Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 03:24:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Can the GN'R fanbase EVER be satisfied?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Can the GN'R fanbase EVER be satisfied?  (Read 51179 times)
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #60 on: November 23, 2015, 04:45:20 PM »

The Reunion starts and stops with Axl.

It really is that simple. Everything in between is just tiny speedbumps.

If Axl wants this.... it happens.

If he doesnt. It doesnt.
CherryGarcia
Rocker

« Reply #61 on: November 23, 2015, 04:46:26 PM »

As we both know, some people have agendas which would spite people who love the old band, if they can't get what they want. These people are in positions of power and will end up stopping any form of reunion simply because they fear it will get in the way of CD2. Sad but true - the fans will this time destroy the band.

Can you elaborate?

Because initially, I assumed you were talking about TB.  And I can't say I see that as the problem that some do, because ultimately, they are going to do whatever the boss man says.

But how can the fans hurt this?  A bunch of yo-yos longing for Robin Finck?

TB + Their Allies/Supporters + Backlash to hybrid reunion = death of any reunion
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #62 on: November 23, 2015, 04:52:27 PM »

TB + Their Allies/Supporters + Backlash to hybrid reunion = death of any reunion

Like Oscar just said, if Axl wants this, it happens.

I really can't imagine a scenario where he wants it and they work against him.

If you want to tell me they won't be real proactive trying to make it happen, that, I can believe.  But not to the point they would defy Axl.  That ain't happening.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
CherryGarcia
Rocker

« Reply #63 on: November 23, 2015, 04:54:08 PM »

If you want to tell me they won't be real proactive trying to make it happen, that, I can believe.  But not to the point they would defy Axl.  That ain't happening.

There's ways to defy someone and screw up someone's plans without saying to their face. That, I can believe, will happen.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #64 on: November 23, 2015, 04:55:36 PM »

Well, yeah, that's true.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #65 on: November 23, 2015, 04:56:52 PM »

As we both know, some people have agendas which would spite people who love the old band, if they can't get what they want. These people are in positions of power and will end up stopping any form of reunion simply because they fear it will get in the way of CD2. Sad but true - the fans will this time destroy the band.

Can you elaborate?

Because initially, I assumed you were talking about TB.  And I can't say I see that as the problem that some do, because ultimately, they are going to do whatever the boss man says.

But how can the fans hurt this?  A bunch of yo-yos longing for Robin Finck?

You are clearly out of your mind Miser.

TB are GNR management and Axl's family, they don't deserve to get villianized by people like you.  rant

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #66 on: November 23, 2015, 04:59:25 PM »

There's ways to defy someone and screw up someone's plans without saying to their face. That, I can believe, will happen.

Instead of concocting half cooked nonsense why not look at all the good TB have done since taking over management?

But no, "fans" like you keep painting them in the worse possible light without knowing the full details.

Ridiculous and unacceptable.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #67 on: November 23, 2015, 05:00:29 PM »

I tend to agree on the TB bit as well.

I can find fault in a million things they've done (or not done) since they started managing.. but any suggestion they have the ability to influence the outcome of a reunion is pure speculation.

IF Axl wants this to happen, then the rest is just details. The only way it wont happen is if Axl and Slash cannot agree on something and that something is a deal breaker and neither is prepared to budge?

But from what we know.. (things being cool with Slash/Axl)... it appears that with a thawing of the relationship, some ground would be conceded on both sides IF they do indeed want this to happen. Which again.. is all pure speculation until someone speaks.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #68 on: November 23, 2015, 05:02:29 PM »

Well, a reunion takes TB out of the driver's seat, obviously.

But, like everyone else in this gig, I can't see how they don't make a shitload of money.  That probably eases some sting.

OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #69 on: November 23, 2015, 05:04:59 PM »

But, like everyone else in this gig, I can't see how they don't make a shitload of money.  That probably eases some sting.

But does it? I still get the feeling Fernando is driving Axl's side of things though?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #70 on: November 23, 2015, 05:05:13 PM »

But no, "fans" like you keep painting them in the worse possible light without knowing the full details.

Of course. Because they don't like "us fans". Remember?  rofl

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #71 on: November 23, 2015, 05:13:57 PM »

But does it? I still get the feeling Fernando is driving Axl's side of things though?

He's just representing Axl's interests.  Like any manager would do.

I don't find them as diabolical as some fans do.  I think they basically do what they are told.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #72 on: November 23, 2015, 05:18:23 PM »

Is there a long list of things Axl has done that he hasn't wanted to do? 

I think regardless of any managers.  Over the years, it seems if Axl doesn't want to do something.  He doesn't do it.  Nobody makes him do anything
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #73 on: November 23, 2015, 05:19:40 PM »

Hahaha

Very true.

OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #74 on: November 23, 2015, 05:24:15 PM »

He's just representing Axl's interests.  Like any manager would do.

I don't find them as diabolical as some fans do.  I think they basically do what they are told.

Yeah what i meant was... if there is reunion negotiations actually taking place. Is Fernando Representing Axl's side of things? Or has he engaged someone else? Because there hasnt been to many whispers of anything regarding anyone doing anything on behalf of Axl in terms of a reunion. Usually there would be something leek?
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #75 on: November 23, 2015, 05:27:27 PM »

Yeah what i meant was... if there is reunion negotiations actually taking place. Is Fernando Representing Axl's side of things? Or has he engaged someone else? Because there hasnt been to many whispers of anything regarding anyone doing anything on behalf of Axl in terms of a reunion. Usually there would be something leek?

Keep in mind, we live in a universe where no leaks or confirmation of any kind whatsoever does not preclude us from assuming they've been just burning the midnight oil to get that album done.

I have been quite open about the serious questions I have about that premise.  But if it works there, it works here, no?

OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #76 on: November 23, 2015, 05:47:10 PM »

Keep in mind, we live in a universe where no leaks or confirmation of any kind whatsoever does not preclude us from assuming they've been just burning the midnight oil to get that album done.

I have been quite open about the serious questions I have about that premise.  But if it works there, it works here, no?

Pretty much... other then the comment "we are looking at what we are doing in that regard" comment.. i see no difference at all.  Wink

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #77 on: November 23, 2015, 06:02:55 PM »

I think regardless of any managers.  Over the years, it seems if Axl doesn't want to do something.  He doesn't do it.  Nobody makes him do anything

And often tours or dates are booked without my having formally given my consent or having authorized them. That's pretty much how this business works.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #78 on: November 23, 2015, 07:07:04 PM »

wow... that is ridiculous. why would they sabotage his plans? what would they even have to gain from that? besides completely betraying someone that is basically a member of their family, what could possibly be achieved by working against him in secret? and what makes you think the fans have any say in what goes on in GNR land all of a sudden? we obviously dont, not that I think we should.   

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
dmathski
Rocker

« Reply #79 on: November 23, 2015, 07:27:39 PM »

And often tours or dates are booked without my having formally given my consent or having authorized them. That's pretty much how this business works.

/jarmo

Like the tour that was booked in 2001. This may have been his quote in reference to that if I remember.

August 3, 1991  Inglewood, CA. The Forum

September 30, 1992    San Diego, CA. Jack Murphy Stadium

December 31, 2001  Las Vegas, NV. The Joint

August 22, 2016 San Diego, CA. Qualcomm Sstadium
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: