Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:46:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN?R Reps Confirm Ron ?Bumblefoot? Thal Has Left The Band
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN?R Reps Confirm Ron ?Bumblefoot? Thal Has Left The Band  (Read 118533 times)
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #200 on: August 03, 2015, 07:09:13 PM »

If you only have one side of the debate, that side becomes the perception. Ron said his piece about being forced to tour while having crippling back injuries and bullied by certain band members. GNR's reply? A wall of silence.

The alleged bullying was early on in his tenure-and he never was forced to tour with back injuries, it was his choice.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=2302

Well, when I first joined the band, they did not want me in the band. And it's not me - they just didn't want a third guitar player. ?Cause at the time they had worked it out for two guitar players. Then suddenly the old manager at the time hits them up one day, and the tour was, like, two weeks away. He said, ?your new guitar player is coming down?. And they're like, ?what the hell - who the fuck is this??, and I showed up, and they wouldn't even look at me. For that first tour, you know, I was treated like shit. Like absolute shit. They wouldn't really talk to me. If I spoke, they'd roll their eyes and walk out of the room. I was made to feel as unwelcome as possible. Until, finally, I had to get a little violent. And then they started realizing that I'm not gonna leave. They're gonna get hurt.
In what way?
- Physically.
Really?
- Yeah. Then they realized that they couldn't bully me, and that I was gonna fight at a level they weren't prepared for. And then they started loosening up how nasty they were. It was about three years before they would really start warming up and start talking to me. Even about things back then. ?Cause I didn't know why they were so cold to me, and I realized that they would have treated anybody that way. It was a set of circumstances, a lack of communication from the management that was there at the time, that set it up so it was almost like a stranger thrown into a crowded cage.

In late 2011, Thal chose to tour instead of take time off to heal in order "keep Guns N' Roses alive", later stating the decision resulted in him having nerve damage in both arms in addition to chronic pain 'for the rest of [his] life'.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=65518.0

All of that basically makes the exact case I was making. Thanks for positing it.

You are delusional, as well as dreary and toxic. nervous

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #201 on: August 03, 2015, 08:01:48 PM »

Whats with the "could of"?

Is it cool to say it like that or just a lack of english skills?
It looks very fucking stupid

Que?

Jarmo... here is another excellent case for a response that needs a like button.
Fernando
The REAL Fernando
Rocker

Adz sucks irl.

« Reply #202 on: August 03, 2015, 08:12:21 PM »

Que?

Jarmo... here is another excellent case for a response that needs a like button.

Right?  Jarmo lives under a rock.

Narcissism has a lot to do with selfishness and deep need for adoration, not giving a fuck for others and promoting themselves at the expense of others often publicly.
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #203 on: August 03, 2015, 08:32:07 PM »

Ooh wow a fernando! I've never spotted one of them in the wild before!  Wink

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
mortismurphy
« Reply #204 on: August 03, 2015, 09:19:36 PM »

Bit unfair really. His English skills are certainly a lot better than my Portuguese skills.
mortismurphy
« Reply #205 on: August 03, 2015, 09:22:12 PM »

If you only have one side of the debate, that side becomes the perception. Ron said his piece about being forced to tour while having crippling back injuries and bullied by certain band members. GNR's reply? A wall of silence.

The alleged bullying was early on in his tenure-and he never was forced to tour with back injuries, it was his choice.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=2302

Well, when I first joined the band, they did not want me in the band. And it's not me - they just didn't want a third guitar player. ?Cause at the time they had worked it out for two guitar players. Then suddenly the old manager at the time hits them up one day, and the tour was, like, two weeks away. He said, ?your new guitar player is coming down?. And they're like, ?what the hell - who the fuck is this??, and I showed up, and they wouldn't even look at me. For that first tour, you know, I was treated like shit. Like absolute shit. They wouldn't really talk to me. If I spoke, they'd roll their eyes and walk out of the room. I was made to feel as unwelcome as possible. Until, finally, I had to get a little violent. And then they started realizing that I'm not gonna leave. They're gonna get hurt.
In what way?
- Physically.
Really?
- Yeah. Then they realized that they couldn't bully me, and that I was gonna fight at a level they weren't prepared for. And then they started loosening up how nasty they were. It was about three years before they would really start warming up and start talking to me. Even about things back then. ?Cause I didn't know why they were so cold to me, and I realized that they would have treated anybody that way. It was a set of circumstances, a lack of communication from the management that was there at the time, that set it up so it was almost like a stranger thrown into a crowded cage.

In late 2011, Thal chose to tour instead of take time off to heal in order "keep Guns N' Roses alive", later stating the decision resulted in him having nerve damage in both arms in addition to chronic pain 'for the rest of [his] life'.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=65518.0

All of that basically makes the exact case I was making. Thanks for positing it.

You are delusional, as well as dreary and toxic. nervous

You forgot ''with self entitlement issues'?
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #206 on: August 03, 2015, 09:23:41 PM »

Bit unfair really. His English skills are certainly a lot better than my Portuguese skills.

Yep.

Totally out of line comment there.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Siamese Democracy
Rocker

« Reply #207 on: August 03, 2015, 10:41:04 PM »

Fernando!  Can you tell Axl my son Jim says hello?   We are very excited to see you.  My son Jim loves the band but he is very upset about Bumblefoot.  I think he liked Ron Thal the best because of the nickname but he loved him and looked up to him. 
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #208 on: August 03, 2015, 11:28:59 PM »

Fernando - serious question...when you're at sound check, does Frank ask if you can hear the drums?

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Fernando
The REAL Fernando
Rocker

Adz sucks irl.

« Reply #209 on: August 03, 2015, 11:38:29 PM »

Fernando - serious question...when you're at sound check, does Frank ask if you can hear the drums?

Ha, fuck no. 

Narcissism has a lot to do with selfishness and deep need for adoration, not giving a fuck for others and promoting themselves at the expense of others often publicly.
Fernando
The REAL Fernando
Rocker

Adz sucks irl.

« Reply #210 on: August 03, 2015, 11:38:57 PM »

Fernando!  Can you tell Axl my son Jim says hello?   We are very excited to see you.  My son Jim loves the band but he is very upset about Bumblefoot.  I think he liked Ron Thal the best because of the nickname but he loved him and looked up to him. 

Consider it done.

Classic Case
Rocker

I know that I'm a classic case

« Reply #211 on: August 03, 2015, 11:52:59 PM »

Consider it done.

Fernando, can u tell Axl to come talk to us? would make us all happy Cheesy 
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #212 on: August 04, 2015, 12:13:08 AM »

Fernando, d? um pedala robinho no axl e fala pra ele agilizar as paradas logo vai, a galera ta meio puta aqui hahahah  hihi peace

Fernando
The REAL Fernando
Rocker

Adz sucks irl.

« Reply #213 on: August 04, 2015, 01:40:19 AM »

Fernando, d? um pedala robinho no axl e fala pra ele agilizar as paradas logo vai, a galera ta meio puta aqui hahahah  hihi peace

kkkkk

raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #214 on: August 04, 2015, 02:32:28 AM »

Hopefully the summer is going well and no canyon fires break out.
Princess Leia
« Reply #215 on: August 04, 2015, 07:51:01 AM »

All we ask is some update from time to time. It doesn?t have to be any huge announcement.

I give you an example. If yesterday Axl was in the studio recording. Is it too impossible to post a picture of him in the GN?R official Facebook or twitter? Believe me something so simple as that can change the negative mood around forums

I don?t see anything wrong with posting that kind of update. If there is something wrong. Could you please explain what the problem is?

I would say that the top secret policy doesn?t work. One way or another something leaks to the media or forums. Please try to figure out with the band a way to communicate better. After all we?re talking about a rock band. It doesn?t make sense to act like it was the Pentagon or the CIA.

TREMENDOUS post.

Nah! I just expressed what I and a lot of fans have been saying many times.

Tremendous is when also a year ago in Fernando?s native soil the whole world saw a 7 to 1 score. The day earth stop turning, history was made. An event only compare to the apocalypse.  And Fernando didn?t issue a statement about that!!! I keep wondering if Fernando is a member of some group therapy with the others... The Messi boys

hihi  Grin
mortismurphy
« Reply #216 on: August 04, 2015, 09:00:41 AM »

All we ask is some update from time to time. It doesn?t have to be any huge announcement.

I give you an example. If yesterday Axl was in the studio recording. Is it too impossible to post a picture of him in the GN?R official Facebook or twitter? Believe me something so simple as that can change the negative mood around forums

I don?t see anything wrong with posting that kind of update. If there is something wrong. Could you please explain what the problem is?

I would say that the top secret policy doesn?t work. One way or another something leaks to the media or forums. Please try to figure out with the band a way to communicate better. After all we?re talking about a rock band. It doesn?t make sense to act like it was the Pentagon or the CIA.

TREMENDOUS post.

Nah! I just expressed what I and a lot of fans have been saying many times.

Tremendous is when also a year ago in Fernando?s native soil the whole world saw a 7 to 1 score. The day earth stop turning, history was made. An event only compare to the apocalypse.  And Fernando didn?t issue a statement about that!!! I keep wondering if Fernando is a member of some group therapy with the others... The Messi boys

hihi  Grin

I remember that well. I went into the kitchen for a beer and came back and three goals had been scored!
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #217 on: August 04, 2015, 10:33:18 AM »

Well... GNR WorkWorkWork For The Future /// New Guitar x 2 // New Music // Etc

smoking

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Erick
Headliner

« Reply #218 on: August 04, 2015, 11:36:49 AM »

kkkkk

kkkkkkkk.......

N?o tem como traduzir esta piada para ingl?s...mas no Brasil dizem que torcedor do Santos hoje em dia ? igual F? do Roberto Carlos ( Rei da musica popular Brasileira) , n?o nasce mais s? est?o morrendo kk
Fernando
The REAL Fernando
Rocker

Adz sucks irl.

« Reply #219 on: August 04, 2015, 01:54:16 PM »

Consider the source of that quote is a "confirmed source with the band".  It could be a band member who has no idea what Ron and management agreed to.

I think people are making this more complicated than it needs to be. He's out. Does it really matter who announced it or when it was announced? There aren't any shows or releases on the horizon that we know of. When that time comes, we'll find out who's actually in the band. I wouldn't expect to find out today, next week, or next month. If we do, great, but I wouldn't count on it.

I agree.  There will always be the could of done better, should of done it this way, should of done it that way.  Things could of been handled differently, however they weren't and here we are.  I know it isn't ideal, and what's not ideal; gets turned into whatever one's perception of the situation is and then the forums flourish with discussions.

Some of the points made on this Forum or others are read and even the most negative ones help in some way.  I do apologize if updates aren't as frequently as you would like them to be.  But it doesn't mean that there isn't one, just maybe, only maybe that update isn't ready to be made. 

The point I was trying to make was...to some of the criticism regarding the remark "I don't understand why he continues to be evasive on his status with the band", TB was accused of throwing Ron under the bus etc.  I don't think they are the ones quoted in the article.  It just says "a confirmed source with the band".

No, it doesn't matter who announced it unless that person is being criticized for what they said.  To be fair.

@Fernando.  Appreciate the post, and a little information goes a long way here.  Hopefully we get some good news, any news soon.

I know all too much about information going a long way.  Especially when nothing has been given,  apologies.  Do expect some news from GNR and what we are working on in a few months.  All I can really say.  Though, it says nothing; but hopefully it's something.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: