Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 05:35:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Anyone else hope Steven ISN'T involved?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Anyone else hope Steven ISN'T involved?  (Read 49517 times)
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #180 on: February 25, 2016, 05:14:23 PM »

If you told me 5 years ago that there would be a Axl-Slash-Duff reunion and that some people obviously blinded to reality by sentimental nostalgia were whining about Adler being involved, I wouldn't believe it!  hihi

I have to agree.  I'm astounded by this.

I knew Steven had his fanboys, but he's gotta be thrilled with the doggedness of his defenders here.  Stronger than I could have ever imagined.

I dunno if they are "fanboys".... i think its more a case of... we have not been this close to having the classic line up since forever... and people are pushing for Steven and Izzy to be included because they have this romantic notion in their minds that if it happens it'll take them back to 1987.. etc... ill admit... ive been guilty of that to a point...

However.. if people step back and look at the situation... its fairly obvious (to me at least) that steven and izzy arent viable options for a full tour for varying reasons... i am at ease with it...

would i prefer to get the illusion guys in over richard and frank... yes. but again.. that's probably the romantic nostalgic side of me coming out again coupled with a bit of anti chinese era coming out too.  Wink

I can live with a line up of, frank, richard, slash, duff and Axl though.. and i think its obvious thats what we will get. It will still rock like hell, and i cant wait.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #181 on: February 26, 2016, 02:43:45 PM »

If you told me 5 years ago that there would be a Axl-Slash-Duff reunion and that some people obviously blinded to reality by sentimental nostalgia were whining about Adler being involved, I wouldn't believe it!  hihi

I knew Steven had his fanboys, but he's gotta be thrilled with the doggedness of his defenders here.  Stronger than I could have ever imagined.

I dunno if they are "fanboys".... i think its more a case of... we have not been this close to having the classic line up since forever... and people are pushing for Steven and Izzy to be included because they have this romantic notion in their minds that if it happens it'll take them back to 1987.. etc... ill admit... ive been guilty of that to a point...

However.. if people step back and look at the situation... its fairly obvious (to me at least) that steven and izzy arent viable options for a full tour for varying reasons... i am at ease with it...

would i prefer to get the illusion guys in over richard and frank... yes. but again.. that's probably the romantic nostalgic side of me coming out again coupled with a bit of anti chinese era coming out too.  Wink

I can live with a line up of, frank, richard, slash, duff and Axl though.. and i think its obvious thats what we will get. It will still rock like hell, and i cant wait.

Great Post-

I prefer to be glad for what is happening, instead of being upset over what's not happening-  don't honestly see many people are going to decide not to go based on who the drummer is, or isn't.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
TokyoRose
Headliner

« Reply #182 on: February 26, 2016, 03:36:09 PM »

As long as he behaves I think he'll get some guest time at least here and there.  Thats all I really care about.

Here is the reality.  We all have favorites from the past and present.  I just want as many of them on GOOD TERMS with axl as possible.
I want a healing for all parties.  I dont have to have Adler and Izzy back in full time.  I just want them involved in the legacy, and not on the complete outs.
Because....they are part of the legacy.  G n R is a collection of great players.  Frank is awesome at drums.  I just want to see everyone involved,
and included.  The more talent the better.
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #183 on: February 26, 2016, 03:47:12 PM »

The irritating part about it is that everyone has to be on "perfect" terms with Axl or nothing happens. I really really don't like that aspect of this whole thing.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #184 on: February 26, 2016, 09:00:08 PM »

Great Post-

I prefer to be glad for what is happening, instead of being upset over what's not happening-  don't honestly see many people are going to decide not to go based on who the drummer is, or isn't.

Well as you know, I've been very vocal about what I really wanted to happen and I got 75% of it, so I'm ecstatic! 😀

I do think the people who are overly vocal about the whole "it's not GNR unless Izzy is involved, are more casual fans who know the history of the band but probably aren't familiar with why this isn't possible. It's simply the fact Izzy doesn't want the hoopla and the touring has never say well with him as well as the spotlight. And that spotlight is shining very bright on GNR right now.
Frankly I get sick of reading keyboard warrior comments on Facebook slagging Axl and guns because it looks like Izzy and Steven aren't going to have a major role. The reasons are there pretty clearly for the rest of us.

Anyway, on a personal note, this reunion could not have come at a worse time for me lol
If it had of happened 18 months ago or at any time before that I'd have been straight to the states for multiple shows, but I had a baby recently and it's just not possible so I'm hoping that this all works out and they get down my way soon!
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #185 on: February 26, 2016, 10:42:27 PM »

Great Post-

Well as you know, I've been very vocal about what I really wanted to happen and I got 75% of it, so I'm ecstatic! 😀

I do think the people who are overly vocal about the whole "it's not GNR unless Izzy is involved, are more casual fans who know the history of the band but probably aren't familiar with why this isn't possible. It's simply the fact Izzy doesn't want the hoopla and the touring has never say well with him as well as the spotlight. And that spotlight is shining very bright on GNR right now.
Frankly I get sick of reading keyboard warrior comments on Facebook slagging Axl and guns because it looks like Izzy and Steven aren't going to have a major role. The reasons are there pretty clearly for the rest of us.

Anyway, on a personal note, this reunion could not have come at a worse time for me lol
If it had of happened 18 months ago or at any time before that I'd have been straight to the states for multiple shows, but I had a baby recently and it's just not possible so I'm hoping that this all works out and they get down my way soon!

Congratulations on the new addition!

I get very tired of hearing people complain about why this regrouping isn't what they want- it gets old, and people aren't really dealing with the reality that a full AFD reunion hasn't been advertised, nor is it likely -aside from some guest appearances.

Hope GNR gets to your continent and that things work out for you to go to a show.  peace

"Shut the fuck up."
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #186 on: February 27, 2016, 06:50:47 AM »

The irritating part about it is that everyone has to be on "perfect" terms with Axl or nothing happens. I really really don't like that aspect of this whole thing.

"Heavy is the head that wears the crown"

comprende?

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
OscarAxl22
VIP

« Reply #187 on: February 27, 2016, 06:53:02 AM »

Great Post-

Congratulations on the new addition!

I get very tired of hearing people complain about why this regrouping isn't what they want- it gets old, and people aren't really dealing with the reality that a full AFD reunion hasn't been advertised, nor is it likely -aside from some guest appearances.

Hope GNR gets to your continent and that things work out for you to go to a show.  peace

Cheers Emily  beer

100% agree ^^^ I actually find it quite absurd that there's still people with a negative opinion on this... I know I've been accused of negativity on here and I'm not blind enough not to admit that, but what is happening with GNR right now is s minor miracle, so to actually see it happening has personally blown me away all things considered.

Although I won't get to a states show I'll be all over it (from Aus) and no doubt il get all the inside reviews from you guys so it's still going to be special watching this unfold. Hope you can get to a shoe or 2 mate Smiley

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #188 on: February 27, 2016, 06:57:16 AM »

The new lineup is killer....excited for the shows. A lot of people will actually be able to go and not be forced to watch Youtubes of the '72 Stones.  hihi

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #189 on: February 27, 2016, 08:33:54 AM »

It's his show, man.

Things have to at least be decent with everybody if they are seriously talking about doing an entire tour.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #190 on: February 27, 2016, 09:23:01 AM »

Slash played that benefit last night. Steven wasn't there according to reports.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #191 on: February 27, 2016, 05:20:38 PM »

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Kasanova King
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #192 on: February 27, 2016, 08:35:59 PM »

Whether you like Adler as a person or not is irrelevant.  Musically, AFD (Probably their best album, if not at least on par with the Illusions albums) would never have been what it was without Adler.  Even some of the Illusions songs could have been better with Adler on them vs. Sorum.  Sorum is a "power" drummer.  Adler is "swing" drummer...two completely different styles that can easily be distinguished from listening to AFD/Lies vs. Illusions.  So of course I would like to see Adler on least a few, if not all, the AFD/Lies songs.  Any true fan would.

-KK
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #193 on: February 27, 2016, 08:45:47 PM »

Whether you like Adler as a person or not is irrelevant.  Musically, AFD (Probably their best album, if not at least on par with the Illusions albums) would never have been what it was without Adler.  Even some of the Illusions songs could have been better with Adler on them vs. Sorum.  Sorum is a "power" drummer.  Adler is "swing" drummer...two completely different styles that can easily be distinguished from listening to AFD/Lies vs. Illusions.  So of course I would like to see Adler on least a few, if not all, the AFD/Lies songs.  Any true fan would.

ding ding ding

bingo

thanks I agree 100%

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
GNRMTL
Headliner

« Reply #194 on: February 27, 2016, 10:33:59 PM »

This topic  should be closed .  Frank's  the man behind the kit fact  Steven will possibly get a few guest appearances, maybe.  You'll see wil all see.   Yes appetite is one of the best rock n roll albums of all time but GNR are much more than just that album.   The train hasn't stopped rolling,   #GnFnR
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 10:35:55 PM by GNRMTL » Logged

Miami 92
Montreal 92
Toronto 02
4 nights at the Hammerstein
Ottowa 06
Montreal 10
Hiro 12
Miami Filmore 12
Montreal 13
New Jersey 16
Montreal 17
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #195 on: February 28, 2016, 03:32:25 AM »

I think Frank replicates what's needed perfectly, the question has to be can Steven...  And why disrupt the flow to appease a few purist when in truth 99.9% really don't give a fuck about him.  And yes I am in that camp.
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #196 on: February 28, 2016, 04:23:51 AM »

most probably he just had a dose or two in the backstage, mumbling how he totally deserves to be a GNR drummer hihi

fozzie10
Headliner

« Reply #197 on: February 28, 2016, 04:26:54 AM »

I feel (and im not going through a 10 page thread to read it all)Adler should for a show or two at least be involved as say a guest star type deal.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #198 on: February 28, 2016, 10:57:04 AM »

most probably he just had a dose or two in the backstage, mumbling how he totally deserves to be a GNR drummer hihi

Probably shouting it from "the toppest mountain"  hihi

"Shut the fuck up."
Virolec
Rocker

« Reply #199 on: February 28, 2016, 01:07:04 PM »

I prefer Sorum to Adler as a drummer anyway (more of a metal than a rock fan, and his driving style is a lot heavier), but Frank is a perfectly competent drummer himself.

Nargle them.  Fargle them.  Nargle-fargle them.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: