Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:00:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN?R Reps Confirm Ron ?Bumblefoot? Thal Has Left The Band
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN?R Reps Confirm Ron ?Bumblefoot? Thal Has Left The Band  (Read 118513 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #240 on: August 04, 2015, 04:34:14 PM »

There's the issue. Interest and demand is great. It's just such a shame that the certain people choose to show this interest in a particular, not positive, way.

Maybe they just aren't interested in working overtime to paint everything in a positive light.

Some things in life are bummers.  It's OK to say it out loud when that's the case.

In actual fact, one sacrifices credibility when you cannot ever bring themselves to do so.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #241 on: August 04, 2015, 04:34:48 PM »

Weird to see this...

Ex-GUNS N' ROSES Guitarist RON 'BUMBLEFOOT' THAL: Me And My Guitar (Video)

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ex-guns-n-roses-guitarist-ron-bumblefoot-thal-me-and-my-guitar-video/

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #242 on: August 04, 2015, 04:35:49 PM »

Weird to see this...

Ex-GUNS N' ROSES Guitarist RON 'BUMBLEFOOT' THAL: Me And My Guitar (Video)

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ex-guns-n-roses-guitarist-ron-bumblefoot-thal-me-and-my-guitar-video/

Even weirder for the people saying "who the fuck is Ron Thal and when was he ever in Guns N' Roses?"

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Fernando
The REAL Fernando
Rocker

Adz sucks irl.

« Reply #243 on: August 04, 2015, 04:47:09 PM »

Simplified, yes demand is good.

Did you ever come across a person who started getting on your nerves because he/she just couldn't stop asking for something or other?
But hey, that's not bad or anything, it just means they are interested.... Wink

There's the issue. Interest and demand is great. It's just such a shame that the certain people choose to show this interest in a particular, not positive, way.

/jarmo

Right?   ok

Narcissism has a lot to do with selfishness and deep need for adoration, not giving a fuck for others and promoting themselves at the expense of others often publicly.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #244 on: August 04, 2015, 04:50:58 PM »

Fernando, without getting into specifics, would it be fair to say that the next announcement will be regarding the forthcoming release?  Surely you can give us THAT much lol.  yes
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #245 on: August 04, 2015, 05:04:35 PM »

If you have years of nothingness, you cant blame people for taking a negative tone.
Not everyone lives in a bubble like certain people.

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #246 on: August 04, 2015, 05:32:25 PM »

If you have years of nothingness, you cant blame people for taking a negative tone.

I know lots of people find the lack of updates frustrating. But then again, the bitching and personal attacks against bandmembers or managment is just silly. People have big problems, huh? At the end of the day this is just music. Not politics or orher things that affect your life. GNR have done alot of touring, released a live DVD, done interviews, updated the fanclub and post regulary on theyr facebook site. What more should they do? Music is art, and the artist should spend the amount of time he needs before he gives updates. Its the same Thing whit Tool. They havent released an album since 2006, and dont give that much updates on the album progres. Then again, i also think that its great that people are entusiastic and starving for more! But when this ends up with ugly comments and frustrating reactions on a messageboard i think people should find better things to do, coz that dont do any good for anyone. Oh yeah, i would like more updates about things happening, but its not up to me to demand. I enjoy listening to GNR music and lots of other bands out there, so thats what im doing while im waiting for GNRs next step!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Fernando
The REAL Fernando
Rocker

Adz sucks irl.

« Reply #247 on: August 04, 2015, 05:41:24 PM »

I know lots of people find the lack of updates frustrating. But then again, the bitching and personal attacks against bandmembers or managment is just silly. People have big problems, huh? At the end of the day this is just music. Not politics or orher things that affect your life. GNR have done alot of touring, released a live DVD, done interviews, updated the fanclub and post regulary on theyr facebook site. What more should they do? Music is art, and the artist should spend the amount of time he needs before he gives updates. Its the same Thing whit Tool. They havent released an album since 2006, and dont give that much updates on the album progres. Then again, i also think that its great that people are entusiastic and starving for more! But when this ends up with ugly comments and frustrating reactions on a messageboard i think people should find better things to do, coz that dont do any good for anyone. Oh yeah, i would like more updates about things happening, but its not up to me to demand. I enjoy listening to GNR music and lots of other bands out there, so thats what im doing while im waiting for GNRs next step!

ok

Narcissism has a lot to do with selfishness and deep need for adoration, not giving a fuck for others and promoting themselves at the expense of others often publicly.
Fernando
The REAL Fernando
Rocker

Adz sucks irl.

« Reply #248 on: August 04, 2015, 05:41:54 PM »

Bubble Boy is a great movie though.

westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #249 on: August 04, 2015, 05:54:49 PM »

I am sad that Bumble leaving finally is official. On The other hand that means more solo stuff from him, and that's good too. Some of the charm with so many ex-members,  is that many of them make quality music on their own. Guns have divided into a whole network of genius fractions giving us highly valuable art. Just think if they could create a festival together.  Guns and ex-gunners in various bands a whole weekend,  of course with Gn'R as headliners.  

All in all it's positive with an official statement,  and great that TB/Fernando taking the time to write here, and confirming there is activity. It's best we all do the same, stop whining over What's been done and enjoy exciting times like someone here said in another thread.

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #250 on: August 04, 2015, 06:07:33 PM »

Thanks Fernando for giving us what little updates you are allowed to.  It is much appreciated, and keeps the hope alive that there are still great things to come.  The crazy part is that we know that new music exists?and has for awhile?yet, for whatever reason, it can?t/won?t get released.  Mr. Blue has probably heard it all, too.  That lucky dog!
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #251 on: August 04, 2015, 06:17:24 PM »

True. But the facebook page? Its a joke. If i want pictures of cats and babies, i go to buzzfeed. Dont need that in gnrs page. Its ridiculous.

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #252 on: August 04, 2015, 06:28:26 PM »

True. But the facebook page? Its a joke. If i want pictures of cats and babies, i go to buzzfeed. Dont need that in gnrs page. Its ridiculous.

Thats not GNR fault, its facebooks.. thats what that site is about...
But does it matter? why even care? lots of artists posts everyday thing over there..

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #253 on: August 04, 2015, 07:09:52 PM »

Then unfollow the page, do you need an instruction manual for that?   hihi

Ay Caramba!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 07:14:14 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #254 on: August 04, 2015, 07:36:28 PM »

Bubble Boy is a great movie though.

John Travolta Is God

hihi

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #255 on: August 04, 2015, 08:34:08 PM »

Im glad bbf is gone. He was obviously dissatisfied with his relations with Axl/status in the band, and I wish him good luck with his projects. I am sort of suprised he did not leave sooner, judging by his interviews.

as for Ashba, I think the band might be loosing a lot in the "energy" department, since he was a great crowd pleaser. As for the music... I cant judge his impact on the band, since nothing has been released. Live, I preffered Finck... since I've always liked his aura  Cry

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
GUNNER
Rocker

son of a gun

« Reply #256 on: August 04, 2015, 09:12:00 PM »

Thank you Fernando by take care him.

Come to Portugal.  peace

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #257 on: August 05, 2015, 04:33:24 AM »

I get your point...but I've never really seen anyone be blatantly disrespectful (on this board at least) to the band. The fact that this band does very little in terms of PR allows for people to speculate. Every time there's a lull in terms of touring the reunionists start up with there usual speculation. PR wise the band does nothing to squash any of this talk. Social media when used correctly can be a very useful way for bands to stay in touch with their fans.

I've never really gotten the who mindset of I'll be a fan of whatever they do. How can someone possibly say that? To be a true fan do you have to love every move that they make? Like everything they put out?

It's like Skydog pointed out, certain people see most things in a negative way. Or just choose to focus on that.

And I've never understood the "I'll support my alleged favorite band online if this and that, and that, changes more to my liking, but until then I'll remain negative" mindset. Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mortismurphy
« Reply #258 on: August 05, 2015, 05:35:36 AM »

That merely brings up the question on how anyone can possibly interpret two band defections in a smallish space of time and one gigantic lack of new material, which does not seem to be rectifying itself anytime soon, in a 'positive way' - granted some people here were 'excited' by Ashba's announcement which makes me wonder whether all sanity and reasoning has completely vanished from the Guns N' Roses fanbase.
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #259 on: August 05, 2015, 06:26:05 AM »

Music is art, and the artist should spend the amount of time he needs before he gives updates.

Yes!

This is the most important thing when it comes to good music; it's something that you can not force out of you or anybody else. When it happens it happens. And you can not tell anyone what kind of music one should do, because one should always do what ever one feels like doing. Tough luck if someone else does not like it.

For me, I'd take one amazing album over ten bad ones any day.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: