Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 03, 2024, 04:41:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227992 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl and Slash friends again?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 46 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl and Slash friends again?  (Read 214412 times)
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #60 on: August 22, 2015, 04:27:28 PM »

How am I confusing things??

You put your own spin when it's a clear cut answer that Slash gave. Everyone is now running with this story. It's actually trending on FB.

I hope you do like it. There seems to be others that don't, which is ashame.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #61 on: August 22, 2015, 04:30:59 PM »

If this is true

Then it's really cool.  That was just a lot of un-needed drama, that both guys didn't need.    

For those that say they should wait for a full on reunion not just Axl and Slash, as the money is in the full on reunion.  I don't think so.  The general sheep like public, don't care about a full on reunion.   They care about Axl and slash   That will sell

I would also be courious to hear slashes take on some of the chinease guitar work.   I  sure he can figure it all out.  But if it sounds like when he covered some Metallica songs many many years ago.  I would be one hot mess haha
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #62 on: August 22, 2015, 04:39:12 PM »

You put your own spin when it's a clear cut answer that Slash gave. Everyone is now running with this story. It's actually trending on FB.

I hope you do like it. There seems to be others that don't, which is ashame.

The media doesn't exactly have a good history of being accurate in their reporting have they?

Their only source for this story is the interview with Aftonbladet. Having seen the interview myself, I can draw my own conclusions based on that.

How is the answer Slash gave "clear cut"? The question he got asked is quite vague... "Friends with Axl". There was no mention of actual talks between them. It could be interpreted as "friendly with Axl".

If you look at the CBS interview, Slash basically gives the same answer. Would you have drawn the same conclusions as now if Slash had left out the part where he said "they haven't talked for years"?

As I said before, I would love if Axl and Slash are talking again, better yet they are working together again. But... logic tells me that would be getting ahead of myself. I certainly hope for some confirmation that they're back together, but sadly I expect the opposite.

How am I confusing things??

You're confusing "shooting down" with "being reserved in concluding". I haven't shot down anything, don't think anyone else has either.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 04:42:18 PM by Spirit » Logged

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #63 on: August 22, 2015, 04:44:39 PM »

Then tell me this. Why hasn't Slash made a statement retracting his comment? He did so with the CBS interview.

Slash knows this would be picking up steam. Do you honestly think that he would say this if it wasn't true? Do you think he would have phrased it differently or avoid the question like he did in the same interview about a reunion?
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #64 on: August 22, 2015, 04:49:48 PM »

I have never advocated for a reunion, I liked all lineups since 2001, but even I would advise Axl and Slash to tour again based on how much money they could make. It's almost stupid not to. Play all the hits, play the rarities like coma and bad obsession, come up with one or two new singles and tour the world. Again I'm not advocating for it, but seriously think about it, it would be a huge payday.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #65 on: August 22, 2015, 04:52:20 PM »

Then tell me this. Why hasn't Slash made a statement retracting his comment? He did so with the CBS interview.

Slash knows this would be picking up steam. Do you honestly think that he would say this if it wasn't true? Do you think he would have phrased it differently or avoid the question like he did in the same interview about a reunion?

I am open to the possibility of them talking again. I am just not 100% convinced, that's all.

I'm not trying to argue against you here, just to use a little bit of critical thinking. But, if you're 100% sure that this interview means that Axl and Slash have spoken together, I won't stand in the way of that.

Sweetness is a virtue
Slashrose
Rocker

Twitter - @sonicmonstersk8

« Reply #66 on: August 22, 2015, 04:54:21 PM »

Frankly I 'd rather not believe in any speculation, Everyone says something different, it's difficult to take a sensible conclusion on it , Do not believe in a meeting if rolling a meeting in the former band.....
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #67 on: August 22, 2015, 04:57:13 PM »

Jarmo, it's  true, though. For years, I've seen people -yourself included- bash Slash for no reason except that Axl didn't like him.  You gal and guys had no reason to do so. For those that have supported both Axl and Slash, it has been frustrating. Even today, there are people in this thread that have tried to put their own spin and say "well Slash didn't say that we're friends a reporter said it" yada yada yada.

I think it's great that both of them can finally let it go. I  just wish that some "fans" would do  the  same. 

No, Slash was judged on his behavior and words he chose to speak. Why is that so difficult for some to comprehend?

There is a lot of idiocy and people that perpetuate myths on the internet, I wouldn't be surprised what any of them is trying to spin.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #68 on: August 22, 2015, 04:59:00 PM »

I have never advocated for a reunion, I liked all lineups since 2001, but even I would advise Axl and Slash to tour again based on how much money they could make. It's almost stupid not to. Play all the hits, play the rarities like coma and bad obsession, come up with one or two new singles and tour the world. Again I'm not advocating for it, but seriously think about it, it would be a huge payday.

Not everyone is motivated solely or even primarily by the almighty dollar.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #69 on: August 22, 2015, 05:01:49 PM »

I am open to the possibility of them talking again. I am just not 100% convinced, that's all.

I'm not trying to argue against you here, just to use a little bit of critical thinking. But, if you're 100% sure that this interview means that Axl and Slash have spoken together, I won't stand in the way of that.

Well I just think that Slash has enough experience by now to know how to answer a question from a reporter.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #70 on: August 22, 2015, 05:05:57 PM »

Well I just think that Slash has enough experience by now to know how to answer a question from a reporter.

Well, you said so yourself. We only have to go back a couple of months to find a interview in which he had to retract his comments afterwards.

Sweetness is a virtue
Slashrose
Rocker

Twitter - @sonicmonstersk8

« Reply #71 on: August 22, 2015, 05:10:20 PM »

no news , no shows, no new songs , no interviews , all the fans like.
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #72 on: August 22, 2015, 05:22:58 PM »

Virolec
Rocker

« Reply #73 on: August 22, 2015, 05:25:24 PM »

I don't want to jump the gun on this and start speculating fruitlessly.  I'm happy to take it at face value, and you know what?  If this is true I'm delighted.  Leaving aside them ever working together again, it means that two guys who were once close friends and then fell out (very publicly and very bitterly, for years) are back being cool again.  That's a good thing, a very good thing, in and of itself.  Never mind tours and new records and all that - life is too short to spend on grudges and bitterness.  Too damn short.  And given that the two dudes concerned are two dudes who created music that everyone here, I'm sure, loves, that means and has meant a lot to many, many people... well,  beer

And what about a reunion?  Maybe it'll happen, maybe not.  Look at Iron Maiden - fifteen years after Bruce and Adrian returned to the band (making it essentially now the classic line up plus Jan), they're about to release a double album in a couple of weeks, their fifth studio album since their reunion, to say nothing of live albums, DVDs, tours etc.  Nobody doubts they're making more money now than when Blaze Bayley was the singer, but it's also true that they keep making good, progressive music, and don't just rely on nostalgia and formulaic attempts to sound like they did in the 80s... win/ win.  Now, if we could have the same for Guns N' Roses, I'm sure most of us would take that in a jiffy, no?

But if not, and Slash and Axl never play another note together, we've lost nothing.  Hopefully the material Axl has been working on will surface.  If it does, great; if it doesn't, it's not like there's a lack of other great music to listen to, is there?  There are more important things, like knowing that two old friends have let go of the bitterness that has soured their lives for so long.  

Nargle them.  Fargle them.  Nargle-fargle them.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #74 on: August 22, 2015, 05:25:56 PM »

This is.....  rofl rofl

Quite possibly accurate. Haha!

Sweetness is a virtue
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #75 on: August 22, 2015, 05:30:14 PM »

Why are the Slash "haters" so quick to shoot this down, yet, whenever Fortis, Frank or others state there will be an album, they are VERY quick to believe them?Huh?? It boggles my mind. If you are a fan of this band, you should love hearing this news. At least they made peace with each other.

maybe because Slash has a very long history of lies and Richard and Frank do not?

It would be nice to know Axl made peace with Slash, but everything Axl has said in the past points to another path.

I agree, Axl seems to be a very private person.  I don't think we will hear him in the press about this.  Glad to see them set aside their differences.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #76 on: August 22, 2015, 05:32:16 PM »

I don't want to jump the gun on this and start speculating fruitlessly.  I'm happy to take it at face value, and you know what?  If this is true I'm delighted.  Leaving aside them ever working together again, it means that two guys who were once close friends and then fell out (very publicly and very bitterly, for years) are back being cool again.  That's a good thing, a very good thing, in and of itself.  Never mind tours and new records and all that - life is too short to spend on grudges and bitterness.  Too damn short.  And given that the two dudes concerned are two dudes who created music that everyone here, I'm sure, loves, that means and has meant a lot to many, many people... well,  beer

And what about a reunion?  Maybe it'll happen, maybe not.  Look at Iron Maiden - fifteen years after Bruce and Adrian returned to the band (making it essentially now the classic line up plus Jan), they're about to release a double album in a couple of weeks, their fifth studio album since their reunion, to say nothing of live albums, DVDs, tours etc.  Nobody doubts they're making more money now than when Blaze Bayley was the singer, but it's also true that they keep making good, progressive music, and don't just rely on nostalgia and formulaic attempts to sound like they did in the 80s... win/ win.  Now, if we could have the same for Guns N' Roses, I'm sure most of us would take that in a jiffy, no?

But if not, and Slash and Axl never play another note together, we've lost nothing.  Hopefully the material Axl has been working on will surface.  If it does, great; if it doesn't, it's not like there's a lack of other great music to listen to, is there?  There are more important things, like knowing that two old friends have let go of the bitterness that has soured their lives for so long.  

I largely agree with this, great 1st post and welcome to the forum!  Smiley

The only thing I would genuinely be disappointed with, is if Axl never released any new music. There's other great music out there yes, but if the world of music misses out on more songs with Axl's voice on it... it's almost a tragedy.

Sweetness is a virtue
Virolec
Rocker

« Reply #77 on: August 22, 2015, 05:42:51 PM »

Spirit - thank you!

Yes, I see what you mean.  I mean, it would be sad to know that so much material would go unheard, but I think we'll hear it in some form or other eventually. 

Nargle them.  Fargle them.  Nargle-fargle them.
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #78 on: August 22, 2015, 06:05:17 PM »

I largely agree with this, great 1st post and welcome to the forum!  Smiley

The only thing I would genuinely be disappointed with, is if Axl never released any new music. There's other great music out there yes, but if the world of music misses out on more songs with Axl's voice on it... it's almost a tragedy.
Axl and Slash being  friends, or even friendlier than full on enemies, is the greatest thing!  They were best friends and I wish for them to be so again!  It  would  mean  a lot! Inspire! Give hope for life in general for me. Like Axl said before they played "My Michelle" in The Ritz  concert film: Don't ever give up hope. There is something out there. All you have to do is just hold on and believe.
I think there was something in DJs  letter that  made me hope. It was like he was  bowing out so gracefully and sincere and declaring himself first and foremost a fan. Like he knew something was going on.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 06:07:11 PM by Sillything » Logged

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #79 on: August 22, 2015, 06:14:12 PM »

The whole thing sounds fishy. By the way Slash hasnt said anything about it because he is probably right now on a plane between Sweden and California.

Axl hasnt said one thing during the past 20 years pointing to him talking to Slash and then all of a sudden it comes out like this? Doesnt make sense to me.

I think a lot of people everywhere are overreacting about it. Lets wait until Axl or GN'R say something...

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 46 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: