Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 14, 2024, 10:12:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228040 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Reunion Tour???
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Reunion Tour???  (Read 152829 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #800 on: December 28, 2015, 04:56:40 PM »

But it is possible. So when people post here how they prefer one of the modern lineups, they're not necessarily doing it to be difficult. It just might be their true feelings. And who are we to tell them they're wrong, crazy, etc.?

True.

But I think if they are looking for equal time, they can be told to get real.

If this actually all pans out and this miracle comes to pass, a guy demanding to be heard, dammit, because he wishes it was the 2002 line-up...well, he's going to struggle for an audience.

So its not that their opinion itself is invalid.  Its more a case of taking the temperature of the room first and realizing, not to be a jerk about it, but no one cares.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #801 on: December 28, 2015, 04:58:50 PM »

This board is going to be very interesting over the next few months to see which way this all goes.

I see 2 things that will happen :

1) The mood will improve.  How can it not?  We'll have our best news in decades and most of us will be on the same page for the first time in forever.

2) The people that only want to fight and insist on everything being Thunderdome will be exposed, right quick.  You are going to have to work sort of overtime to drum up conflict.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #802 on: December 28, 2015, 05:03:16 PM »

This board is going to be very interesting over the next few months to see which way this all goes.

I see 2 things that will happen :

1) The mood will improve.  How can it not?  We'll have our best news in decades and most of us will be on the same page for the first time in forever.

2) The people that only want to fight and insist on everything being Thunderdome will be exposed, right quick.  You are going to have to work sort of overtime to drum up conflict.

I think point 2 is interesting.

And I think the main point of argument will be if this isn't a full reunion that's where the arguments will lie. And as I said, I'd prefer Izzy and Steven or Matt than the alternative too, but u won't find me barking up that tree on here because if we get Duff, Slash and Axl on stage then that's a million miles better then what we've had since 93 in my eyes.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #803 on: December 28, 2015, 05:04:20 PM »

But it is possible. So when people post here how they prefer one of the modern lineups, they're not necessarily doing it to be difficult. It just might be their true feelings. And who are we to tell them they're wrong, crazy, etc.?

True.

If this actually all pans out and this miracle comes to pass, a guy demanding to be heard, dammit, because he wishes it was the 2002 line-up...well, he's going to struggle for an audience.

So its not that their opinion itself is invalid.  Its more a case of taking the temperature of the room first and realizing, not to be a jerk about it, but no one cares.
Well, nothing is official just yet, so we'll see what happens. I would doubt many people would stop in to talk about Robin and Bucket if all this stuff does indeed go down. If they do, there'll be a section for that. Dead Horse. Circle of life.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #804 on: December 28, 2015, 05:07:31 PM »

Here is what I don't get.

You were willing to roll with Axl and NO ONE for 15 years.  Just he and a bunch of dudes.  That?  That was fine.

Now he is finally ready to swap out some of the nameless and faceless for the real deal...and because he's not doing it across the board, its unacceptable?  You are staying home??

These are people that would curse the darkness rather than simply light a candle.  Seek help, folks.

I think you offering advice to people is pure comedy. Considering we've seen your reaction when others do the same to you. No offense, but come on!  hihi

Also, why the need to put your negative spin on everything?
Tommy Stinson is a NO ONE? Really?

This is what I don't get about you. Your constant need to put the band down. It's almost like you don't like GN'R all that much. No matter what your bright red signature claims, it's constant cheap shots at GN'R. Year in and year out. Must be that chip on your shoulder...

Bring your negativity down a few notches. Don't forget you're still not on one of your wrestling fan forums, this is still a GN'R fan site. Thanks.  ok

It is possible for people to prefer 2002 GNR over the 1987 version, as difficult that may be for you to believe. People have different tastes. It's nothing new really.

Yeah, imagine that.

Some things won't change.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #805 on: December 28, 2015, 05:09:06 PM »

True.

Telling someone that no one cares about their perspective or viewpoint is a way of attempting to invalidate their perspective without actually saying their perspective is invalid, per se. I don't see how it's conducive to any sort of productive and respectful dialogue.

Ali
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #806 on: December 28, 2015, 05:12:24 PM »

I think you offering advice to people is pure comedy. Considering we've seen your reaction when others do the same to you. No offense, but come on!  hihi

Also, why the need to put your negative spin on everything?
Tommy Stinson is a NO ONE? Really?

This is what I don't get about you. Your constant need to put the band down. It's almost like you don't like GN'R all that much. No matter what your bright red signature claims, it's constant cheap shots at GN'R. Year in and year out. Must be that chip on your shoulder...

Bring your negativity down a few notches. Don't forget you're still not on one of your wrestling fan forums, this is still a GN'R fan site. Thanks.  ok

God bless a timely example.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #807 on: December 28, 2015, 05:13:22 PM »

Hey, why not just stop being so negative? Problem solved.  ok

Edited to add: Most of your posts seem to be fishing for attention. And you got it. Smiley

/jarmo
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 05:16:51 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #808 on: December 28, 2015, 05:14:29 PM »

Telling someone that no one cares about their perspective or viewpoint is a way of attempting to invalidate their perspective without actually saying their perspective is invalid, per se. I don't see how it's conducive to any sort of productive and respectful dialogue.

Fortunately, I don't think there is going to be a real high volume of anything but giddiness and euphoria in 2 weeks time, if this all comes together.

I don't think this one is going to be a real problem.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #809 on: December 28, 2015, 05:17:15 PM »

Yeah, if something is announced shortly, more than 95% of the fans will be on board instantly.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #810 on: December 28, 2015, 05:18:32 PM »

Yeah, if something is announced shortly, more than 95% of the fans will be on board instantly.

I would think so.

Probably even see a bunch of old faces that haven't been seen in a bit too, I reckon.

OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #811 on: December 28, 2015, 05:20:45 PM »

What's everyone put the % chance at, that there is an announcement next week?

50/50 for me
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #812 on: December 28, 2015, 05:22:05 PM »

50/50 for me

Not sure on the actual date, but I think you have to really suspend some disbelief to say its never coming.

But maybe its for a tour of their own, and no festival angle.

Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #813 on: December 28, 2015, 05:22:47 PM »

I saw a couple of comments on youtube from Fans, saying that Axl finally sold out, and that they are no longer fans. (Because of the reunion)

Some fans stuck with Axl throughout the years and now feel cheated. They feel cheated because he is getting back together with Slash and didn't quite deliver on the whole Chinese Democracy vision.

This is not my point of view by the way, Its just what Ive seen on comments from random people.

So, Yes it is possible to be a fan of Axl/New GNR and not old GNR.

But to those people I say: Hey, at least Axl tried. Im sure he's tired of going against the current. Maybe he was not able to give us his full vision of what he wanted to do with rock n roll.  But we did get a small glimpse of it with Chinese Democracy.

Maybe he wants things to go ''swimmingly'' and relax for a change and he thinks this reunion will do just that.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #814 on: December 28, 2015, 05:23:24 PM »

50/50 for me

I think, by starting with teaser spots they've sort of narrowed down the time space they've got to work with. They can't wait a month to say anything after starting such a campaign, the momentum would be lost by then. Waste of money.

I'll say within 10 days.

Sweetness is a virtue
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #815 on: December 28, 2015, 05:23:51 PM »

I find the comments amusing to be honest.
For years, it's been about how it's "not the real GN'R". So now there's all these rumors, and some of those people have switched focus to things like "no Izzy, then I'm not going". Or "it's a cash grab".

Hilarious. Cheesy

And to be honest, the ones who've been unhappy for the last 20 years, if the rumored thing happens, I have a hard time assuming they'll suddenly turn into "fan boys" like the rest of us. Gotta be objective you know....  hihi

/jarmo

Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #816 on: December 28, 2015, 05:25:13 PM »

50/50 for me

I think, by starting with teaser spots they've sort of narrowed down the time space they've got to work with. They can't wait a month to say anything after starting such a campaign, the momentum would be lost by then. Waste of money.

I'll say within 10 days.

You do know this sort of thing has happened in the past right ?  Grin

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #817 on: December 28, 2015, 05:26:05 PM »

I'll say within 10 days.

Yeah, that's a good point.

Hard to see springing for this and then not announcing until say, April.

Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #818 on: December 28, 2015, 05:28:39 PM »

It is possible for people to prefer 2002 GNR over the 1987 version, as difficult that may be for you to believe. People have different tastes. It's nothing new really.

True.

But I tend to be a sheer numbers guy in times like this.  The overwhelming majority of the fanbase prefers the older stuff and the classic line-up.

That fact that you might be able to point to some outliers thinking the opposite is vaild, in the sense they do, in fact, exist.  But I'd argue rather inconsequential in the grand scheme given their small size.

Exactly.  It has to be a minority of a minority of a minority amount of people that prefer NuGuns over Classic Guns.  I mean, how many people prefer Phantom Menace to Return of the Jedi (great analogy, btw).  I'm sure they exist, but not in any significant manner.  Christ, look at the songs they played...NuGuns even preferred the Classic lineup!

IMO, some people view it as the ultimate homage to Axl...continuing to fight for his (soon to be changed) vision of Guns.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #819 on: December 28, 2015, 05:30:49 PM »

And to be honest, the ones who've been unhappy for the last 20 years, if the rumored thing happens, I have a hard time assuming they'll suddenly turn into "fan boys" like the rest of us. Gotta be objective you know....  hihi

Well, yeah.... it'll be interesting to see how that plays out.

Many will probably all of the sudden be more "forgiving" if anything less than good happens during a tour.  hihi

From all the years I've spent on different forums, some people certainly have a chip on their shoulder when it comes to Axl.

Sweetness is a virtue
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: