Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 01:03:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Wouldn't It Be Neat If...Then
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wouldn't It Be Neat If...Then  (Read 5965 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2016, 10:38:41 AM »

My point was here...sort of...was to say if you contract Adler for one show....give him his day in the spotlight...then you don't need to mess with him anymore as far as guest appearances, etc. Same goes for Matt...and a much lesser extent Izzy. Izzy can do 2 full shows for God's sake. Let them have a day and then move forward with the hybrid lineup for a full on tour. It's really not that complicated and you kill a bunch of birds with one stone.

I agree with this.

Give them their moment at Coachella, and that's that.  Don't need them for a full tour.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2016, 12:47:07 PM »

To be honest, I would like this to be the LAST lineup of the band. I want GNR to be a band, not some kind of NIN-ish thing.

Form one solid lineup, and fight to keep it till the end. That's the advise I would give to the band.

I hope this lineup works hard to create new music and focus in the future, not in the nostalgic past. Yeah, maybe im being too naive... a good hint to know if this is what the band plans will be Coachella's setlist.

- If they add 4/5 ChiDem songs and perform a new song:  beer
- If they play 1/2 ChiDem songs and no new songs:  ok...
- If they don't play ChiDem songs:  crying

If the third option happens, I will strongly start to believe that Axl has been cursed or someone stole his soul...

I would be VERY surprised if they would play anything from CD. I don't think Slash's ego would let him play those songs.

And I dont think Axl will magically decide ok, that part of Guns history never happened!

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
otgm
Opening Act

Personal text

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2016, 03:39:18 AM »

For me none of the new songs are good enough to deserve a place in the setlist. There's whole of AFD, some songs from Lies and most of UYI's that I'd rather see them play. If they HAVE to play something from CD, I guess songs like Better, Chinese Democracy and Street Of Dreams would suit Slash the best.  They are closest to the classic rock sound of Guns N' Roses.

Been hidin' out and layin' low
It's nuthin' new ta me
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2016, 06:42:17 AM »

I feel it is more like a nostalgia thing...I dont expect new material or releases, Maybe some tours every once in a while for the next 5 years or something and then game over.

Todd Kerns posted a huge message on his Facebook, said that SMKC knew about the reunion for a long time and that they plan to record SMKC 3 and release around 2017. That implies that GNR wont be a full time job for Slash IMO.

I didn't get that meaning out of that post at all  Huh

I do get it. And if it's true, it's extremely sad Sad

Interpretations vary- I did not draw that conclusion at all.
Same here. Besides, they had plans to do the album in 2016. Now its been pushed to 2017. Wouldn't take much to do that again.

My point was here...sort of...was to say if you contract Adler for one show....give him his day in the spotlight...then you don't need to mess with him anymore as far as guest appearances, etc. Same goes for Matt...and a much lesser extent Izzy. Izzy can do 2 full shows for God's sake. Let them have a day and then move forward with the hybrid lineup for a full on tour. It's really not that complicated and you kill a bunch of birds with one stone.
This is a great point.

I would be VERY surprised if they would play anything from CD.
When the reunion hoopla first started I thought this as well. Pitman's inclusion shows they are either doing CD and/or CD II. You don't need him there for Think About You.

For me none of the new songs are good enough to deserve a place in the setlist. There's whole of AFD, some songs from Lies and most of UYI's that I'd rather see them play.
I get what you're saying(to a degree) but if they are moving forward and its not just a nostalgia tour, I don't see the need to avoid the Chinese era.

If this was being pushed as an AFD shindig then yeah....drop Chinese.  It isn't being pushed as that so expect a Chinese buffet of sorts. Pitman's involvement shows that all options are currently on the table. I know some fans minimize his contributions but I think its telling that he is being included. He also seems excited about it. A happy Pitman mentioning how creative of a year it was might make a happy fan base.  hihi

raindog
Rocker

« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2016, 06:58:13 AM »

Weird how some things seem to point to this reunion being in the pipeline for a long while but some others, notably Slash seemingly originally planning to spend this year touring a new album of his own seem to point the other way.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2016, 07:35:38 AM »

I would be VERY surprised if they would play anything from CD.
When the reunion hoopla first started I thought this as well. Pitman's inclusion shows they are either doing CD and/or CD II. You don't need him there for Think About You.
You do need him for Illusions songs like November Rain, for the synth orchestra and FX. That's why they had Teddy Zig Zag.

For me none of the new songs are good enough to deserve a place in the setlist. There's whole of AFD, some songs from Lies and most of UYI's that I'd rather see them play.
I get what you're saying(to a degree) but if they are moving forward and its not just a nostalgia tour, I don't see the need to avoid the Chinese era.

If this was being pushed as an AFD shindig then yeah....drop Chinese.  It isn't being pushed as that so expect a Chinese buffet of sorts. Pitman's involvement shows that all options are currently on the table. I know some fans minimize his contributions but I think its telling that he is being included. He also seems excited about it. A happy Pitman mentioning how creative of a year it was might make a happy fan base.  hihi
Good point. I think it shows how Chinese is not off the table.

Also, I think that new GNR slot machine tracklist and the Coachella's press release are a pretty good hint: Chinese Democracy is not forgotten.

Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: