Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 05:50:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227669 Posts in 43239 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Donald Trump & 2016 Election
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 194 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Donald Trump & 2016 Election  (Read 479758 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2015, 08:41:21 AM »

He wants to build a wall?

Didn't the west, and the USA, oppose East Germany building a wall and then cheered when Reagan asked it to be torn down?
/jarmo

The difference is...the East German wall was built to keep people IN....the wall he's talking about is to keep illegal immigrates out.

No, the East German rules called it the Anti-Fascist Protective Wall or something. Need to keep the evil westerners out of their paradise!
See, you can twist it anyway you want it.

The point is, walls haven't exactly worked out in the long run.

Maybe Trump could visit North Korea? I'm sure they got no problems with immigrants from South Korea coming in....  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2015, 08:51:32 AM »

Maybe Trump could visit North Korea? I'm sure they got no problems with immigrants from South Korea coming in....  hihi

/jarmo

Because that's the same thing.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2015, 10:22:45 AM »

It's called a joke.

Anyway, explain to me how the Berlin Wall differed from the idea of stopping people to come into the USA by building a wall?
In both cases, the wall is there to stop people from leaving one place to go to another in hopes of creating a better life for themselves.

Why wasn't it ok for the communist regime in East Germany to build a wall but it's ok for the US?
I'm confused.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2015, 11:25:44 AM »

The "wall" is ... well yeah... absurd.

The notion of living here illegally ...isn't... either contribute to society and pay taxes... or kindly go back home. I shouldn't have to pay your medical bills or for your children to go to school, when you don't contribute to mine.

I believe in having one's voice heard and the democratic voting process.... but I really have no clue on who to vote for...

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2015, 02:04:52 PM »

In both cases, the wall is there to stop people from leaving one place to go to another in hopes of creating a better life for themselves.

/jarmo

A wall wouldn't stop legal immigration.

The "wall" is ... well yeah... absurd.

The notion of living here illegally ...isn't... either contribute to society and pay taxes... or kindly go back home. I shouldn't have to pay your medical bills or for your children to go to school, when you don't contribute to mine.

The "wall" may not be the answer, but yes, something needs to change.

I believe in having one's voice heard and the democratic voting process.... but I really have no clue on who to vote for...

I agree.

GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2015, 02:06:19 PM »

I would be curious to see a study determining approximately how much $$ the average U.S. taxpayer is actually put out of pocket for government services/benefits for illegal immigrants... and then compare that to how much more that average U.S. taxpayer would pay per year at restaurants if the restaurant industry were no longer exploiting illegal immigrants with slave wages.  Other areas as well, how much more would landscaping cost?  How much more would our produce cost if the agriculture industry stopped employing illegal immigrants?  Etcetra, etcetera...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2015, 02:11:09 PM »

A wall wouldn't stop legal immigration.

Yeah, it would stop some illegal immigration. But to think it's the answer, it's kinda naive.

People who risked their lives to get over the Berlin Wall still took that risk.

/jarmo

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2015, 02:17:24 PM »

Yeah, it would stop some illegal immigration. But to think it's the answer, it's kinda naive.

/jarmo

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2015, 02:41:20 PM »

I would be curious to see a study determining approximately how much $$ the average U.S. taxpayer is actually put out of pocket for government services/benefits for illegal immigrants... and then compare that to how much more that average U.S. taxpayer would pay per year at restaurants if the restaurant industry were no longer exploiting illegal immigrants with slave wages.  Other areas as well, how much more would landscaping cost?  How much more would our produce cost if the agriculture industry stopped employing illegal immigrants?  Etcetra, etcetera...

Interesting thought...

I work in the health insurance industry... so I see first hand what kind of benefits illegal's get... and the difficult time American citizens have obtaining and paying for coverage, especially seniors who live off social security and can't afford their co payments and stuff.

It's a sore subject for me.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2015, 02:49:11 PM »

/jarmo

Nice to see you agreeing but still finding time to disagree.
Amazing.

/jarmo

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2015, 02:59:19 PM »

You said to think it's the answer it's kinda naive.  I had just said in the same post the wall may not be the answer.
Whatever.

rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2015, 03:04:04 PM »

Land of the free, home of the brave... Or was that somewhere else?

Yes, when you come legally.

Well building a wall is not really brave isn't it?

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2015, 03:06:54 PM »

Land of the free, home of the brave... Or was that somewhere else?

Yes, when you come legally.

Well building a wall is not really brave isn't it?

Take it up with Trump.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2015, 04:49:10 PM »

Wait, you're in this thread responding to posts you actually agree with but disagreeing and then got no answers except "ask Trump".

hihi

/jarmo

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2015, 05:06:32 PM »

Wait, you're in this thread responding to posts you actually agree with but disagreeing and then got no answers except "ask Trump".

/jarmo

That makes no sense.

I responded to the land of the free and home of the brave comment as it relates to immigration.

Not the wall.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2015, 05:17:39 PM »

Ah. I see.

Ok, so since we kinda agreed that the wall isn't the brightest idea. What else is this guy about that makes people think he'd be a great president?

I mean, I can see why Obama was a great example of "yes we can" since he was the first president from that ethnic group and background.
Donald Trump, rich billionaire. I get that everybody basically wants to be rich, but what makes him a great leader of the USA? Is there an economic crisis going on in the USA like in for example Greece, Brazil or even Finland that needs to be fixed and only he can?

/jarmo

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2015, 06:37:53 PM »

In the end i don't think Trump is even gonna get the Republican nomination i think the other moron Carson will. He's starting to take over in recent polls.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2015, 07:08:10 PM »

In the end i don't think Trump is even gonna get the Republican nomination i think the other moron Carson will. He's starting to take over in recent polls.

Pretty sad and/or scary.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2015, 08:09:28 PM »

Pretty sad and/or scary.
Extremely scary, for a surgeon Carson is really stupid. I by no means think Hillary is a great choice, i would prefer Sanders but both are a lot less scary then Trump or Carson.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 08:11:43 PM by Timothy25 » Logged
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2015, 08:01:49 PM »

Pretty sad and/or scary.
Extremely scary, for a surgeon Carson is really stupid. I by no means think Hillary is a great choice, i would prefer Sanders but both are a lot less scary then Trump or Carson.

Right there with you on Sanders, but I'll be happy with Hillary too.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 194 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: