Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 05:27:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227669 Posts in 43239 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN?R Reps Confirm Ron ?Bumblefoot? Thal Has Left The Band
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN?R Reps Confirm Ron ?Bumblefoot? Thal Has Left The Band  (Read 118091 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #480 on: August 13, 2015, 05:49:18 PM »

Sure, next person to post something as disrespectful will have to deal with the consequences without a discussion about it.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #481 on: August 13, 2015, 08:31:45 PM »

+1. delete the crap from the thread. finally somethin to discuss about the band.
-this post will self destruct in 10 mins.

anyhow. I'm afraid that this might result into re-evaluation of the band.
and what its members actually are, or what the core members are,
also it will have to influence the way Axl will approach the next guitar player for the band.

because of it, he might be more vigilant than so far. The "new guy" might have a lot harder time getting accepted by the fans...
since it's really hard to watch people leave... and it will take a lot longer for the "new guy" to warm up our hearts (since we'd be afraid we'd have to watch him leave).

the sad truth is... I dont see a possibilty for a "new guy" in the next 10 months.
past experience show us that
when buckethead left... it took them years to find BBF... and even then; it was "last minute" thing.
same thing applys to Robin leaving - and back then... they were "actively working on CD"... and had lot of pressure. Now... there's no pressure to do anything.. so it might take extra long while (unless they turn to familiar options,.. like Robin).

also, I'd like to raise a comparasion of Robin resignation vs BBF vs BH vs Ashba....

each of them had something interesting about it... and I think it might be worth a seperate discussion (mostly cus we forgot details about the old 1ns)

but BH left and people didnt know he left for years (same like BBF)
bucket was accused by Axl for using GNR to his own promotion...

Robin left without telling anyone in the band anything(or anyone else till this day)....and axl made that remark "robin will be robin"

another question is... could the 2 guitar players be replaced by only 1 in the future?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 08:40:03 PM by Lucky » Logged

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
mortismurphy
« Reply #482 on: August 13, 2015, 10:44:14 PM »

Sure, next person to post something as disrespectful will have to deal with the consequences without a discussion about it.  ok

/jarmo

After reading that disgusting comment, I think we bid adieu. Not my place I suppose. Not my type of people. I enjoyed taking to DGX and Ginger and wish them all the best.
dolphins
Rocker

« Reply #483 on: August 13, 2015, 11:38:55 PM »

Originally I did not post anything about it due to any article. That was your way of defending the post, which I found disrespectful.

I posted the article in response to Ginger King.  He said it was factually correct, I pointed out that it was used by the media as a point of reference. You're the one who challenged that it didn't say nanny or housekeeper.

It?s not disrespectful?it?s an incredible success story, and factually correct. 

In the context of THIS post, it was disrespectful- THIS is what is being discussed, not various and asundry articles you are bringing in, for whatever reason.

quote author=OscarAxl22 link=topic=66346.msg1392667#msg1392667 date=1439438866]
and yet reality has it that axl grew up and moved in with his ex-girlfriends nanny... who now runs his band.  Roll Eyes

but anyway....

moving on.
[/quote]

Exactly EmilyGNR, people also forget she held a position of Executive Secretary in Brazil which is by no means an easy task. Why she went to America to become a Nanny to Dylan I don't personally know but maybe, just maybe she was offered the job through family contacts & wanting her kids to be educated in America took that job. Doesn't mean she suddenly lost her skills she worked at for so long.

Over the years she became an Assistant which she was qualified for in a different industry, learnt the ways of the business & it was Axl wasn't it who wanted her to work for him?

Maybe there are males on this forum who don't like females getting ahead, Beta made her choices in favour of her, her children & their future.
Certainly not a job I would want to do, not much of a personal life (that we know of  Wink , living from a suitcase, copping shit from fans on forums.
Time to give her a break, she must have very thick skin not coming on & defending herself. Don't think I could hold back if it was me.  hihi   
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #484 on: August 14, 2015, 01:26:56 AM »

Wow... 3 pages later... And that's what happens from 1 innocuous comment?

Regardless of the word, "nanny" house keeper? House assistant? Assistant? Personal assistant... you could throw any variation in you like, the point remains that the general consensus amongst fans is that it's quite the upgrade in terms of the job and it was a damn unlikely one.

The fact I used a smiley to accompany my post which resulted in the next 3 pages of knickers being tied in knots says a lot about the hypersensitivity on here than the comment itself which was a throw away line

For what it's worth (and I don't expect Jarmo to modify his attitude towards me on this board as a result of the following comment, but I'll say it anyway), I apologise for causing offence with my comment. It was simply an observation of the situation (which has been printed over again in the media) and countless forums and threads over the last 20 years. But again... I apologise for what it's worth Jarmo.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #485 on: August 14, 2015, 04:13:14 AM »

Apology accepted.

I think it was disrespectful, at least it came across that way. And I also think a majority of the posts you mention are that way as well.

the sad truth is... I dont see a possibilty for a "new guy" in the next 10 months.
when buckethead left... it took them years to find BBF... and even then; it was "last minute" thing.

I think they started talking to Ron back in 2004. But then they had that "meltdown" between him and the management at the time.
He did make his debut with the band in 2006 though.

another question is... could the 2 guitar players be replaced by only 1 in the future?

Not if you want to keep the same sound the band has had for the past 15 years or so.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #486 on: August 14, 2015, 11:19:48 AM »

because of it, he might be more vigilant than so far. The "new guy" might have a lot harder time getting accepted by the fans...
since it's really hard to watch people leave... and it will take a lot longer for the "new guy" to warm up our hearts (since we'd be afraid we'd have to watch him leave).

I don't think the new guy, whoever it is, is much of a game changer.

It will be another hired hand.  One not involved in the creation of any material being played on the stage.

Honestly, so long as the guy can play passable versions of GNR classics, what's new about it?

This "band" is Axl and whoever.  How its been, how its going to be.  Anyone actually getting attached to any of these guys, that's on them.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #487 on: August 15, 2015, 06:02:22 PM »

I'm absolutely happy, im not gonna be an hypocrite. I was very tired of Ron's constant victimization, tired of his negative comments, tired of his flirtation about his status as a GNR member, tired of seeing him ''separating'' himself from the rest of the band about multiple things. And even though he's an extraordinary guitar player, I don't think he has anything bright to offer to the band creatively.

About DJ, never really liked him. I appreciate DJ's way to communicate he was out: he said it loud and clear, without any margin to speculations. 100% the opposite to Bumble.

I will complete my post with this quote:

An album announcement and Robin return would sure end the negativity.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 06:31:44 PM by estebanf » Logged

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #488 on: August 15, 2015, 06:19:18 PM »

Not if you want to keep the same sound the band has had for the past 15 years or so.

I don't think the sound will be kept regardless. There's a distinct difference between the Bucket/Robin era and Bumble/Dj era.

I don't have any strong feelings about the number of guitarists, but the thought of Richard/Robin kinda excites me, knowing the two of them together have a proven chemistry.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #489 on: August 16, 2015, 04:57:36 AM »

I meant the sound of three guitars.  Smiley

/jarmo

Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #490 on: August 16, 2015, 09:25:00 AM »

I think they started talking to Ron back in 2004. But then they had that "meltdown" between him and the management at the time.
He did make his debut with the band in 2006 though.

yeah, but 2004 thing with bbf was based on Satriani recomendation, and was dismissed (for whatever reasons).
my point is; Axl didnt "need" a guitar player till 2006 and the tour - he was comfortable operating in the studio without a 3rd guitar player for 2 years.
but then when BBF finally did join, he made him re-record stuff... (kind of a waste of 2 years).

also, I remember Trent Reznors comment about Axl tying Robin for his bed post and making him make music Cheesy However kinky that may sound, it feels like a good creative process for a band. 2 guys at home, composing music.
I hope for that sort of cooperation with whoever fills in next (or just give me Robin back Cheesy)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 11:45:19 AM by Lucky » Logged

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: