Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:01:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227784 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2016 Baseball Season/Off Season Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2016 Baseball Season/Off Season Discussion  (Read 152593 times)
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #460 on: September 23, 2016, 04:43:57 PM »

So I see the Jays getting past Baltimore very easily in the wild card.  Especially if we have home field

Then we will face either Boston or the Rangers.  This horrible sept actually is working out great for the Jays in the over all scope
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #461 on: September 26, 2016, 03:45:00 PM »

RIP Jose Fernandez.  Horrible, horrible tragedy. 
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #462 on: September 26, 2016, 03:50:05 PM »

Really sickening. Life is really short and just unfair.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #463 on: September 26, 2016, 11:22:27 PM »

Yankees re a bunch of bush league bums

Even though the jays lost the game

We still kicked the crap out of those yankee fools!!!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #464 on: September 26, 2016, 11:24:39 PM »

Emotional scene in Miami tonight with Dee Gordon leading the game off with his first homer of the season, and him literally in tears rounding the bases. I can't imagine what they've all gone through the last couple of days.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #465 on: September 26, 2016, 11:26:35 PM »

Yankees re a bunch of bush league bums

Even though the jays lost the game

We still kicked the crap out of those yankee fools!!!
Thank you Yankees. Just need a win tomorrow against those New Yorkers to wrap up the AL East. I'd take another Blue Jays loss, but I'd rather the Sox clinch on their own terms.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #466 on: September 27, 2016, 09:48:50 AM »

Emotional scene in Miami tonight with Dee Gordon leading the game off with his first homer of the season, and him literally in tears rounding the bases. I can't imagine what they've all gone through the last couple of days.

That was amazing, never been so happy (or happy at all) to see the Mets lose, don't even care that playoffs are at stake. 
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #467 on: September 27, 2016, 01:09:14 PM »

That was amazing, never been so happy (or happy at all) to see the Mets lose, don't even care that playoffs are at stake. 

That was crazy emotional.  Really something. 
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #468 on: September 28, 2016, 08:18:42 AM »

Well, the Yanks have officially proven the prognostiacators wrong. They will finish at, or above, .500 for the season. What a benchmark and consolation.  rant

I will say, much higher hopes, if they can get their starting pitching in order, for next season.  They FINALLY did what they should have done 2 years ago....and that's actually give the guys in AAA a chance to prove they were worthwhile.  I'd rather you be bad and young (so you know what the farm system actually IS) vs mediocre and old, when you are rebuilding (and they have been, since about 2012).

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #469 on: September 29, 2016, 01:19:30 PM »

I got a big kick out of the Tex Message bat flip in Toronto the other night.

If any team ever deserves to have the knife stuck in them...it's that team.

Also didn't might the walk off grand salami last night! Very excited for the future.

Oh yeah... I have no intention of watching this awful Ortiz ceremony tonight. It's not the steroids that bother me (yes he used them) but the never ending trots around the bases that always got me riled up (and the fact that the Yankees never threw inside on him..and when Sabathia finally did Ortiz threw a hissy fit). Amazing hitter and clutch performer...not sorry to see him go.. and I don't have to honor him.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #470 on: September 29, 2016, 03:54:50 PM »

Also didn't might the walk off grand salami last night! Very excited for the future.

Oh yeah... I have no intention of watching this awful Ortiz ceremony tonight. It's not the steroids that bother me (yes he used them) but the never ending trots around the bases that always got me riled up (and the fact that the Yankees never threw inside on him..and when Sabathia finally did Ortiz threw a hissy fit). Amazing hitter and clutch performer...not sorry to see him go.. and I don't have to honor him.

That bat flip was harmless, you could tell he has never done it before!  When he screamed "blown Save" in the dugout out to the mound, that also wasn't a big deal

The Jays never should of gotten caught up in the emotion of a meaningless game and meaningless fight with an even more meaningless team!!  Well at least they won the scrum

This Tex guy can watch the Jays from his couch this fall in the playoffs and watch how a real bat flip is done baby!

Go Jays!
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #471 on: September 29, 2016, 04:18:52 PM »

I'm pretty sure Tex will be shining his WS ring in retirement something this Jays team will never do.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #472 on: September 29, 2016, 04:32:38 PM »

I'm pretty sure Tex will be shining his WS ring in retirement something this Jays team will never do.

I could see him in 10 years on an episode of Pawn Stars, trying to sell it
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #473 on: September 29, 2016, 06:26:52 PM »

I think he will be alright considering he made over a quarter of a billion.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #474 on: September 29, 2016, 11:30:23 PM »

You don't have to miss or honor him, but it's pretty amazing what he's done this year. Similar to Rivera as far as going out on top of his game. You don't see a still dominant player hang it up "prematurely". It most often works the other way where the player hangs on too long and overstays his welcome. Like Jeter a few years back when he was a shell of his former self. It's been a pleasure to witness what David has done so far this year. Defying the odds really.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #475 on: September 30, 2016, 06:03:24 AM »

You don't have to miss or honor him, but it's pretty amazing what he's done this year. Similar to Rivera as far as going out on top of his game. You don't see a still dominant player hang it up "prematurely". It most often works the other way where the player hangs on too long and overstays his welcome. Like Jeter a few years back when he was a shell of his former self. It's been a pleasure to witness what David has done so far this year. Defying the odds really.

No argument here. Guy just rakes.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #476 on: September 30, 2016, 10:04:39 AM »

I think he will be alright considering he made over a quarter of a billion.

Yep its going to be a shame to see him loose it all, but it is the New York way...

After that episode I can picture him on a ESPN special.  "New York bums that have lost all there money and actually where never that good and were horrible people."   

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #477 on: September 30, 2016, 12:26:45 PM »

We should have a separate thread just for your nonsensical Yankee hatred.  ok

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #478 on: September 30, 2016, 10:23:33 PM »

Classy gift from the Yankees to Ortiz last night. Rewarded him with a book filled with messages from Yankees past and present that went to battle with him over the years. Nicely done! And he just went yard to take the lead over Toronto. Blue Jays slipping. O's, M's, and Tigers ready to pounce.

https://www.facebook.com/peter.abraham.globe/photos/a.1316755541687028.1073741827.200090780020182/1604642832898296/?type=3&theater

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #479 on: October 01, 2016, 07:02:52 PM »

Classy gift from the Yankees to Ortiz last night. Rewarded him with a book filled with messages from Yankees past and present that went to battle with him over the years. Nicely done! And he just went yard to take the lead over Toronto. Blue Jays slipping. O's, M's, and Tigers ready to pounce.

https://www.facebook.com/peter.abraham.globe/photos/a.1316755541687028.1073741827.200090780020182/1604642832898296/?type=3&theater
That was nice of them considering how well they treated Jeter and Rivera in their final games at Fenewy.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: