Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:57:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN?R Reps Confirm Ron ?Bumblefoot? Thal Has Left The Band
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN?R Reps Confirm Ron ?Bumblefoot? Thal Has Left The Band  (Read 118512 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #280 on: August 05, 2015, 11:53:33 AM »

It shows Axl was inspired, at least once upon a time.

He just obviously never saw that potential in DJ or Ron.  And if he didn't, why should we?

I know we keep assuming that what's "out there" is JUST CD2, circa 10 years ago.

But...are we so sure that's a safe assumption anymore?  That that's ALL the material they have?  And, even considering, that one or both of these players haven't contributed "improvements" to that material?

I mean...we don't really KNOW, do we?  Even the most recent discussions have been vague in terms of what the material they're considering for release actually is. Right?

I think we know.  Deep down, we know. 

But for whatever reason, we look for devil's advocate positions that argue against all good sense.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #281 on: August 05, 2015, 12:07:11 PM »

I think we know.  Deep down, we know. 

But for whatever reason, we look for devil's advocate positions that argue against all good sense.

I'm actually not trying to argue either one. Not vociferously, anyway.  It's just something that's been rattling around, lately.

I'm just saying I'm not sure that we're not sure. Not really.

I mean, in Oct '14, DJ was saying they'd written a TON of music, but hadn't gotten a chance to record a lot of it.  And that Axl had 2 albums worth of recorded stuff that "might" make it on the new album..and he hoped he got a chance to put some of his touches on that material, too.

There's lots of little stuff like that, that's floated around.  That's just the one that floats to the top, first.

I don't know how much of that's been going on for the past...oh...decade.   With potentially sporadic trips to the studio, or track exchanging.

I'm not saying it's gospel that there's other material ready to go.  I'm asking...are we more sure than not that ONLY the CD2 stuff is what's ready to roll out.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #282 on: August 05, 2015, 12:15:36 PM »

If I had to bet an amount of money that was important to me, it would not be that if another album ever comes out, its going to contain much of anything written or recorded post 5/12/2006.

An overdub here or there done after that date?  Sure.  Anything substantive?  No.

In other words, DJ and Ron ultimately moved on without making any real mark on the GNRverse.  Save perhaps being a trivia answer to stump someone at a bar.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #283 on: August 05, 2015, 12:24:38 PM »

The other thing that is a possibility is that while we have heard from Ron and DJ that seem to have been removed a bit from the creative process, that doesn't mean the creative process stopped. I know it is not all exactly proven fact but if you read the Chinese Whispers site, there were points where Axl had a shadow lineup in the background just working on new material. It's possible that operating model continues. After all they were in the studio at some point recently (Axl's picture of the spectre above the mixing board).
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #284 on: August 05, 2015, 12:26:48 PM »

Ron played on almost every CD track....DJ isn't on any tracks that we know of

Big diffeence between Ron and DJ at this point.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #285 on: August 05, 2015, 12:28:59 PM »

- The sound of GNR going forward will lean more against Chinese than the old sound.

Frank

Pd. Style ASHBA Out Here

smoking

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
mortismurphy
« Reply #286 on: August 05, 2015, 12:32:11 PM »

If belonging to that fanbase requires the abandoning of all objective faculties and reasoning to a ''puppy dog tails and bunny rabbits'' na na land fantasy, I'm rather pleased to not belong to that fanbase.

Yes we know, you wear it like some badge of honor.  hihi

What you mean is: If belonging to a fanbase means I'd have to start looking at things in a bit more positive light rather than moan about everything, then I'm pleased to not belong to that group.

See, this is the difference between us. I do not constantly analyse my posting output in accordance with some positive-negative barometer. To me I'm neither being positive nor negative. I'm being objective and honest.

Well, maybe it took Steven being fired for the band to be able to record two albums at once? I mean, is that a result from the situation with the previous drummer? Did it have an effect on the output?
If so, then you might say something good came out of Steven being out of the band.

Well it meant work could resume on Illusions which had been in limbo because of Adler's issues but many regretted the loss of Steven's style including Izzy and segments of the fanbase. Guns tried everything to resolve the issue up to the point of sacking which was a last resort. It is a circular argument really. I cannot really call it 'progress' though. It was more about 'necessity'. It could only be labelled 'progress' if Steven's sacking pertained to stylistic reasons.

In my defense, you have never seen me operate under a situation in which new albums are released.

Correct. I'd be shocked if one album had such an effect on you.
And if it does, what does it say about you?  Cheesy

It would say that I see albums as inherent to being a legitimate fully-functioning band! Sorry but I've never been interested in strictly 'golden oldies' acts.

I would go through the same process of any album I have been excited for. The initial excitement stage followed by the early listening period followed by some degree of analyse. If it stinks I will label it as a 'stinker'. If it is a masterpiece then I will label it so. Most albums fall in between those two extremities.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #287 on: August 05, 2015, 12:37:33 PM »

Ron played on almost every CD track....DJ isn't on any tracks that we know of

Big diffeence between Ron and DJ at this point.

And Teddy Andreas played on a number of UYI tracks. It doesn't mean he 'added' anything to them. What we don't know is if either of them contributed to the follow up in anyway.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #288 on: August 05, 2015, 12:41:48 PM »

Ron added multiple solos and riffs to a bunch of songs.....read the liner notes. He also said he played on a lot of unreleased material s well. Atlas Shrugged being just one...he is definitely on Going Down as well. DJ likely is on zilch.

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #289 on: August 05, 2015, 12:43:10 PM »

please show me which UYI tracks Zig Zag played on? hihi

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #290 on: August 05, 2015, 12:47:46 PM »

Just live, as far as I can recall.

Isn't that Mike Monroe doing the harmonica on 'Bad Obsession' on the album?

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #291 on: August 05, 2015, 12:50:55 PM »

Zig Zag played on nada....yes to Monroe.

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #292 on: August 05, 2015, 01:27:31 PM »

Just live, as far as I can recall.

Isn't that Mike Monroe doing the harmonica on 'Bad Obsession' on the album?

I may have screwed that up from memory, but I could have sworn he has a credit or two on the album, which is why he was pulled for the live shows. This wouldn't be my first creative remembering in history.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #293 on: August 05, 2015, 01:28:19 PM »

See, this is the difference between us. I do not constantly analyse my posting output in accordance with some positive-negative barometer. To me I'm neither being positive nor negative. I'm being objective and honest.

Your so called honesty is a result of your wish to appear objective. Is it honest when your "goal" is to appear objective? Not really.
I'm glad you have such high thoughts about yourself though. But I'd let others describe you instead of using that kind of words about yourself in public. But that's just me.

Well it meant work could resume on Illusions which had been in limbo because of Adler's issues but many regretted the loss of Steven's style including Izzy and segments of the fanbase. Guns tried everything to resolve the issue up to the point of sacking which was a last resort. It is a circular argument really. I cannot really call it 'progress' though. It was more about 'necessity'. It could only be labelled 'progress' if Steven's sacking pertained to stylistic reasons.

So, you're now saying something good came out of a bad event?  Shocked

It would say that I see albums as inherent to being a legitimate fully-functioning band! Sorry but I've never been interested in strictly 'golden oldies' acts.

This coming from an AC/DC fan.... I'm sure somebody can see the humor in it. Cheesy

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #294 on: August 05, 2015, 01:36:41 PM »

I may have screwed that up from memory, but I could have sworn he has a credit or two on the album, which is why he was pulled for the live shows. This wouldn't be my first creative remembering in history.

Hahaha.  We've all done it.

I had never heard of the guy.  Before, or since, really. 

Anyone know the connection that got him the gig?

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #295 on: August 05, 2015, 01:39:12 PM »

Your so called honesty is a result of your wish to appear objective.

How do you think you appear?  I'm curious. 

I wouldn't go as far as to call you dishonest, because that implies malice, which I do not see.  But you aren't the least bit objective.

Is that how you see yourself though?

I would think a fairer description would be to label you an advocate.  Would you have a problem with that label?

mortismurphy
« Reply #296 on: August 05, 2015, 01:40:40 PM »

Your so called honesty is a result of your wish to appear objective. Is it honest when your "goal" is to appear objective? Not really.
I'm glad you have such high thoughts about yourself though. But I'd let others describe you instead of using that kind of words about yourself in public. But that's just me.

This coming from an AC/DC fan.... I'm sure somebody can see the humor in it. Cheesy

/jarmo

AC/DC put out albums. The last twenty years they have put out four albums to Axl's measly one.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #297 on: August 05, 2015, 01:45:42 PM »

/jarmo

AC/DC put out albums. The last twenty years they have put out four albums to Axl's measly one.

GNR Is Unique & Special

smoking

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #298 on: August 05, 2015, 01:50:03 PM »

GNR Is Unique & Special

You don't find that a lazy argument and/or excuse?

Is there a situation where you can't just throw that out there to try and deflect and explain away something inconvenient?

In other words, in your opinion, is there a situation where someone could throw that out there and you would sort of shake it off and say it doesn't really address the question?

Or is it always a winner?

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #299 on: August 05, 2015, 02:23:50 PM »

How do you think you appear?  I'm curious. 

Loyal maybe?

And whatever else label you wanna put on somebody who's ran a GN'R fan site for almost 19 years....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: