Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:51:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2016 Baseball Season/Off Season Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2016 Baseball Season/Off Season Discussion  (Read 151668 times)
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #320 on: July 30, 2016, 12:32:41 PM »

Let's go jays m Baltimore has zero pitching. Let's go jays

Baltimore is full of crime because I watche the TV show the wire.  So that means the ball team stinks !

Go jays !
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #321 on: July 30, 2016, 01:46:16 PM »

Baltimore is full of crime because I watche the TV show the wire.  So that means the ball team stinks !

Go jays !
I'll be pulling for the Jays for one more day until they take over first. Hoping the Red Sox can get their act back in gear and pass both the O's and Jays again eventually. Very short lived time in first there. I liked it while it lasted.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #322 on: July 30, 2016, 01:56:34 PM »

Go jays !
I'll be pulling for the Jays for one more day until they take over first. Hoping the Red Sox can get their act back in gear and pass both the O's and Jays again eventually. Very short lived time in first there. I liked it while it lasted.

Price still doesn't look right in that jersey
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #323 on: July 30, 2016, 03:45:09 PM »

Go jays !

Price still doesn't look right in that jersey
He's had kind of a tough season. Hasn't been bad, but he certainly hasn't pitched like the ace they're paying him to be. He's had some bad luck along the way. Seems when he does pitch well, they don't hit for him. But he's been a bit of a disappointment. Porcello had trouble adjusting to pitching in Boston last year too and he's been much better this year. So I'm hoping Price can turn it around similarly.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #324 on: July 30, 2016, 04:26:03 PM »

1st place finally!!!dqmn it feels good

Let go Jays.  The greatest ball team on the planet!
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #325 on: July 31, 2016, 09:23:58 AM »

There goes Miller!

Credit to Cashman for this .

Send everybody.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #326 on: July 31, 2016, 09:31:11 AM »

Well, the yanks have offcally given up. Whch is not all that surprising.

I expect mccann, beltran, and gardner to go next.

And arod to be dfad.

And them to suck for the next 5 years, while exactly zero of these prospects see mlb time with the yanks.

Cash has gotta go.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #327 on: July 31, 2016, 11:09:21 AM »

And arod to be dfad.

And them to suck for the next 5 years, while exactly zero of these prospects see mlb time with the yanks.

Cash has gotta go.

Well that's not the most optimistic view!  Grin

At least they are doing the right thing here . As far as which prospects pan out or don't ... Who knows.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #328 on: July 31, 2016, 11:57:22 AM »

And arod to be dfad.

Cash has gotta go.

At least they are doing the right thing here . As far as which prospects pan out or don't ... Who knows.

The chapman move was the right move.

The miller move is stupid as fuck if you plan to be a contender in the next couple years. He was effective and cheap.

So, either cash is stupid as fuck, or they dont plan to ge contenders any time soon. These Prospects dont help you in the next 3-5 years, really. And the biggest prospects theyve taken in are blocked my stupid cash deals (ellsbury) for awhile, too.

Its maddening. He has got to go.

Together again,
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #329 on: July 31, 2016, 01:06:48 PM »

And arod to be dfad.

Cash has gotta go.

The miller move is stupid as fuck if you plan to be a contender in the next couple years. He was effective and cheap.

So, either cash is stupid as fuck, or they dont plan to ge contenders any time soon. These Prospects dont help you in the next 3-5 years, really. And the biggest prospects theyve taken in are blocked my stupid cash deals (ellsbury) for awhile, too.

I do not mind the Miller trade

Relief pitchers are easliy replaced

New York has the benifit of being New York.  Players always seem to land there.   Sign a free agent relief guy.  Done

If you are going to rebuild go all in. Half hearted rebuilds never work and you get nothing out of it. 

But if the Yankees do suck for the next 5 years I really don't mind too much!   It is kinda hard to imagine them sucking any more than recent times though haha
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #330 on: July 31, 2016, 02:46:19 PM »

While I agree that Cashman has done an awful job over the past few years with certain deals. Ellsbury/ Cano will haunt me forever.

I don't see the point in holding on to Miller at this point in time and they appear to have gotten a nice package.

I rarely agree with Bacon but relievers are a year to year thing. They can replace his production very easily with a Melancon in free agency or a guy like him if they so choose. Heck maybe they even can bring back Chapman.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #331 on: July 31, 2016, 02:50:19 PM »

And arod to be dfad.

Cash has gotta go.

New York has the benifit of being New York.  Players always seem to land there.   Sign a free agent relief guy.  Done

If you are going to rebuild go all in. Half hearted rebuilds never work and you get nothing out of it. 

But if the Yankees do suck for the next 5 years I really don't mind too much!   It is kinda hard to imagine them sucking any more than recent times though haha

I have no real issue with their recent struggles. No Yankee fan is going to give back the World Series arod Tex and sabbathia won for us. We all knew we'd pay the price on the back end for it.

Plus they were in the wild card game last year it hasn't been atrocious.

Time for the full re build. I'm all for it. Should Cashman be in charge of it ? That's another issue... But he isn't going anywhere so that is moot.

They should cut bait with everybody. Release them if need be. Except ellsbury because it's impossible.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #332 on: July 31, 2016, 02:53:17 PM »

For anyone that actually watches baseball.  And doesn't just look at the stats

I think I have watched 75 percent of every inning of the jays this year

Sure we are all busy

Sure it is summer

Blah blah blah. 

I can watch the jays 24-7.  I can watch ball 24-7. On my phone.  On my tablet.  At work

I am a solo dad of two kids and I can make it work

Go jays

I've watched, or listened to on the radio, about 60% of the yanks innngs this year. The kate night west ciast games are just beyonb my ability to stay awake, and sometimes theres just other/better stuff to do. Smiley. And even then i chevk out innings here snd there by channel flipping or via my phone and mob gameday audio.

90 to 100 games is usually my average per season, plus playoffs. Smiley

I tend to watch or listen to most NL Cardinal games and home interleague games.

I'll keep track of scores on away interleague games but rarely tune in, my personal protest against interleague play in general... rant Angry

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #333 on: July 31, 2016, 10:52:17 PM »

Sure hope Tulo isn't out for long.  Or the Jays are screwed
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #334 on: July 31, 2016, 11:24:05 PM »

While I agree that Cashman has done an awful job over the past few years with certain deals. Ellsbury/ Cano will haunt me forever.

I don't see the point in holding on to Miller at this point in time and they appear to have gotten a nice package.

I rarely agree with Bacon but relievers are a year to year thing. They can replace his production very easily with a Melancon in free agency or a guy like him if they so choose. Heck maybe they even can bring back Chapman.

Its a nice package of prospects that.....are stuck behind established players and who might not make it to mlb.

Miller is a quality reliever signed for the next 2 seasons, cheap. While you can replace him, you cant replace him at that salary, which means directing resources you need in other places toward a place where you already had a strength. The yanks payroll is hamstrung enough by bad cash deals.

That, to me, means they dont think they need that quality relever for the next 2 years. They have basically already resigned themselves to sucking for awhile.

My point is that sucking can be laid squarely at the feet of cash.

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #335 on: July 31, 2016, 11:31:14 PM »

And arod to be dfad.

Cash has gotta go.

I have no real issue with their recent struggles. No Yankee fan is going to give back the World Series arod Tex and sabbathia won for us. We all knew we'd pay the price on the back end for it.

Time for the full re build. I'm all for it. Should Cashman be in charge of it ? That's another issue... But he isn't going anywhere so that is moot.

They should cut bait with everybody. Release them if need be. Except ellsbury because it's impossible.

I get arod, sab, and tex.

But headly was over paid by a shit ton. Ellsbury was overpaid and uneccessay, cano was left to walk away, mccann is just blockng prospects. Its not just the back end of the ws deals. Most of those players are gone.

Its all their moves that have hamstrung the team. Despite all evidence to the contrary, cash insisted on going old and big $, long after the keague was going the other way.

I agree, its time to cut bait and rebuild (and releae arod and take the hit). But its time for cash to go, and let someone else do it. And its def time for him to stop saying shit like "we are in position to build a super team"...just be honest. You are rebuilding. I know thsts gonna suck when it comes to ticket sales, but everyone who really follows the team knows thats what the fire sale means.

Together again,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #336 on: August 01, 2016, 12:34:31 AM »

And arod to be dfad.

Cash has gotta go.

I get arod, sab, and tex.

But headly was over paid by a shit ton. Ellsbury was overpaid and uneccessay, cano was left to walk away, mccann is just blockng prospects. Its not just the back end of the ws deals. Most of those players are gone.

Its all their moves that have hamstrung the team. Despite all evidence to the contrary, cash insisted on going old and big $, long after the keague was going the other way.

I agree, its time to cut bait and rebuild (and releae arod and take the hit). But its time for cash to go, and let someone else do it. And its def time for him to stop saying shit like "we are in position to build a super team"...just be honest. You are rebuilding. I know thsts gonna suck when it comes to ticket sales, but everyone who really follows the team knows thats what the fire sale means.

Time to clean house get rid of everyone you can by the deadline tomorrow. Release A-Rod. Anyone you can't trade by the deadline do it after the season. Beltran, McCann, Ellsbury, Gardner, Nova and Evoldi are the ones i'd unload.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #337 on: August 01, 2016, 12:39:39 AM »

I was surprised the Yanks dealt Miller. Like pilferk said, they had him under control for years to come, he has no problem closing of setting up, and his contract is a bargain by today's standards. Which infuriates me to this day the Red Sox didn't match the Yankees offer for him because they were all set with a 40 year old closer and didn't want to pay that much for a setup man. But that's another story. I really didn't think they'd deal Miller. It looks like they got a good package in return. That CF sounds like he's the real deal. Fans may be hoping he replaces Ellsbury long before his contract runs out. I'm not convinced they've completely learned their lesson and will go into complete rebuild mode though. I know they've sat out the last few years in free agency, but with all this money coming off the books can they control themselves? The Red Sox couldn't. They tried, it lasted a few years and then they overspent on Hanley and Pablo. Then they threw a mountain of cash at Price. Luckily they have a great farm system to fall back on. The Yanks are in the process of building theirs up, but can they refrain from handing out bad contracts to replace the ones they're ridding themselves of? That remains to be seen.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #338 on: August 01, 2016, 01:12:53 AM »

I was surprised the Yanks dealt Miller. Like pilferk said, they had him under control for years to come, he has no problem closing of setting up, and his contract is a bargain by today's standards. Which infuriates me to this day the Red Sox didn't match the Yankees offer for him because they were all set with a 40 year old closer and didn't want to pay that much for a setup man. But that's another story. I really didn't think they'd deal Miller. It looks like they got a good package in return. That CF sounds like he's the real deal. Fans may be hoping he replaces Ellsbury long before his contract runs out. I'm not convinced they've completely learned their lesson and will go into complete rebuild mode though. I know they've sat out the last few years in free agency, but with all this money coming off the books can they control themselves? The Red Sox couldn't. They tried, it lasted a few years and then they overspent on Hanley and Pablo. Then they threw a mountain of cash at Price. Luckily they have a great farm system to fall back on. The Yanks are in the process of building theirs up, but can they refrain from handing out bad contracts to replace the ones they're ridding themselves of? That remains to be seen.
God i hope so. The Steinbrenner sons are letting Cashman become too much like their dad.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #339 on: August 01, 2016, 01:08:24 PM »

Its a nice package of prospects that.....are stuck behind established players and who might not make it to mlb.

Miller is a quality reliever signed for the next 2 seasons, cheap. While you can replace him, you cant replace him at that salary, which means directing resources you need in other places toward a place where you already had a strength. The yanks payroll is hamstrung enough by bad cash deals.

That, to me, means they dont think they need that quality relever for the next 2 years. They have basically already resigned themselves to sucking for awhile.

My point is that sucking can be laid squarely at the feet of cash.

I thought miller was making millions and was 31.   Not really a age for a rebuild

And what does New York care about money anyways.   That's always there thing

Cheap not cheap. Who cares there.   
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: