Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 03:15:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Is Friday the day?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is Friday the day?  (Read 103734 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #60 on: December 02, 2015, 11:00:10 AM »

I think the point was that they were "hired" to join an existing band.

Not like you're a hired guitar player. More like "Ok, you got the job, you're in the band".

Some people are sensitive about these things though. They still wanna have the discussion about the meaning of original and founding.  Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #61 on: December 02, 2015, 11:22:22 AM »

I just hope anyone he hires for potential gigs in 2016 once they "have the job" and are "in the band", that it doesn't slow down the progress on that new album.

That's what I hope.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #62 on: December 02, 2015, 11:51:34 AM »

I think the point was that they were "hired" to join an existing band.

Not like you're a hired guitar player. More like "Ok, you got the job, you're in the band".

Some people are sensitive about these things though. They still wanna have the discussion about the meaning of original and founding.  Wink

/jarmo

Yeah, I agree completely with this.

I just mean that the members in GNR post-1996 was a part of the band in a different way than Slash, Duff and Steven was. The two situations were completely different in that Axl was 100% the boss after the classic line-up dissolved.

I still mean the members such as Robin, Bucket, Brain etc. had creative input, but they were hired in the band as a job, with a contract - receiving a salary.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #63 on: December 02, 2015, 11:55:26 AM »

Yes, there's a difference.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #64 on: December 02, 2015, 12:13:11 PM »

What's this place like on Friday if things don't go our way?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #65 on: December 02, 2015, 12:20:27 PM »

Being realistic for a minute.... There's a big chance things have been built up way too much.

If the whole reunion thing has no substance, I won't be very disapointed as long as CD 2 sees the light of day in the near future. Personally I will put those two outcomes as equals.

Sweetness is a virtue
Princess Leia
« Reply #66 on: December 02, 2015, 01:12:11 PM »

Being realistic for a minute.... There's a big chance things have been built up way too much.

If the whole reunion thing has no substance, I won't be very disapointed as long as CD 2 sees the light of day in the near future. Personally I will put those two outcomes as equals.

If the reunion thing was built up too much and nothing happens It is not your fault nor mine. We should?ve been told it was bullshit long ago.

If they let this thing spin out of control then they are to blame.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #67 on: December 02, 2015, 01:20:28 PM »

Haha. Funny logic.

You should've told me this idea I had was bullshit before you knew it wasn't gonna happen the way I thought it would!

/jarmo

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #68 on: December 02, 2015, 01:23:13 PM »

If the reunion thing was built up too much and nothing happens It is not your fault nor mine. We should?ve been told it was bullshit long ago.

If they let this thing spin out of control then they are to blame.

If they are preparing to announce new music, I would let that slide. I also understand that's not an option for everyone, but then again those people were probably not a fan of the recent line-ups anyway.

So, I don't think Axl will have much fewer fans than what he had say last year.

Sweetness is a virtue
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #69 on: December 02, 2015, 01:25:26 PM »

If they are preparing to announce new music, I would let that slide. I also understand that's not an option for everyone, but then again those people were probably not a fan of the recent line-ups anyway.

So, I don't think Axl will have much fewer fans than what he had say last year.

I agree with these points.

However, if he were to come out and tell us that there is no reunion coming and the focus remains on finishing up the album...what weight does that really carry at this point?

Why is that any more reassuring than the Revolver interview?  Its just the same vague crap with a different date stamp, no?

Princess Leia
« Reply #70 on: December 02, 2015, 01:30:02 PM »

Haha. Funny logic.

You should've told me this idea I had was bullshit before you knew it wasn't gonna happen the way I thought it would!

/jarmo

Uh? If you are Axl, Slash or Duff and you see all kind of rumors about a reunion. You know it is bullshit and you said nothing on the matter then you are to blame for not denying.

It?s like you are at the beach and you see someone drowning and you do nothing to help that person. Well if that person dies you?re gonna have a lot to explain to the authorities.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #71 on: December 02, 2015, 01:31:40 PM »

What if you don't know it's bullshit? That's my point!
What if you haven't made any decisions yet?

No, it's not a life and death situation..... Sorry. Not even close.

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #72 on: December 02, 2015, 01:41:02 PM »

It's complete pie in the sky naivete to think there is no fallout if this doesn't happen.  And yes, it will be impossible to pity him.

Be fucking serious here, people.

Princess Leia
« Reply #73 on: December 02, 2015, 01:43:28 PM »

What if you don't know it's bullshit? That's my point!
What if you haven't made any decisions yet?

No, it's not a life and death situation..... Sorry. Not even close.

/jarmo

But I didn?t come up with the rumors. That?s my point.  Tell  RS, Eddie Trunk, Nikki Sixx and others they don?t know bullshit. Well not you, it is up to Axl, Slash or Duff  to tell them
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #74 on: December 02, 2015, 02:07:32 PM »

It's complete pie in the sky naivete to think there is no fallout if this doesn't happen.  And yes, it will be impossible to pity him.

Be fucking serious here, people.

What do you mean him? There's two other people involved and they haven't said a thing either.

But I didn?t come up with the rumors. That?s my point.  Tell  RS, Eddie Trunk, Nikki Sixx and others they don?t know bullshit. Well not you, it is up to Axl, Slash or Duff  to tell them

Maybe you didn't understand.

If I tell you "I think you're gonna fly to the moon" and you say nothing. Should I take your silence as a yes or no?
That's up to me.

But then again, maybe you are hoping to be able to fly to the moon and you just don't wanna say "yes/no" until you know what's gonna happen for sure. Down the line, you could say "No, I'm not. I'm busy here at earth". Or maybe "Yeah, I was hoping to but then realized I hate heights"....

Sorry for that analogy. I'm just trying to explain that sometimes you can't say yes or no because you don't know yourself what is going to happen next week, next year or in two years!

/jarmo

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #75 on: December 02, 2015, 02:08:40 PM »

The only thing that makes no sense there is Axl wanting to play in 2016.

Play with who?  More randos?  And how can you call them anything BUT hired hands for a short term tour with the more anticipated one right around the corner?
Define hired... Everyone except izzy and Axl who were "hired" during the appetite lineup. GNR for the most part has always been "hired".

Great observation, some seem to continually overlook this fact.

I think it is absurd to think of Duff, Slash and Steven as "hired hands".... Yes they joined the band after Axl and Izzy founded it, but were they in Guns N Roses under different terms than Axl and Izzy? Were they paid a salary?

I was under the impression that the Appetite line-up was in it as equal partners.

Guns N' Roses Band Is One Thing

Guns N' Roses Music Is Other Thing

ok

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #76 on: December 02, 2015, 02:33:46 PM »

Who is "our" ? Pesky mouse in your pocket, or are you just delusional and thinking you speak for others again?

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #77 on: December 02, 2015, 02:47:49 PM »

What do you mean him? There's two other people involved and they haven't said a thing either.

Yeah, which is odd.  And, frankly, I think one of the reasons people are willing to give this any credence.

Axl off in Witness Protection, that's nothing new.  But it would be weird for the others to stay so mum.

But come on.  You think its a stretch to think if this all goes to hell, Axl won't be seen as the bad guy?  Is this not Axl Rose Persecution Complex Central?  Well, for once, I agree with that crowd.  He will be the bad guy here.

And I'm wondering how sorry we are then supposed to feel for him.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #78 on: December 02, 2015, 02:48:54 PM »

Who is "our" ? Pesky mouse in your pocket, or are you just delusional and thinking you speak for others again?

Mouse in my pocket, "Emily".

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #79 on: December 02, 2015, 02:52:21 PM »

But come on.  You think its a stretch to think if this all goes to hell, Axl won't be seen as the bad guy?  Is this not Axl Rose Persecution Complex Central?  Well, for once, I agree with that crowd.  He will be the bad guy here.

Last time I checked, this was a Guns N' Roses fan site.
So, no need to insult those who frequent the site.  ok

All these condescending comments from you today. What's wrong? May I suggest you take a break until you can refrain from trying to insult those who post here.

/jarmo

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 29 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: