totally dishonest to suggest that is not at least a possibility.

Does this mean you're gonna leave and take your doom and gloom with you? Cheesy

The same could've been said after every tour that ended.

/jarmo

Really?  So after every prior tour, a band member left, Axl talked about ?seriously looking into? releasing the next album, other band members talked about ?lots of touring?, only to (months later) have that changed to ?no immediate plans to tour but I?ll pick up the phone when Axl calls?, and literally every band member (besides Axl) is currently involved with another band?

There?s a lot of different stuff going on now than in years past.  It?s up for debate what any of it means, but I don?t think it?s as simple as same old, same old.  I get the feeling that the other members are more detached this time around than before.  Doesn?t necessarily mean it?s over, but it creates the impression that no one knows what the next move is.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2015, 01:06:28 PM »

There?s a lot of different stuff going on now than in years past.  It?s up for debate what any of it means, but I don?t think it?s as simple as same old, same old.  I get the feeling that the other members are more detached this time around than before.  Doesn?t necessarily mean it?s over, but it creates the impression that no one knows what the next move is.

And, over time, even gallows humor gives way to annoyance.

"We don't even know what's going on, LOLZ" loses some of its humorous edge after awhile.  All the more so if you are presented with other projects that, you know...actually happen.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #52 on: April 22, 2015, 01:17:00 PM »

Really?  So after every prior tour, a band member left, Axl talked about ?seriously looking into? releasing the next album, other band members talked about ?lots of touring?, only to (months later) have that changed to ?no immediate plans to tour but I?ll pick up the phone when Axl calls?, and literally every band member (besides Axl) is currently involved with another band?

No, but after every tour some of the doom and gloom fans have been predicting the same shit. The "We got no news so it must be over!" routine.

They talked about the possibility of shows this year. It didn't happen (yet).
Just like there were plans for shows for the summer of 2009 that didn't happen.
How about all those Brazilian fans who claimed there was a tour there in 2013?

There's always been plans that have changed. Nothing new.

Chillax.

If D-X wants us to believe it's all over I suggest he takes his keyboard and rides into the sunset.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #53 on: April 22, 2015, 01:32:36 PM »

I didn't realise sixx am are planning a world tour next year.

Don't mean to be pessimistic but that doesn't sound good from a touring perspective.

Half glass full approach - perhaps axl is just looking at an album for the next year or two

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #54 on: April 22, 2015, 01:47:05 PM »

Don't mean to be pessimistic but that doesn't sound good from a touring perspective.

Half glass full approach - perhaps axl is just looking at an album for the next year or two

A world tour for Sixx AM would mean a lot of touring for Nikki in a short period of time.  That guy is a horse.

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #55 on: April 22, 2015, 01:53:32 PM »

No, but after every tour some of the doom and gloom fans have been predicting the same shit. The "We got no news so it must be over!" routine.

They talked about the possibility of shows this year. It didn't happen (yet).
Just like there were plans for shows for the summer of 2009 that didn't happen.
How about all those Brazilian fans who claimed there was a tour there in 2013?

There's always been plans that have changed. Nothing new.

Chillax.

If D-X wants us to believe it's all over I suggest he takes his keyboard and rides into the sunset.  ok

/jarmo

Can we sing a rousing chorus of "Happy Trails" to him as he fades into the sunset?  hihi

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #56 on: April 22, 2015, 02:15:50 PM »

I’ve got his back whenever he needs me. Ever since I joined GNR six years ago, it’s almost been nonstop touring. But we’ve kind of talked of more touring, and I’m looking at this more as a hiatus than the end.” - Dj Ashba

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #57 on: April 22, 2015, 02:27:06 PM »

"We are on a break." - Ross Geller

Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #58 on: April 22, 2015, 02:48:18 PM »

?I?ve got his back whenever he needs me. Ever since I joined GNR six years ago, it?s almost been nonstop touring. But we?ve kind of talked of more touring, and I?m looking at this more as a hiatus than the end.? - Dj Ashba

/jarmo

More touring with a new album please  Lips Sealed

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #59 on: April 22, 2015, 07:56:22 PM »

When was the last time things have been this slow in the gnr camp ?

In the mid 90s and the 2000s there always seemed to be some buzz and some news and something to talk about. 

Now there is nothing. 

First time I think
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: