Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 14, 2024, 05:54:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228037 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Is Friday the day?
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is Friday the day?  (Read 103609 times)
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #460 on: December 09, 2015, 06:23:18 PM »

Some of you really need to get a hobby.

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #461 on: December 09, 2015, 06:24:04 PM »

Duff, who wouldn't have even met Axl at that hotel if certain people had had their way? The same people who claimed Axl was showering in an attempt to make sure they wouldn't meet?

Haha.

First, you didn't answer my question.  ok

Second, are you serious?

Let me explain this to you once and for all.

GN'R has a show at a sold out O2 in London. What is the #1 priority for management?
Is it to make Duff meet Axl, or is it to make sure Axl's ready to go to the venue and do the show? Tick tock, tick tock...

Also, do you know what could happen if Axl's getting ready for the show (possibly showering) and then something happens, like he starts talking to Duff?

These are all common sense logical things that make sense to everybody else, except the ones who truly want to hate somebody.

Sometimes I can't believe you actually believe what you type....

/jarmo

« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 06:36:03 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #462 on: December 09, 2015, 06:25:02 PM »

I have one, I respond to idiots telling me I need a hobby Cheesy

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #463 on: December 09, 2015, 06:27:47 PM »

You call it "being open minded" - I have some other descriptives that I feel more accurately label what you are doing here in many (not all) of your posts.

Such is life.

You asked why you are painted as a blind follower.  I told you why.

Under no obligation to agree with it, of course.  But, nevertheless, that's why.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #464 on: December 09, 2015, 06:27:54 PM »

I have one, I respond to idiots telling me I need a hobby Cheesy

Only one? Jeez.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #465 on: December 09, 2015, 06:40:22 PM »

You call it "being open minded" - I have some other descriptives that I feel more accurately label what you are doing here in many (not all) of your posts.

Such is life.

You asked why you are painted as a blind follower.  I told you why.

Under no obligation to agree with it, of course.  But, nevertheless, that's why.

As you probably realize, other peoples' perceptions of me don't really influence my actions, my words, my convictions or my loyalties.

Thanks for the explanation though.  ok

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #466 on: December 09, 2015, 07:29:11 PM »

As you probably realize, other peoples' perceptions of me don't really influence my actions, my words, my convictions or my loyalties.

I have gotten that vibe, yes.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #467 on: December 09, 2015, 09:17:32 PM »

ok, so we're picking on beta for a reunion not happening now. Hahaha

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #468 on: December 09, 2015, 10:21:17 PM »

ok, so we're picking on beta for a reunion not happening now. Hahaha

Yeah, I'd need that rationale broken down for me.

14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #469 on: December 09, 2015, 10:52:24 PM »

The sexual tension between DX and Emily is palpable.  If we see a reunion, you two need to meet up at a show  ok

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #470 on: December 10, 2015, 12:18:56 AM »

The sexual tension between DX and Emily is palpable.  If we see a reunion, you two need to meet up at a show  ok
No, this is foreplay... hihi
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #471 on: December 10, 2015, 12:22:32 AM »

I want to see Axl on stage looking lean, mean and like the badass rockstar he once was, tearing through songs with Slash and Duff and possibly the others, ending it all with a triumphant "GOOD, FUCKING, NIGHT!" I don't want the public's last "image" of Axl to be the heavier set, mustachioed guy with iffy vocals we got on the last tours.

I take the good, bad and the ugly.

The guys in Rolling Stones literally falls apart in front of us. It'd be ok to watch a greyhairing Axl still rocking out.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #472 on: December 10, 2015, 06:57:41 AM »

If you could put together one legible sentence that would help.

Thanks.

Not everyone's primary language is English, my friend.

He does just fine, considering.  If you have issues understanding him, skip his posts.

But don't give the guy a hard time because he's posting in foreign language to him.  I somehow doubt, if put in the same position, you'd do any better.  I know I wouldn't.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #473 on: December 10, 2015, 07:01:55 AM »

Ill agree with half of that....

I think there has been more than a fair share of anti-slash sentiment on here from regular posters.

But i do agree that Jarmo would be down with anything Axl did going forward... my statement was regarding the fact i do believe he prefers the CD era to anything that came before it..

I mean.. FFS... the CD cover is on the front of the webpage.. why isnt it accompanied by the other albums?  Wink

OK, it's "anti-slash" sentiment when you apply a critical eye to his words and actions...and thus it means those that do so "hate Slash".  And those that disagree are simply fighting the good fight to protect Slash from slander!!

BUT, when that same sort of sentiment is applied to Axl, by folks, it's productive and just "telling it like it is".  And everyone else who disagrees is swinging from Axl's nuts.

Surely you see the hypocrisy there, right?

As for why CD is on the front page...um...because it's their most recent release?  It wasn't always so, FYI.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 07:14:14 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #474 on: December 10, 2015, 07:04:44 AM »

I think mocking someone for their posting style if English is not their first language is pretty out of line.

Agree.  100%.

We all come here to discuss GnR....and there is a distinct international flavor to this board. And there are varying proficiencies with the English language.  If that bugs you, TFB.

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #475 on: December 10, 2015, 07:12:52 AM »

Marc Canter, who was friends to both Slash and Axl for decades, has said things to the effect that "Beta increased Axl's hatred of Slash" and "Beta hates Slash even more than Axl does", "Beta thinks Slash is evil." Why should I trust someone who hates one of the key components in a possible reunion to not do something to sabotage it from happening? If people around me hated my ex-girlfriend and felt my ex-girlfriend was "evil", I wouldn't see them being supportive of me say getting back with her, to use an analogy.

I think your analogy is actually a good one.

If the person who "hated" your ex girlfriend was you mom, or your favorite aunt, or your best friend in the whole world...and the reason they "hated" them is because they were front and center for all the pain that person caused you....is that not understandable? After watching you go through hell, both leading up to, during, and after the break up....isn't is understandable that that ex might not be their favorite person?

And, if you worked it all out with the ex....got back on a good path..you really think that person wouldn't support your decision?  They might be cautious.  They might worry about you being hurt again.  They might be a little protective, and slightly stand offish to start..until the ex (and you) proved that the relationship was really repaired and the old issues resolved.  But....at least from my experience...it's pretty likely they support YOU, regardless. And support YOUR decision.

I think assuming Beta and the rest of the team would instantly work to squash a rebellion is maybe a little misguided.  The truth is: We don't know, and that's a pretty big leap of logic to get there.

Together again,
CherryGarcia
Rocker

« Reply #476 on: December 10, 2015, 07:16:44 AM »

I want to see Axl on stage looking lean, mean and like the badass rockstar he once was, tearing through songs with Slash and Duff and possibly the others, ending it all with a triumphant "GOOD, FUCKING, NIGHT!" I don't want the public's last "image" of Axl to be the heavier set, mustachioed guy with iffy vocals we got on the last tours.

I take the good, bad and the ugly.

The guys in Rolling Stones literally falls apart in front of us. It'd be ok to watch a greyhairing Axl still rocking out.

I don't mean grey hair, I mean seeing him in good shape, think Iggy Pop, with a cool image. Hair blowing in the wind, no silly hats. Like an older version of this

look at Iggy Pop at the same age Axl is now

or Mick Jagger at 52
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #477 on: December 10, 2015, 07:23:01 AM »

Yeah, this makes no sense to me.
"He said bad things about the other guy, so he must be telling the truth about this person".

Not convinced.

Let me ask you this, you think the fact that he's not associated with the band anymore makes a difference?

Well, I mean if the guy was an Axl hater, do you think he'd have gone and said Slash "got a big head and stole the Snakepit songs when all Axl wanted was to work on a few of them"? That said, I do think he's doing his friends (Axl and Slash) a disservice by acting as a fan gossip column. I know I wouldn't do that to my friends or ex-friends especially if I wanted them back in my life. But, I don't think he's said things about Beta because he's not associated with the band anymore. He's been very clear on why he's not associated with the band anymore. Why make up stories out of wholecloth about Beta? I'm not saying it's all 1000% true but..."Broken clock is right twice a day"...

I think that bolded statement should give you a pretty good idea where his headspace (and wallet space) is.

Is he "making things up"? IDK.  But even if he's not, he's coloring things as sensationalistically (is that a word) as possible to drive traffic and get eyeballs on him.

So, given he has an obvious ulterior motive....I wouldn't take a damn thing he says at face value.  Especially when assessing OTHER people's motives, who are still associated with the band.

I agree with the general sentiment: "there's a reason why he's a former associate" AND would add to that that the guy is now personally profitiing off these little "tidbits".

Together again,
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #478 on: December 10, 2015, 08:36:30 AM »

I don't mean grey hair, I mean seeing him in good shape,

I get u, photo from las vegas 01/02 (NY-gig) where he was slightly braided. peace

Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #479 on: December 10, 2015, 10:32:38 AM »

Duff, who wouldn't have even met Axl at that hotel if certain people had had their way? The same people who claimed Axl was showering in an attempt to make sure they wouldn't meet?

Let me explain this to you once and for all.

GN'R has a show at a sold out O2 in London. What is the #1 priority for management?
Is it to make Duff meet Axl, or is it to make sure Axl's ready to go to the venue and do the show? Tick tock, tick tock...

Also, do you know what could happen if Axl's getting ready for the show (possibly showering) and then something happens, like he starts talking to Duff?

These are all common sense logical things that make sense to everybody else, except the ones who truly want to hate somebody.

Sometimes I can't believe you actually believe what you type....

/jarmo

But come on...it isn't like it was some promoter looking for Axl to sign merch.  It was Duff.  And he wasn't "possibly showering".  That was just an outright lie.   IMO, it's pretty hard to spin that one in a positive light.

Do I think that TB is intentionally torpedoing a reunion?  No, I don't.  But do I think that, if a reunion happens, their sphere of influence over Axl might be weakened?  Yeah, I think that's possible.  Beta blocked Slash from seeing Axl once, right? (or so the story goes).  She acts both as a manager and as a motherly figure to him, so if she still feels like Slash is a bad influence, it's natural for her to want to continue to shield Axl.   
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 29 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: