Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 03, 2024, 07:42:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227992 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl and Slash friends again?
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl and Slash friends again?  (Read 214419 times)
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #840 on: September 06, 2015, 01:00:53 PM »

Oh Joy, Adler has chimed in about the current topic- I think this guy would say anything if it meant him getting back in the band.

- From Ultimate Classic Rock:

Former drummer Steven Adler says he?s thrilled a truce has been called between Axl Rose and Slash. Now, he says it?s time for Guns N? Roses to do the right thing.

?I wanna end it on a good note,? Adler tells Jamey Jasta. ?I wanna end it great and be a part of that. We owe it to the fans to do it.?

Slash revealed in late August that he and Rose had buried the hatchet, sparking inevitable rumors about a possible new musical collaboration.

?I think that?s great, ?cause it?s been too long,? says Adler, who was with Guns N? Roses from 1985-90. ?The world has missed out on 25 years of great music, because those two weren?t together. I mean, Slash and Axl, it?s like Mick Jagger and Keith Richards, Steven Tyler and Joe Perry, Robert Plant and Jimmy Page. Imagine if those guys weren?t together. It?s a shame, and I?m just so glad that they?re talking and everything is in the past like it should be.?

Read More: Steven Adler Says Guns N' Roses Owe It to Their Fans to Reunite | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/guns-n-roses-reunion-steven-adler-2/?trackback=tsmclip

Very Nice Adler

hihi

all that Adler-Bashing is so annoying. that guy has/had serious drug/alcohol issues. it's way too easy to put him down. sure he speaks too much sometimes but there are even more prominent GNRmember who do not have a clean slate in that regard.

just let him play with the rest of the guys if they want to. if he would fuck up, you could easily get another drummer. Matt/Frank. Steven always seems like a real good guy, if sober.

He is a walking liability, not only for noted relapses and lying about sobriety, but for shooting himself in the foot with the things he says in interviews.

It wouldn't be a smart business decision, and he only has himself to blame. Sentimentality shouldn't take over common sense imo.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #841 on: September 06, 2015, 01:10:33 PM »

I see it's been 2 weeks since the "big news" and absolutely nothing happened since.

I'm usually not an insider, but I got some information a few days ago from someone pretty close to Slash. As usual, you have to take it with a grain of salt, but here is the info: Slash is playing low now about the whole "Axl and Slash are friends", "reunion time" and all that stuff because he didn't imagine it would be blown such out of proportion (which is something that has been confirmed by Slash's manager to Eddie Trunk). Second info is this: Slash doesn't have a plan to play or record with Axl and it's not in the works.

This is a bit confirmed as well by the fact that he just announced some more tour dates a few days ago, including Minsk (1st time ever there) and Moscow: http://slashonline.com/tour/ . He will continue his tour with Myles Kennedy and will record a new album next year. There is nothing planned with Axl right now. That is the info I got now, I'm not saying it won't evolve or change, but I'm pretty confident Slash and Axl won't play together anytime soon.

You can decide to believe me or not, I've been in the online GN'R community asince 1998, but when I heard this it just confirmed what I thought, which seemed pretty obvious (but apparently not to some people...). I don't see Slash leaving everything he has built since 2010 for a reunion tour or whatever, and same thing for Axl.

Interesting- It is apparent that Slash is laying low, I can't say I blame him and it is absolutely a smart and savvy thing to do at present.

The fact that tensions have lessened and possible communication has taken place has really caused some to jump to conclusions, with rampant speculation.

I'm all for waiting and getting confirmed and official news on all avenues. Smiley

"Shut the fuck up."
Ringoturtle
Headliner

« Reply #842 on: September 06, 2015, 01:17:06 PM »

Business, business, business. it's supposed to be a Rock N roll band. perhaps old companions will give it a shot. give a try. taking a little risk. If one of my friends got clean I would be fucking proud of him (but they are clean anyway). your way of thinking seems to be pretty entrepreneurial. I think some of the members a cooler than that. BUT Steven has yet to prove his soberness. that's right.

All my statements represent MY OPINION. If not, I'll say so by posting references or the like
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #843 on: September 06, 2015, 01:42:22 PM »

Business, business, business. it's supposed to be a Rock N roll band. perhaps old companions will give it a shot. give a try. taking a little risk. If one of my friends got clean I would be fucking proud of him (but they are clean anyway). your way of thinking seems to be pretty entrepreneurial. I think some of the members a cooler than that. BUT Steven has yet to prove his soberness. that's right.

It's simply my view- If Steven's talent was worth the risk, he would have undoubtedly been utilized more then he has over the years. People avoid him for a reason, and I can't see where anyone else is to blame.

"Shut the fuck up."
Ringoturtle
Headliner

« Reply #844 on: September 06, 2015, 03:07:07 PM »

It's simply my view- If Steven's talent was worth the risk, he would have undoubtedly been utilized more then he has over the years. People avoid him for a reason, and I can't see where anyone else is to blame.

It's not that anyone else is to blame.
Yeah, people avoided him for a reason. As I said, Steven has yet to prove his soberness over a longer period of time. but I wouldn't write him off as do many on whichever board.

All my statements represent MY OPINION. If not, I'll say so by posting references or the like
nick6sic6
VIP

Kindness is a treasure

« Reply #845 on: September 06, 2015, 04:34:49 PM »

Can we change the title of the post to
 "Axl and Slash are cool again but noone mentioned the word friends ? "

Athens 1993,
Lisbon 2006,
Athens 2006,
Belgrade 2010,
Basel 2012,
Sofia 2012
Stockholm 2017
Prague 2022
Athens 2023
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #846 on: September 06, 2015, 05:08:56 PM »

We dont even know if they are "cool" again... Business wise? Probably. Anything else seems far fetched at best.

bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #847 on: September 06, 2015, 06:48:06 PM »

We dont even know if they are "cool" again... Business wise? Probably. Anything else seems far fetched at best.

Agreed. 

I'm terrified of Slash attempting to make a joke about Velvet Revolver finding a new singer, and watching whatever progress has been made instantly evaporate.  I just want more music from whatever version of GnR comes next...
Billo
VIP

"soon" is the word....SOON :)

« Reply #848 on: September 06, 2015, 08:11:43 PM »

Hey,,id just like to say that the fact that Axl and Slash have made a start to get over the bad blood between
 them means more to me than getting a reunion tour right away, I wish everyone would calm down and just
enjoy the fact there talking again, I saw a pic of them together on FB which turned out to be fake but just
the thought of seeing a real new pic from this year together would be awesome I think Smiley ok

If u love guns the wait it allmost over..HEHE
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #849 on: September 06, 2015, 09:14:50 PM »

I have never really understood the mocking of Adler whenever he speaks.

Yes hes made mistakes with making statements in the past... but for a band that is notorious for giving the fans little in terms of interviews (mainly Axl), i always enjoy listening to Slash, or steven or duff when they talk ANYTHING GNR. 

The most recent interview with Adler is fine... all he said was he hopes it happens.. its great Axl and Slash are speaking, that GNR owe it to the fans to do it and if it was to happen... he'd be the last to know..

it was all straight forward... he didnt say anything confrontational.. it was a fair interview.

The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #850 on: September 07, 2015, 04:01:05 AM »

As said before, Slash and Adler were a double act before joining Gn'R, yet Slash hasn't used Steven on his own projects, can't think why..... Wink
Princess Leia
« Reply #851 on: September 07, 2015, 05:25:09 AM »

As said before, Slash and Adler were a double act before joining Gn'R, yet Slash hasn't used Steven on his own projects, can't think why..... Wink

Adler collaborated in the 2010 Slash solo album. And in the HOF performance, at least Adler passed that test
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #852 on: September 07, 2015, 06:15:04 AM »

Adler collaborated in the 2010 Slash solo album. And in the HOF performance, at least Adler passed that test

Didn't Adler just play on one song on the 2010 solo album?

?I promised Steve Adler if he stayed clean long enough he could play on the record. I hadn?t played with Steven in 20 years and it was great."-slash

No idea what sort of test the RRHOF is supposed to be.

"Shut the fuck up."
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #853 on: September 07, 2015, 08:37:44 AM »

Didn't Adler just play on one song on the 2010 solo album?

?I promised Steve Adler if he stayed clean long enough he could play on the record. I hadn?t played with Steven in 20 years and it was great."-slash

No idea what sort of test the RRHOF is supposed to be.
Fair points, however he isn't on the road with him is he... And you say he passed the HOF test, in manys eyes, he failed with his hire hand scabs comments at around that moment in time... A loose cannon letting the occasion get to him, to play a few songs, gotta say he's living in the past and hasn't moved on.
Ja5oN
Rocker

Maybe I'll get it right next time

« Reply #854 on: September 07, 2015, 09:29:44 AM »

Has anyone brought up the fact that just because Slash is "cool" with Axl....maybe Axl isn't "cool" with Slash?  Not saying that is the case, but I haven't heard or seen anything to lead me believe otherwise.

The other BIG problem I see with all of this is....If Axl holds the GNR naming/branding rights and the other guys come back into the mix on a more permanent basis than playing a show here or there, then there is a shit ton of negotiating and business that would have to happen, that in my mind would be insurmountable.  Why would Slash go play as a "hired gun" for GNR, he's not going to I don't think....he is going to want a piece of the pie.  Why would Axl risk the GNR name on "employees" that potentially aren't going to play by his rules with his vision for GNR, that he has fought to create over the last decade.  Seems to me Axl has been pushing the GNR name forward for all these years and he is the one that stands to loose the most.

I am guessing we see a retooled "new GNR" and record and maybe get some more guest appearances from the orignal guys for now.  Let that simmer and stew....then sometime down the line think of a reunion tour....maybe.

I tell you CD and the Vegas runs had me more than satisfied lately.  Hoping for CD 2 next year and some more shows!

Toronto11/29/02 Ottawa11/17/06 London2/25/10
Vegas11/23&24/12 Toronto7/15/13(mic) Vegas5/28(whistle),30&31/14
Toronto7/16/16 Montreal 8/19/17 Ottawa 8/21/17
Toronto 10/29&30/17
raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #855 on: September 07, 2015, 01:44:02 PM »

Friends visit each other and keep in touch, have dinner from time to time and catch up.

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #856 on: September 07, 2015, 02:11:11 PM »

Friends visit each other and keep in touch, have dinner from time to time and catch up.

Here Is Not The Case

ok

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #857 on: September 07, 2015, 02:45:10 PM »

And you know that? Dork

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #858 on: September 07, 2015, 02:47:08 PM »

Its only 1,5 years since Slash tried his best to boycott the release of the Vegas dvd.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #859 on: September 07, 2015, 02:51:44 PM »

You have no clue what slash did or didn't do in tegards to the Vegas DVD release.

Why go down that road

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: