Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:48:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2016 Baseball Season/Off Season Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2016 Baseball Season/Off Season Discussion  (Read 151670 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #200 on: May 17, 2016, 03:06:37 PM »

I was off by a game.

Looks like Odor is gonna get 8 games.

We'll see what the appeal does to that.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #201 on: May 18, 2016, 01:31:04 PM »

http://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/mlb/making-sense-mlbs-suspensions-blue-jays-rangers/

A real good look at the suspensions that were issued and probably what should of been issued
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #202 on: May 19, 2016, 09:08:36 AM »

what an horrible series the jays just had.   

The rays, who can not hit, just beat the crap out of the Jays.  Something like 36-7, over 3 games

Jays really need a change and somehow get there confidence back
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #203 on: May 19, 2016, 01:14:55 PM »

The rays, who can not hit, just beat the crap out of the Jays.  Something like 36-7, over 3 games

Don't think the Jays are that good... no team in the AL really is.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #204 on: May 19, 2016, 01:28:15 PM »

Don't think the Jays are that good... no team in the AL really is.

They are going to have to make some major moves at the deadline to get over the hump, just like last year

The prospect cupboard is pretty mt however
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #205 on: May 24, 2016, 07:10:17 PM »

Big series for the jays

Let's beat those evil Yankee bums!
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #206 on: May 25, 2016, 08:39:26 AM »

Big series for the jays

Can't handle us right now ! lol

Nice to see the Yankees climb back to 500. This bullpen is just so much fun. ( Of course they are only effective when the starter does their job, which right now they are doing)

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #207 on: May 25, 2016, 10:06:31 AM »

Big series for the jays

Nice to see the Yankees climb back to 500. This bullpen is just so much fun. ( Of course they are only effective when the starter does their job, which right now they are doing)

The Jays stink.   Expect some moves to be made very shortly
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #208 on: May 25, 2016, 10:45:58 AM »

Big series for the jays

The nice thing about last night was you only had to use ONE of the 3, thanks to the tack on runs.  And Betances inning wasn't very stressful, and didn't result in a high pitch count.

I'm happy to see them at .500.  I don't expect them to be much more than that this year.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #209 on: May 25, 2016, 10:47:37 AM »

Big series for the jays

Josh Donaldson bunting under any circumstance is unacceptable....

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #210 on: May 25, 2016, 10:50:35 AM »

Big series for the jays

The nice thing about last night was you only had to use ONE of the 3, thanks to the tack on runs.  And Betances inning wasn't very stressful, and didn't result in a high pitch count.

I'm happy to see them at .500.  I don't expect them to be much more than that this year.

Which really is the worst place for us to be...

I almost hope they completely tank.. so that maybe we can move a few guys... like Beltran, Gardener or Texiera.

I do hope we stay in the WC picture, because i'd like to keep Chapman and Miller for a few years. I think it's worth investing in, especially when you can't go splash cash around on other teams players like you used to. Might as well make that pen an epic strength for as long as possible.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 10:55:13 AM by JAEBALL » Logged

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #211 on: May 25, 2016, 11:04:55 AM »

Big series for the jays

Josh Donaldson bunting under any circumstance is unacceptable....

That was a total joke.  Like he was just trying to be smart or something.   He is allowed to swing for the fences at any time

And then Joey Bats doing a half ass dive on the first hit of the game that turns into a triple    No thanks

Something is not right with the Jays and I blame the new management team from Cleaveland
Jbat81
Rocker

NY FOOTBALL GIANTS

« Reply #212 on: May 25, 2016, 06:09:41 PM »

6 in a row for Yankees! Maybe these old dudes could do it! Joey Bats still hurt from tht punch lol. Still early people...

5-14-06 NY
5-15-06 NY
11-08-06 MA
11-17-11 NJ
11-19-11 CT
11-25-11 MA
12-30-11 NV
12-31-11 NV
2-10-12 NY
2-12-12 NY
2-15-12 NY
4-8-16 NV
4-9-16 NV
7-19-16 MA
7-20-16 MA
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #213 on: May 25, 2016, 10:53:08 PM »

Now that's more like it boys!

Go Jays!   They are the best!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #214 on: May 25, 2016, 11:23:32 PM »

Now that's more like it boys!

Go Jays!   They are the best!
At least you have the Jays to be happy about after the Raptors laid a big fat egg tonight. Blown out by almost 40.
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #215 on: May 26, 2016, 08:30:03 AM »

Really disgusted with the season that Matt Harvey is having. Much of the talk is about his confidence, mentality, etc., but the guy is clearly out of shape.  He gets gassed by the 5th inning; even though he's maintaining velocity, his fatigue causes him to lose all command and so he's tossing these goose eggs right down the middle of the plate. 

Seems to be a case of a guy loving the NYC nightlife too much.  Forget a demotion to the minors, just demote his residence from Manhattan to Bayside, Queens, get him on a curfew, cut way back on the booze, problem solved.  And maybe adding a splitter to his repertoire wouldn't hurt. 
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #216 on: May 26, 2016, 08:41:22 AM »

Really disgusted with the season that Matt Harvey is having. Much of the talk is about his confidence, mentality, etc., but the guy is clearly out of shape.  He gets gassed by the 5th inning; even though he's maintaining velocity, his fatigue causes him to lose all command and so he's tossing these goose eggs right down the middle of the plate. 

Seems to be a case of a guy loving the NYC nightlife too much.  Forget a demotion to the minors, just demote his residence from Manhattan to Bayside, Queens, get him on a curfew, cut way back on the booze, problem solved.  And maybe adding a splitter to his repertoire wouldn't hurt. 

The team also gives him a free pass to ignore the media. Atleast Wright called him out on it.

Time for him to put on his big boy pants.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #217 on: May 26, 2016, 09:07:34 AM »

The team also gives him a free pass to ignore the media. Atleast Wright called him out on it.

That I don't care about.  I know everyone in sports media are all twisted about him ignoring them (for their own self-serving reasons), but I don't see why a fan should care if he talks to reporters or not.  I just want him to pitch well. 
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #218 on: May 26, 2016, 09:11:37 AM »

That I don't care about.  I know everyone in sports media are all twisted about him ignoring them (for their own self-serving reasons), but I don't see why a fan should care if he talks to reporters or not.  I just want him to pitch well. 

Sure, you want your team to win.

I think they have a responsibility to do it. You want to bask in the glory when things are going well... stand there and answer some questions when they are going bad too. It's also not fair to his teammates who have to answer questions for him. Those reporters are just trying to do their job.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #219 on: May 26, 2016, 06:51:19 PM »

Another win for the good guys!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: