Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:59:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN?R Reps Confirm Ron ?Bumblefoot? Thal Has Left The Band
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN?R Reps Confirm Ron ?Bumblefoot? Thal Has Left The Band  (Read 118495 times)
Princess Leia
« Reply #120 on: August 02, 2015, 05:01:11 AM »

"Bumblefoot quit last year. I don't understand why he continues to be evasive on his status with the band -- he quit in South America. He told Axl he was done and (Las) Vegas would be his last run with the band."

Couldn't the same be said about the Guns camp?
Why have they been evasive about it for a year?

Does it seem to any one else that they are throwing Ron under the bus?

I disagree.

At least management confirms Ron has quit.

Yes one year later. And the camp say " I don?t understand why BBF is evasive about his status" Well if you don?t understand ask him. Funny the camp rush to call Marc Canter to complain over an online little documentary. But they never bother to call BBF to ask him why he was evasive.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #121 on: August 02, 2015, 09:01:19 AM »

"Bumblefoot quit last year. I don't understand why he continues to be evasive on his status with the band -- he quit in South America. He told Axl he was done and (Las) Vegas would be his last run with the band."

I disagree.

Yes one year later. And the camp say " I don?t understand why BBF is evasive about his status" Well if you don?t understand ask him. Funny the camp rush to call Marc Canter to complain over an online little documentary. But they never bother to call BBF to ask him why he was evasive.

Could you explain more about this?

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Princess Leia
« Reply #122 on: August 02, 2015, 10:11:14 AM »

I disagree.

Let?s say you are the camp.

Scenario 1: You know that BBF is not allowed to make a statement because you asked him not to talk about his status. He agrees. Now you see that he is giving hints about it all time with the countdown and other comments like "the reign of doom is over" Fans read all this they can figure things out. So you pick up the phone and you tell BBF to knock it off with the hints and shut up because there is an agreement he must honor.

Scenario 2: If there never was any agreement. If he was free to make a statement about his status. And you see he is playing mystery games, giving clues (as he put it) And you don?t understand why he is doing this or why he is being evasive. You pick up the phone to discuss with him this situation. And if he still doesn?t want to make an announcement. Then you do it and you put an end to speculations, assumption and mystery.

But please don?t wait an entire year to issue a statement to say you don?t understand why BFF was evasive.
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #123 on: August 02, 2015, 11:17:51 AM »

I disagree.

Scenario 1: You know that BBF is not allowed to make a statement because you asked him not to talk about his status. He agrees. Now you see that he is giving hints about it all time with the countdown and other comments like "the reign of doom is over" Fans read all this they can figure things out. So you pick up the phone and you tell BBF to knock it off with the hints and shut up because there is an agreement he must honor.

Scenario 2: If there never was any agreement. If he was free to make a statement about his status. And you see he is playing mystery games, giving clues (as he put it) And you don?t understand why he is doing this or why he is being evasive. You pick up the phone to discuss with him this situation. And if he still doesn?t want to make an announcement. Then you do it and you put an end to speculations, assumption and mystery.

But please don?t wait an entire year to issue a statement to say you don?t understand why BFF was evasive.

Maybe GNR didn't really care much about Bumble or what he was doing after he quit.  They weren't going to make an announcement because they haven't found a replacement yet (like this approach or not, that's how they have done it recently).  And the only reason "somebody" made a comment about it recently is because they were asked?  And yeah, I don't believe GNR ever asked him not to say anything or else they would have done the same with DJ.  So if GNR sees that Bumble is playing mystery games (for whatever reason), maybe they just don't give a rats ass.  But the longer it goes on, maybe that person is like enough is enough.  It could be pretty simple really. 

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #124 on: August 02, 2015, 11:22:47 AM »

I disagree.

Maybe GNR didn't really care much about Bumble or what he was doing after he quit.  They weren't going to make an announcement because they haven't found a replacement yet (like this approach or not, that's how they have done it recently).  And the only reason "somebody" made a comment about it recently is because they were asked?  And yeah, I don't believe GNR ever asked him not to say anything or else they would have done the same with DJ.  So if GNR sees that Bumble is playing mystery games (for whatever reason), maybe they just don't give a rats ass.  But the longer it goes on, maybe that person is like enough is enough.  It could be pretty simple really. 

It?s odd (but not surprising) that some people here are blaming Ron for all of this.  Granted, BBF acted a bit immature, but management very easily could have dealt with Ron?s evasiveness by making a statement a year ago.  Instead, they chose to remain silent.  Clearly, they enabled Ron?s behavior, and could?ve put a stop to it at any time.

Also, why the nameless statement from management?  I guess it?s fitting, seeing as how everything else has been handled like a clusterfuck.  Why stop now?
Sickthings3
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #125 on: August 02, 2015, 11:29:23 AM »

I just love how whenever there are two sides saying different things, people always tend to believe the other side and say Guns are the ones that are lying.  I think a lot of it comes from Axl, since he doesn't and will not come out to defend himself (this has been stated in an interview, I forget with who though). I also feel Axl summed it up perfectly with the song Prostitute, specifically in this line "Why would they tell me to please those that laugh in my face". Early on in his career, Axl got burned by the media and such and decided to just give up on it. It seems he lets the music do the talking for him.

Now, I will say it is a bit disturbing that Tommy is saying he's out of the loop when Frank is saying there is a plan in place. It may mean something or may be just as simple as this is the reason they are on Hiatus, they knew Ron was out. Maybe Axl is regrouping, Frank reached out to him and Tommy didn't. I dunno.

I do think it'll be interesting to see what the next move is. Selfishly, I hope that it is NOT retirement. I believe Axl still has a lot he has to offer. It could be as simple as Axl is going through the old songs, trying to figure out which ones to release, which needs more work, etc and doesn't need a band or a guitarist right now, so he isn't too concerned. Whatever the case may be, I just hope Axl is well and healthy.
GNR2014
Rocker

We've been through this such a long long time

« Reply #126 on: August 02, 2015, 12:05:10 PM »

damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #127 on: August 02, 2015, 12:40:54 PM »

I disagree.

It?s odd (but not surprising) that some people here are blaming Ron for all of this.  Granted, BBF acted a bit immature, but management very easily could have dealt with Ron?s evasiveness by making a statement a year ago.  Instead, they chose to remain silent.  Clearly, they enabled Ron?s behavior, and could?ve put a stop to it at any time.

Also, why the nameless statement from management?  I guess it?s fitting, seeing as how everything else has been handled like a clusterfuck.  Why stop now?

Blaming?  Blaming for what?  "All of this"?  Were talking about Rons actions.  We're ripping Ron for HIS actions.  When you use the term "blaming" it usually inloves two parties.  Ron is the only one involved here.  So are you saying its GNRs fault that Ron acts the way he does??  The comments here directed towards Ron are that he's been immature, unprofessional, etc.  Has he not?  We're talking about Ron and how HE'S acting, not about GNR.  Don't start blaming someone else for Rons actions.  This isn't about GNR, it's about how Ron has handled himself. 

So the fact that Ron has handled this poorly, GNR is then required (in your mind) to make a statement?  Jesus
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 01:33:47 PM by damnthehaters » Logged

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #128 on: August 02, 2015, 02:01:44 PM »

I believe Ron quit and agreed to let management make the announcement.  When they didn't over the year, he left his little "hints" along the way.

Leia, there may be an explanation for the odd "I don't understand why he continues to be evasive" remark.  The articles headline has been changed from "GN'R Reps Confirm" to "Source Confirms".  It says it is a confirmed source with the band.  Not necessarily management.  Someone with the band who was not privy to that information.

So the fact that Ron has handled this poorly, GNR is then required (in your mind) to make a statement?  Jesus

That's what band managers do.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #129 on: August 02, 2015, 02:54:35 PM »

I believe Ron quit and agreed to let management make the announcement.  When they didn't over the year, he left his little "hints" along the way.

Leia, there may be an explanation for the odd "I don't understand why he continues to be evasive" remark.  The articles headline has been changed from "GN'R Reps Confirm" to "Source Confirms".  It says it is a confirmed source with the band.  Not necessarily management.  Someone with the band who was not privy to that information.

That's what band managers do.

I think there's a couple things at play here. First, I don't think band management felt the need to make any announcement since the band didn't have any shows or releases on the horizon. At the same time, while Ron was in the band he often would say that it wasn't his place to announce plans and he'd leave that up to management. So instead, he dropped fairly obvious hints along the way.

Either side could have cleared it up, they chose not to. Not sure it's of any importance to place blame on one side or the other. Doesn't seem to accomplish much of anything.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #130 on: August 02, 2015, 02:57:21 PM »

I disagree.

Blaming?  Blaming for what?  "All of this"?  Were talking about Rons actions.  We're ripping Ron for HIS actions.  When you use the term "blaming" it usually inloves two parties.  Ron is the only one involved here.  So are you saying its GNRs fault that Ron acts the way he does??  The comments here directed towards Ron are that he's been immature, unprofessional, etc.  Has he not?  We're talking about Ron and how HE'S acting, not about GNR.  Don't start blaming someone else for Rons actions.  This isn't about GNR, it's about how Ron has handled himself. 

No?we?re talking about the comment (the one above in bold) by the unnamed member of the GnR camp who said ?I don?t understand why he continues to be evasive with his status in the band?.  My point is management enabled him to be evasive?because they said nothing for over a year. 

I do think Ron was asked by management not to officially say anything?and I do think he handled that poorly.  But, I think that both parties benefitted from the no official announcement.  Ron could still trade on the GnR name for appearances and management didn?t have to deal with the fallout from losing (another) guitarist.

Sorry, but this is about GnR.  And it?s also about Ron. 
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #131 on: August 02, 2015, 03:04:53 PM »

So you're choosing to believe Ron over GNR? That's fine, but that is what you're doing. The source is certainly implying that Ron wasn't told not to comment on his status. Ron has said he was told not to comment.

Let's say Ron was telling the truth. He still dropped many obvious hints along the way. So he basically disobeyed their wishes if that was the case.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #132 on: August 02, 2015, 03:30:07 PM »

If what they are saying now is accurate, they have known this whole time.

The second or third time you hear Ron going with this "I can't say" routine, you say fuck this, and clear it up.

Well, that's how most organizations would handle things anyway.  Takes 5 minutes of your time, not a year.

Anyway, the hell with him.  He wants to leave, leave.  What do I give a fuck?  I never knew the guy was alive prior to 5/12/2006, and its not like I'm alone there.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Princess Leia
« Reply #133 on: August 02, 2015, 03:42:17 PM »

Sorry, in my case this issue goes beyond Ron. I believe the real debate here is the band?s communication policy, if they have one.

One member says he is leaving, other said he is out of the loop, another one says that things are moving and 2016 we will have important things, another one is giving clues about leaving and this whole mess over his departure and a couple more working on other projects saying that things with GN?R are up in the air and they don?t know.

We have mixed information from people who work together in the same band. If we can still call this a band. And adding more fuel to the fire we also have reunion rumors.

How come there are people here saying that management don?t need to make any kind of statement?!!!!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #134 on: August 02, 2015, 03:48:14 PM »

Sorry, in my case this issue goes beyond Ron. I believe the real debate here is the band?s communication policy, if they have one.

One member says he is leaving, other said he is out of the loop, another one says that things are moving and 2016 we will have important things, another one is giving clues about leaving and this whole mess over his departure and a couple more working on other projects saying that things with GN?R are up in the air and they don?t know.

We have mixed information from people who work together in the same band. If we can still call this a band. And adding more fuel to the fire we also have reunion rumors.

How come there are people here saying that management don?t need to make any kind of statement?!!!!
I don't find it much different than it's ever been. That doesn't make it right, but I just don't expect any changes. Things have always been mysterious with this band. Nothing has ever been straight forward. It is what it is.

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #135 on: August 02, 2015, 03:50:08 PM »

So you're choosing to believe Ron over GNR? That's fine, but that is what you're doing. The source is certainly implying that Ron wasn't told not to comment on his status. Ron has said he was told not to comment.

Consider the source of that quote is a confirmed source with the band.  It could be a band member who has no idea what Ron and management agreed to.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #136 on: August 02, 2015, 03:53:55 PM »

Its a pretty shoddily run operation by any objective standard. 

But we aren't the least bit objective.  We all look the other way because we appreciate his talent.  Probably says more about us than it does him, honestly.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #137 on: August 02, 2015, 03:57:08 PM »

Consider the source of that quote is a confirmed source with the band.  It could be a band member who has no idea what Ron and management agreed to.

I think people are making this more complicated than it needs to be. He's out. Does it really matter who announced it or when it was announced? There aren't any shows or releases on the horizon that we know of. When that time comes, we'll find out who's actually in the band. I wouldn't expect to find out today, next week, or next month. If we do, great, but I wouldn't count on it.

Princess Leia
« Reply #138 on: August 02, 2015, 03:57:46 PM »

I don't find it much different than it's ever been. That doesn't make it right, but I just don't expect any changes. Things have always been mysterious with this band. Nothing has ever been straight forward. It is what it is.

You just said it. It is not right. Then they have to make it right once and for all. From the outside this band looks like a circus time and time again. How come band members and management don?t see they make a fool of themselves. Don?t they ever feel embarrass?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #139 on: August 02, 2015, 04:04:35 PM »

You just said it. It is not right. Then they have to make it right once and for all. From the outside this band looks like a circus time and time again. How come band members and management don?t see they make a fool of themselves. Don?t they ever feel embarrass?
I think you're barking up the wrong tree if you're expecting them to all of a sudden change the way they've done business the last 15 years. You certainly don't have to like it, but it is the most likely scenario.

I'd like to think that if there was real exciting news on the forefront, they'd share it with us. For obvious reasons, maybe they're not in a rush to announce band members have left and there aren't any concrete plans that they can share at this time. I'm not sure what that would accomplish.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: