Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 04:47:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227795 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Top 20 Hyped Albums That Utterly Disappointed
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Top 20 Hyped Albums That Utterly Disappointed  (Read 23070 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2016, 10:16:45 AM »

I think you are making this a bigger deal than it has to be, frankly.  But you tend to be an emotional sort, so I can't quite claim unfair surprise.

Moving on.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2016, 10:28:03 AM »

That is some funny shit. You still think you have some kind of emotional effect on me. Cheesy

Moving on, that's what you do when you got nothing.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2016, 10:36:57 AM »

I just think we are talking about a long shot.  No more, no less.

At least, that's the conversation I was having with Thorned Rose.  They gave their take, I gave mine.  It's all pretty clinical.

With you, I can't tell if its just having the opinion or daring to verbalize it that frosts you more.  But I think its a hard sell you don't have a emotional stake in this debate.

There's telling a guy he is wrong, and telling a guy he is wrong and he better shut up about it, and better shut up about it right god damn now.  And that's without even getting into the armchair psychoanalysis.  These are not steps taken by a guy taking it light.

Way it is.  Perception is almost always reality.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2016, 10:46:58 AM »

I was asking you for an easy yes/no answer, but you failed to give one. Instead you post a whole bunch of nothing.

Thorned Rose and Voodoochild understood my point.
You, not so much. Maybe you don't want to understand it, not sure.

Business as usual with you.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2016, 10:51:57 AM »

I was asking you for an easy yes/no answer, but you failed to give one. Instead you post a whole bunch of nothing.

Thorned Rose and Voodoochild understood my point.
You, not so much. Maybe you don't want to understand it, not sure.

Business as usual with you.

We disagree, brah.  Is what it is.

You still insist all of our conversations end with me seeing the error of my ways and rallying to your side.  Occasionally, I do.  Mostly, I do not.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2016, 10:53:42 AM »

I stopped expecting anything from discussions involving you a long time ago. Let alone insisting on anything.

Don't worry.

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2016, 11:08:45 AM »

I stopped expecting anything from discussions involving you a long time ago. Let alone insisting on anything.

Don't worry.

Then put that into action.  By all means, please.

You ran over here like a puppy that heard the dinner bell when you saw I had answered Thorned Rose.  Only to then attempt to engage me in a conversation you allegedly find to be a waste of your time.

Doesn't add up.  Methinks the Jarmo doth protest too much. 

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2016, 11:29:38 AM »

Your disregard for thinking is amusing.

I saw a post and I understood the point being made, so I responded. Obviously you had trouble understanding, along with anything that goes against your view of the world.

Your pity party about being singled out is old news. You just post a lot of nonsense that I don't agree with, or sometimes just can't relate to.....
Sorry if that bothers you.

Do you wanna know what doesn't add up? Look in the mirror.

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2016, 11:35:53 AM »

Your pity party about being singled out is old news. You just post a lot of nonsense that I don't agree with, or sometimes just can't relate to.....
Sorry if that bothers you.

It doesn't.

I just dispute the notion that you aren't getting something of value (as you see it) out of all these supposedly unproductive conversations we have.  You are clearly digging it on some level, or maybe several levels.

If I had to speculate :

- affirming your "true fan" cred
- show of strength for the rest of the gang here
- just like the banter

I would make a prediction as to which of the three I think is in the lead.  But we all know what happens to my prediction posts.  Don't we?

Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2016, 12:04:56 PM »

Why do you have it out so bad with Jarmo man?

I'm not the most popular guy here... we all know that, but I enjoy the board and the site. You need to show more respect for Jarmo.

I mean its all well and good arguing and debating or whatever it might be. Some things are opinion and some things are just stupid. Coming from me... if I don't understand you sometimes then that is bad.

I mean you clearly have some sort of "one up" issue with Jarmo. He runs this site. He owns this site.

Show some respect and stop bickering with him without any real substance.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2016, 12:11:43 PM »

If I had to speculate :

- affirming your "true fan" cred

I don't need to respond to your posts to gain/lose any cred. I've had this site for almost 20 years. I think that should give you an idea of "cred".

- show of strength for the rest of the gang here

Unlike you, I don't really care what the average person here, or elsewhere, think of me. I'm not here to maintain some kind of online image or anything. Are you?

- just like the banter

It's a discussion forum. You're one of the few people who has a problem with me responding to your posts.
And this from the self proclaimed discussion fanatic and mind reader!
The same guy who choose to ignore posts when it suits his needs... The same guy who knows how I feel, yet he's the one who gets annoyed.

Riiiight....  Smiley

/jarmo

Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2016, 12:13:44 PM »

Back on topic...

If you think that this reunion of the classic parts makes a new album and that doesn't help CD in popularity or bring in new fans you're crazy dude.

The last 10 years or so music isn't rock n roll. People still like it, but when you've got all these bands like FIve Finger Death Punch (lame) and stuff like that...and with their being just 1 new Gn'R album in the last 20+ years... young fans most likely don't know that CD even came out probably.

I'm just saying man.. any real sustained pressure by this reunion will really help Chinese Democracy's legacy and importance. They'll be playing these songs live too. You're just wanting to argue with someone Dx... most people don't dig and research about bands. Espeically newer/younger people in rock. It's all spoon fed on their iphones and stuff. No one buys magazines anymore. This reunion news will be great for everything Gn'R and it will bring in new fans to their most shrouded album of mystery and turmoil...

Chinese Democracy

give it a rest man

But don't damn me
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2016, 12:16:28 PM »

Imagine hearing Guns N' Roses on your radio, your Spotify app or whatever. So you search for more tracks since you liked it.

At what point do you start focusing on who plays on what track?

/jarmo

Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2016, 12:21:53 PM »

Right. That is what I'm saying in a way.

Someone new to the band hears about the reunion news... or mainly my point is focused on new music. They hear a new Gn'R single on the radio or online whatever. Or read an article about it. If that newer clueless fan likes the track... they will probably look up the band and see what is going on and they will see this crazy history. They will see the "last" album was in 2008 and they'll read the drama and the long wait behind it, and they will just be interested in it in general. It will bring a whole new fanbase to that album and other albums of peopel that missed out.

CD was hyped when it was out, then faded quickly in general. It hit high and fizzled over time like most albums do. This reunion will be just fantastic for CD, which is a great album that gets swept under the rug in the media. It fucking sucks.

I don't know if people will care about who plays on what track at first. For me. I know I care about those things. but who knows what others might do.

But don't damn me
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2016, 09:51:48 PM »

I don't know if people will care about who plays on what track at first. For me. I know I care about those things. but who knows what others might do.
I think there will be people with prejudice before even having listening to the album. But like I said, some songs they won't even notice it comes from a different lineup. I can imagine people thinking I Don't Care About You is from the new band, for example. Tongue

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: