Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 12:25:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227669 Posts in 43239 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN?R Reps Confirm Ron ?Bumblefoot? Thal Has Left The Band
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN?R Reps Confirm Ron ?Bumblefoot? Thal Has Left The Band  (Read 118076 times)
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #400 on: August 06, 2015, 09:34:26 PM »

yep, not gonna cry over spilt eyeliner, makeup and painkillers. Good players, loved the shows I saw from them but that is it....no emotional attachment to them....now Tommy, that would be different...had a man crush on Tommy and The Mats back in the 80's.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #401 on: August 06, 2015, 09:53:21 PM »

I'm sure my memory is poor.  Im not sure what your getting at.  

Here's what I'm getting at.

Let's say I make 5 posts over 3 threads one morning.  Of those 5, you could label 2 outright positive, and 3 non-committal in terms of emotion, and just talking.

Then I will post something you could label negative.

In my experience, odds are someone like you is then going to quote that 6th post and give me some variation of :

Oh my god.  Again with this guy.  Do you ever say anything good?  Why do you follow this band?  Why are you here?  Why were you born?  Why couldn't your parents just have stayed friends?  You are the worst person in the history of ever.

The other posts I made that morning are ignored.  The one you don't like becomes the focus, and erroneously labeled "all I ever talk about".

It's inaccurate.

So you should feel a little like GNR.  Media and the public give Axl a reputation of being late "all the time".  When in reality, it doesn't happen all that much.  But why would the media and public think that way?  Because it's happened ENOUGH, or more often than it should.  Your posts complaining about GNR, happen ENOUGH for people to notice. 

If Axl was playing with the original members the past 20 years and turning up on time then not turning up on time in the old days wouldn't be mentioned half as much...

the problem is... Axl has turned up on time for most of the past20 years but the main stream media dont give a toss because its Axl and his hired hands, not Original GNR. What hes doing now isnt in mainstream public consciousness... so he's stuck with the old rep. Sad but true. 

OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #402 on: August 06, 2015, 10:02:28 PM »

I think Fernando coming on here plus Frank's reassurance was all we needed at this point.

If something wasn't said after two members leaving the group, I know I would have been very uncertain about the future of GNR.

Even if I disagree on how the public relations is run within GNR, I'm content with the information we have at the moment. There's still a Guns N Roses and more information will come in a few months.

Fernando coming on is more positive than negative... it gave the board a buzz.

But you are easily pleased if you are "content" with the information that we have at the moment. I mean.. what have we got?? A member of management stating there might be something to say in 3 months or so? It's not that exciting. Or am i missing something?

All we have so far is an announcement that there may or may not be an announcement in 3-6 months time!

Ok..fair enough... ill run with it for the next 3-6 months... and see what happens.. But its not edge of your seat gripping stuff really.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #403 on: August 06, 2015, 10:11:45 PM »

Yeah, compared to a week ago or so, I'm content with them coming out to inform us.

I'm not saying I don't want more information, but right now, just knowing that things are still moving ahead is the most important piece of info we could get.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #404 on: August 06, 2015, 10:13:01 PM »

Yeah, compared to a week ago or so, I'm content with them coming out to inform us.

I'm not saying I don't want more information, but right now, just knowing that things are still moving ahead is the most important piece of info we could get.

I do agree with you on that.

I am pleased its not the end of the road and there is some sort of plan in place to continue.  Smiley
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #405 on: August 06, 2015, 10:51:38 PM »

All we have so far is an announcement that there may or may not be an announcement in 3-6 months time!

He didn't say announcement.  He said expect some news in a few months from GN'R and what they are working on.

@Fernando.  Appreciate the post, and a little information goes a long way here.  Hopefully we get some good news, any news soon.

I know all too much about information going a long way.  Especially when nothing has been given,  apologies.  Do expect some news from GNR and what we are working on in a few months.  All I can really say.  Though, it says nothing; but hopefully it's something.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #406 on: August 06, 2015, 11:15:04 PM »

He didn't say announcement.  He said expect some news in a few months from GN'R and what they are working on.

@Fernando.  Appreciate the post, and a little information goes a long way here.  Hopefully we get some good news, any news soon.

I know all too much about information going a long way.  Especially when nothing has been given,  apologies.  Do expect some news from GNR and what we are working on in a few months.  All I can really say.  Though, it says nothing; but hopefully it's something.

expect news? announcement on news? who really cares... ARE YOU REALLY GOING TO PLAY ON WORDS LIKE THAT?  Shocked

At the end of the day, 2-4 months... 3 months.. 6 months.. its all waiting... waiting for something to be said... or not to be said.. on some news.. that might or might not be happening.

Its more of the same.. whichever way you want to spin it mate.

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #407 on: August 06, 2015, 11:24:03 PM »

I'm not spinning anything.  There is a difference between making an announcement and expect some news and what they are working on.

OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #408 on: August 06, 2015, 11:33:38 PM »

I'm not spinning anything.  There is a difference between making an announcement and expect some news and what they are working on.

You'll need to explain that blurry shite to me again.

Roll Eyes

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #409 on: August 06, 2015, 11:53:12 PM »

Announcing something vs giving an update.

OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #410 on: August 07, 2015, 12:45:10 AM »

Announcing something vs giving an update.

So we are going even slower than i thought then  Wink
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #411 on: August 07, 2015, 03:53:51 AM »

Mort...u speaking about Emily? Continues to get away trashing everyone remotely critical of anything new gnr. Ignore dude. Its a war we wont win guys.

A positive, supportive fan on a fan forum- yeah, that is outrageously insane. rofl

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Red1
VIP

yeah, you probably have seen me around.....

« Reply #412 on: August 07, 2015, 11:32:14 AM »

Here's some fodder for you to chew over and debate.

Tommy speaks.

Edit/Note: This is not Tommy Stinson. /jarmo

Have fun kids...  ok
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 02:00:51 PM by jarmo » Logged
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #413 on: August 07, 2015, 11:52:30 AM »

I'm not sure Tommy runs/uses that page to comment, directly. Or if he does, it's not all the time. I think someone runs it for him.

Or he talks about himself in the third person a lot.

https://www.facebook.com/tommystinson?fref=ts

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #414 on: August 07, 2015, 12:17:32 PM »

that doesn't seem Tommy-esque...

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #415 on: August 07, 2015, 12:58:20 PM »

If Axl was playing with the original members the past 20 years and turning up on time then not turning up on time in the old days wouldn't be mentioned half as much...

the problem is... Axl has turned up on time for most of the past20 years but the main stream media dont give a toss because its Axl and his hired hands, not Original GNR. What hes doing now isnt in mainstream public consciousness... so he's stuck with the old rep. Sad but true. 

While true, we spend a lot of time pretending this doesn't factor into any of this.

Frankly, I'd rather have to publically defend your position than theirs.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #416 on: August 07, 2015, 01:23:15 PM »

This from Richard, however it's dated the day DJ quit so things may have changed?

LRI: Cool! Are there any immediate plans for Guns N? Roses or are you just doing your thing until Axl calls and says he is ready to go?

Richard Fortus: Yeah, there are no immediate plans for Guns N? Roses. I have heard from our management that next year we?re going to be working. I?m hoping we?ll have an album out next year. That would be great! Then we are supposed to be doing some touring. Until then, I?m staying focused on The Dead Daisies!

http://www.legendaryrockinterviews.com/2015/07/27/richard-fortus-discusses-guns-n-roses-future-playing-with-izzy-stradlin-the-dead-daisies-revolucion-and-more/

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #417 on: August 07, 2015, 01:27:51 PM »

This from Richard, however it's dated the day DJ quit so things may have changed?

Changed how?

Thanks for posting the link.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #418 on: August 07, 2015, 01:30:34 PM »

Changed how?

The interview was conducted before DJ quit.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #419 on: August 07, 2015, 01:32:39 PM »

The interview was conducted before DJ quit.

So you mean that the band might not have plans for 2016, like he said, because of it?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: