Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:41:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN?R Reps Confirm Ron ?Bumblefoot? Thal Has Left The Band
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN?R Reps Confirm Ron ?Bumblefoot? Thal Has Left The Band  (Read 118478 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #180 on: August 03, 2015, 02:13:25 PM »

Consider the source of that quote is a "confirmed source with the band".  It could be a band member who has no idea what Ron and management agreed to.

I think people are making this more complicated than it needs to be. He's out. Does it really matter who announced it or when it was announced? There aren't any shows or releases on the horizon that we know of. When that time comes, we'll find out who's actually in the band. I wouldn't expect to find out today, next week, or next month. If we do, great, but I wouldn't count on it.

I agree.  There will always be the could of done better, should of done it this way, should of done it that way.  Things could of been handled differently, however they weren't and here we are.  I know it isn't ideal, and what's not ideal; gets turned into whatever one's perception of the situation is and then the forums flourish with discussions.

Some of the points made on this Forum or others are read and even the most negative ones help in some way.  I do apologize if updates aren't as frequently as you would like them to be.  But it doesn't mean that there isn't one, just maybe, only maybe that update isn't ready to be made. 

The point I was trying to make was...to some of the criticism regarding the remark "I don't understand why he continues to be evasive on his status with the band", TB was accused of throwing Ron under the bus etc.  I don't think they are the ones quoted in the article.  It just says "a confirmed source with the band".

No, it doesn't matter who announced it unless that person is being criticized for what they said.  To be fair.

@Fernando.  Appreciate the post, and a little information goes a long way here.  Hopefully we get some good news, any news soon.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #181 on: August 03, 2015, 02:14:35 PM »

Ron said his piece about being forced to tour while having crippling back injuries

That's just not true. Ron said it was his own decision, he never blamed anyone and was never forced.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #182 on: August 03, 2015, 02:15:30 PM »

If you only have one side of the debate, that side becomes the perception. Ron said his piece about being forced to tour while having crippling back injuries and bullied by certain band members. GNR's reply? A wall of silence.

Ron also said he was asked not to comment on his situation.  If that's not true, why wouldn't management step up and say so?  By remaining silent, it's a tacit admission that it's true.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #183 on: August 03, 2015, 02:15:58 PM »

If you only have one side of the debate, that side becomes the perception. Ron said his piece about being forced to tour while having crippling back injuries and bullied by certain band members. GNR's reply? A wall of silence.

Exactly.  And that perception becomes the reality.

There are people to this day that will swear on a stack of biblebooks that Axl forced Slash and Duff to sign a contract or he would not take the stage.  Axl says that's bunk.  Of course, he said it 5 years after the claim when it was already entrenched in the public's view.

Who is that helping?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #184 on: August 03, 2015, 02:17:14 PM »

Ron also said he was asked not to comment on his situation.  If that's not true, why wouldn't management step up and say so?  By remaining silent, it's a tacit admission that it's true.

Yep.  And then they get mad about "lies" being reported.

Well, all due respect...who gave you laryngitis?  If it's wrong, say it's wrong, and say it right then.  Don't let it prosper.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
mortismurphy
« Reply #185 on: August 03, 2015, 02:20:09 PM »

Ron said his piece about being forced to tour while having crippling back injuries

That's just not true. Ron said it was his own decision, he never blamed anyone and was never forced.

The picture was so implied that it appeared as such at the time when combined with his statement about being bullied upon joining the band, and other complaints about gnr interfering with his solo scheduling. This is the 'perception'. Even his 'do not blame TB' seems somewhat reflective.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #186 on: August 03, 2015, 02:34:04 PM »

The picture was so implied that it appeared as such at the time when combined with his statement about being bullied upon joining the band, and other complaints about gnr interfering with his solo scheduling. This is the 'perception'. Even his 'do not blame TB' seems somewhat reflective.

When it comes to Ron touring with back pain, I didn't get the impression of him blaming GNR for forcing him to tour. He rather talked about the experience and that it was all up to him to continue touring. Case closed, really.

I don't think that needed a response from GNR management.

The bullying happened early on in Ron's GNR career, and he talked about this publicly years after the fact, if I remember correctly. Not so sure what kind of statement the management should have made after he told that story.. If it was an ongoing thing, happening right now, I would expect some sort of statement. But this was more like "war stories" coming from Ron.

I do agree they could've shut down the rumor mill about Ron leaving much, much sooner. I just can't seem to grasp what really happened there, with conflicting stories and all. But if the recent source confirming Ron's departure isn't management, then I can imagine that source not being aware of any agreement Ron and GNR had when he left.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
maynard
« Reply #187 on: August 03, 2015, 03:06:01 PM »

It's amazing how management/Axl will only speak when the status of the band becomes very very questionable. It's not the smartest way to deal with a frustrated and yet greatly loyal fanbase. Axl should be thankful to have real fans like us, who care about his music, not when he will come to their city to play SCOM and PC. The fans online deserve better. I'm pretty sure Fernando's fingers haven't broken from typing a few words to control damage. It's not that hard.
hartman
Rocker

Here since 2002

« Reply #188 on: August 03, 2015, 03:21:47 PM »

Management is doing a great job. I don't understand the complains. The band is working on their next projects, where is the problem? Carry on with your own life. They'll talk when they have something to say.

GNR forever !!
Princess Leia
« Reply #189 on: August 03, 2015, 03:47:10 PM »

"Bumblefoot quit last year. I don't understand why he continues to be evasive on his status with the band -- he quit in South America. He told Axl he was done and (Las) Vegas would be his last run with the band."

Couldn't the same be said about the Guns camp?
Why have they been evasive about it for a year?

Does it seem to any one else that they are throwing Ron under the bus?

I disagree.

You guys are all overlooking a significant update.  Fernando gave us the answer to everything we've be looking for right here, in two words.  So next time you convince yourself that you know what GN'R should do, how and when they do it, just remember that TB "disagree".

Is this what baiting looks like?

So you're choosing to believe Ron over GNR? That's fine, but that is what you're doing. The source is certainly implying that Ron wasn't told not to comment on his status. Ron has said he was told not to comment.

Consider the source of that quote is a confirmed source with the band.  It could be a band member who has no idea what Ron and management agreed to.

I think people are making this more complicated than it needs to be. He's out. Does it really matter who announced it or when it was announced? There aren't any shows or releases on the horizon that we know of. When that time comes, we'll find out who's actually in the band. I wouldn't expect to find out today, next week, or next month. If we do, great, but I wouldn't count on it.

I agree.  There will always be the could of done better, should of done it this way, should of done it that way.  Things could of been handled differently, however they weren't and here we are.  I know it isn't ideal, and what's not ideal; gets turned into whatever one's perception of the situation is and then the forums flourish with discussions.

Some of the points made on this Forum or others are read and even the most negative ones help in some way.  I do apologize if updates aren't as frequently as you would like them to be.  But it doesn't mean that there isn't one, just maybe, only maybe that update isn't ready to be made. 

One of my favorite quotes is "3 hour meeting".  That gets me every time. My favorite poster has to be (magisme), if you or anyone ever wondered.

Fernando thank you for your apology and your determination to try to do things better. We are not asking for ideal or perfect situations. All we ask is some update from time to time. It doesn?t have to be any huge announcement.

I give you an example. If yesterday Axl was in the studio recording. Is it too impossible to post a picture of him in the GN?R official Facebook or twitter? Believe me something so simple as that can change the negative mood around forums

I don?t see anything wrong with posting that kind of update. If there is something wrong. Could you please explain what the problem is?

I would say that the top secret policy doesn?t work. One way or another something leaks to the media or forums. Please try to figure out with the band a way to communicate better. After all we?re talking about a rock band. It doesn?t make sense to act like it was the Pentagon or the CIA.

If you want some positive feedback. It was a great idea to get Duff back in band for the South American Tour.  Smiley  ok

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #190 on: August 03, 2015, 04:44:10 PM »

The alleged bullying was early on in his tenure-and he never was forced to tour with back injuries, it was his choice.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=2302

Well, when I first joined the band, they did not want me in the band. And it's not me - they just didn't want a third guitar player. ?Cause at the time they had worked it out for two guitar players. Then suddenly the old manager at the time hits them up one day, and the tour was, like, two weeks away. He said, ?your new guitar player is coming down?. And they're like, ?what the hell - who the fuck is this??, and I showed up, and they wouldn't even look at me. For that first tour, you know, I was treated like shit. Like absolute shit. They wouldn't really talk to me. If I spoke, they'd roll their eyes and walk out of the room. I was made to feel as unwelcome as possible. Until, finally, I had to get a little violent. And then they started realizing that I'm not gonna leave. They're gonna get hurt.
In what way?
- Physically.
Really?
- Yeah. Then they realized that they couldn't bully me, and that I was gonna fight at a level they weren't prepared for. And then they started loosening up how nasty they were. It was about three years before they would really start warming up and start talking to me. Even about things back then. ?Cause I didn't know why they were so cold to me, and I realized that they would have treated anybody that way. It was a set of circumstances, a lack of communication from the management that was there at the time, that set it up so it was almost like a stranger thrown into a crowded cage.

In late 2011, Thal chose to tour instead of take time off to heal in order "keep Guns N' Roses alive", later stating the decision resulted in him having nerve damage in both arms in addition to chronic pain 'for the rest of [his] life'.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=65518.0

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
mortismurphy
« Reply #191 on: August 03, 2015, 04:49:50 PM »

It's amazing how management/Axl will only speak when the status of the band becomes very very questionable. It's not the smartest way to deal with a frustrated and yet greatly loyal fanbase. Axl should be thankful to have real fans like us, who care about his music, not when he will come to their city to play SCOM and PC. The fans online deserve better. I'm pretty sure Fernando's fingers haven't broken from typing a few words to control damage. It's not that hard.

Personally I just do not see the benefit of operating like Area 51 as new gnr have done since the beginning really. I do not know who gains? If he is in the studio, a few online updates from time to time? Most bands post pictures and sometimes have video scrap books. Heck, even before the internet they would let a magazine visit and take a few photographs. How are gnr gaining by repudiating this approach? It is a win win scenario as it closes down speculation and fan negativity while generating future interest for the upcoming release.
mortismurphy
« Reply #192 on: August 03, 2015, 04:50:44 PM »

The alleged bullying was early on in his tenure-and he never was forced to tour with back injuries, it was his choice.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=2302

Well, when I first joined the band, they did not want me in the band. And it's not me - they just didn't want a third guitar player. ?Cause at the time they had worked it out for two guitar players. Then suddenly the old manager at the time hits them up one day, and the tour was, like, two weeks away. He said, ?your new guitar player is coming down?. And they're like, ?what the hell - who the fuck is this??, and I showed up, and they wouldn't even look at me. For that first tour, you know, I was treated like shit. Like absolute shit. They wouldn't really talk to me. If I spoke, they'd roll their eyes and walk out of the room. I was made to feel as unwelcome as possible. Until, finally, I had to get a little violent. And then they started realizing that I'm not gonna leave. They're gonna get hurt.
In what way?
- Physically.
Really?
- Yeah. Then they realized that they couldn't bully me, and that I was gonna fight at a level they weren't prepared for. And then they started loosening up how nasty they were. It was about three years before they would really start warming up and start talking to me. Even about things back then. ?Cause I didn't know why they were so cold to me, and I realized that they would have treated anybody that way. It was a set of circumstances, a lack of communication from the management that was there at the time, that set it up so it was almost like a stranger thrown into a crowded cage.

In late 2011, Thal chose to tour instead of take time off to heal in order "keep Guns N' Roses alive", later stating the decision resulted in him having nerve damage in both arms in addition to chronic pain 'for the rest of [his] life'.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=65518.0

All of that basically makes the exact case I was making. Thanks for positing it.
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #193 on: August 03, 2015, 04:54:12 PM »

I wonder if Ron found himself further alienated from the band after that interview.  I can't imagine that the other band members were too keen on hearing Ron publicly outing them as bullies and stating that they starting being nice to him only after he threatened to kick their ass.
hartman
Rocker

Here since 2002

« Reply #194 on: August 03, 2015, 05:20:17 PM »

If he is in the studio, a few online updates from time to time? Most bands post pictures and sometimes have video scrap books. Heck, even before the internet they would let a magazine visit and take a few photographs. How are gnr gaining by repudiating this approach? It is a win win scenario as it closes down speculation and fan negativity while generating future interest for the upcoming release.
What if he's not in the studio and there's no pictures to post ?

GNR forever !!
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #195 on: August 03, 2015, 05:27:38 PM »

All we ask is some update from time to time. It doesn?t have to be any huge announcement.

I give you an example. If yesterday Axl was in the studio recording. Is it too impossible to post a picture of him in the GN?R official Facebook or twitter? Believe me something so simple as that can change the negative mood around forums

I don?t see anything wrong with posting that kind of update. If there is something wrong. Could you please explain what the problem is?

I would say that the top secret policy doesn?t work. One way or another something leaks to the media or forums. Please try to figure out with the band a way to communicate better. After all we?re talking about a rock band. It doesn?t make sense to act like it was the Pentagon or the CIA.

TREMENDOUS post.

OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #196 on: August 03, 2015, 06:23:33 PM »

"Bumblefoot quit last year. I don't understand why he continues to be evasive on his status with the band -- he quit in South America. He told Axl he was done and (Las) Vegas would be his last run with the band."

Couldn't the same be said about the Guns camp?
Why have they been evasive about it for a year?

Does it seem to any one else that they are throwing Ron under the bus?

I disagree.

You guys are all overlooking a significant update.  Fernando gave us the answer to everything we've be looking for right here, in two words.  So next time you convince yourself that you know what GN'R should do, how and when they do it, just remember that TB "disagree".

Is this what baiting looks like?

So you're choosing to believe Ron over GNR? That's fine, but that is what you're doing. The source is certainly implying that Ron wasn't told not to comment on his status. Ron has said he was told not to comment.

Consider the source of that quote is a confirmed source with the band.  It could be a band member who has no idea what Ron and management agreed to.

One of my favorite quotes is "3 hour meeting".  That gets me every time. My favorite poster has to be (magisme), if you or anyone ever wondered.

and thats fine... but a lot of the "negative" points raised by people on here seem to be brushed aside as us just being toxic. What my question to you is... will you be sticking around? taking any of this on board and relaying it back so that in future.. just maybe.. things might be a little better? Its an honest question.. and not baiting.

At the end of the day, we are all here because we love Guns.. and Axl Rose for most of us is our favorite frontman/artist yada yada yada... even the negative whingers...

All we want is a bone thrown to us once in a while... its not to much to expect surely?
mortismurphy
« Reply #197 on: August 03, 2015, 06:47:53 PM »

If he is in the studio, a few online updates from time to time? Most bands post pictures and sometimes have video scrap books. Heck, even before the internet they would let a magazine visit and take a few photographs. How are gnr gaining by repudiating this approach? It is a win win scenario as it closes down speculation and fan negativity while generating future interest for the upcoming release.
What if he's not in the studio and there's no pictures to post ?

I was only selecting recording in the studio to make the point I was trying to make about communication but I see where you are going here and it would be a relevant point if Axl had officially retired but we know there is a wealth of material and some notion that this material will be released at some stage. That is essentially where gnr are (for us): there are Chinese leftovers with some vague notion to release another album. Throw on top of that the recent band defections. It is rather like the band have crashed on us like a computer on that command.
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #198 on: August 03, 2015, 06:49:28 PM »

Whats with the "could of"?

Is it cool to say it like that or just a lack of english skills?
It looks very fucking stupid

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Fernando
The REAL Fernando
Rocker

Adz sucks irl.

« Reply #199 on: August 03, 2015, 07:05:56 PM »

Whats with the "could of"?

Is it cool to say it like that or just a lack of english skills?
It looks very fucking stupid

Que?

Narcissism has a lot to do with selfishness and deep need for adoration, not giving a fuck for others and promoting themselves at the expense of others often publicly.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: