Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 08:22:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  DJ's Letter
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 36 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DJ's Letter  (Read 138881 times)
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2015, 12:16:33 PM »

I'm starting to think Guns might be over, what with two guitarists down. That might be the end.

I find it difficult at this point to disagree with you...But perhaps there is some truth in the reunion rumours.

I just hope we hear what Axl refers to CD2 at some point.

Really am gutted about this!
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2015, 12:16:56 PM »

Robin did not explain a thing, Bumble is bullshitting. Brain and now DJ are the ones doing it the stand up way. Now one can only hope for a reunion. "New" Gnr seems to have been on a stay of execution for a while. Even Richard saying it is up in the air.

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2015, 12:18:14 PM »

DJ also cited his family. So with Sixx AM being his main priority, if he decided to stay with Guns he'd have no time for his personal life. I wish him the best of luck, and I think it's exciting for the future of the band right now, believe it or not.

How so?

Two lead guitar players down... no album in sight.. no gigs in sight...

What? Does this mean there is going to be Slash reunion? Yeah that could be fun...

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2015, 12:18:48 PM »

Well, this is certainly a shock. I'm very disappointed and somewhat bewildered. I was so looking forward to seeing what DJ would bring to the table with regards to future releases.

I think we can officially say the band as we've known it for the last 5 years has fallen apart!

Sad really. And I'm sure it can only be because of the same frustrations we fans feel. DJ was so enthusiastic.

I don't think we need to put words in his mouth.  

He explained why he was leaving, and what he wanted to focus on.

He explained how much fun he had in the band, how much he respected Axl, etc.

It's there in his OWN words. Smiley

I don't think I'm putting words in his mouth. The following section pretty much sums it up....

I have always been driven by my passion for creating music and Sixx:A.M. has always been a place where I can express myself honestly and share that passion with my two brothers and bandmates, Nikki Sixx and James Michael.

I think it's a LONG leap to go from THAT to him being "frustrated".

To me, the above quote reads as Sixx:AM is his passion project, where he has the most creative input, and he's at a point where he can/wants to put that first. Because that's what he actually wrote.

Again, I don't think we need to put words in his mouth, or read between the lines.  

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2015, 12:22:10 PM »

Well, this is certainly a shock. I'm very disappointed and somewhat bewildered. I was so looking forward to seeing what DJ would bring to the table with regards to future releases.

I think we can officially say the band as we've known it for the last 5 years has fallen apart!

Sad really. And I'm sure it can only be because of the same frustrations we fans feel. DJ was so enthusiastic.

I don't think we need to put words in his mouth.  

He explained why he was leaving, and what he wanted to focus on.

He explained how much fun he had in the band, how much he respected Axl, etc.

It's there in his OWN words. Smiley

I don't think I'm putting words in his mouth. The following section pretty much sums it up....

I have always been driven by my passion for creating music and Sixx:A.M. has always been a place where I can express myself honestly and share that passion with my two brothers and bandmates, Nikki Sixx and James Michael.

I think it's a LONG leap to go from THAT to him being "frustrated".

To me, the above quote reads as Sixx:AM is his passion project, where he has the most creative input, and he's at a point where he can/wants to put that first. Because that's what he actually wrote.

Again, I don't think we need to put words in his mouth, or read between the lines.  

I just can't believe he stamped it like this... I just thought he'd go off and do his thing for a while... but for him to say IT'S OVER with Axl... really surprising.. and leaves us no where right now.

His letter is very well done. I admit I never liked him for this spot, but that is a classy way to go.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 12:24:03 PM by JAEBALL » Logged

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2015, 12:22:44 PM »

How so?

What? Does this mean there is going to be Slash reunion? Yeah that could be fun...

I think, given the commitment Sixx:AM wants, trying to juggle 2 HUGE priorities AND your family is tough.  On a much, much, much smaller scale, I've been there...balancing work and trying to work on a passion project that also doubles as a decent source of potential income.  I can see where the conflict might be.

Together again,
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2015, 12:23:25 PM »

DJ also cited his family. So with Sixx AM being his main priority, if he decided to stay with Guns he'd have no time for his personal life. I wish him the best of luck, and I think it's exciting for the future of the band right now, believe it or not.

How so?

It means if Axl decides to tour again, we are going to get new guitarist's. Who they are to me is exciting. I'd personally really love to see Finck and Bucket. Bucket brings the Nightrain solo, and would love to hear him rip the TWAT solo. Finck to me had the best stage presence. Obviously, if there was a quasi-reunion with Slash, that would really shake things up. I know Axl said not in this lifetime about Slash in the past. But Axl is unpredictable. So the possibilities are exciting. Worst case scenario is nothing happens. Then we just enjoy Chinese Democracy and Appetite For Democracy  beer

mortismurphy
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2015, 12:23:44 PM »

It is Robin Finck all over again, NIN vs Guns, SIXX AM vs Guns, push and pull between two bands. Sure, unlike Buckethead and Bumblefoot the departure is good spirited but there has to be a reason why these two guitarists chose their other bands over Guns. Of course we will hear the spin and usual straw man diversions and by-ways no doubt but it is obvious to me that it is a choice between a productive collaborative band, over an unproductive uncommunicative mess of a band which spends significant portions of its existence on extended leave.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2015, 12:28:32 PM »

I just can't believe he stamped it like this... I just thought he'd go off and do his thing for a while... put for him to say IT'S OVER with Axl... really surprising.. and leaves us no where right now.

His letter is very well done. I admit I never liked him for this spot, but that is a classy way to go.

I can.  

The timing is interesting, though, because you wonder (as you do above) WHY he would stamp it NOW.  If GnR is really on hiatus with no plans, and Sixx:AM's plans kick off late in 2015-ish...there would seem to be no need to "quit". Right?

I mean, there's some paths to walk down in that discussion....maybe his contract was up, he didn't re-up, and wanted to address it....maybe GnR has tentative plans that conflicted, and he needed to make a decision, and wanted to address it...maybe he's taken some "heat" in recent interviews/conversations about his statement regarding making Sixx:AM his primary focus, so felt the need to address it more directly (and this is "old news" to Axl and GnR)....maybe something else entirely.

I don't know...but I do think its interesting in a "why now" type of way.

Together again,
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2015, 12:29:31 PM »

Wow.

Thanks for the memories Dj!
All the best for the future.

Can't wait to see what's next for GN'R. Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mortismurphy
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2015, 12:30:59 PM »

Wow.

Thanks for the memories Dj!
All the best for the future.

Can't wait to see what's next for GN'R. Smiley

/jarmo

You think Axl will continue? I'm starting to have my doubts.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2015, 12:31:54 PM »

I just can't believe he stamped it like this... I just thought he'd go off and do his thing for a while... put for him to say IT'S OVER with Axl... really surprising.. and leaves us no where right now.

I can.  

The timing is interesting, though, because you wonder (as you do above) WHY he would stamp it NOW.  If GnR is really on hiatus with no plans, and Sixx:AM's plans kick off late in 2015-ish...there would seem to be no need to "quit". Right?

I mean, there's some paths to walk down in that discussion....maybe his contract was up, he didn't re-up, and wanted to address it....maybe GnR has tentative plans that conflicted, and he needed to make a decision, and wanted to address it...maybe he's taken some "heat" in recent interviews/conversations about his statement regarding making Sixx:AM his primary focus, so felt the need to address it more directly (and this is "old news" to Axl and GnR)....maybe something else entirely.

I don't know...but I do think its interesting in a "why now" type of way.

Yeah. Exactly. Maybe he knows there is no place for him in GNR two years from now... something bigger going on. Otherwise, why close the door on that potential job opening down the road.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2015, 12:33:01 PM »

It is Robin Finck all over again, NIN vs Guns, SIXX AM vs Guns, push and pull between two bands. Sure, unlike Buckethead and Bumblefoot the departure is good spirited but there has to be a reason why these two guitarists chose their other bands over Guns. Of course we will hear the spin and usual straw man diversions and by-ways no doubt but it is obvious to me that it is a choice between a productive collaborative band, over an unproductive uncommunicative mess of a band which spends significant portions of its existence on extended leave.

If you look at what else was going on with Robin when he left GnR, and joined NiN...you can probably ferret out some of the reasons why he chose NiN over GnR at that moment.

It wouldn't surprise me if DJ had similar reasons, or upcoming reasons, to make similar choices.

Together again,
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2015, 12:33:53 PM »

Completely agree. If DJ was collaborating with Axl on material that was guaranteed to come out followed by a world tour this would not be happening. Same goes for Bumble. You only have to go back and listen to old interviews. All the guys wanted to create new music. In my opinion he has picked one band over another because it is an actual band!

I can't see how this is a positive thing at all. As for it meaning a Robin/Bucket return- they quit!!

I almost get the impression the band feels Axl should reunite with the appetite era.
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2015, 12:36:05 PM »

I wouldn't go as far as full appetite era reunion. Richard has been awesome in the band, and would like to see any line-up have him in it.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2015, 12:36:22 PM »

You think Axl will continue?

Yes.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2015, 12:38:39 PM »

Yes.

/jarmo

Enough said. Plus the Fan club is still active with Dizzy and Frank calling fans. I'm not going to lie, I wasn't the biggest DJ/Ron fan, I preferred Finck/Bucket, but with that said I'm excited about what's next....

mortismurphy
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2015, 12:40:11 PM »

Yes.

/jarmo

Well, he better start auditioning guitarists as he needs two of them.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2015, 12:41:56 PM »

So far, Blabbermouth is the only one running it...

D.J. ASHBA Quits GUNS N' ROSES

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/d-j-ashba-quits-guns-n-roses/

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2015, 12:44:45 PM »

So far, Blabbermouth is the only one running it...

D.J. ASHBA Quits GUNS N' ROSES

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/d-j-ashba-quits-guns-n-roses/

Give it time..it hasn't been "up" that long...only about an hour.

UltimateRock will likely have something up shortly, too.

Together again,
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 36 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: