Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:49:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN?R Reps Confirm Ron ?Bumblefoot? Thal Has Left The Band
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN?R Reps Confirm Ron ?Bumblefoot? Thal Has Left The Band  (Read 118485 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #260 on: August 05, 2015, 07:27:11 AM »

That merely brings up the question on how anyone can possibly interpret two band defections in a smallish space of time and one gigantic lack of new material, which does not seem to be rectifying itself anytime soon, in a 'positive way' - granted some people here were 'excited' by Ashba's announcement which makes me wonder whether all sanity and reasoning has completely vanished from the Guns N' Roses fanbase.

As an outsider, is that how you feel?
It's been established already that you're not really part of the fanbase.  hihi

Anyway, some people see change as progress.

Others think of it as bad, no matter what it is. Because, for someone like you, anything relating to GN'R is bad by default and you really have to force yourself to see something GN'R related as good. We know this much. Smiley

For me, I'd take one amazing album over ten bad ones any day.

I agree with this.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #261 on: August 05, 2015, 08:02:49 AM »

I'm taking a wait n see approach to these "changes".

I have no personal attachment to anybody involved in this production other than Axl, so whether or not both lead guitar players quit, the bassist, the drummer whoever, I won't lost any sleep.

However, I don't view both guitar players basically saying enough is enough as a positive in any way, but if they left because they are not part of the upcoming release by Axl... then hip hip hooray that they are gone!

So like I said... "wait n see" is about all we can do at the moment. (granted, we all know way too much about wait n see with Axl)

Even though Fernando is not really authorized or in the position to say much of anything, I appreciate as a fan following Axl, him stopping by and at least trying to ease any concerns people here have.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 08:08:58 AM by JAEBALL » Logged

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #262 on: August 05, 2015, 08:04:09 AM »

AND...

if anybody of importance is reading this.... no new touring guitarists please!

Robin or Bust !  Cheesy

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #263 on: August 05, 2015, 08:07:13 AM »

That merely brings up the question on how anyone can possibly interpret two band defections in a smallish space of time and one gigantic lack of new material, which does not seem to be rectifying itself anytime soon, in a 'positive way' - granted some people here were 'excited' by Ashba's announcement which makes me wonder whether all sanity and reasoning has completely vanished from the Guns N' Roses fanbase.

Two words:  Blind faith.
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #264 on: August 05, 2015, 08:14:23 AM »

Like ive said(written) many times before.

GN'R has always done things the GN'R way, and so far the end product (albums, gigs) have been better than great, so im just waiting to see what happens next, no need to rush a release, no need to do webisodes every week or whatever.

I think they know what to do.

Anyway im kinda bummed that Bumblefoot is truly gone, he will be hard to replace, all the fretless stuff ect.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #265 on: August 05, 2015, 08:17:21 AM »

Two words: Track record.

Every new thing, every new member, has brought something new to the mix which has kept GN'R evolving. Some hate it, others don't.

I haven't been disappointed with GN'R. Never.
So yeah, I have faith in these events being handled and then something will come out of it. As I said, track record.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #266 on: August 05, 2015, 08:19:01 AM »

Every new thing, every new member, has brought something new to the mix which has kept GN'R evolving. Some hate it, others don't.

So yeah, I have faith in these events being handled and then something will come out of it. As I said, track record.

/jarmo

Exactly.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #267 on: August 05, 2015, 08:43:21 AM »

I get your point...but I've never really seen anyone be blatantly disrespectful (on this board at least) to the band. The fact that this band does very little in terms of PR allows for people to speculate. Every time there's a lull in terms of touring the reunionists start up with there usual speculation. PR wise the band does nothing to squash any of this talk. Social media when used correctly can be a very useful way for bands to stay in touch with their fans.

I've never really gotten the who mindset of I'll be a fan of whatever they do. How can someone possibly say that? To be a true fan do you have to love every move that they make? Like everything they put out?

It's like Skydog pointed out, certain people see most things in a negative way. Or just choose to focus on that.

And I've never understood the "I'll support my alleged favorite band online if this and that, and that, changes more to my liking, but until then I'll remain negative" mindset. Smiley

/jarmo

I guess we disagree on the latter point. I think that the fact that people come to message boards on fan sites to look for news about their favorite bands shows their support. I don't think that the majority of people (except the few trolls) who question certain methods are not supporting the band. Then again I don't view questioning things as negative. It's what we do as humans. I think the fact that they aren't more vocal PR wise only adds to people coming to these sites and speculating on what's going on with the band.  

I kind of found it weird that they didn't even acknowledge the departure of DJ Ashba. Even a message thanking him for his services and contributions would have gone far PR wise.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #268 on: August 05, 2015, 08:43:01 AM »

I guess we disagree on the latter point. I think that the fact that people come to message boards on fan sites to look for news about their favorite bands shows their support. I don't think that the majority of people (except the few trolls) who question certain methods are not supporting the band. Then again I don't view questioning things as negative. It's what we do as humans. I think the fact that they aren't more vocal PR wise only adds to people coming to these sites and speculating on what's going on with the band.  

I kind of found it weird that they didn't even acknowledge the departure of DJ Ashba. Even a message thanking him for his services and contributions would have gone far PR wise.

In a way, yes. In another way, no.

It shows they have some kind of interest enough to spend time talking about it.

Is it all good? No.

But then again, there's other ways to support the band. Like buying the records, tickets and so on. A lot of real fans don't take part on these fan sites, but they support the band. Smiley

/jarmo

mortismurphy
« Reply #269 on: August 05, 2015, 09:03:50 AM »

As an outsider, is that how you feel?
It's been established already that you're not really part of the fanbase.  hihi

If belonging to that fanbase requires the abandoning of all objective faculties and reasoning to a ''puppy dog tails and bunny rabbits'' na na land fantasy, I'm rather pleased to not belong to that fanbase.

Anyway, some people see change as progress.

I do not see how anyone can believe the endless band member defections as anything but a bad thing. They firstly led to the demise of arguably the last great rock n' roll band. It secondly tore apart the 1999-2002 line-ups which were bands loaded with 'potential' talent. Any momentum in the new gnr era has swiftly unraveled as a consequence of band members leaving. I cannot see subsequent line ups as a symbol of 'progress', more a patching together, making the best of a bad thing. 

Others think of it as bad, no matter what it is. Because, for someone like you, anything relating to GN'R is bad by default and you really have to force yourself to see something GN'R related as good. We know this much. Smiley

In my defense, you have never seen me operate under a situation in which new albums are released.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #270 on: August 05, 2015, 09:06:52 AM »

Thanks Fernando for giving us what little updates you are allowed to.  It is much appreciated, and keeps the hope alive that there are still great things to come.  The crazy part is that we know that new music exists?and has for awhile?yet, for whatever reason, it can?t/won?t get released.  Mr. Blue has probably heard it all, too.  That lucky dog!

I have to agree.  It's appreciated.

And, as we always seem to find ourselves saying at times like this, look how much people perk up when we are just given even a little nugget.  It never hurts.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ow-So7411501
Rocker

« Reply #271 on: August 05, 2015, 10:15:08 AM »

/jarmo

Depends on how you look at it though. I don't think that BBF or DJ ever got a chance to bring something new into the mix. Unless you count what they brought to the live show experience in which they were great. So they haven't really evolved musically since CD came out. Was it an evolution from UYI to CD? Yes and no. It wasn't the same band. Totally new members with the exception of Axl. So in essence I always viewed it as Axl evolving.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #272 on: August 05, 2015, 11:09:46 AM »

I find it impossible to consider DJ or Ron as official members of the band.

They never brought one thing to the table creatively that was released under the GNR banner.  Or weren't allowed, take your pick.  But either way, they made zero mark or any meaningful contribution to the legacy by which the band Guns N' Roses will be judged.

They played on some songs other people came up with for Axl Rose to sing live.  If they are big time members, so was Teddy Zig-Zag.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
mortismurphy
« Reply #273 on: August 05, 2015, 11:19:25 AM »

If DJ/BF's recruitment represented 'progress' in some way, presumably there would have been some creative surge of recording and writing. The reality is we are still dealing with a situation in which the majority of Axl's creative backlog consists of material recorded over ten years ago, written and recorded by Buckethead and Robin.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #274 on: August 05, 2015, 11:33:00 AM »

It shows Axl was inspired, at least once upon a time.

He just obviously never saw that potential in DJ or Ron.  And if he didn't, why should we?

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #275 on: August 05, 2015, 11:39:25 AM »

They never brought one thing to the table creatively that was released under the GNR banner.  Or weren't allowed, take your pick.  But either way, they made zero mark or any meaningful contribution to the legacy by which the band Guns N' Roses will be judged.

They played on some songs other people came up with for Axl Rose to sing live.  If they are big time members, so was Teddy Zig-Zag.

Just one niggling, nitpick:

Appetite for Democracy was definitely released under the GnR banner.

There were also a TV broadcast or two that featured them, definitely done under the GnR banner.

I know, I know...you're going to fall back on the "creatively" piece of the sentence, above..but I think playing live is "creative" in the sense that it's very much performance art.

And yes, as I acknowledged, it's a nitpick.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #276 on: August 05, 2015, 11:42:12 AM »

It shows Axl was inspired, at least once upon a time.

He just obviously never saw that potential in DJ or Ron.  And if he didn't, why should we?

I know we keep assuming that what's "out there" is JUST CD2, circa 10 years ago.

But...are we so sure that's a safe assumption anymore?  That that's ALL the material they have?  And, even considering, that one or both of these players haven't contributed "improvements" to that material?

I mean...we don't really KNOW, do we?  Even the most recent discussions have been vague in terms of what the material they're considering for release actually is. Right?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 11:45:39 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
mortismurphy
« Reply #277 on: August 05, 2015, 11:47:04 AM »

Reading hundreds of their interviews, I've never gotten the impression of any serious attempts at recording or writing. I suppose the last were when Bumblefoot added his overdubs.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #278 on: August 05, 2015, 11:52:20 AM »

Just one niggling, nitpick:

Appetite for Democracy was definitely released under the GnR banner.

There were also a TV broadcast or two that featured them, definitely done under the GnR banner.

I know, I know...you're going to fall back on the "creatively" piece of the sentence, above..but I think playing live is "creative" in the sense that it's very much performance art.

And yes, as I acknowledged, it's a nitpick.

A *shameless* nitpick, good sir. 

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #279 on: August 05, 2015, 11:52:34 AM »

If belonging to that fanbase requires the abandoning of all objective faculties and reasoning to a ''puppy dog tails and bunny rabbits'' na na land fantasy, I'm rather pleased to not belong to that fanbase.

Yes we know, you wear it like some badge of honor.  hihi

What you mean is: If belonging to a fanbase means I'd have to start looking at things in a bit more positive light rather than moan about everything, then I'm pleased to not belong to that group.

I do not see how anyone can believe the endless band member defections as anything but a bad thing. They firstly led to the demise of arguably the last great rock n' roll band. It secondly tore apart the 1999-2002 line-ups which were bands loaded with 'potential' talent. Any momentum in the new gnr era has swiftly unraveled as a consequence of band members leaving. I cannot see subsequent line ups as a symbol of 'progress', more a patching together, making the best of a bad thing. 

Well, maybe it took Steven being fired for the band to be able to record two albums at once? I mean, is that a result from the situation with the previous drummer? Did it have an effect on the output?
If so, then you might say something good came out of Steven being out of the band.

It's just a hypothetical question, I don't know if that is the case or anything.

Just giving you an example of how something look horrible to you, as usual, but if you use a little bit of free thinking, you can see something else.

In my defense, you have never seen me operate under a situation in which new albums are released.

Correct. I'd be shocked if one album had such an effect on you.
And if it does, what does it say about you?  Cheesy

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: