Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:25:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN?R Reps Confirm Ron ?Bumblefoot? Thal Has Left The Band
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN?R Reps Confirm Ron ?Bumblefoot? Thal Has Left The Band  (Read 118492 times)
ROSE
VIP

Nice boys Dont Play Rock N Roll!!!!!!

« Reply #220 on: August 04, 2015, 02:04:44 PM »

Album???
Tour?Huh

Why has everything with Guns N' Roses have to be so secret?? Not your fault Fernando I know.

But why not issue some sort of facebook / twitter statement saying what is going on and stop all these numerous debates as to what is happening.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 02:06:19 PM by ROSE » Logged
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #221 on: August 04, 2015, 02:08:29 PM »

At least we know they are working on something..... Grin...better something than nothing.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #222 on: August 04, 2015, 02:09:27 PM »

and the debaters are going to debate no matter what is said by the band.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #223 on: August 04, 2015, 02:17:45 PM »

Consider the source of that quote is a "confirmed source with the band".  It could be a band member who has no idea what Ron and management agreed to.

I think people are making this more complicated than it needs to be. He's out. Does it really matter who announced it or when it was announced? There aren't any shows or releases on the horizon that we know of. When that time comes, we'll find out who's actually in the band. I wouldn't expect to find out today, next week, or next month. If we do, great, but I wouldn't count on it.

I agree.  There will always be the could of done better, should of done it this way, should of done it that way.  Things could of been handled differently, however they weren't and here we are.  I know it isn't ideal, and what's not ideal; gets turned into whatever one's perception of the situation is and then the forums flourish with discussions.

Some of the points made on this Forum or others are read and even the most negative ones help in some way.  I do apologize if updates aren't as frequently as you would like them to be.  But it doesn't mean that there isn't one, just maybe, only maybe that update isn't ready to be made. 

The point I was trying to make was...to some of the criticism regarding the remark "I don't understand why he continues to be evasive on his status with the band", TB was accused of throwing Ron under the bus etc.  I don't think they are the ones quoted in the article.  It just says "a confirmed source with the band".

No, it doesn't matter who announced it unless that person is being criticized for what they said.  To be fair.

@Fernando.  Appreciate the post, and a little information goes a long way here.  Hopefully we get some good news, any news soon.

I know all too much about information going a long way.  Especially when nothing has been given,  apologies.  Do expect some news from GNR and what we are working on in a few months.  All I can really say.  Though, it says nothing; but hopefully it's something.

Sounds like new music might just be a possibility.  Fingers crossed!
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #224 on: August 04, 2015, 02:22:00 PM »

Album???
Tour?Huh

Why has everything with Guns N' Roses have to be so secret?? Not your fault Fernando I know.

But why not issue some sort of facebook / twitter statement saying what is going on and stop all these numerous debates as to what is happening.

Why ?

Why This Is Guns N' Roses World

smoking

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #225 on: August 04, 2015, 02:23:25 PM »

If the news is an album, I would imagine that a tour is also in the works.
ROSE
VIP

« Reply #226 on: August 04, 2015, 02:29:17 PM »

Album???
Tour?Huh

Why ?

smoking

Yeah, welcome to Guns N' Roses World, where fans never know whats going on. Nothing new I guess its always been the same.
ROSE
VIP

« Reply #227 on: August 04, 2015, 02:30:41 PM »

If the news is an album, I would imagine that a tour is also in the works.

Hopefully both. ok
ROSE
VIP

« Reply #228 on: August 04, 2015, 02:31:54 PM »

At least we know they are working on something..... Grin...better something than nothing.

Something is as good as nothing until we know what the something is??? confused
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #229 on: August 04, 2015, 02:32:17 PM »

Album???
Tour?Huh

Why ?

smoking

Yeah, welcome to Guns N' Roses World, where fans never know whats going on. Nothing new I guess its always been the same.

4EverEver

ok

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #230 on: August 04, 2015, 02:32:52 PM »

Fernando, if you can get Axl to drop Chinese 2 (insert title here) you'll see a lot of people forgiving/forgetting the lack of news & communication.  At the end of the day, we're all fans who are chomping at the bit for the next album. If TB can negotiate an album release, they've done their job and then some in my opinion.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #231 on: August 04, 2015, 03:44:14 PM »

Fernando, if you can get Axl to drop Chinese 2 (insert title here) you'll see a lot of people forgiving/forgetting the lack of news & communication.  At the end of the day, we're all fans who are chomping at the bit for the next album. If TB can negotiate an album release, they've done their job and then some in my opinion.

I agree.

Which is why I reject the "people will always bitch" routine.  Even taken to the absurd extreme that if we got a new album, we'd immediately start asking about the next one.

Total bullshit.  If we had a new album, it would dominate the boards.

Its the long stretches of silence that lead to the toxic entitlement posts from know it all insider ingrate fake fans, is it not?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #232 on: August 04, 2015, 04:00:17 PM »

I agree.

Which is why I reject the "people will always bitch" routine.  Even taken to the absurd extreme that if we got a new album, we'd immediately start asking about the next one.

Total bullshit.  If we had a new album, it would dominate the boards.

Its the long stretches of silence that lead to the toxic entitlement posts from know it all insider ingrate fake fans, is it not?

I agree.

I think GNR has some of the most loyal fans in the world. They are not the most fan friendly of bands in terms of PR (granted they make up for it in their live performances), yet their fans flock to the message boards daily to see if their is anything new regarding their favorite band.

I've never gotten the mentality of pissing on fans for wanting more though. Isn't that what it's all about? There's a saying in show business "Always leave them wanting more." I guess that doesn't apply to some posters on this site who view fans who are interested in seeing more as demanders and whiners.

That's just me though. Demand is a good thing though. Shows that fans are still interested.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #233 on: August 04, 2015, 04:08:00 PM »

Simplified, yes demand is good.

Did you ever come across a person who started getting on your nerves because he/she just couldn't stop asking for something or other?
But hey, that's not bad or anything, it just means they are interested.... Wink

There's the issue. Interest and demand is great. It's just such a shame that the certain people choose to show this interest in a particular, not positive, way.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #234 on: August 04, 2015, 04:08:42 PM »

I am sad that Bumble leaving finally is official. On The other hand that means more solo stuff from him, and that's good too. Some of the charm with so many ex-members,  is that many of them make quality music on their own. Guns have divided into a whole network of genius fractions giving us highly valuable art. Just think if they could create a festival together.  Guns and ex-gunners in various bands a whole weekend,  of course with Gn'R as headliners.  

All in all it's positive with an official statement,  and great that TB/Fernando taking the time to write here, and confirming there is activity.

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
EvilSmurf
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #235 on: August 04, 2015, 04:11:49 PM »

Axl should leave a cryptic message on gnr.com announcing the return of some "old, very familar faces", getting the whole world super pumped up, and then end up having a reunion with Paul Huge, Buckethead, and Robin Finck.
reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #236 on: August 04, 2015, 04:19:20 PM »

Axl should leave a cryptic message on gnr.com announcing the return of some "old, very familar faces", getting the whole world super pumped up, and then end up having a reunion with Paul Huge, Buckethead, and Robin Finck.

Yes, I'm not sure how well that would go...
Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #237 on: August 04, 2015, 04:19:44 PM »

Simplified, yes demand is good.

Did you ever come across a person who started getting on your nerves because he/she just couldn't stop asking for something or other?
But hey, that's not bad or anything, it just means they are interested.... Wink

There's the issue. Interest and demand is great. It's just such a shame that the certain people choose to show this interest in a particular, not positive, way.

/jarmo

I get your point...but I've never really seen anyone be blatantly disrespectful (on this board at least) to the band. The fact that this band does very little in terms of PR allows for people to speculate. Every time there's a lull in terms of touring the reunionists start up with there usual speculation. PR wise the band does nothing to squash any of this talk. Social media when used correctly can be a very useful way for bands to stay in touch with their fans.

I've never really gotten the who mindset of I'll be a fan of whatever they do. How can someone possibly say that? To be a true fan do you have to love every move that they make? Like everything they put out?

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #238 on: August 04, 2015, 04:30:17 PM »

I'm Happy Whit GNR World

beer

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #239 on: August 04, 2015, 04:32:26 PM »

I've never gotten the mentality of pissing on fans for wanting more though. Isn't that what it's all about? There's a saying in show business "Always leave them wanting more." I guess that doesn't apply to some posters on this site who view fans who are interested in seeing more as demanders and whiners.

I see it as a coping mechanism.

Since you can't put near enough lipstick on the pig that is this band's absurd bouts of prolonged inactivity, we then criminalize the question.

Only "real fans" are patient.  Only "real fans" don't ask inconvenient questions.  Only "real fans" don't want updates as to what their favorite band is up to.

Segments of our fanbase criminalize anything that sheds an uncomfortable light in any direction, so we then spend out time talking about the fans themselves and not the actual topic that started it all : what is this band doing?

Its Deflection 101.  And about as logical as believing in shape shifting races of alien lizard people.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: