Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:08:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2016 Baseball Season/Off Season Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2016 Baseball Season/Off Season Discussion  (Read 151673 times)
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #260 on: June 07, 2016, 10:20:07 PM »

11 runners left on base!

Then they pitch to detroits best hitter!  Give him his fave pitch. Why?   Why do they always pitch to the other team best hitter.   Walk them!   

Total bs
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #261 on: June 08, 2016, 12:16:26 AM »

Kc is a dirty team

Especially that tooth pick that was picking tonight.

Glad to see him get knocked down by a almost missed punch.

Guess he met a guy that was big enough to knock him down.   
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #262 on: June 08, 2016, 12:22:10 AM »

Let's go Giants

lol I love these late games. But even being close to the west coast (mountain time).  They sure get late!

Bed in 30 mins for me
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #263 on: June 09, 2016, 09:26:37 AM »

If the Yankees could play the Angels 140 times...we'd be alright... haha!

Beltran has gotta make the all star team... guy is enfuego.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #264 on: June 09, 2016, 09:58:17 AM »

I just picked him up in fantasy yesterday. Paid off. Hope he can keep it going.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #265 on: June 10, 2016, 06:39:57 AM »

And....Parmalee is hurt for the Yanks.

You gotta start to wonder if Nick Swisher is dealing in the dark arts...and building voodoo dolls of the rest of the possible organizations 1st base depth chart.

Which is now pretty much down to 3 guys.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #266 on: June 10, 2016, 09:05:59 AM »

And....Parmalee is hurt for the Yanks.

You gotta start to wonder if Nick Swisher is dealing in the dark arts...and building voodoo dolls of the rest of the possible organizations 1st base depth chart.

Which is now pretty much down to 3 guys.

Yankees are going to have to get fat the next couple of weeks with the schedule the way it is.

You miss Teixeira's glove... but honestly.. it could be Swisher, Refsnyder, Parmalee or Pilferk... and they will all do more at bat than he was giving us. 

I hope they run off 14 out of 17 or lose 14 out of 17... they are 30-30. If they are 40-40...we are screwed.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #267 on: June 15, 2016, 01:06:30 PM »

Lincecum makes his debut for the Angels on Saturday against the A's.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #268 on: June 15, 2016, 01:18:54 PM »

I don't blame Girardi for any of the Yankee shortcomings...and of course there is no DH spot in Denver

but take a look at the lineup he put together for today...

rant

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #269 on: June 16, 2016, 07:28:52 AM »

I don't blame Girardi for any of the Yankee shortcomings...and of course there is no DH spot in Denver

but take a look at the lineup he put together for today...

rant

He's trying to make sirloin out of dog shit.

I agree, the lineup sucked.  But given who he has on the 40 (and who's hurt), and the fact he's got guys in the lineup that just can't play 140 games..or even 120 games (due to age or being injury prone)..he's gotta find them time off.  It sucks.

I've said it over and over: They are a .500 team, at best.  They are going to hover right around there for most of the season, I think.  That's the team Cashman has built.

The really frightening part of all this? They are 3 losses (yes, they have a shit ton of teams to leap frog, too) out of a wild card spot.

And a month away from the trade deadline.

If they keep going at this rate...or if they have another hot streak that gives "hope"....they'll either be buyers OR stand still at the deadline. Ughhhh....

Together again,
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #270 on: June 16, 2016, 10:01:58 AM »

What do you think about a Chapman/ Soler swap?

I like it... would have to clear Gardner out of here.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #271 on: June 16, 2016, 11:53:23 AM »

Jays sure are looking good
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #272 on: June 16, 2016, 02:42:09 PM »

Not worth it.

First, not enough value for Chapman (or Miller).

Second..you're moving one player off the field (Gardner) for...the exact same player (Soler). At least so far.  Maybe you think Soler has more of an upside, and Gardner's not having a career year, for sure.  But...at the end of the day..you're trading (in terms of on the field position) a proven, older light hitting .250 hitter with speed and good to great defense for an unproven, younger light hitting .250 hitter with speed and good to great defense.  For a stud closer.  Nope...not worth it...not even for the extra 2 years and 6 mil per savings.

Because you're not going to get quality starting pitching for Gardner. Or quality infield help.  "That guy" (Gardner/Soler) is easy to find around the league (and thus, why Soler isn't worth Chapman or Miller).  You're going to get a AA midrange prospect with potential, but unproven in MLB or you're going to get a journeyman defensive infielder (a la Brendan Ryan, but at 1st or 3rd).  There's no real value for moving him out...so unless you're replacing him with a STUD futures prospect out there (and that's not Soler)....what's the point?

They need infield help and starting pitching (either MLB or almost MLB ready).  Their outfield is fine.  I get the frustration with Gardner.  He's inconsistent, and not very aggressive on the basepaths (which, IMHO, is at least partly because of coaching...and Soler would face similar hurdles).   But, in the grand scheme of things...he's making 11/12 per, which is pretty much in line with what he's "worth".  Yeah, you get Soler for 4/5 per, and he's much younger....but you also don't have any idea of what you're ultimately going to get.  That can't be what you're going after for your big chip, when you have leverage in the market. Soler likely isn't a difference maker next year vs having Gardner in the same position.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 02:49:09 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #273 on: June 16, 2016, 03:09:06 PM »

Not worth it.

First, not enough value for Chapman (or Miller).

Second..you're moving one player off the field (Gardner) for...the exact same player (Soler). At least so far.  Maybe you think Soler has more of an upside, and Gardner's not having a career year, for sure.  But...at the end of the day..you're trading (in terms of on the field position) a proven, older light hitting .250 hitter with speed and good to great defense for an unproven, younger light hitting .250 hitter with speed and good to great defense.  For a stud closer.  Nope...not worth it...not even for the extra 2 years and 6 mil per savings.

Because you're not going to get quality starting pitching for Gardner. Or quality infield help.  "That guy" (Gardner/Soler) is easy to find around the league (and thus, why Soler isn't worth Chapman or Miller).  You're going to get a AA midrange prospect with potential, but unproven in MLB or you're going to get a journeyman defensive infielder (a la Brendan Ryan, but at 1st or 3rd).  There's no real value for moving him out...so unless you're replacing him with a STUD futures prospect out there (and that's not Soler)....what's the point?

They need infield help and starting pitching (either MLB or almost MLB ready).  Their outfield is fine.  I get the frustration with Gardner.  He's inconsistent, and not very aggressive on the basepaths (which, IMHO, is at least partly because of coaching...and Soler would face similar hurdles).   But, in the grand scheme of things...he's making 11/12 per, which is pretty much in line with what he's "worth".  Yeah, you get Soler for 4/5 per, and he's much younger....but you also don't have any idea of what you're ultimately going to get.  That can't be what you're going after for your big chip, when you have leverage in the market. Soler likely isn't a difference maker next year vs having Gardner in the same position.

Definitely wouldn't move Miller for anything less than the farm.

It seems like the Yankees are intent on moving Chapman... and I only really brought up Soler because that is what is being rumored.

Everything you said about Gardner is true... I am just done with him...

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #274 on: June 16, 2016, 09:46:59 PM »

Oh boy the jays are looking good

Let's go jays
Let's go double E
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #275 on: June 17, 2016, 12:44:06 AM »

J.D. Martinez suffered a pretty bad injury tonight banging into the OF wall. Not good for the Tigers or my fantasy team. It's hard to replace his production.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #276 on: June 17, 2016, 06:41:10 AM »

It seems like the Yankees are intent on moving Chapman... and I only really brought up Soler because that is what is being rumored.

Yeah, I've seen the rumors.  I have to think they're just Cubs wishful thinking.  If Cashman made that deal, he'd prove he's the 2nd worst GM on the planet (because nobody is worse than whoever is GM'ing every year in Miami). But, hell, given the way I feel he's GM'd the team the past 5 years or so, thats probably exactly the deal he'd make. But it would be a BAD deal.  It gets them nothing they need, and it means then trading a player that's not really worthy anything else of real value.

I'm OK with Gardy for what he is: A streaky hitter with speed who has a remarkable glove.  Hell, I'm much more frustrated with Ellsbury and his inability to stay on the field OR manage to throw the ball more than 10 feet. THAT deal kills me.

Together again,
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #277 on: June 17, 2016, 08:35:24 AM »

Yeah, I've seen the rumors.  I have to think they're just Cubs wishful thinking.  If Cashman made that deal, he'd prove he's the 2nd worst GM on the planet (because nobody is worse than whoever is GM'ing every year in Miami). But, hell, given the way I feel he's GM'd the team the past 5 years or so, thats probably exactly the deal he'd make. But it would be a BAD deal.  It gets them nothing they need, and it means then trading a player that's not really worthy anything else of real value.

I'm OK with Gardy for what he is: A streaky hitter with speed who has a remarkable glove.  Hell, I'm much more frustrated with Ellsbury and his inability to stay on the field OR manage to throw the ball more than 10 feet. THAT deal kills me.

Please... don't get me started on Ellsbury. They both aggravate the hell out of me for different reasons, and they are so similar .. that pisses me off too. obviously Ellsbury and his contract makes it worse.

I miss Mr. Cano.

We will over pay everybody else's good players...but won't over pay our own GREAT player. (Can't blame Cano for taking the deal, but why we drew such a hard line ..i'll never understand)

« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 08:38:13 AM by JAEBALL » Logged

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #278 on: June 17, 2016, 09:32:39 AM »

Please... don't get me started on Ellsbury. They both aggravate the hell out of me for different reasons, and they are so similar .. that pisses me off too. obviously Ellsbury and his contract makes it worse.

I miss Mr. Cano.

We will over pay everybody else's good players...but won't over pay our own GREAT player. (Can't blame Cano for taking the deal, but why we drew such a hard line ..i'll never understand)

The Red Sox did the same thing with Lester. Got outbid by the Cubs and a year later paid about 100 million more for Price. Price has been better lately, but Lester's contract is more team friendly. Teams always think the grass is greener on the other side, but as Tom Keifer of Cinderella wails "you don't know what you got, till it's gone".

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #279 on: June 17, 2016, 09:34:59 AM »

I miss Mr. Cano.

The Red Sox did the same thing with Lester. Got outbid by the Cubs and a year later paid about 100 million more for Price. Price has been better lately, but Lester's contract is more team friendly. Teams always think the grass is greener on the other side, but as Tom Keifer of Cinderella wails "you don't know what you got, till it's gone".

From the outside looking in, I was dumbfounded they nickel and dimed Lester...

The guy is underrated imo... real competitor.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: