Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:14:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN?R Reps Confirm Ron ?Bumblefoot? Thal Has Left The Band
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN?R Reps Confirm Ron ?Bumblefoot? Thal Has Left The Band  (Read 118511 times)
Princess Leia
« Reply #140 on: August 02, 2015, 04:10:29 PM »

You can fuck up 1 time,2 times, 3, 4... Don?t push it. You may reach a point of no return. That?s what I?m saying
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #141 on: August 02, 2015, 04:14:23 PM »

You can fuck up 1 time,2 times, 3, 4... Don?t push it. You may reach a point of no return. That?s what I?m saying

To Leia's point (and I think it's a good one) you have existing band members that have widely differing outlooks on what's going on.  That doesn't really paint a picture of clarity or togetherness.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #142 on: August 02, 2015, 04:15:28 PM »

Obviously, a lot of people have had their fill and have given up on the situation over the years. Some new people have been enticed and climbed aboard, and some have stuck around to see where this ride takes us. Apparently they don't feel an urgency to change their business model. People have been asking for that for well over a decade. History has a way of repeating itself.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Princess Leia
« Reply #143 on: August 02, 2015, 04:23:24 PM »

Obviously, a lot of people have had their fill and have given up on the situation over the years. Some new people have been enticed and climbed aboard, and some have stuck around to see where this ride takes us. Apparently they don't feel an urgency to change their business model. People have been asking for that for well over a decade. History has a way of repeating itself.

Well I guess the day they can?t find promoters and sponsors. History will repeat itself for Axl. If he wants to perform he is gonna need to go back to The Roxy
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #144 on: August 02, 2015, 04:24:40 PM »

So you're choosing to believe Ron over GNR? That's fine, but that is what you're doing. The source is certainly implying that Ron wasn't told not to comment on his status. Ron has said he was told not to comment.

Consider the source of that quote is a confirmed source with the band.  It could be a band member who has no idea what Ron and management agreed to.

I think people are making this more complicated than it needs to be. He's out. Does it really matter who announced it or when it was announced? There aren't any shows or releases on the horizon that we know of. When that time comes, we'll find out who's actually in the band. I wouldn't expect to find out today, next week, or next month. If we do, great, but I wouldn't count on it.

EXACTLY!  Regardless of who should have done what.....I think most people are just referring to Ron's actions.  Announcement or no announcement, Ron has acted poorly.  So are some saying that BECAUSE GNR didn't announce that he was out of the band, that it's ok to act the way he did?  I don't get it?  Were talking about Ron.    

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #145 on: August 02, 2015, 04:27:52 PM »

To Leia's point (and I think it's a good one) you have existing band members that have widely differing outlooks on what's going on.  That doesn't really paint a picture of clarity or togetherness.

Its bizarre and dysfunctional.  I think its hurts their credibility as a viable band.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Princess Leia
« Reply #146 on: August 02, 2015, 04:29:28 PM »

Axl doesn?t care about that. His only concern is that if one day, out of the blue he feels like performing. He just want whoever ready to report for duty. I fear one day nobody will answer
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #147 on: August 02, 2015, 05:19:15 PM »

So you're choosing to believe Ron over GNR? That's fine, but that is what you're doing. The source is certainly implying that Ron wasn't told not to comment on his status. Ron has said he was told not to comment.

Consider the source of that quote is a "confirmed source with the band".  It could be a band member who has no idea what Ron and management agreed to.

I think people are making this more complicated than it needs to be. He's out. Does it really matter who announced it or when it was announced?

That wasn't the point I was making.

Anyway, I think most can agree that Ron handled it poorly, and management could have cleared things up long ago.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #148 on: August 02, 2015, 05:38:07 PM »

Anyway, I think most can agree that Ron handled it poorly, and management could have cleared things up long ago.

This is best way to summarize the whole thing.

As to why Ron acted the way he did or why the management kept quiet... I have a feeling we'll never know.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #149 on: August 02, 2015, 05:47:05 PM »

I think you're barking up the wrong tree if you're expecting them to all of a sudden change the way they've done business the last 15 years. You certainly don't have to like it, but it is the most likely scenario.

I agree with this.  And this is certainly what we are told, all the time.  And its not incorrect.

But nor is it a ringing endorsement on the efficacy of the approach.

You should be able to say "It's how it is/has been/will be and it ain't gonna change..." and follow it up with "...even though its a pretty fucked up way to do things."

First part, no problem.  Second part, that gets stuck in some throats.

I don't get the personal affront some treat that second part either.  If you don't agree, fine.  But no one just spit on your mother.

Chillax.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
axlvai
Rocker

« Reply #150 on: August 02, 2015, 05:49:46 PM »

As a fan of the band, the last few days have actually made me feel a little better. I know there has been some contention over whether or not members leaving is exciting, but to me what is exciting is having some clarity for the first time since the Ron rumors started in South America.

The classified info started in South America... not the rumors.

axlvai
GNR2014
Rocker

We've been through this such a long long time

« Reply #151 on: August 02, 2015, 06:22:16 PM »

I think you're barking up the wrong tree if you're expecting them to all of a sudden change the way they've done business the last 15 years. You certainly don't have to like it, but it is the most likely scenario.

I agree with this.  And this is certainly what we are told, all the time.  And its not incorrect.

You should be able to say "It's how it is/has been/will be and it ain't gonna change..." and follow it up with "...even though its a pretty fucked up way to do things."

I don't get the personal affront some treat that second part either.  If you don't agree, fine.  But no one just spit on your mother.

Chillax.

Situation Normal... #AFU
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #152 on: August 02, 2015, 06:58:06 PM »

"Bumblefoot quit last year. I don't understand why he continues to be evasive on his status with the band -- he quit in South America. He told Axl he was done and (Las) Vegas would be his last run with the band."

Couldn't the same be said about the Guns camp?
Why have they been evasive about it for a year?

Does it seem to any one else that they are throwing Ron under the bus?

I disagree.

You guys are all overlooking a significant update.  Fernando gave us the answer to everything we've be looking for right here, in two words.  So next time you convince yourself that you know what GN'R should do, how and when they do it, just remember that TB "disagree".

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #153 on: August 02, 2015, 10:32:17 PM »

Is that really him?

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #154 on: August 02, 2015, 10:42:22 PM »

Is that really him?

Fernando? Yes.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Princess Leia
« Reply #155 on: August 03, 2015, 04:33:23 AM »

Chillax.

You?re right but they... you know... "disagree". As long as they deny that "it is a pretty fucked up way to do things" we?re not going anywhere.

It?s like an alcoholic dude who lie to himself and others when he says he doesn?t have a drinking problem.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #156 on: August 03, 2015, 04:39:54 AM »

I think people are making this more complicated than it needs to be. He's out. Does it really matter who announced it or when it was announced? There aren't any shows or releases on the horizon that we know of. When that time comes, we'll find out who's actually in the band. I wouldn't expect to find out today, next week, or next month. If we do, great, but I wouldn't count on it.

Yes.
This has been a point made for months but it was always met with something that can be condensed into: But we need to know.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Princess Leia
« Reply #157 on: August 03, 2015, 04:54:30 AM »

Yes.
This has been a point made for months but it was always met with something that can be condensed into: But we need to know.

/jarmo

The difference is that unlike in previous situation when he had rumors from the media or the friend of the brother of the uncle saying something. This time it was the band ex member himself giving clues 24/7.

You have to put in action some kind of strategy.

And as I said before the situation goes beyond BBF
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #158 on: August 03, 2015, 06:19:23 AM »

If nobody had said a single word other than "no comment" regarding any possible future plans for GN'R, there wouldn't have been a reason for any updates, corrections, statements or speculation.

It's not productive, in my opinion, to announce something like a departure when your next show isn't booked. Or if you don't have somebody confirmed to fill that slot in the band.

We found out about Dj joining once the band was getting ready for a tour. We found out about Frank just before his first show in 2006, we found out about Ron at his first show and Richard just before his first show in 2002.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Princess Leia
« Reply #159 on: August 03, 2015, 07:29:17 AM »

If nobody had said a single word other than "no comment" regarding any possible future plans for GN'R, there wouldn't have been a reason for any updates, corrections, statements or speculation.

It's not productive, in my opinion, to announce something like a departure when your next show isn't booked. Or if you don't have somebody confirmed to fill that slot in the band.

We found out about Dj joining once the band was getting ready for a tour. We found out about Frank just before his first show in 2006, we found out about Ron at his first show and Richard just before his first show in 2002.

/jarmo

Then it seems that this time around someone forgot to tell them to shut up. Band members  don?t have the power to read minds. They need to be told. Or they need to sign a document or something. And we can?t rule out the possibility that they?ve been told keep quiet and they didn?t care. So they did what they felt like it.

There was no plan in place to deal with an unexpected situation.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: