Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:37:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227784 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Secondary ticket market -- safe??
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Secondary ticket market -- safe??  (Read 5794 times)
inlikeflynn420
Rocker

Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke!

« on: January 21, 2016, 10:19:33 AM »

I wasn't able to get tix on the presale, hoping to get something Saturday. If not, I'll be looking into Stubhub, Vivid Seats, etc. just wondering if anyone had any bad experiences (aka, got screwed) when buying tickets this way. I saw some of them said "download available around April 4th". That's cutting it pretty close if it falls through and I already have a flight booked. Any experiences, good or bad, would be appreciated. Thanks (also, some of the tickets listed require you buy them in pairs--if anyone on here just needed one and had to buy 2, maybe I could buy the other one)

8.4.88Philly
6.11.91Hershey
7.17.92D.C.
12.6.2Philly*
10.25.6Tampa
11.13.6Baltimore
1.28.10Toronto
11.20.11WilkesBarre
11.26.11Camden
2.27.12Philly
5.13.14Bethlehem
4.8.16Vegas
7.14.16Phil
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2016, 10:25:30 AM »

Stub Hub is reliable.  Their business is fucked if they don't stand by what they sell.

Of course, that only means you won't get screwed out of your money.  They can't will up the tickets out of thin air if the guy flakes.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
T-Bone
Opening Act

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2016, 10:52:54 AM »

Stub Hub is reliable.  Their business is fucked if they don't stand by what they sell.

Of course, that only means you won't get screwed out of your money.  They can't will up the tickets out of thin air if the guy flakes.

Perfectly stated. With StubHub you won't lose your $, but if the seller flakes at that late hour... ugh.

Hopefully we'll see plenty of at-cost exchanges here on the forum. (I have an extra pair for both nights that I'd be happy to sell to anyone here at my cost - Section 14 for Friday, Section 12 for Sat.)
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2016, 10:55:46 AM »

In my experience with StubHub, since pretty much all tickets are electronic I get the ticket shortly after I've paid.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
T-Bone
Opening Act

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2016, 10:58:21 AM »

In my experience with StubHub, since pretty much all tickets are electronic I get the ticket shortly after I've paid.

In yesterday's Citi presale, my confirmation emails stated that the electronic tickets wouldn't be sent from AXS before March 11.  Not sure if that's the same for the other presales and regular on-sale.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 11:01:53 AM by T-Bone » Logged
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2016, 11:00:22 AM »

If your going to go the stub hub route do so early enough because the prices will only go up as the dates get closer and momentum picking up where people are jumping on the bandwagon
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2016, 11:03:16 AM »

In yesterday's Citi presale, my confirmation emails stated that the electronic tickets wouldn't be sent from AXS before March 11.  Not sure if that's the same for the other presales or regular on-sale.

There's no chance of a last minute flake since the tickets become available nearly a month before the concert.

I was thinking of a scenario where you're standing on April 8 at the strip in Las Vegas with your suitcases, and the ticket never comes...  hihi

Sweetness is a virtue
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2016, 11:05:46 AM »

That said, I would try on Saturday first... then go to StubHub as a backup. You'll save money if you're lucky.

Sweetness is a virtue
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2016, 05:00:18 PM »

I have seen this happen with Playoff Football tickets at Stub Hub:

You buy the ticket for lets say $250 dollars... Stub Hub sends the Electronic Ticket very close to the event because they reserve the right to pull back the ticket if the market has driven the value of the ticket up to say $500... you get your $250 back, but they are going to get the $500 if they can. That is the one thing you have to be careful of, that is typically only done though for things like the Super Bowl and Conference Championship games that have a highly inflated value.
Annie
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2016, 12:53:24 PM »

I have always had great luck with www.crosstowntickets.com
Bought tix for Justin Bieber, Paul McCartney and GNR UCAP . Actually sat with the guy at the GNR show. Very nice guy.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 12:55:48 PM by Little EMO Annie » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: