Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 06:18:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rumor: GNR reunion may not include all classic members
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rumor: GNR reunion may not include all classic members  (Read 42403 times)
AHUGEAxlFan
Rocker

« Reply #60 on: November 17, 2015, 07:20:23 AM »

See now this line up news actually excites me.    My perfect world scenario for a "reunion" is Slash and Duff contribute to what exists already as far as new music and we get a new record with this line up along with a tour.  I never got the feeling from what I've heard or read that  Izzy would want to commit to something like this and Steven is well, Steven.  

Lets be realistic here for those of you who are talking about ticket sales.  You know damn well a line up with Axl, Slash and Duff is going to sell exactly the same as a line up of the complete "AFD" line up so why kid yourselves?  The "big three" as they are being called on different websites right now were playing even bigger venues with Gilby and Sorum in the early 90's than the "AFD" line up ever played.  For the casual rock fan who bitches about "it not being really GNR"  Slash and Duff being back in the band would shut all of them up.  Not some of them, ALL of them.  Nobody bitched about the band name back in 1993.

Once again, I am not a big nostalgia person.  It would be really cool to see the band move forward with some new music along with playing all the old stuff.  But  if they decide to only tour and play the old stuff, well I will be first row at the first show for that as well.

On a side note, the reason I am such a huge fan of this particular line up news is because the current line up has been busting their ass night in and night out  for years.   I have seen a whole bunch of amazing GNR shows because of them.   I don't think it is right if they still want to be in the band to just push them aside to make way for a guy like  Steven Adler.  That would be complete bullshit.  Sure you will still have people bitch and moan at first about it not being a "full reunion" but they'll get over it real fast, and you all know it.
exactly. It's basically what could of happen if izzy and Steven left. It brings the old sound, and new sound together

Join the new GNR forum. GNRnow.com we need help.

I love gnr, I hope you do to! Great band

-HugeAxlfan
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #61 on: November 17, 2015, 08:37:00 AM »

I dont see why they would kick out Pitman. Does Slash think hes a bedroom keyboard player?

Are they bringin back Teddy zig zag Andreas to play the extra keyboard parts? Or are they sticking to ADF/Lies material only?

Also they would need a third guitarist to play post 1994 songs.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #62 on: November 17, 2015, 08:55:34 AM »

I dont see why they would kick out Pitman. Does Slash think hes a bedroom keyboard player?

Are they bringin back Teddy zig zag Andreas to play the extra keyboard parts? Or are they sticking to ADF/Lies material only?

Also they would need a third guitarist to play post 1994 songs.

True about Pitman. There's absolutely no reason to kick him out, especially if there's new stuff coming out some day. Quality musician right there.

But I don't think a third guitarist would be essential to play songs from CD. GN'R has never sounded the same live and that's one of the reasons the band is so amazing Smiley But of course, they'd need "some" adjustments to play these songs.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #63 on: November 17, 2015, 10:54:05 AM »

Keeping Pittman aboard would be your best indicator they will do post 2000 material.

Really don't need him if its just classic stuff.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #64 on: November 17, 2015, 10:58:36 AM »

Keeping Pittman aboard would be your best indicator they will do post 2000 material.

He's not essential to the older stuff, but he still does make a contribution to the songs. Gives the songs a little bit of an updated sound.

The Use Your Illusion tour was also done with two keyboardists...

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #65 on: November 17, 2015, 10:59:47 AM »

Bah, to keep him in or out. NObody really cares. But if he's out, all the better, No 'little farts'' sounds on Better.

I personally Think Fortus and Frank is a great combo to Slash and Duff. Richard already looks like Izzy, and Frank to me had an edgier grittier more RnR sound than Brain which made the overall sound of the band sound great live.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #66 on: November 17, 2015, 11:08:40 AM »

I never got Chris' appeal or considered him essential personnel.

He just seems like a guy with a goofy nickname people latched onto, for mostly ironic reasons.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #67 on: November 17, 2015, 11:10:06 AM »

He just seems like a guy with a goofy nickname people latched onto, for mostly ironic reasons.

Well, he did write songs on Chinese.

Sweetness is a virtue
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #68 on: November 17, 2015, 11:20:47 AM »

Exactly. Check the credits.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #69 on: November 17, 2015, 11:25:56 AM »

Well, he did write songs on Chinese.

True.  But so did Paul Huge, and I don't see any clamoring for him either.

But you know what I'm talking about.  Stuff like "Pittman Is GNR" and "Mother Goose Starts Now!!".  And of course, all the 'Silkworms' jokes.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #70 on: November 17, 2015, 12:01:20 PM »

Just because you got some attention seekers thinking they're funny, it doesn't mean shit.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #71 on: November 17, 2015, 12:04:13 PM »

Richard already looks like Izzy

Oh right, that's why he got the job in the first place. What could be more important?

Ps. Silkworms is great!

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #72 on: November 17, 2015, 12:58:17 PM »

Btw... as far as Richard and Frank hanging in there for this hybrid thing..

Isn't it known that Slash likes Richard and offered him a gig once...

So if izzy doesn't want the gig.. he makes perfect sense to remain on right?

Or as the third player with Izzy and Slash.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #73 on: November 17, 2015, 01:19:38 PM »

But you know what I'm talking about.  Stuff like "Pittman Is GNR" and "Mother Goose Starts Now!!".  And of course, all the 'Silkworms' jokes.

I know what you're talking about, but that doesn't mean the complete opposite of those sarcastic statements is the truth.

Sweetness is a virtue
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #74 on: November 17, 2015, 01:25:14 PM »

Does anyone else feel that this 'reunion' may take more of the form of a Chinese Democracy-type GNR tour, with Slash and/or Duff dropping in occasionally? That's definitely what I'm starting to think.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #75 on: November 17, 2015, 01:28:13 PM »

I don't like the hybrid thing at all.  Angry

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #76 on: November 17, 2015, 01:30:30 PM »

I don't like the hybrid thing at all.  Angry

The theory that Axl is filling spots with Slash and Duff rather than reuniting the band makes sense, Axl wouldn't want to sack Richard or Frank.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #77 on: November 17, 2015, 01:31:00 PM »

Its not really a reunion now if it happens now is it?As someone said an evolution of the band maybe but not a reunion.

If it comes to pass and Frank and Richard do fill their roles (Dizzy was always going to be there surely)i dont have an issue as such but i do hope at some point through the tour Steven is wheeled on (if hes fit enough of course his health is paramount) and Izzy pops in to say hello.
I will be very happy with whatever GNR brings to the table EXCEPT including Stevie in anything real or imagined.

I am having a hard time trying to figure out why you feel like this?

I feel exactly the same way, FYI.

I don't think Steven would be reliable, or healthy, enough to do the kind of touring (and press, etc) that this would entail.  I just don't. He's a big risk, and...honestly...have you seen anything to make you think he's worthy of that risk? Besides being a cool guy?

He's had health issues.  He's had sobriety issues. He's had "foot in mouth" issues.  Literally in that order of importance.

I can see having him guest for a show or two, here and there.  But in terms of depending on him for a worldwide, enormous, tour?  

I'm sorry....cool or not....I don't see it.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #78 on: November 17, 2015, 01:31:39 PM »

Does anyone else feel that this 'reunion' may take more of the form of a Chinese Democracy-type GNR tour, with Slash and/or Duff dropping in occasionally? That's definitely what I'm starting to think.

Are you thinking that Axl will hire another new guitarist as a permanent member, and then Slash and Duff will replace him and Tommy occasionally in some concerts?

Sweetness is a virtue
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #79 on: November 17, 2015, 01:33:41 PM »

Not really.

How would you promote it?  The fan that gets the show with Slash would obviously get the better deal than the guy who got Axl's latest rando.

And what of that latest rando?  Is he told he's not needed some nights?  That can't make you feel great.

You could also charge more for Slash than you could a for some rando, I imagine.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: