Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 07:45:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rumor: GNR reunion may not include all classic members
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rumor: GNR reunion may not include all classic members  (Read 42411 times)
AHUGEAxlFan
Rocker

« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2015, 07:02:30 PM »

Does anyone hold any weight to what Vicky Hamilton said about texting with slash?

I find it very hard to believe he would confide in her about anything.

If they're told not to say anything to spoil the secret until the official anounement then it makes sense he wouldn't tell her.  

I guess what i am suggesting is... does anyone think he would tell her the truth regardless?
uhh lol no. I don't think anyone except the official gnr or Axl would announce a reunion. That's probably why everyone is so quiet, kinda like how they didn't want bbf to announce his departure until it was time (over a year later)

Join the new GNR forum. GNRnow.com we need help.

I love gnr, I hope you do to! Great band

-HugeAxlfan
Annie
« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2015, 07:23:24 PM »

Does anyone hold any weight to what Vicky Hamilton said about texting with slash?

I find it very hard to believe he would confide in her about anything.

If they're told not to say anything to spoil the secret until the official anounement then it makes sense he wouldn't tell her.  

I guess what i am suggesting is... does anyone think he would tell her the truth regardless?
And if she had any integrity or loyalty this would have never been made public. He should delete her from his contacts.
fozzie10
Headliner

« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2015, 07:32:55 PM »

Its not really a reunion now if it happens now is it?As someone said an evolution of the band maybe but not a reunion.

If it comes to pass and Frank and Richard do fill their roles (Dizzy was always going to be there surely)i dont have an issue as such but i do hope at some point through the tour Steven is wheeled on (if hes fit enough of course his health is paramount) and Izzy pops in to say hello.
Annie
« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2015, 07:36:55 PM »

Its not really a reunion now if it happens now is it?As someone said an evolution of the band maybe but not a reunion.

If it comes to pass and Frank and Richard do fill their roles (Dizzy was always going to be there surely)i dont have an issue as such but i do hope at some point through the tour Steven is wheeled on (if hes fit enough of course his health is paramount) and Izzy pops in to say hello.
I will be very happy with whatever GNR brings to the table EXCEPT including Stevie in anything real or imagined.
(t)
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2015, 07:44:35 PM »

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/rumor-guns-n-roses-reunion-wont-be-all-original-members/ I know that this was already a rumor but still, good thread to make.

I'd love to see Richard, fortus, dizzy, and Axl play with slash and duff. I think its happening (atleast something with Frank and Richard) !!!  ok peace

Hey, The Pulse of Radio stole our rumor.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2015, 07:48:31 PM »

See now this line up news actually excites me.    My perfect world scenario for a "reunion" is Slash and Duff contribute to what exists already as far as new music and we get a new record with this line up along with a tour.  I never got the feeling from what I've heard or read that  Izzy would want to commit to something like this and Steven is well, Steven.  

Lets be realistic here for those of you who are talking about ticket sales.  You know damn well a line up with Axl, Slash and Duff is going to sell exactly the same as a line up of the complete "AFD" line up so why kid yourselves?  The "big three" as they are being called on different websites right now were playing even bigger venues with Gilby and Sorum in the early 90's than the "AFD" line up ever played.  For the casual rock fan who bitches about "it not being really GNR"  Slash and Duff being back in the band would shut all of them up.  Not some of them, ALL of them.  Nobody bitched about the band name back in 1993.

Once again, I am not a big nostalgia person.  It would be really cool to see the band move forward with some new music along with playing all the old stuff.  But  if they decide to only tour and play the old stuff, well I will be first row at the first show for that as well.

On a side note, the reason I am such a huge fan of this particular line up news is because the current line up has been busting their ass night in and night out  for years.   I have seen a whole bunch of amazing GNR shows because of them.   I don't think it is right if they still want to be in the band to just push them aside to make way for a guy like  Steven Adler.  That would be complete bullshit.  Sure you will still have people bitch and moan at first about it not being a "full reunion" but they'll get over it real fast, and you all know it.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2015, 08:03:35 PM »

Question about you sig, how could it be disappointing if Richard said its a big year? If he is right, we will either get a reunion, gnr tour, or gnr album, or both, or all!!! I guess the only way to be disappointed is either if they don't report, or their "big announcements" are all just t shirt deals on their site....

I put zero stock in anything said by anyone in the current band that is not Axl Rose.

It's not Richard's fault, but those guys have been burned too many times to count over the years.

Its all or nothing, because of this talk right now.  If it pans out, it will be the best times in GNR fandom in decades.

It blows up, you are going to see a mix of bitter disappointment and even fits of anger.  Remember the RNR HOF, right after that?  And I mean the real world after that, not Axl's alternate universe after that where every one thought it was awesome. 

People were bummed out.

But, at least then, they still had something of a band as a plan B.  Optimal outcome denied, but plausible alternative available.

What's the plan B now though?  What's the plausible alternative available?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2015, 08:06:13 PM »

Lets be realistic here for those of you who are talking about ticket sales.  You know damn well a line up with Axl, Slash and Duff is going to sell exactly the same as a line up of the complete "AFD" line up so why kid yourselves?  The "big three" as they are being called on different websites right now were playing even bigger venues with Gilby and Sorum in the early 90's than the "AFD" line up ever played.  For the casual rock fan who bitches about "it not being really GNR"  Slash and Duff being back in the band would shut all of them up.  Not some of them, ALL of them.  Nobody bitched about the band name back in 1993.

Sure you will still have people bitch and moan at first about it not being a "full reunion" but they'll get over it real fast, and you all know it.

Yep.

Learn it, live it, love it. 

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2015, 08:18:24 PM »

I will be very happy with whatever GNR brings to the table EXCEPT including Stevie in anything real or imagined.

I am having a hard time trying to figure out why you feel like this?

Virolec
Rocker

« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2015, 08:22:50 PM »

I think Bodhi has hit the nail on the head - as long as Axl and Slash (and perhaps to a lesser extent Duff) are involved, most people will be more than satisfied with that.  I'd love to see Izzy in there, too - but honestly I don't care greatly who's banging the drums at the back of the stage.

Also, am I the only one who finds the speculations about Steven's mental health/ addictions to be rather tasteless? 

Nargle them.  Fargle them.  Nargle-fargle them.
Annie
« Reply #50 on: November 16, 2015, 08:24:37 PM »

because I don't like him, and I think he is very unreliable. I don't think he has fully quit his drug addiction.
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #51 on: November 16, 2015, 08:26:46 PM »

because I don't like him, and I think he is very unreliable. I don't think he has fully quit his drug addiction.

Fair enough, each to their own.

I personally don't see why he couldnt play some selected gigs that suited everyone, hes still very capable on the appetite stuff.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 08:28:21 PM by OscarAxl22 » Logged
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #52 on: November 16, 2015, 08:51:07 PM »

Also, am I the only one who finds the speculations about Steven's mental health/ addictions to be rather tasteless? 

That line about him killing them all if he wasn't included was a direct quote.

Said in jest, obviously.  But said.

AHUGEAxlFan
Rocker

« Reply #53 on: November 16, 2015, 08:57:22 PM »

It's not going to be a full reunion,it will still be a reunion, like in 1993, izzy joined, 2006, izzy joined, 2012 izzy joined, 2012 Robin joined, 2014 duff joined etc... I don't think there will every be a full reunion but I'd love to see Axl, slash, and duff rock out some AFD with Richard being awesome and Frank nailing the songs, sounds good to me.

-HugeAxlfan
AHUGEAxlFan
Rocker

« Reply #54 on: November 16, 2015, 08:58:06 PM »

he is also out of his mind.

-HugeAxlfan
AHUGEAxlFan
Rocker

« Reply #55 on: November 16, 2015, 09:01:29 PM »

Question about you sig, how could it be disappointing if Richard said its a big year? If he is right, we will either get a reunion, gnr tour, or gnr album, or both, or all!!! I guess the only way to be disappointed is either if they don't report, or their "big announcements" are all just t shirt deals on their site....

I put zero stock in anything said by anyone in the current band that is not Axl Rose.

It's not Richard's fault, but those guys have been burned too many times to count over the years.

Its all or nothing, because of this talk right now.  If it pans out, it will be the best times in GNR fandom in decades.

It blows up, you are going to see a mix of bitter disappointment and even fits of anger.  Remember the RNR HOF, right after that?  And I mean the real world after that, not Axl's alternate universe after that where every one thought it was awesome. 

People were bummed out.

But, at least then, they still had something of a band as a plan B.  Optimal outcome denied, but plausible alternative available.

What's the plan B now though?  What's the plausible alternative available?

I was disappointed when they even announced the classic lineup for induction, unless I truly knew they would all be there. At that moments, I thought there could be no way all of them will be there. I think people will be happy either way, probably more disappointed with a tour, more excited for a reunion and gnr album. I stay positive, I can see how many will probably be disappointed even if Steven and Izzy are not attending a reunion. But, ya know. We only live once, got to see what there is to see.

-HugeAxlfan
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #56 on: November 16, 2015, 10:33:23 PM »

Even if its only announced as a tour, people will inevitably hope things progress from there.

overmatik
« Reply #57 on: November 16, 2015, 10:38:31 PM »

I just find it odd that the lineup would be cemented already, as the chemistry between them is something that would only be visible after they started jamming. Who is to say that they will gel? Is not about technical abilities, but a lot of feeling is involved, and this seems to be really important for Slash.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #58 on: November 16, 2015, 11:16:26 PM »

I just find it odd that the lineup would be cemented already, as the chemistry between them is something that would only be visible after they started jamming. Who is to say that they will gel? Is not about technical abilities, but a lot of feeling is involved, and this seems to be really important for Slash.

I agree , but how do we know they haven't jammed already?  There's only a handful of people I'm sure that know what has been going on behind closed doors.  I do think it is unlikely considering it would be hard to keep that a secret if they did, but who knows?  It's all speculation at this point.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 11:20:24 PM by Bodhi » Logged
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #59 on: November 16, 2015, 11:19:39 PM »

people are going ape shit over this. hope you arent let down if it doesnt pan out...

to see all this buzz surrounding the band is pretty exciting. i dont think ive ever seen anything like this yet in my short time as a forum user.

what would people do at this point if ax said nope, no reunion, but heres a remix of cd? this is already like something out of a cartoon, but that would be so over the top. id be stoked to have the music (neutral about this reunion business), and so would some others, but i think in general people would be pissed. i personally would be laughing my ass off. not out of spite though. it would be more like out of amazement that he was actually free enough inside himself to do something like that despite all the pressure coming from outside in favor of a reunion.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: