Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 07:51:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227994 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Report/Rumor - Axl has pulled out of Jimmy Kimmel's show
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Report/Rumor - Axl has pulled out of Jimmy Kimmel's show  (Read 60390 times)
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #240 on: January 05, 2016, 01:35:13 PM »

You still think he's going on a talk show to announce what was already announced and is public knowledge by now?

Huh

/jarmo

So you think everything starts and stops with Coachella?  Can't think of anything else Axl might have to discuss???  Huh
jak0lantern01
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #241 on: January 05, 2016, 01:37:07 PM »

Stop.  ABC put it on their website.  And you were all over it.  It was confirmed.  It doesn't take a guest to confirm their appearance on a show, the show confirms it.

I agree. They wouldn't have put his name up there "hoping" he would come.

You sound like some kid waiting around for the Great Pumpkin on Halloween........    hihi
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #242 on: January 05, 2016, 01:38:27 PM »

You still think he's going on a talk show to announce what was already announced and is public knowledge by now?

Only reason to go on now is perform.  And maybe that's what's Frank's "secret mission" is.

But as others have speculated, part of their price negotiated with the Coachella people might entail that being their first public performance.  So it might not even be possible.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jamillos22
Rocker

« Reply #243 on: January 05, 2016, 01:42:55 PM »

Welcome to the new Guns N? Roses era, ladies and gentlemen! And we?ll start off in a very, really very unusual and surprising way this time.

Wait for it.............................

Aaaaand Axl is a no-show!!!!!

I guess some things never change, whoa, never change... Cheesy

Cut it out just anytime- here, I'll quote from Pilferk:

It was a canceled appearance, cancelled well before the actual time he was supposed to be there.  And then publicized in advance, too. 

I know, I know, I was just joking around. This is, however, how a number of people might see it. Anyways, to hell with them. I?m so excited these days, it?s all so incredible!

Hell has frozen over.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #244 on: January 05, 2016, 01:47:07 PM »

So you think everything starts and stops with Coachella?  Can't think of anything else Axl might have to discuss???  Huh

I suspect the reunion and Coachella would've the main points.

I guess current events could've been another discussion (like in 2012).

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #245 on: January 05, 2016, 02:00:12 PM »

Huh

/jarmo

I think that you are very well aware that even if Axl shows up in the stupid talk show the people won't be happy... AGAIN...  Grin

"...It don't really matter..."
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #246 on: January 05, 2016, 02:03:39 PM »

Huh

/jarmo

Likely not.  But would be cool if some surprise was going down and he still shows up, perhaps with some friends.  But that's just my fantasy, and doesn't have much to to do with what may or may not be reality.  We'll soon see...
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #247 on: January 05, 2016, 02:06:47 PM »

It would have been nice to get some of the hows and whys of all this on Kimmel, plus it would have been a good platform to announce plans for new music (if that's planned) and any post-Coachella concerts for this year.  But I think we'll get all that soon enough.
xxgunsxx
Headliner

« Reply #248 on: January 05, 2016, 02:08:43 PM »

I was confident Axl was still going to come on JKL, however they have another guest booked now in place of Axl.
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #249 on: January 05, 2016, 02:11:39 PM »

Shit happens, something came up. Who knows. Maybe they wanted to announce a tour beyond Coachella but can't just yet. I wouldn't be surprised to see this rebooked in a month.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #250 on: January 05, 2016, 02:23:54 PM »

I suspect the reunion and Coachella would've the main points.

I guess current events could've been another discussion (like in 2012).

/jarmo

Exactly. I think people expect a little too much from these interviews. The Coachella announcement probably would have been made. And I was holding out hope that he'd announce Slash was back and he'd join him at the couch. Now don't get me wrong. That would have been AWESOME! But who knows if that was really in the cards, or if that was just my fanboy dream. I'm not sure he would have announced the full lineup. Even though guys have alluded to their involvement through social media, they may leave that little bit of mystery until they hit the stage for the first time. And I highly doubt he was going to announce a full 25 stadium tour itinerary full with opening bands and everything. Confirmation of new songs? All that would have been nice. But these late night show interviews are light hearted. They're not exactly meant to get to the bottom of things and clear up life's mysteries.

Again, I would have loved to have seen it. But the news we got yesterday far outweighs any disappointment that I briefly felt last night. It's not even close. I look forward to whatever is to come. This cancellation is merely a blip on the radar screen. It's time to move on.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
McKenzie
Headliner

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

« Reply #251 on: January 05, 2016, 02:27:46 PM »

http://abc.go.com/shows/jimmy-kimmel-live/news/schedule/jkl-schedule-for-01042016
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #252 on: January 05, 2016, 02:29:02 PM »

Huh

/jarmo

That's kind of how PR works... Most normal entertainers don't just announce something once from a paid fan club.

Look at Star Wars, do you really think it wasn't public knowledge when Harrison Ford made multiple talk show appearances? How about your average pop star that will do Kimmel, Fallon, and Colbert all to promote something.

It became public knowledge for people who were looking for it and knew it was coming. Had Kimmel happened tonight (on ABC) it would have been on Good Morning America Wednesday morning, and would have been plastered on their Web Properties. TMZ would have played clips from it, and had video of him leaving and getting in his car etc...

INSTEAD, I have seen more reports, and heard from coworkers about the Kimmel Cancelation being 'typical Axl' than I have about Coachella and when Coachella is brought up today at work it is typically in regards to Kimmel with a 'I'll believe it when I see them show up, he couldn't even do an interview".

Why chase away good press and momentum? Even if Axl wants to shy away from the PR dog and pony show, fine, let Slash do it.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #253 on: January 05, 2016, 02:31:42 PM »

It looks the same to me, was something changed?

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #254 on: January 05, 2016, 02:34:24 PM »

They filled Axl's slot with Jon Favreau.  I guess Regis was busy. 
GNRVahland
Rocker

All Quiet on the Western Front

« Reply #255 on: January 05, 2016, 02:34:33 PM »

Open spot on Thursday...whisful thinking...but...stranger things happened  peace
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #256 on: January 05, 2016, 02:34:53 PM »

New guest for tonight with Natalie (Jon Favreau) and open slot on Thurs.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #257 on: January 05, 2016, 02:35:48 PM »

If I'm Favreau I come out dressed as Axl...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #258 on: January 05, 2016, 02:37:15 PM »

That's kind of how PR works... Most normal entertainers don't just announce something once from a paid fan club.

Yeah: Axl Rose goes on JKL and confirms what we already knew.

Either way, the news got out. Check your social media and news outlets.... Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #259 on: January 05, 2016, 02:37:30 PM »

Huh

/jarmo

Look at Star Wars, do you really think it wasn't public knowledge when Harrison Ford made multiple talk show appearances? How about your average pop star that will do Kimmel, Fallon, and Colbert all to promote something.

It became public knowledge for people who were looking for it and knew it was coming. Had Kimmel happened tonight (on ABC) it would have been on Good Morning America Wednesday morning, and would have been plastered on their Web Properties. TMZ would have played clips from it, and had video of him leaving and getting in his car etc...

INSTEAD, I have seen more reports, and heard from coworkers about the Kimmel Cancelation being 'typical Axl' than I have about Coachella and when Coachella is brought up today at work it is typically in regards to Kimmel with a 'I'll believe it when I see them show up, he couldn't even do an interview".

Why chase away good press and momentum? Even if Axl wants to shy away from the PR dog and pony show, fine, let Slash do it.
There will be other opportunities I would think. I wouldn't let one cancellation bring down the excitement level. If he showed up tonight people would still have their doubts about the whole situation. Maybe he'll reschedule. Maybe he'll go somewhere else to talk. Maybe Slash or Duff will help out on the promotional side of things. Maybe they plan to be as mysterious as they can be. Who really knows. I do know that life goes on and doesn't end tonight when Axl doesn't show up on Kimmel. We've got 3+ months before they take the stage. A lot can still happen.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: