Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 06:39:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Anyone else hope Steven ISN'T involved?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Anyone else hope Steven ISN'T involved?  (Read 49522 times)
Kasanova King
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #200 on: February 28, 2016, 01:10:24 PM »

Whether you like Adler as a person or not is irrelevant.  Musically, AFD (Probably their best album, if not at least on par with the Illusions albums) would never have been what it was without Adler.  Even some of the Illusions songs could have been better with Adler on them vs. Sorum.  Sorum is a "power" drummer.  Adler is "swing" drummer...two completely different styles that can easily be distinguished from listening to AFD/Lies vs. Illusions.  So of course I would like to see Adler on least a few, if not all, the AFD/Lies songs.  Any true fan would.

I think Frank replicates what's needed perfectly, the question has to be can Steven...  And why disrupt the flow to appease a few purist when in truth 99.9% really don't give a fuck about him.  And yes I am in that camp.

That's simply not true.  Other than this particular forum, the vast majority of fans on every single other G N' R forum and the vast majority of fans spending thousands of dollars between flights, hotel stays and tickets to see them in Vegas do indeed want to see Adler involved in at least some capacity.  That is a fact. 

-KK
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #201 on: February 28, 2016, 01:15:59 PM »

That is a fact. 
I think you need to look up what the word "fact" means.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Kasanova King
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #202 on: February 28, 2016, 01:18:37 PM »

That is a fact. 
I think you need to look up what the word "fact" means.

Have you been on any other forums?  Have you spoken to anyone else about Adler other than this thread on this forum?  So you think 99.9% of people (fans) don't care about Adler's involvement?   Roll Eyes

-KK
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #203 on: February 28, 2016, 01:22:13 PM »

Have you been on any other forums?  Have you spoken to anyone else about Adler other than this thread on this forum?  So you think 99.9% of people (fans) don't care about Adler's involvement?   Roll Eyes

Doesn't make your statement a FACT.  It's peoples' opinions and, as the saying goes, everyone's got one.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
GNRMTL
Headliner

« Reply #204 on: February 28, 2016, 01:23:46 PM »

The vast majority of complainers do nothing but sit behind a screen.  If guns kept on after 93 this wouldn't even be a discussion.  Steven is a great drummer but he hasn't been in guns since 89, it's 2016.  This is not a reunion tour. It's a reunion between Axl Slash n Duff.   Izzy has always been behind the scenes he's a different story.  I've seen him play a handful of shows since 2006 .  If Steven gets a guest spot great if he doesn't who cares.  The tour will sell out anyway regardless.  Frank is the best drummer the band has had in the last decade.  He's got soul funk and a killer groove.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 01:33:24 PM by GNRMTL » Logged

Miami 92
Montreal 92
Toronto 02
4 nights at the Hammerstein
Ottowa 06
Montreal 10
Hiro 12
Miami Filmore 12
Montreal 13
New Jersey 16
Montreal 17
Kasanova King
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #205 on: February 28, 2016, 01:25:48 PM »

Doesn't make your statement a FACT.  It's peoples' opinions and, as the saying goes, everyone's got one.

I'll rephrase then.  The fact is that the majority of fans I've personally interacted with over the past few weeks and months would like to see Adler involved in some capacity.   ok

-KK
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #206 on: February 28, 2016, 07:47:05 PM »

I'll rephrase then.  The fact is that the majority of fans I've personally interacted with over the past few weeks and months would like to see Adler involved in some capacity.   ok

Yeah I have run into sort of  the same thing with people I know.  Honestly, pretty much all of my friends have asked about Matt Sorum and not Steven Adler.  A lot of that is our age, the Illusions were at the top of the charts when we first started discovering music.  Sorum is the GNR drummer we grew up with.   But the general feeling I'm getting from people is it would be cool if he or Adler is  involved, but they won't care if they aren't.   They can take it or leave it.  That's pretty much where I am at with it as well.

It seems to be pretty clear Frank is the drummer, which I think it awesome.  Whether or not Steven plays a few songs here and there, well have to see.  As I've said before his silence really makes me think he is involved in some capacity.  I can't imagine him being quiet if he was told he will have nothing to do with these shows.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 12:18:04 PM by Bodhi » Logged
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #207 on: February 28, 2016, 07:50:59 PM »

I'm just happy Chris Pitman looks to be out of Gn'R.

Anyways...

Steven should be included. I just don't see how some of you guys don't want him there. You act like "well if he's not there who cares?".

I think most of us care we just forget how cool he was in the band. I wasn't old enough at the time to see him in the band, but videos sure do make it cool. Just as long as he is involved in a consistent basis I think that is cool. Which I'm sure he will be.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #208 on: February 28, 2016, 08:30:59 PM »

Anyways...

Steven should be included. I just don't see how some of you guys don't want him there. You act like "well if he's not there who cares?".

I think most of us care we just forget how cool he was in the band. I wasn't old enough at the time to see him in the band, but videos sure do make it cool. Just as long as he is involved in a consistent basis I think that is cool. Which I'm sure he will be.

I'm not convinced Pitman is out, so your little party may be jumping the gun- pun intended. I like Pitman and I hope he is still in, very talented guy.

First show I saw was the AFD lineup, the reason I don't care if Adler is included or not all stems from his behavior and his mouth these many years.

It would be very gracious if GNR offered him a few guest spots, but if his talent was so special many people would have clamored to use him and that simply isn't the case. Even the GNR alumni have used him sparingly and we all know why- its not a secret.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 08:33:05 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
gunslipk
Opening Act

« Reply #209 on: February 28, 2016, 09:42:04 PM »

I don't really think that Pitman will be kicked out just for saying bullshit on the internet. Those desiring it may be wasting time.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 09:45:02 PM by gunslipk » Logged
Annie
« Reply #210 on: February 28, 2016, 09:45:10 PM »

Anyways...

I'm not convinced Pitman is out, so your little party may be jumping the gun- pun intended. I like Pitman and I hope he is still in, very talented guy.

First show I saw was the AFD lineup, the reason I don't care if Adler is included or not all stems from his behavior and his mouth these many years.

It would be very gracious if GNR offered him a few guest spots, but if his talent was so special many people would have clamored to use him and that simply isn't the case. Even the GNR alumni have used him sparingly and we all know why- its not a secret.
Wise words. Great post. ok
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #211 on: February 29, 2016, 04:49:07 AM »

This is not a reunion tour. It's a reunion between Axl Slash n Duff.

This is something people seem to forget. Or then they just don't get it. Sure, GN'R would get even more attention if they'd bring back the AFD-lineup and all the fanboys would jizz their pants, but what if that's not what they, as a band, want to do? Some like to think that getting the AFD-lineup back together would make it all like it was 1987 again, but it's been 30 years and GN'R is still moving on, like it or not. That's what good bands do. And if Frank is the best choice for the progress to happen, then I'm happy.

I think most of us care we just forget how cool he was in the band. I wasn't old enough at the time to see him in the band, but videos sure do make it cool

Oh right, that makes it all different, as you weren't old enough to see the AFD-lineup play. It sure must have been cool back then, there is no doubt, I'd like to see it too. But since there's no time machine, it's not possible and bringing back Steven now would not really be the same.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Virolec
Rocker

« Reply #212 on: February 29, 2016, 08:43:46 AM »

I don't really think that Pitman will be kicked out just for saying bullshit on the internet. Those desiring it may be wasting time.

Indeed, but it might be he said what he said because he was pissed off about not being included.  Who knows?  All speculation at this point, we'll know when the first show starts and not before, I think.

Nargle them.  Fargle them.  Nargle-fargle them.
Annie
« Reply #213 on: February 29, 2016, 09:27:44 AM »

The bottom line is that Steven is over rated. He has not been part of GNR for a very long time because of his lack of integrerity, not his drumming ability. He was supposed to be part of a benefit with Slash and he was a no show.
Nostalgia for your youth and a bygone era is a powerful thing that is often clouded  as you remember the good and forget the bad.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 09:34:31 AM by Little EMO Annie » Logged
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #214 on: February 29, 2016, 09:46:46 AM »

oh come on, someone finally give Adler a job he can do (like doing drugs in the backstage or bring pizza onstage in "I totally deserve to be a GNR drummer" t-shirt), so he finally shuts up. yes, this is not a question of his drumming skills, but personality, reliability etc. he's a wasted junkie, who would fuck things up at any opportunity.

Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #215 on: February 29, 2016, 10:04:09 AM »

Chris Pitman's sub bass and minimal participation in the studio songs is kinda overrated I think.

This can go both ways. You guys want to bash Adler. I think Pitman is the least important member of post 1998 GnR

But don't damn me
uzisuicide2002
VIP

DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE!?!?!?!

« Reply #216 on: February 29, 2016, 10:11:22 AM »

I think they should have Steven in the band.  He really has been the one pushing to try to have this reunion happen it would be a shame if he wasn't included.  The only thing that would concern me about Steven being in the band is would be be able to stay sober

GN'R Boston 02
GN'R NYC 06
GN'R Mass 06
GN'R NJ 11
VR Mass 05
GN'R Foxboro 16
GN'R Boston 17
VR Mass 07
Slash Boston 10
Steven Adler NYC 11
Slash Foxwoods 14
Slash Providence 15
Annie
« Reply #217 on: February 29, 2016, 10:29:00 AM »

I think they should have Steven in the band.  He really has been the one pushing to try to have this reunion happen it would be a shame if he wasn't included.  The only thing that would concern me about Steven being in the band is would be be able to stay sober
That argument is kinda lame. Ofcourse he has been the one pushing for it, he never let go of his glory days like the Star Football player in High School who never did much with his life. And I sincerely doubt that he is sober now. Also not showing up for a benefit concert for a guy with cancer with no announcement is also lame.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 10:47:30 AM by Little EMO Annie » Logged
Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #218 on: February 29, 2016, 11:02:40 AM »

I never knew he was confirmed to show up with Slash? Isn't that just a rumor? Who knows.

Also, you're hate for Adler is disgusting. He's just as good as Frank or Matt. Different.

I wouldn't want him back in full time either. I think he would at some point make a mistake. Who knows? Maybe he would need something like this to get back on track.

For the last 2 years or so, for all we know he is sober finally. He does pose the most risk, which isn't what Gn'R need. Frank is the drummer so relax. We are just talking about him being involved in a part time or special guest manner, which he should be.

To say he should at least appear and play something with everyone is just dumb. Why would anyone be against the guy playing like 3-4 songs at 1 show at least? I personally think he should be allowed to close the shows by playing 2-3 songs to end it. Every show or most of them. I think he deserves that in a lot of ways.

He might get 1 full show or just a couple appearances so the Adler haters can just chill it out. If this was a Chris Pitman thread dedicated mostly to bashing him we'd all be banned and scolded...

#lame

But don't damn me
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #219 on: February 29, 2016, 11:10:56 AM »

Why do people keep talking like this is 1987 and they are just going out to support Appetite for Destruction. This whole thing is more then just about AFD Steven has not played UYI material and certainly not Chi Dem stuff I want the guy who can play everything and that is Frank. If Axl, Slash or Duff came out and said this is just an AFD tour then i could possibly understand wanting steven but really cmon people get your head out of the ground and realize there is more to GNR then just AFD.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: