Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:26:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN?R Reps Confirm Ron ?Bumblefoot? Thal Has Left The Band
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN?R Reps Confirm Ron ?Bumblefoot? Thal Has Left The Band  (Read 118574 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #300 on: August 05, 2015, 02:24:56 PM »

AC/DC put out albums. The last twenty years they have put out four albums to Axl's measly one.

Yeah, they do. But you said golden oldies.
Why do people go see them live?
It's not exactly because of Black Ice or whatever... Hint: Golden oldies.

Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mortismurphy
« Reply #301 on: August 05, 2015, 02:28:22 PM »

AC/DC put out albums. The last twenty years they have put out four albums to Axl's measly one.

Yeah, they do. But you said golden oldies.
Why do people go see them live?
It's not exactly because of Black Ice or whatever... Hint: Golden oldies.

Smiley

/jarmo

Possibly; Black Ice was a huge success. What I meant by 'golden oldies' was a band who refuse to put out albums and subsist merely as a nostalgia Vegas act.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #302 on: August 05, 2015, 02:31:41 PM »

I may have screwed that up from memory, but I could have sworn he has a credit or two on the album, which is why he was pulled for the live shows. This wouldn't be my first creative remembering in history.

Hahaha.  We've all done it.

I had never heard of the guy.  Before, or since, really. 

Anyone know the connection that got him the gig?

Hopefully it wasn't his time in Jessie and the Rippers (Full House Reference)
Fernando
The REAL Fernando
Rocker

Adz sucks irl.

« Reply #303 on: August 05, 2015, 02:34:00 PM »

Pretty great read.

Narcissism has a lot to do with selfishness and deep need for adoration, not giving a fuck for others and promoting themselves at the expense of others often publicly.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #304 on: August 05, 2015, 02:37:00 PM »

Pretty great read.

Please excuse Mortis... It's the same thing with him every day.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #305 on: August 05, 2015, 02:38:01 PM »

Possibly; Black Ice was a huge success. What I meant by 'golden oldies' was a band who refuse to put out albums and subsist merely as a nostalgia Vegas act.

Ah yes. Putting out albums that sound like each other really makes you not part of that scene... Got it!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #306 on: August 05, 2015, 02:39:01 PM »

I may have screwed that up from memory, but I could have sworn he has a credit or two on the album, which is why he was pulled for the live shows. This wouldn't be my first creative remembering in history.

Dude...you should get a Karma point for that.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #307 on: August 05, 2015, 02:40:37 PM »

Dude...you should get a Karma point for that.

No question.  Reference of the day right there.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
mortismurphy
« Reply #308 on: August 05, 2015, 02:42:41 PM »

Ah yes. Putting out albums that sound like each other really makes you not part of that scene... Got it!

/jarmo

Somewhat correct in that assumption. AC/DC fans have new albums to buy and enjoy. Isn't that a wonderful thing? Most bands in fact do this except for Elvis Tribute Acts and Guns N' Roses.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #309 on: August 05, 2015, 02:43:46 PM »

Yes yes.

Like it was pointed out earlier today, quality over quantity.... Smiley

And why are you here exactly again?

/jarmo

mortismurphy
« Reply #310 on: August 05, 2015, 02:48:18 PM »

Yes yes.

Like it was pointed out earlier today, quality over quantity.... Smiley

And why are you here exactly again?

/jarmo

The problem is not so much 'quantity' as 'anything at all'. One album in twenty-four years.

Heck, DC are not even very prolific to make the argument of ''too many hasty releases''.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #311 on: August 05, 2015, 03:04:41 PM »

You didn't answer the one question asked.

Your attempts at trolling are pointless.  Kiss

/jarmo

mortismurphy
« Reply #312 on: August 05, 2015, 03:07:09 PM »

I think I've answered that same question of yours about five or six times now.
Erick
Headliner

« Reply #313 on: August 05, 2015, 03:16:41 PM »

people criticize both the Guns n Roses
Chinese Democracy that sold 10M worldwide and say that failure is a fashionable band sells 3M and is successful
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #314 on: August 05, 2015, 03:20:40 PM »

Chinese Democracy that sold 10M worldwide and say that failure is a fashionable band sells 3M and is successful

They say it because they are one of the biggest names in all of rock, but the album made zero impact.

No one can tell you a song.  Nothing ever entered the public consciousness.  When you hear GNR is coming up after the next commercial break, you know damn well its not anything from CD.

Its like that old joke about Billy Ray Cyrus : If 10 million people own that album...how come I don't know one of them?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #315 on: August 05, 2015, 03:34:59 PM »

It didn't sell anywhere near 10,000,000 worldwide...maybe 3,000,000 which is still pretty good.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #316 on: August 05, 2015, 03:37:08 PM »

They say it because they are one of the biggest names in all of rock, but the album made zero impact.

No one can tell you a song.  Nothing ever entered the public consciousness.  When you hear GNR is coming up after the next commercial break, you know damn well its not anything from CD.

Its like that old joke about Billy Ray Cyrus : If 10 million people own that album...how come I don't know one of them?

But thats the same with black ice, and death magnetic. I don't know lots of songs titles from these albums either. I think this is more because people don't sit down and read booklets like they used to before. Hey buy it online and listen to it.. its more like.. i like song nr. 3, 8 and 9 very good! Its sad, but thats how it is these days. People still listen to it, but they don't remember the song titles.

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #317 on: August 05, 2015, 03:37:54 PM »

/jarmo

Somewhat correct in that assumption. AC/DC fans have new albums to buy and enjoy. Isn't that a wonderful thing? Most bands in fact do this except for Elvis Tribute Acts and Guns N' Roses.

I will never be accused of being an Axl rumpswab, but that is a terrible example. I am a huge AC/DC fan, and yes I buy everything they put out, but lets be honest since Razors edge in 1990-91 there has maybe been 1-2 OK songs on each album. You are going to see them for Past Catalog. Chinese Democracy isn't my favorite GnR album front to back, but in my opinion the following tracks are better than anything AC/DC or any other 'nostalgia' act has put out while simply releasing albums to release albums:
CD, Better, TWAT, Catcher, Street of Dreams, IRS, Maddy, This I Love (and maybe Prostitute).

Now this might be viewed as a bad comparison also due to the differing genre's, but Maroon 5 (sorry my wife listens to them which means I listen to them by proxy) has put out 5 albums since 2004 almost one every 2 years or so... but they have several chart toppers from each album. I get it they aren't everyone's cup of tea but Adam and James (Guitar) actually write some decent songs... they are where I get a little jealous from a fan base perspective thinking that it's just been 1 GnR album to their 5 albums... makes me a little sad wondering what we may have lost in a genius songwriters prime 94-08 while he was mired down in the business aspect of the band...

But what we got in 08 was very very good, and honestly sold well considering how the BB launch and other things that were handled pre TB got botched. Merks handling of the band and it's immediate follow up was nearly criminal how almost maliciously bad it went.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #318 on: August 05, 2015, 03:48:38 PM »

But thats the same with black ice, and death magnetic. I don't know lots of songs titles from these albums either. I think this is more because people don't sit down and read booklets like they used to before. Hey buy it online and listen to it.. its more like.. i like song nr. 3, 8 and 9 very good! Its sad, but thats how it is these days. People still listen to it, but they don't remember the song titles.

That's not how I see it happen, take the booklet out of it. No one downloads full albums anymore. It is a singles market these days. If the song doesn't get airplay it doesn't get downloaded... and for CD you are talking about 2008 (7 years ago)... people were still buying CD's then.

It all goes back to the management at the time (Merk and his followup were a disaster)... that could have been the worst handled release ever. There was never an aggressively pushed single, there wasn't a video (I know MTV doesn't play videos but look at VEVO November Rain has 412,000,000 views)... What happened to the Harley Ad? All of these things kept CD from the 'casual' fan.
mortismurphy
« Reply #319 on: August 05, 2015, 03:50:47 PM »

/jarmo

I will never be accused of being an Axl rumpswab, but that is a terrible example. I am a huge AC/DC fan, and yes I buy everything they put out, but lets be honest since Razors edge in 1990-91 there has maybe been 1-2 OK songs on each album. You are going to see them for Past Catalog. Chinese Democracy isn't my favorite GnR album front to back, but in my opinion the following tracks are better than anything AC/DC or any other 'nostalgia' act has put out while simply releasing albums to release albums:
CD, Better, TWAT, Catcher, Street of Dreams, IRS, Maddy, This I Love (and maybe Prostitute).

Now this might be viewed as a bad comparison also due to the differing genre's, but Maroon 5 (sorry my wife listens to them which means I listen to them by proxy) has put out 5 albums since 2004 almost one every 2 years or so... but they have several chart toppers from each album. I get it they aren't everyone's cup of tea but Adam and James (Guitar) actually write some decent songs... they are where I get a little jealous from a fan base perspective thinking that it's just been 1 GnR album to their 5 albums... makes me a little sad wondering what we may have lost in a genius songwriters prime 94-08 while he was mired down in the business aspect of the band...

But what we got in 08 was very very good, and honestly sold well considering how the BB launch and other things that were handled pre TB got botched. Merks handling of the band and it's immediate follow up was nearly criminal how almost maliciously bad it went.

Black Ice is actually one of my favourite AC/DC albums. Rock or Bust is also great. Ballbreaker and SUP are less good but still solid enough albums. I've actually really liked DC's post Razor's Edge output. On the whole I would rate it better than their 1980s (post Back in Black) output.

By the way, why the criticism of Merck? He is the only half way decent manager the new band have ever had, granted his 'Tuesdays' comment backfired spectacularly. He seemed to generally want to release CD and was frustrated by his artist's tardiness. He also kept the fans up to date.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: