Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:26:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Corey Taylor On Almost Fronting Velvet Revolver 'I Was So Into That'
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Corey Taylor On Almost Fronting Velvet Revolver 'I Was So Into That'  (Read 10206 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: September 17, 2015, 03:04:46 PM »

More of our Q&A with Slipknot's Corey Taylor

September 10, 2015

So tell me about you almost fronting Velvet Revolver? That short-circuited my brain. I couldn't even ?

Corey Taylor: I was so into that. And it just didn't happen, you know. It was cool getting to jam with those guys, getting to work on music and stuff. It just seemed like it was kind of being forced on a lot of people ? not that I was there, but that they were trying to make something work. You know what I'm saying? So when word came down the pike that I didn't get it, I wasn't surprised.

And honestly, I wasn't even bummed, because apparently, Slash had said something in an interview, and then realized that I was going to read the interview before he had a chance to tell me. So he immediately got a hold of me and said, 'Hey, I feel like an ass. This is going to hit the whatever. I just wanted you to know this is what's going on.' And I was like, 'Ah, dude, it's fine. It's all good.'

Did I want the gig? Sure. But, you know, at the same time, I only wanted it if it made sense. I only wanted it if people were really, really into it. There was enough going on with that band at the time, that it didn't seem like they wanted to jam with each other, let alone jam with me.

So, for me, it was just a matter of it were meant to be, it would've happened. And I'm still friends with all those guys. So, where do I lose? You know, like, Slash knows me by name. Duff knows me by name. I talk to those guys all the time. You know, like, it is what it is. I had a really good time doing it. I got to jam with some of my heroes.

That's pretty insane. The 18-year-old you would probably be crapping himself right now.

Oh, dude, 14 ? 14-year-old me. I saw Guns N' Roses open for Aerosmith in '86. And it was probably one of the greatest concerts I ever saw in my life. They were the ? they were my Rolling Stones. You know, they were my rock 'n' roll band. And they always will be, even as Axl tries to kill the name. Um, it is what it is, but there you go.

You heard the latest, that him and Slash have buried the hatchet?

I will believe it when I buy the ticket. Let's put it that way. I mean, because nobody gets more excited about the thought of the "Appetite" lineup coming back together.

Oh my god!

That would be ? I mean, there you go. I mean, dude, I would retire from touring, because I wouldn't want to go up against that. You know what I'm saying? And then I would follow them like I was a Deadhead. Like I would just go to every show. But that's only if it's the "Appetite" lineup ? or even if it's those guys with (Matt) Sorum.

Right.

Because I know that Steven (Adler) has some physical issues, but he can still play, man. I've seen him play. He can jam, dude. That dude knows how to pound.

I think that might be one of the singular greatest rock 'n' roll albums of all time.

Oh, dude, it's, top to bottom ? yeah, it's one of those albums that you cannot listen to and not go, 'Holy s---!' Like you put it on, and you feel it, even if you're not into the music, you feel it. There's something so dirty and so raw and so amazing about that album. And the songs are amazing. You know, people like to talk about the production or the attitude ? those f------ songs are ridiculous!

And do you remember how much of a paradigm shifter that was when it came out, because it sounded like nothing else. It literally sounded like nothing else.

It destroyed!

I remember when I got that cassette. I think I was a sophomore in high school. It literally blew my mind.

It was the one album that all my metal friends, all my skater friends, all my punk friends, all my hard rock friends could agree on.

It was the one album that you could throw on at a party and no one complained ?

? and everyone would love it. There were no complaints whatsoever.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/entertainment/music/more-our-qa-slipknots-corey-taylor

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2015, 03:27:52 PM »

Never liked the idea of Velvet Revolver with anybody other than Scott fronting it...

Very cool quotes about him wanting to see Appetite reunion.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2015, 03:57:53 PM »

what a moron

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2015, 09:42:20 PM »

Thanks funk, great read.

Taylor is one of the coolest guys out there, doesn't take himself too seriously and is still a fan at heart. yes

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2015, 07:25:11 AM »

what a moron

While I would agree that 98% of what I've seen in interviews, etc... with him pretty much proves he's a moron. Are you just generally saying he's a moron, or are you saying something he said in that interview makes him a moron?
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2015, 08:32:39 AM »

first of all, people who have an opinion about everything, I usually can't stand.

anytime I've read something online when he plays Mister BigMouth, I think he's ridiculous.
I mean, bashing people is a talent, almost an art. that guy is not talented in this area.

in that particular interview, how dumb is his "even as Axl tries to kill the name"

maybe he could try to take some time to write a good song for once, I'm sure it could
helps having gigs.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2015, 06:45:24 PM »

Never new he was nearly 50 years old
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2015, 10:56:49 PM »

in that particular interview, how dumb is his "even as Axl tries to kill the name"

I tend to agree... but this is not an unpopular opinion. Most people are not on board with what has happened since the original (AFD/UYI) lineup has left the fold. This is why the reunion rumors gain steam/legs very quickly. A very very large segment of the population aren't behind Guns 2.0 and 3.0... which is why I get more and more worried that a 4.0 is on the horizon.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2015, 08:53:48 PM »

I'd still rather hear VR with Josh Todd or Bach than Taylor.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2016, 10:10:19 AM »

Thank God that didn't work out. I hate that fucking tool.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: