Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:44:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2016 Baseball Season/Off Season Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2016 Baseball Season/Off Season Discussion  (Read 151644 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #140 on: April 14, 2016, 07:05:23 AM »

You got us tonight. It was a good game until Nova came in and shat the bed.

As good as Nova looked the other night....thats how BAD he looked tonight.  Terrible.

I mean..that's a 3-2 game til he comes in to crap the bed.

Pineada looked decent last night against a REALLY good lineup.  We'll see what today brings.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #141 on: April 14, 2016, 02:00:57 PM »

As good as Nova looked the other night....thats how BAD he looked tonight.  Terrible.

Pineada looked decent last night against a REALLY good lineup.  We'll see what today brings.
Yep no way to sugar coat that. He shat the bed bad. I know he's still recovering from his TJ surgery but ouch.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #142 on: April 14, 2016, 03:06:34 PM »

Yep no way to sugar coat that. He shat the bed bad. I know he's still recovering from his TJ surgery but ouch.

He's also just not a reliever... he was bad...but I can't get on him too much... these guys are creatures of habit.

Nova would slide in to the 4 spot in a lot of rotations around the league.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #143 on: April 14, 2016, 04:50:15 PM »

He's also just not a reliever... he was bad...but I can't get on him too much... these guys are creatures of habit.

Nova would slide in to the 4 spot in a lot of rotations around the league.

He should get back in the rotation once he's ready.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #144 on: April 14, 2016, 10:45:02 PM »

Another great win for the good guys!   

It's pretty good when your starter can go 8 innings strong.   All this bullpen ball is great in theory, but nothing beats a strong starting line up.   

The jays bats are warming up as well.   

Straight to the top baby!

Straight to the top!   

Go Jays!
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #145 on: April 15, 2016, 07:52:30 PM »

Starlin Castro just literlly made a catch with his ass...and turned it into a double play. Def play of he night on sportscenter

Together again,
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #146 on: April 21, 2016, 09:15:10 AM »

The Yankees are giving me headaches.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #147 on: April 21, 2016, 02:45:13 PM »

The offense is abysmal, esp with risp. And dds glove and bat are barely keeping pace with his atrocious decision making. Add to that the fact that tex, mcann, and arod all look ancient at the plate. Hicks has been worthless. Ellsbury seems to have forgotten how to play center.  The only bright spots are freakng Beltran, and Castro.

Their rotation is good for 5 innings and 3 ish runs. Thats not great, but...its hard to blame the rotation when folks cant hit under pressure.

The bullpen is awesome...but cant pitch 4 innings a game for 162.

Together again,
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #148 on: April 21, 2016, 02:57:53 PM »

The offense is abysmal, esp with risp. And dds glove and bat are barely keeping pace with his atrocious decision making. Add to that the fact that tex, mcann, and arod all look ancient at the plate. Hicks has been worthless. Ellsbury seems to have forgotten how to play center.  The only bright spots are freakng Beltran, and Castro.

Their rotation is good for 5 innings and 3 ish runs. Thats not great, but...its hard to blame the rotation when folks cant hit under pressure.

The bullpen is awesome...but cant pitch 4 innings a game for 162.

All fact...

Very frustrating right now.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #149 on: April 24, 2016, 04:15:11 PM »

I really hope tulos bat comes around. 
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #150 on: April 24, 2016, 09:20:05 PM »

Sheesh, just saw this. Sad

http://mlb.nbcsports.com/2016/04/24/yankees-say-18-year-old-minor-leaguer-killed-in-car-crash/

Yankees say 18-year-old minor leaguer killed in car crash

NEW YORK (AP) The New York Yankees say Sandy Acevedo, an infielder in their minor league system who was set to begin his professional career this season, has been killed in a car crash. He was 18.

The team says Acevedo died Saturday night in the Dominican Republic. A moment of silence was held for him at Yankee Stadium before Sunday?s game against the Tampa Bay Rays, and a picture of Acevedo batting was shown on the giant video screen in center field.

Acevedo signed with the Yankees as an international free agent last July and was scheduled to make his pro debut this year in the rookie-level Gulf Coast League. He was born in the Dominican Republic and lived in Santo Domingo.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #151 on: April 24, 2016, 10:32:05 PM »

Damn that's awful Sad
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #152 on: April 26, 2016, 11:04:08 AM »

Ugh Ceciel is not looking good so far this year.   jays really need help in the 7th inning
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #153 on: April 29, 2016, 07:55:28 PM »

Just saw the Cards elected Joe Torre and Chris Carpenter to their HOF, very cool. Cool

People forget how great a player Joe was. 1971 MVP, led the league in hitting at .363 while knocking in 137 - incredible.

As for Carp, the most surly SOB since Bob Gibson with the stuff to back it up.  One of my all time favorite pitchers.

Can't wait to see both circling the outfield with the Clydesdale's and dressed in red blazers opening day of next year.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 09:58:37 PM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #154 on: April 30, 2016, 05:15:15 PM »

Just saw the Cards elected Joe Torre and Chris Carpenter to their HOF, very cool. Cool

People forget how great a player Joe was. 1971 MVP, led the league in hitting at .363 while knocking in 137 - incredible.

As for Carp, the most surly SOB since Bob Gibson with the stuff to back it up.  One of my all time favorite pitchers.

Can't wait to see both circling the outfield with the Clydesdale's and dressed in red blazers opening day of next year.
Well deserved honor for Joe. Probably should've been in Cooperstown for his playing as well as managing.
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #155 on: May 02, 2016, 09:42:07 AM »

Fucking awesome:  http://m.mlb.com/news/article/175488010/david-ortiz-makes-good-on-home-run-promise

Faldor, Red Sox still suck.  peace
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #156 on: May 02, 2016, 10:20:41 AM »

Not lately they don't.  hihi

Playing some of the worst teams in baseball of late, but at least they're winning the games they're supposed to. That was a cool story with Ortiz making good on his HR promise. Reminded me of the Seinfeld episode with Paul O'Neil. Never liked that guy as a Yankee obviously, but loved him in that episode.

Yankees are pretty awful right now. It's early, and that can change. But I'm not sure what their ceiling is. They seem limited. I guess the potential is still there if they start to hit and get some innings from their starters. Unfortunately for them, neither of those things have happened consistently.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #157 on: May 02, 2016, 11:59:23 AM »

Not lately they don't.  hihi

Playing some of the worst teams in baseball of late, but at least they're winning the games they're supposed to. That was a cool story with Ortiz making good on his HR promise. Reminded me of the Seinfeld episode with Paul O'Neil. Never liked that guy as a Yankee obviously, but loved him in that episode.

Yankees are pretty awful right now. It's early, and that can change. But I'm not sure what their ceiling is. They seem limited. I guess the potential is still there if they start to hit and get some innings from their starters. Unfortunately for them, neither of those things have happened consistently.

Ha, that's right, but Paul O'Neill did not come through!  He was supposed to hit 2 HRs but only managed a 1 HR and a triple that he scored on after an error.   hihi

Yes, the Sox (and the Mets) do look good so far, but it's early, we'll see how things go from here...

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #158 on: May 02, 2016, 08:12:19 PM »

Looks like the big panda is going n the big shelf for the rest of the season. Sox say hes having season ending shoulder surgery tomorrow.

Together again,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #159 on: May 03, 2016, 10:45:42 AM »

Looks like the big panda is going n the big shelf for the rest of the season. Sox say hes having season ending shoulder surgery tomorrow.
In a way, it's a blessing. In that, they don't need him right now. When he was healthy he was a waste of a roster spot since he can only really play one position, and even that's debatable. I thought the DL stint was one of those made up ones. But apparently it was legit. He wasn't in good shape and didn't show any signs of making positive contributions, so it's no big loss.

On the other hand though, they apparently didn't take out insurance on his contract so they're stuck with him. The worst contract since Carl Crawford. What makes it even worse though, is they didn't put in any weight clause On top of not getting any insurance. If there was EVER a guy you do those things for, it's Pablo. I don't expect him to ever make an impact in a Red Sox uniform, so I'll just count the days until that comes off the books. It'll be awhile, so I'll get comfortable. Luckily Travis Shaw has slid in nicely at 3rd and they have a number of young low priced position players to help offset Pablo's albatross of a contract. So it shouldn't hamstring them that much, at least not right away. It still sucks, but it could be worse.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 10:47:20 AM by faldor » Logged

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: