Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 07:06:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227994 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Report/Rumor - Axl has pulled out of Jimmy Kimmel's show
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Report/Rumor - Axl has pulled out of Jimmy Kimmel's show  (Read 60388 times)
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2016, 05:48:57 PM »

The schedule for Tuesday night still shows an unfilled slot, so I wouldn't count this out just yet.  What happens if it is an actual last minute cancellation?  Does Kimmel have a longer conversation with the other scheduled guest or do they just pull Regis Philbin out of the back closet to fill in as a sub?  
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2016, 05:49:23 PM »

I listen to the Bill Simmons (he's a sports personality) Podcast every monday with Cousin Sal(who is affiliated with Jimmy Kimmel Live) and Sal always promotes guests on Jimmy Kimmel for the week and there was no mention of Axl. So I'm going with this report being true that the appearance was cancelled.

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
ComeOnAxl!
Rocker

Sup Ya Brew 2 !

« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2016, 05:49:38 PM »

Any momentum has just dropped lower than whale shit. Planet Rock radio station here in the UK reported his appearance at like 6pm this evening and a few hours later its cancelled?

Bow!
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2016, 05:51:35 PM »

Here we go again...Nothin' new on the gnr horizon  Roll Eyes
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2016, 05:52:50 PM »

Hopefully its just a small fumble, but unfortunately these things only fuel the public's perception that Axl is unreliable.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2016, 05:52:59 PM »

Yeah the appearance had been reported as official and legit this morning and now it is gone.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #46 on: January 04, 2016, 05:54:00 PM »

Lets relax a little. Just because no announcement is coming tomorrow, doesn't mean there is no announcement at all. We'll find out soon enough one way or the other. Could just be wanting to finalize details of whats to come before making any official announcement.

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
(t)
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: January 04, 2016, 05:55:04 PM »

Axl pulled out because he didn't want to get Jimmy pregnant.

The whole reunion marketing strategy to this point has been akin to extended foreplay.
Princess Leia
« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2016, 05:56:07 PM »

Lets relax a little. Just because no announcement is coming tomorrow, doesn't mean there is no announcement at all. We'll find out soon enough one way or the other. Could just be wanting to finalize details of whats to come before making any official announcement.

Coachella is supposed to announce on Wenesday
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2016, 05:58:28 PM »

Well.... Axl did warn us! The only thing confirmed is his love of Taco Bel ok  rofl
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2016, 05:59:14 PM »

Perhaps Coachella producers told Axl that they have exclusive rights to announce before anyone else?  Would have thought this would have been worked out but always a shit show.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #51 on: January 04, 2016, 06:00:23 PM »

Nothing is ever easy.

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
raindog
Rocker

« Reply #52 on: January 04, 2016, 06:00:50 PM »

When will we learn, myself included, that with Guns, nothing ever goes smoothly. If it seems too good to be true, it usually is. Sad  Undecided

That said who knows it could be absolutely nothing. Axl has a cold so he's going to do it next week. Or if it was going to be a onscreen reunion, Slash or Duff are ill. If this is what we think it's going to be, it'll be a moment to live on in eternity so they'll want to get it right. When Axl, Slash, Duff and you and me are long gone there'll still be people watching this shit. It'll still be in all the documentaries. Hey, remember rock music? Remember Guns N' Roses?

Just for once, please Axl or TB or whoever, instead of having all your fans tune in and go to bed downcast and pissed off, one tweet if it's still happening. 'See you on Kimmel! It won't be tomorrow but I'll be on there soon'. If that is indeed the case.
Princess Leia
« Reply #53 on: January 04, 2016, 06:03:02 PM »

Perhaps Coachella producers told Axl that they have exclusive rights to announce before anyone else?  Would have thought this would have been worked out but always a shit show.

Coachella is our official source of information at this point. Unless someone from the GN?R camp wants to make a statement
(t)
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #54 on: January 04, 2016, 06:07:48 PM »

Maybe this is all part of the strategy. Keep 'em guessing. (?)
raindog
Rocker

« Reply #55 on: January 04, 2016, 06:14:01 PM »

Making people who were going to tune in not bother to seems like a pretty lousy strategy.
Kenan
Opening Act

« Reply #56 on: January 04, 2016, 06:16:55 PM »

"I just received confirmation that Axl will NOT be appearing on Jimmy Kimmel Tuesday, January 5th!

Sorry to disappoint but I can now confirm." - Downzy over at MyGNR

"No reason [was] given.  I sent out an email to someone connected with the band the answer I got back is that Axl will not be appearing in tomorrow night's show.  Hopefully we'll hear more in the coming days, so I wouldn't get too discouraged.  It's just not going to be on Kimmel tomorrow night.  That's all I know." - Downzy

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/213268-any-pre-airing-spoilers-will-be-in-this-thread-axl-rose-to-talk-guns-n-roses-on-jimmy-kimmel-live-tuesday-january-5th/page-50

Very dissapointed. But perhaps should have known better than to get my hopes up. Let's hope Coachella announcement, in one way or another, ends this whole sharade once and for all..
(t)
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2016, 06:26:52 PM »

Making people who were going to tune in not bother to seems like a pretty lousy strategy.

People are probably going to watch anyway, just in case.
raindog
Rocker

« Reply #58 on: January 04, 2016, 06:28:49 PM »

People are probably going to watch anyway, just in case.

Less than would have if they just confirmed him and left it at that instead of farting around.
Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #59 on: January 04, 2016, 06:36:42 PM »

Its obvious that he was going to be on the show ABC would exploit his appearance in every ways possible to get as much audience they could...i mean...they would be advertising it by one week at least. Why make an appearance like this a suprise?? Cmon people, lets face it he wont be there and maybe never was close to!

14/apr/2010 @Apoteose Rio | 02/oct/2011 @Rock in Rio 2011 | 20/mar/2014 @HSBC Arena Rio | 12/nov/2016 @Alllianz Park S?o Paulo | 15/nov/2016 @Est?dio Engenh?o Rio | 23/sep/2017 @ Rock in Rio 2017
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: