Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:52:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Donald Trump & 2016 Election
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 194 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Donald Trump & 2016 Election  (Read 482433 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #2100 on: October 09, 2018, 02:25:27 PM »

Unlike Obama, the non-American, Trump has no time for things such as golf!

/jarmo

Just for fun.

https://trumpgolfcount.com/#about

He's been in office 628 days.

He's played golf at least 148 times (24% of his days in office).

"At least" because his press secretary and other members of his administration try to hide his golfing activities (by not telling/inviting and physically keeping away if they show up, the press core).

If I were cutting out of work 24%+ of the time to play golf, I'd try to hide it from my "bosses" (aka the voters) too!

rofl

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2101 on: October 09, 2018, 04:03:48 PM »

Yeah.

Astonishing.

No one seems to go "But you told us you weren't gonna have time to play golf..."....

Also, how much time does it take to make America great again? Surely the best ever president who has accomplished more in these two years than most other presidents ever, can get things done before his four years are up? Isn't he basically the poster boy for government efficiency and so on? Does this mean there'll be an election before 2020, because you'd assume he would be done making America great way before then? Just to show everyone how much greater he is, and how he can do anything better than anyone. I mean, nobody ever managed to do anything before. 2016 is year 0....  Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2102 on: October 09, 2018, 10:44:06 PM »

Unlike Obama, the non-American, Trump has no time for things such as golf!

/jarmo

Just for fun.

https://trumpgolfcount.com/#about

He's been in office 628 days.

He's played golf at least 148 times (24% of his days in office).

"At least" because his press secretary and other members of his administration try to hide his golfing activities (by not telling/inviting and physically keeping away if they show up, the press core).

If I were cutting out of work 24%+ of the time to play golf, I'd try to hide it from my "bosses" (aka the voters) too!

rofl

You'd also be unemployed.
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #2103 on: October 10, 2018, 02:16:40 AM »

i think we can safely say, "we have a president."

President Trump's impact on the world we will be felt for generations. Two conservative judges to the supreme court that will be making decisions for decades.

I celebrated Saturday by drinking beer in red solo cups and throwing ice with a bunch of other deplorables. what a day. the winning continues!

LOL, how pathetically insecure can you be?  rofl

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2104 on: October 10, 2018, 05:48:59 AM »

https://apnews.com/4784db8842d040bca9a67c2be1835019  More winning?
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #2105 on: October 10, 2018, 07:24:40 AM »

i think we can safely say, "we have a president."

President Trump's impact on the world we will be felt for generations. Two conservative judges to the supreme court that will be making decisions for decades.

I celebrated Saturday by drinking beer in red solo cups and throwing ice with a bunch of other deplorables. what a day. the winning continues!

LOL, how pathetically insecure can you be?  rofl

That Axl tweet is so far into his head, he should be charging Axl rent.

Guess he's not a fan of "Don't Damn Me".....

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #2106 on: October 10, 2018, 06:41:32 PM »

And there goes the market......YIKES!

Together again,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2107 on: October 11, 2018, 02:14:55 AM »

Question now is, will it affect midterms?
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #2108 on: October 11, 2018, 10:49:30 AM »

Question now is, will it affect midterms?

Hard to tell.

If it's a blip/sell off, probably not.

If it's an extended bad October, and the market starts to really lose steam, maybe.

I expect it's the blip, but.....

Volatile markets are, again, sometimes a leading indicator of economic cool down and plateauing.  But we'll need more than just one bad day to see if that's the case.

Together again,
sandman
Legend

« Reply #2109 on: October 11, 2018, 01:04:08 PM »

Trump is on fire this week!

meeting with ye and jim brown today.
"We're going to make certain categories tougher when it comes to drug dealing and other things, but there has to be a reform because it is very unfair right now. It's very unfair to African-Americans. It is very unfair to everybody, and it is also very costly."

hopefully the frauds in congress work with him on this. as Trump and ye are actually trying to accomplish something good for society, CNN commentators said Kanye is a "token negro" and a negro that doesn't read. also said they will "trade" Kanye in the "racial draft," whatever the hell that means. 

more evidence of how that left feels about people that just happen to have a difference of opinion. you would think they would support the idea of working with the government to improve people's lives. 

then Trump addresses the growing rhetoric by Dem leaders for violence against those on the right, by responding to Holder:
“He better be careful what he’s wishing for. That’s a disgusting statement for him to make. For him to make a statement like that is a very dangerous statement,”

Kid Rock in the white house today for Trump's signing of the Music Modernization Act, passing into law landmark copyright reform that Nashville songwriters have battled to pass for many years.

named 13 more judicial nominees this week!

#winning

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #2110 on: October 11, 2018, 01:43:22 PM »

I was just WAITING for this to be mentioned, since it's been the darling of fox news the past few hours.  I knew it was coming....  hihi

For anyone interested in actual truth, and not just presidential (and fox news) lies while he's playing Celebrity Apprentice..here's the REST of the quote from Holder, from the same speech:

When I say we kick them, I don’t mean we do anything inappropriate, we don’t do anything illegal, but we have to be tough and we have to fight.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video/politics/holder-when-they-go-low-we-kick-them/2018/10/11/f152f888-cd78-11e8-ad0a-0e01efba3cc1_video.html?utm_term=.a7a645ff89b2

(1:15 of the video)

It is HILARIOUS to watch Repubs (and I'm not talking about the ones in this thread, specifically...just watch 10 minutes of Fox) clutch their pearls like victims on this one.  rofl  Given all the things this president has said and done.....they are OUTRAGED at a quote...that doesn't even say what they are being told it says.

But "Grab 'em by the pussy" is totally ok and just locker room talk.  As is "lock her up" and offering to cover the legal fees of anyone that beats up a protester.   Roll Eyes

jarmo, I'm gonna need a HUGE vat of marmite for all these Republicans who need hypocrisy sandwiches.  Can you hook a brother up?

I mean, I get it.  They want their voters to turn out in less than 4 weeks, and the ONLY thing they really have to do that with fear at this point, but...jeesh.  Apparently, though, this is what Trump thinks will work and thinks is the only thing that can win: Make his base think the dems are the boogie man, and are out to get them!  That's right, folks: Trump has decided to make Repubs think The Purge is coming!! That's his grand strategy for the mid terms.

And apparently, some of the repubs are falling for it hook, line, and sinker....just like he's conned them into everything else.

You almost...ALMOST...have to feel sorry for them.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 02:04:36 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #2111 on: October 11, 2018, 03:54:48 PM »

That Kanye "summit" was...ramblingly incoherent at best.  confused

I forced myself to watch the whole thing.....it was so weird.

And I don't think Jim Brown said more than 2 words.

It wasn't even a good photo op. It was just.....uncomfortable.

And another rough day for the markets.  1200-ish points in 2 days...
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 03:59:15 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
sandman
Legend

« Reply #2112 on: October 11, 2018, 04:54:54 PM »

Consider this your monthly feeding.  Enjoy it...it's all you'll get til November.

and here I thought this meant the Taxman wouldn't directly respond to my posts and/or reference me in his posts for a few weeks. oh well, guess he just can't help himself.

anyway, back on topic, major props to ye!!! 4D Warfare baby!

only a liberal could criticize someone that says:

"We have to release the love throughout the entire country and give opportunities."   

simple message that you would think would be embraced by all.  but clearly liberals fear him.  CNN has their marching orders to destroy his reputation. first they mocked him for seeking treatment for mental health, then they called him a "token negro," then they called him uneducated. now today they are bringing up quotes from Ray J. despicable treatment, solely because he is a black trump supporter.

liberals: gobble gobble gobble

#YBLS

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2113 on: October 11, 2018, 05:32:16 PM »

"We have to release the love throughout the entire country and give opportunities."   

So you're saying that one quote makes everything ok? You're easy to please.
He also said "slavery was a choice." Until he realized, it wasn't a good idea to say that out loud.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sandman
Legend

« Reply #2114 on: October 11, 2018, 06:12:29 PM »

He also said "slavery was a choice." Until he realized, it wasn't a good idea to say that out loud.

/jarmo

he did not mean that literally. he later clarified. and he apologized.

also, I don't think white people should try to control what black people have to say about their culture and communities. we could never understand how they feel. and if someone is trying to lead, get conversations started, and improve the lives of every day people, good for them.

no, I am not saying that one quote makes everything ok. in no way did I ever even suggest that. as I've pointed out before, you love to make false assumptions about people in a way that puts them in a negative light. you should be more positive in life. it will make you happier.   

but maybe I am easy to please. or maybe I simply believe in forgiveness. maybe you don't believe in 2nd chances, but I do.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #2115 on: October 11, 2018, 07:44:17 PM »

/jarmo

Watching that press coverage, and listening to kanyes stream of consciousness, reminded me of the scene in Billy Madison where the proxy for the exam awarded Billy zero points, pointed out his speech made everyone dumber, and may god have mercy on his soul. It was that kind of rambling nonsense.

Hydrogen planes made by apple? What?!? (Plans that he apparently lifted from another company? https://www.behance.net/gallery/4019751/(2012)-Redesign-of-a-Commercial-Aircraft-for-2030 )

Trump's my Daddy? And I didnt vote for Hillary because shes a woman? But not because shes a woman. Because I needed stronger male energy? Wtf?!?  You cant even say it was mysoginist because it made no fucking sense!

Again, with the 13th amendment stuff? But no, it shouldn't actually be repealed. But yes, it should be repealed. But not really. But, but, but....Huh?? I got positively DIZZY during that 30 seconds or so.

It wasn't that I disagreed with his message. It was that he literally had no coherent message.

Maybe he was overly excited.  Maybe he wasn't prepared for the public nature of the "lunch" (aka he didn't expect the press to be there).  But it came off terrible.  10 minutes of verbal manifesto, with no real organization or coherence, with leaps of logic that were impossible to follow (and based, in some cases, on "alternate facts").

I just watched it again, so my wife could see it. It was no less painful the second time.

Only some sort of "true believer" could watch that and think it made any sense or went over well. It was soooooo cringey!

One last bit: The MASSIVE double standard applied by the Repubs to "he apologized" for Kanye (or Trump...take your pick), while in the very next fox news segment condemning Holder for saying something that, literally 30 seconds further into the speech he clarified (meaning he wasn't saying what they keep saying he was saying) is just nuts.  Again, more hypocrisy.  I think we need to make that a TRUCKLOAD of marmite, man.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 08:51:38 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #2116 on: October 11, 2018, 08:32:56 PM »

Apparently the price to get the US to look the other way (according to our President) when you murder a permanent US resident (he had to confirm this...since if it wasn't a US citizen and simply a Wapo journalist, that would make it 100% OK, right?) is 110 (fake) billion dollars.

Oh, and a promise to be your son in laws best friend.

Seriously? C'mon.....

I'm totally OK with "Lets wait to see what we can find out before we apply sanctions."  That's a totally acceptable response.

But "Remember, they're spending 110 billion on US military equipment [they're not, actually]" has no place in the conversation.  At all.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 09:34:57 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2117 on: October 11, 2018, 11:48:12 PM »

Any thoughts on the first lady's that's today about being the most bullied woman in the world?
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #2118 on: October 12, 2018, 02:36:10 AM »

/jarmo

also, I don't think white people should try to control what black people have to say about their culture and communities. we could never understand how they feel. and if someone is trying to lead, get conversations started, and improve the lives of every day people, good for them.

LOL, that you don't even know how many black people are telling Kanye to STFU because he does not represent them is hilarious.

CNN has their marching orders to destroy his reputation.

Honest question, are you 14 years old?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 02:37:56 AM by PermissionToLand » Logged

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2119 on: October 12, 2018, 05:50:16 AM »

no, I am not saying that one quote makes everything ok. in no way did I ever even suggest that. as I've pointed out before, you love to make false assumptions about people in a way that puts them in a negative light. you should be more positive in life. it will make you happier.   

but maybe I am easy to please. or maybe I simply believe in forgiveness. maybe you don't believe in 2nd chances, but I do.

Interesting. One one hand people shouldn't tell other people what they have to say. On the other hand your president is telling the media what they should say about him....

Personally I agree with you. But that extends to everyone. Not just white people.

When Obama tried to get conversations going, improve the lives of people, wasn't that considered a bad idea? He wanted to take away all your guns? Yet, he was trying to improve the lives of thousands of people.

I'm just curious to see how you think, because positive old me sees a guy who's quick to like Kanye because he's a pal of Trump now. No love yet? Wink But dismisses others...

I think I'm pretty positive. Even in all this, I think that in order to appreciate something, you have to see the alternative. That's what we're seeing now. Smiley

Any thoughts on the first lady's that's today about being the most bullied woman in the world?

I guess it's not easy being her, or a male in the USA these days.

She could ask her husband about bullying.

Also, imagine if Michelle Obama had played the victim like this?  Huh

Yes, people say insane things about her. And her husband. But it's not like the other side is any better..... Or were any better during the previous administration. Birthers etc.

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 194 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: