Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:22:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2016 Baseball Season/Off Season Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2016 Baseball Season/Off Season Discussion  (Read 151648 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #280 on: June 17, 2016, 09:45:06 AM »

Definitely wouldn't move Miller for anything less than the farm.

It seems like the Yankees are intent on moving Chapman... and I only really brought up Soler because that is what is being rumored.

Everything you said about Gardner is true... I am just done with him...

Yeah, I've seen the rumors.  I have to think they're just Cubs wishful thinking.  If Cashman made that deal, he'd prove he's the 2nd worst GM on the planet (because nobody is worse than whoever is GM'ing every year in Miami). But, hell, given the way I feel he's GM'd the team the past 5 years or so, thats probably exactly the deal he'd make. But it would be a BAD deal.  It gets them nothing they need, and it means then trading a player that's not really worthy anything else of real value.

I'm OK with Gardy for what he is: A streaky hitter with speed who has a remarkable glove.  Hell, I'm much more frustrated with Ellsbury and his inability to stay on the field OR manage to throw the ball more than 10 feet. THAT deal kills me.

Please... don't get me started on Ellsbury. They both aggravate the hell out of me for different reasons, and they are so similar .. that pisses me off too. obviously Ellsbury and his contract makes it worse.

I miss Mr. Cano.

We will over pay everybody else's good players...but won't over pay our own GREAT player. (Can't blame Cano for taking the deal, but why we drew such a hard line ..i'll never understand)

The Red Sox did the same thing with Lester. Got outbid by the Cubs and a year later paid about 100 million more for Price. Price has been better lately, but Lester's contract is more team friendly. Teams always think the grass is greener on the other side, but as Tom Keifer of Cinderella wails "you don't know what you got, till it's gone".

From the outside looking in, I was dumbfounded they nickel and dimed Lester...

The guy is underrated imo... real competitor.

Yeah, they weren't too smart with that one. They figured he'd take a hometown discount and made him an insultingly low offer the year before he hit free agency. At the time, they were in that philosophy of not signing pitchers over 30 to long term deals. They've since scrapped that idea. But at the time he fell in that range. They realized the error in their ways and did end up making him a legitimate offer, but the damage was probably already done and Cubs offered more. Last year wasn't great for Lester, but he's off to a great start this year. I still think he's more of high end #2 more than an ace, but he's certainly capable of pitching like one.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #281 on: June 18, 2016, 10:47:42 AM »

Saints is. Hitting machine! 

And to think these new ex Indian office guys were trying trade him in the off season

Best no trade ever
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #282 on: June 21, 2016, 09:46:10 PM »

So Cashman has said if the Yankees are dead in the water in 6 weeks he'll tell Hal to sell. Of course Hal says he won't and is adamant we'll be right in the thick of things in mid July. I'd like to know what the hell he's smoking and where i can get some. It must be some good shit cause this current Yankee team is going nowhere fast. If he's smart he will listen to Cashman on this one.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #283 on: June 22, 2016, 09:12:48 AM »

So Cashman has said if the Yankees are dead in the water in 6 weeks he'll tell Hal to sell. Of course Hal says he won't and is adamant we'll be right in the thick of things in mid July. I'd like to know what the hell he's smoking and where i can get some. It must be some good shit cause this current Yankee team is going nowhere fast. If he's smart he will listen to Cashman on this one.

I agree (though I'm loathe to let CASHMAN do the selling, to be honest).

That being said: With the 2nd wildcard, it has become increasingly difficult to be "out of it" by the trade deadline.  For example, as mediocre as they've been, they are only a few games from a playoff spot.  If they're still there in 6 weeks, you're going to have a hard time convincing ownership to sell the farm.

And yes...we're talking about the Yanks being "satisfied" with being a few games out of a wild card spot.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #284 on: June 22, 2016, 09:14:31 AM »

I miss the BOSS.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #285 on: June 22, 2016, 11:10:20 AM »

I miss the BOSS.

Me too.

And I've been a fan for a LONG time (late 70's/early 80s, watching games with my dad).  There were times, prior to the early 90's, when I didn't think there was any way in hell I'd ever, ever feel that way!!

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #286 on: June 22, 2016, 07:40:48 PM »

Falcon, am I seeing this correctly, Cards just SWEPT the stinking Cubs?  NICE!   beer
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #287 on: June 26, 2016, 03:30:00 PM »

Falcon, am I seeing this correctly, Cards just SWEPT the stinking Cubs?  NICE!   beer

Yep, all is right in the world again. Wink

Now the Cards are on the verge of getting broomed by the Mariners, sheesh..

Doing my best to refrain on my rants of despise on interleague play but the above is only throwing gas on the fire... Angry

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #288 on: June 26, 2016, 04:17:46 PM »

Off
  To

Denver!

3 games.

Let's go jays!
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #289 on: July 01, 2016, 03:38:52 PM »

Home from Denver yesterday. Great city and ballpark to watch ball.  I was very impressed.

Even though there was a 4 hr rain delay on a game that started at 7.  Haha. I didn't get back to my hotel till 230 am that night.  How I got home I don't remember.  Drinks were going down good
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #290 on: July 04, 2016, 01:25:02 PM »

Doing my best to refrain on my rants of despise on interleague play but the above is only throwing gas on the fire... Angry

Glad the Mets could contribute to the cause with a Cubs sweep of their own this weekend!    ok
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #291 on: July 04, 2016, 10:17:07 PM »

Glad the Mets could contribute to the cause with a Cubs sweep of their own this weekend!    ok

Hell ya George, the Mets doing the part to keep the baseball world on it's proper axis! yes

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #292 on: July 04, 2016, 10:20:37 PM »

Home from Denver yesterday. Great city and ballpark to watch ball.  I was very impressed.

Even though there was a 4 hr rain delay on a game that started at 7.  Haha. I didn't get back to my hotel till 230 am that night.  How I got home I don't remember.  Drinks were going down good

Did you get to see Jon Gray pitch for the Rox Bacon?

He's the nephew of the chick who cuts my hair - true story.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #293 on: July 05, 2016, 07:47:30 PM »

Did you get to see Jon Gray pitch for the Rox Bacon?

He's the nephew of the chick who cuts my hair - true story.

They call it the mile high city for a reason.  After discovering some of that and drinkin since 8 am and games that started at 7   It's all a bit of a blur haha
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #294 on: July 05, 2016, 08:03:46 PM »

Holly crap so this is what it is like to have a healthy mind and body tulo.   Damn has his bat been on fire recently and it's finally looking like he is feeling at home in Toronto.   We are killing kc.  They def do not look like World Series champs.    And the Jays do not even have Batista back yet. 

4 Jays to the all star game as well.  Woohoo. 

We all know the Jays are the greatest team in the world.  Woohoo
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #295 on: July 07, 2016, 09:39:13 AM »

Sweeping the "world series champs" is great!!!

Now winning it, will be even better!
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #296 on: July 12, 2016, 11:55:29 PM »

Home field in the World Series was determined by an exhibition game in a National League park where the AL team was the home team.  rant no Embarrassed Roll Eyes Huh Angry

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #297 on: July 13, 2016, 01:37:40 AM »

Home field in the World Series was determined by an exhibition game in a National League park where the AL team was the home team.  rant no Embarrassed Roll Eyes Huh Angry
Wtf was up with that? I didn't pay close enough attention. Why would the AL be the home team in an NL park that just preposterous.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #298 on: July 13, 2016, 01:39:52 AM »

Wtf was up with that? I didn't pay close enough attention. Why would the AL the the home team in an NL park that just preposterous.
They have 4 straight All Star games played in an NL park for some reason, so they're alternating the home team each year. Not sure why they couldn't find an AL city to host.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #299 on: July 13, 2016, 01:43:13 AM »

That's just stupid as hell.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: