Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:15:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN?R Reps Confirm Ron ?Bumblefoot? Thal Has Left The Band
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN?R Reps Confirm Ron ?Bumblefoot? Thal Has Left The Band  (Read 118483 times)
Princess Leia
« Reply #80 on: August 01, 2015, 04:09:38 AM »

He added: "I've been honoring a request to not make any public statements about anything related to it, which continues to put me in a very awkward position that I don't want to be in. Not how I do things, repeatedly taking the bullet on this one."

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/bumblefoot-doesnt-want-to-make-any-public-statements-about-guns-n-roses/

His current status with GNR, meanwhile, is purposely vague and something he's contractually "not [able] to elaborate on."

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/6531768/bumblefoot-video-little-brother-is-watching-exclusive-premiere

Uh huh..that's what I read.

Where does it say "with Guns n Roses"

It's pretty obvious he's talking about Guns N' Roses.

There is also this, he mentions Team Brazil:

Thal said: "Let folks know I'm not being forced, and TB [Team Brazil, the management company that manages GUNS N' ROSES and Rose] doesn't need to be treated like monsters, and I ask that they not be treated like villains. It's on me, I've been trying to please both sides at the same time that have a different approach to things, and everyone loses a little in the process ? that's on me, not them. I hate causing TB and the fans grief, there's just no smooth way to act on two opposing philosophies at the same time, and that's always been difficult for me."

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/bumblefoot-to-fans-dont-treat-guns-n-roses-management-as-villains/

I disagree that its obvious. And its defintely not explicitly said.

It's sort of implied, and it's probably the most logical implication, but the fact he doesnt explicityly say it leaves wiggle room, both for him and in interpretation. Even in his tb talk....he talks about a non-specifc "both sides", and even says its not on tb.

Those two things are mentioned in a way that could be taken to ge seperate things. Tb isn't necessarily one of the "both sides" in that sentence. They might (probably) be, but...again...hes not specific enough to be sure.

Which is part of the problem.

Well there are 99% chances the request came from Axl. And it seems he forgot to inform his rep. because the rep. said he doesn?t understand why BBF was evasive about his status.

Having said that I think BBF needs to hire some P.R. guy or manager who would deal with his social media and the press. BBF has shown he doesn?t know how to handle this. I don?t mean only GN?R we have to remember the Scott Weiland fiasco as well.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #81 on: August 01, 2015, 07:28:00 AM »

Thank you both. Now I understand a better. So if the sponsor tells Ron he has to pretend to be in the band because it is good business or part of his deal then why Ron was all the time hinting about leaving the band? He deleted the GN?R name from his social media among evasive things he said on interviews. It wasn?t a smart move from his part. That?s why I don?t buy that some sponsor or record label asked him to keep using the name GN?R despite not being the band. As someone else said, most of us get it when we see the clues. Only few keep in denial.

Now if it was the band who asked him to honor a request. Well in that case he didn?t honor the request anyway because he was hinting all the time about his status. On top of that how come now we have some spoke person from the band saying he doesn?t know why BBF didn?t speak freely about his status. So someone who is close to the band didn?t know about the request?Huh

I don't think a sponser would say "pretend to be in the band". They might say "don't publicize you are no longer in the band". See the difference?  And thats really what he's sort of done.

And again, i wouldn't peg this as a likely theory...just something thats possible.

And i agree...if it was the band who asked him to keep his staus under wraps...he didn't really honor it. Not in spirit.

Good insight

Considering he made a countdown, told various fans that it was his last show in Vegas, has made numerous references to GNR over the past months repeatedly,  I don't think he handled this entire situation very well at all.

Add this to the AOA publicity, and it is evident he needs a competent PR rep and a roll of tape for his mouth.  hihi

« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 07:40:33 AM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
mortismurphy
« Reply #82 on: August 01, 2015, 07:47:52 AM »

If we have more band defections it can only get more 'exciting'. If the entire band leave we might even have a party.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #83 on: August 01, 2015, 08:42:26 AM »

If we have more band defections it can only get more 'exciting'. If the entire band leave we might even have a party.

Why don't you go crawl back in your troll hole and cry to someone that is interested in hearing your repetitive gloom and doom scenario Moaning Mortis  crying

GNR will be just fine.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #84 on: August 01, 2015, 09:31:44 AM »

Parrots must be sleeping this morning! Polly wanna cracka!  Cheesy

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #85 on: August 01, 2015, 10:24:28 AM »

It is interesting to think about how this cloak of secrecy that GNR has always operated under will serve them in the future when it comes to gaining new fans.  GNR taking a year to address that Ron is no longer in the band is INSANE in 2015...let me say that again...INSANE.  The best is that the general tone of the statement was like "oh yeah he hasn't been in the band for a while, didn't you know that?  Did we not mention that?"  I find it absolutely hilarious and par for the course in GNR land, but I wonder if this will hurt the band as far as gaining that millennial audience for all future endeavors.

We live in a world for better or worse where we know what our favorite bands had for breakfast that day, and from the looks of it that is not slowing down anytime soon.  I know there is a certain mystique level some of us like to have, but I really don't think the younger audience wants anything to do with that.  If an artist I follow doesn't tweet something for like a week you will notice comments underneath like "where have you been, I thought you were dead", "Did you retire?"  If you are not beating them over the head with content at all times they will wander off and find something else to follow. 

With things like pledgemusic.com you can actually follow the band in the studio as they write and record the record if you preorder the album.  I think that is a really cool concept. 

I am curious to see what GNR does in the future, whether they become more transparent with their audience or continue down the same path.  I also wonder how it will impact getting that next generation of fans to pay attention to their art.  DJ and Ron are both very social media savvy.  DJ handled the situation like every other artists would in 2015, Ron did not.  I am not sure why.

reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #86 on: August 01, 2015, 10:35:59 AM »

It all makes for lovely headline fodder

http://www.nme.com/news/guns-n-roses/87279
mortismurphy
« Reply #87 on: August 01, 2015, 10:46:29 AM »

It is interesting to think about how this cloak of secrecy that GNR has always operated under will serve them in the future when it comes to gaining new fans.  GNR taking a year to address that Ron is no longer in the band is INSANE in 2015...let me say that again...INSANE.  The best is that the general tone of the statement was like "oh yeah he hasn't been in the band for a while, didn't you know that?  Did we not mention that?"  I find it absolutely hilarious and par for the course in GNR land, but I wonder if this will hurt the band as far as gaining that millennial audience for all future endeavors.

We live in a world for better or worse where we know what our favorite bands had for breakfast that day, and from the looks of it that is not slowing down anytime soon.  I know there is a certain mystique level some of us like to have, but I really don't think the younger audience wants anything to do with that.  If an artist I follow doesn't tweet something for like a week you will notice comments underneath like "where have you been, I thought you were dead", "Did you retire?"  If you are not beating them over the head with content at all times they will wander off and find something else to follow. 

With things like pledgemusic.com you can actually follow the band in the studio as they write and record the record if you preorder the album.  I think that is a really cool concept. 

I am curious to see what GNR does in the future, whether they become more transparent with their audience or continue down the same path.  I also wonder how it will impact getting that next generation of fans to pay attention to their art.  DJ and Ron are both very social media savvy.  DJ handled the situation like every other artists would in 2015, Ron did not.  I am not sure why.

Very good points. Guns/Axl have operated in this widely illogical 'Area 51' fashion since the old band collapsed during the dark days of the mid 1990s. It has been the way since then really.
Princess Leia
« Reply #88 on: August 01, 2015, 10:51:23 AM »

Very simple, we?ve been discussing about it. Ron said he had to honor a request about not to say anything regarding his status. But he gave hints all time. What doesn?t make sense is an official statement by the camp saying they don?t know understand why Ron didn?t  speak clearly about his status.

Was it the camp job to issue a statement earlier about Ron? I think so. But is it up to them? I mean they have to discuss it with Axl first about what to say and how to say it. Have they discussed the issue with Axl? It looks like they haven?t. Why? It?s anyone?s guess

As for the future. Well if you ask Frank according to him everything is great. Things are moving and 2016 will be an amazing year

hihi
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #89 on: August 01, 2015, 10:52:15 AM »

As long as GN'R continues, I have no complaints.  All that exists right now is potential.
stvyrayvhn
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #90 on: August 01, 2015, 11:29:53 AM »

EXACTLY!!!!   ok peace beer
As long as GN'R continues, I have no complaints.  All that exists right now is potential.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #91 on: August 01, 2015, 11:38:50 AM »

As a fan of the band, the last few days have actually made me feel a little better. I know there has been some contention over whether or not members leaving is exciting, but to me what is exciting is having some clarity for the first time since the Ron rumors started in South America.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #92 on: August 01, 2015, 11:45:39 AM »

Great post.  And you bring up some very interesting points.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #93 on: August 01, 2015, 12:58:09 PM »

I don't know how it can be any clearer, when you are trying to say something, you agreed not to say. Cheesy

Hopefully everyone is free to speak now.

He might not be able to be clearer.

But it still was't 100% clear.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Princess Leia
« Reply #94 on: August 01, 2015, 01:19:53 PM »

I don't know how it can be any clearer, when you are trying to say something, you agreed not to say. Cheesy

Why not? The truth has come out. He is no longer in the band and the whole world knows it
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #95 on: August 01, 2015, 02:06:18 PM »

Why not? The truth has come out. He is no longer in the band and the whole world knows it

I meant prior to the last couple days, over the past year.

As to why.....thats the million dollar question.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #96 on: August 01, 2015, 02:27:40 PM »

Good riddance, I never liked him anyway. He always was whining about something....
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #97 on: August 01, 2015, 02:34:05 PM »

At least we have some confirmation now and we can move on.

Do you guys think Axl wants to replace Bumble as well, to continue having a guitarist with shredding capabilities?

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #98 on: August 01, 2015, 02:39:43 PM »

Hi Fernando! I can see you're reading the thread. Is there anything you can share with us concerning the leaving of Dj and Bumble? Are you looking to replace both?

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Rainfox
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #99 on: August 01, 2015, 02:46:59 PM »

GnR Street Team, time to get the Robin chants started!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: