Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:45:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  New Classic Album:Guns N Roses Chinese Democracy
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Classic Album:Guns N Roses Chinese Democracy  (Read 6103 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2015, 04:42:28 PM »

Oh, well.  Worth a shot.

Moving on.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
GNR2014
Rocker

We've been through this such a long long time

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2015, 07:05:18 AM »

Bon Jovi "Because We Can" Song Review ? 5 out of 5 stars
Rick Florino (ArtistsDirect)

Nobody can rock a stadium like Bon Jovi can.
That's just a fact at this point.

""Because We Can" kicks off with an epic build-up as Tico Torres' drums charge forward with Jon Bon Jovi's uncanny swagger. Richie Sambora's guitar revs up the tune, adding a distorted bliss that eventually gives way to a memorable lead line. David Bryan's work opens up the sound further as the track reaches heights of hits like "It's My Life". Every element converges to make one gigantic and invigorating tune worthy of a worldwide sing-a-long."

http://www.artistdirect.com/nad/news/article/0,,10362746,00.html#4fIWlzeC93UXjJb1.9
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2015, 07:11:48 AM »

""Because We Can" kicks off with an epic build-up as Tico Torres' drums charge forward with Jon Bon Jovi's uncanny swagger. Richie Sambora's guitar revs up the tune, adding a distorted bliss that eventually gives way to a memorable lead line. David Bryan's work opens up the sound further as the track reaches heights of hits like "It's My Life". Every element converges to make one gigantic and invigorating tune worthy of a worldwide sing-a-long."

http://www.artistdirect.com/nad/news/article/0,,10362746,00.html#4fIWlzeC93UXjJb1.9

How do the reviews on a Bon Jovi album somehow affect the great and positive review on Chinese Democracy?

Honestly don't see how they are correlated, people are allowed to like what they like- it was still a great review, that isn't altered by posting a review on Bon Jovi.  Roll Eyes

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
GNR2014
Rocker

We've been through this such a long long time

« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2015, 07:22:08 AM »

Chinese Democracy is a great album.
I don't need a fake click bait website to tell me that.
It's a great album, because I enjoy listening to it. Period.

There is a real intellectual dishonesty with you Emily that goes like this:
Journalist gives a poor review of Chinese Democracy, and he is labelled a hack writer, and criticized for being part of the media cabal that is out to get Axl Rose and wont give him a fair shake.
Journalist#2 gives a positive review of Chinese Democracy, and he is suddenly a writer of taste and integrity.

The world doesn't work that way. you don't get to judge the merits of a source based on whether you agree with their opinion on Axl Rose.

Nothing exists in a vacuum. Artists direct is a bogus site, and I personally would be embarrassed to brag about a review from Rick Florino, who only gives out 5 star reviews, and whose site is littered with sponsored links.

My 2 cents.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2015, 08:52:02 AM »

Chinese Democracy is a great album.
I don't need a fake click bait website to tell me that.
It's a great album, because I enjoy listening to it. Period.

Journalist gives a poor review of Chinese Democracy, and he is labelled a hack writer, and criticized for being part of the media cabal that is out to get Axl Rose and wont give him a fair shake.
Journalist#2 gives a positive review of Chinese Democracy, and he is suddenly a writer of taste and integrity.

The world doesn't work that way. you don't get to judge the merits of a source based on whether you agree with their opinion on Axl Rose.

Nothing exists in a vacuum. Artists direct is a bogus site, and I personally would be embarrassed to brag about a review from Rick Florino, who only gives out 5 star reviews, and whose site is littered with sponsored links.

My 2 cents.

You are poor at evaluating strangers via the internet, it isn't your forte' keep your day job.  Roll Eyes

I still like the review no matter how some "fans" attempt to discredit and devalue any positive comments directed at anything GNR.

Nothing amiss with being positive and refusing to allow toxic negativity to permeate your life. Wink

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2015, 11:46:23 PM »

Good lord.

I'm a pretty big lifetime fan, but...come on now.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2015, 11:47:55 PM »

Agreed.

I would not single her out though.  This is fairly common with our fanbase.

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2015, 11:57:47 PM »

Cool Hbk Says From 1999 Year:

'' New Disc Of GNR Will Be Epic ''

beer

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2015, 11:29:49 PM »

I like Chinese Democracy.

Really that's all that matters.

That I like  it.
Not you, me.

Grin

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: