Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:37:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Woman's World Cup 2015
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Woman's World Cup 2015  (Read 11085 times)
TheBaconman
Legend

« on: June 07, 2015, 03:40:56 PM »

Canada is the host country of this great event

I was lucky enough to attend the opening match with Canada va China

Canada won on stunning fashion after a final minute penalty kick was scored!!

Great opening ceremonies.   Great sell out crowd of 55 thousand.  Great weather at plus 30 and sunny!!

Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2015, 09:07:11 PM »

hoping it comes down to canada vs usa

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2015, 09:16:30 PM »

hoping it comes down to canada vs usa

Both countries have good teams this year so it might, if the brackets let it
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2015, 02:32:45 PM »

I'm going to the semi-final game in Montreal later this month.  Can't wait!

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2015, 06:04:15 PM »

Well Canada played to a tie against nzl, but are in very good shape to finish a top of there pool thanks to another China loss

And that's the second game I have gotten the chance to see.   Well actually 4th.  They have a great set up here.  We're all games are double headers.   So if you purchase tickets for one game you get access to the next.   Which makes for a great long day. 

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2015, 09:46:22 AM »

Canada managed to finish top of there pool with a 1-1 tie last night.   Canada has been very lucky.....   I am hoping for a bronze, doubt it though
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2015, 02:49:33 PM »

Canada managed to finish top of there pool with a 1-1 tie last night.   Canada has been very lucky.....   I am hoping for a bronze, doubt it though

That equalizer scored by Holland was a beauty.  Didn't matter to Canada, though, they still win the group.  They're good, I can see them beating any team.  France, US and Germany were the favorites going into to this and all 3 have looked beatable so far.  France somehow lost to Colombia, which was a shock.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2015, 12:16:37 PM »

That equalizer scored by Holland was a beauty.  Didn't matter to Canada, though, they still win the group.  They're good, I can see them beating any team.  France, US and Germany were the favorites going into to this and all 3 have looked beatable so far.  France somehow lost to Colombia, which was a shock.

Canada only scoring 2 goals in 3 games scares me.   Remeber 1 goal was a penatly shot.
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2015, 10:04:27 AM »

Canada only scoring 2 goals in 3 games scares me.   Remember 1 goal was a penatly shot.

Huge 1-0 win for the Canadians in the Round of 16 yesterday against a good Switzerland team.  I don't expect that they'll score too many goals... they play a very direct, physical style that might not yield too many goals, but is very effective.  Plus their keeper has been unbelievable.  I think it's a good bet that they'll make it to the final because there are not any dominant teams on their side of the bracket.

This Friday is the quarterfinal match between Germany and France.  I think the winner of that game will take the Cup.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2015, 07:30:12 PM »

Yes it was a huge win for Canada!!!   Big test for them on Saturday in BC.  If they win they are back in Edmonton for another game!!   I will most defently be there for that cheering on the girls
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2015, 12:06:45 AM »

Let's go Canada tomorrow.   As a guy that has a pure English back ground.   It's tough to cheer against England.   But now 3 generations into Canada.  I am sure I can manage to cheer for my country.    Lets Go girls!!!!!!!!!
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2015, 12:50:10 AM »

Tough loss for Canada today!   

Now let's go England!!!
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2015, 12:59:47 AM »

Very tough loss for England today.  I was there cheering for them    Another great crowd and great weather.  In what is turning out to be a very successful World Cup

I think the U.S. Will destroy Japan though
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2015, 01:52:12 PM »

Huge win for England yesterday here in Edmonton against the evil Germans   

Gold match is on tv tonight.   Should be a great match between the U.S. And Japan
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2015, 11:20:10 AM »

Very tough loss for England today.  I was there cheering for them    Another great crowd and great weather.  In what is turning out to be a very successful World Cup

Good call, they sure did!  4-0 after 16 minutes, that's just ridiculous; nice that they mostly maintained their focus all the way through to the end.  Well deserved for them, it all came together at the right time.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2015, 02:07:50 AM »

Good call, they sure did!  4-0 after 16 minutes, that's just ridiculous; nice that they mostly maintained their focus all the way through to the end.  Well deserved for them, it all came together at the right time.

Congrats to the U.S. For there win!    Myself and the kids watched it live on TV and there is nothing better then a little 10 year old girl asking her dad who to cheer for.   And her not being able to keep her eyes off the tv

The final was in Bc and they also got a huge crowd m

And in good responce to a lot of Americans showing up for the long weekend.

I would of liked to see how the U.S. Would of done against a different draw.    I e.   I think Canada would of beer them.   I think England would of beat them as well

Japan was a shell of its former self

Great games though. 

Next is the pan am games.   For anyone that actually likes live sports
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: