Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 09:28:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228010 Posts in 43257 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Anyone else hope Steven ISN'T involved?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Anyone else hope Steven ISN'T involved?  (Read 49415 times)
Annie
« Reply #240 on: March 02, 2016, 08:24:33 AM »

If you had told me several years ago that Axl, Duff, and Slash would be doing shows but some people would be whining about Adler not being involved I'd think you were high.

Totally mind blowing, it wasn't this big of a whine fest when he got fired. It wasn't a big deal at all at that time and a great deal of the whiniest whiners admit they never saw him perform with the band.

I don't get it.
Me either.  We live in strange times. If you had told me last year that Donald Trump had a serious shot at being president I would have bust out laughing and fallen off my chair.  hihi
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #241 on: March 02, 2016, 08:28:01 AM »

Well you two are just a couple of "cool" chicks eh?

Straightlaced thinking I think.

Maybe it is because no one really though Axl and Slash could ever co-exist? It was bad blood beyond bad blood. Or wait? Are you going to tell me that they weren't that mad at eachother?

Are you going to twist it around like you do everything else around here? LoL

If Slash can make amends with Axl, then so can Adler.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Annie
« Reply #242 on: March 02, 2016, 08:35:36 AM »

Slash is a much better person than Steven. He had tremendous success on his own unlike Steven
I have always been Team Axl and I am happy that 2 great musicians were able to make peace.
As far as Steven goes

Band aids don't fix bullet holes
You say sorry just for show
You live like that
You live with ghosts
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #243 on: March 02, 2016, 09:19:32 AM »

Well you two are just a couple of "cool" chicks eh?

Straightlaced thinking I think.

Maybe it is because no one really though Axl and Slash could ever co-exist? It was bad blood beyond bad blood. Or wait? Are you going to tell me that they weren't that mad at eachother?

Are you going to twist it around like you do everything else around here? LoL

If Slash can make amends with Axl, then so can Adler.

Haha! You can continue to throw in little putdowns but it really doesn't strengthen your argument at all.  hihi

The point is, it may be possible to make amends with Adler, but why should they?

He has a 20 year history of lying, relapsing, and saying the most regrettable things publicly.

He has sued the band twice and blamed them for his addictions.

I know you weren't around, but Adler's firing didn't adversely affect the band's popularity at all when it happened.

So why should they want to work with him again and have to deal with his many issues?

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
gunslipk
Opening Act

« Reply #244 on: March 02, 2016, 10:36:06 AM »

What Steven wrote for Guns N' Roses?
Muerto
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #245 on: March 02, 2016, 11:51:06 AM »

Slash played that benefit last night. Steven wasn't there according to reports.

It seems that Adler didn't play in this event,

Rainbow in the Dark
https://youtu.be/5DOcnw1uYkQ

Day Tripper
https://youtu.be/G5VV1VWNIRQ

Willie Basse- vocals, Slash-guitar, Mitch Perry-guitar, Mike Olivieri, Vinny Appice on drums
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #246 on: March 02, 2016, 11:54:35 AM »

If you had told me several years ago that Axl, Duff, and Slash would be doing shows but some people would be whining about Adler not being involved I'd think you were high.

Totally mind blowing, it wasn't this big of a whine fest when he got fired. It wasn't a big deal at all at that time and a great deal of the whiniest whiners admit they never saw him perform with the band.

I don't get it.

What is there not to get?

If you had told me years ago, that Axl, Duff and Slash would be doing shows together, I?d assume Izzy and Adler or Sorum would be involved, because Axl, Slash and Duff sounds like the makings of a GN?R reunion.
I don?t think that?s an outrageous assumption. No one is saying that is how it must be. No one is ignoring the reality that not everything is as easy as it sounds.

If you took a poll of GN?R fans, and asked them if they would prefer to see the lineup that created the bulk of AFD-UYI, or Axl, Slash and Duff, plus 4 guys you?ve never heard, that weren?t around to contribute in any way shape or form to AFD-UYI, I think it?s a safe bet the majority might lean towards option 1.
Most people couldn't care less if Steven lied, did drugs, or sued a former band mate. He?s not exactly lonely in those departments, and it has nothing to do with the music.

Why does it matter if people were upset at the time he was fired? How is that at all relevant in preferring to see him involved in some capacity in 2016?

No matter how badly anyone wants to paint the picture that Steven didn?t have a hand in GN?R?s success, there simply isn?t any evidence to support this.
There is only evidence to the contrary.

If you?re looking for a drummer that didn?t contribute anything of note to GN?R during their hey day, look no further than Frank Ferrer.
He is there, at least in part due to the fact that Steven fucked up many moons ago.
Just like Richard has the gig in part due to Izzy walking away.

Ideally Steven doesn't develop a drug problem, and Izzy finds a way to put up with Axl?s dictator qualities, and Slash, Duff?s drug habits, but that?s not how it went.
Strictly from a fans perspective, if possible, while everyone is still alive, which is no small feat, it would be cool to see them work things out and do this tour right.

Simply put, the prospect of seeing Axl, Slash and Duff on stage again is exciting.
The prospect of seeing Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven on stage again, to me and countless others is more exciting. Much more.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #247 on: March 02, 2016, 11:58:25 AM »

The Adler zealots have totally worn me down.

At this point, I want him involved just to stop these impassioned "won't someone PLEASE think of THE CHILDREN?!" caliber pleas on his behalf.

So please : Fernando, TB, Axl...whoever.  Please include him.  Don't subject the rest of us a to a full summer of having to hear how Steven was done wrong.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #248 on: March 02, 2016, 12:27:13 PM »

well I've always been suggesting including Adler - as a delivery boy of pizza. or drugs. or pizza with drugs.

The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #249 on: March 02, 2016, 12:55:17 PM »

I don't get it.

If you took a poll of GN?R fans, and asked them if they would prefer to see the lineup that created the bulk of AFD-UYI, or Axl, Slash and Duff, plus 4 guys you?ve never heard, that weren?t around to contribute in any way shape or form to AFD-UYI, I think it?s a safe bet the majority might lean towards option 1.
Most people couldn't care less if Steven lied, did drugs, or sued a former band mate. He?s not exactly lonely in those departments, and it has nothing to do with the music.

But then ask them to name 'em they would get Axl, Slash and Duff (or say Duffy  rant I hate that BTW) then a significant number would trip up on the other 3 from those albums.  Today, if you failed to mention the line up, the majority (or approaching that number) wouldn't even notice. (Richard would be confused with Izzy, Dizzy was in a few videos and Chris would be assumed to be a new guy.  Frank, being hidden behind the drums wouldn't trigger any questions 1 way or the other.

I'm not talking about the fans BTW, but the 30-40% who will be in the audience along with partners/friends but like the hits
gunslipk
Opening Act

« Reply #250 on: March 02, 2016, 12:59:54 PM »

If Izzy's out I see no reason to involve Steven. It's not a reunion, it's not a revival party. Move on.
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #251 on: March 02, 2016, 01:13:17 PM »

I don't get it.

But then ask them to name 'em they would get Axl, Slash and Duff (or say Duffy  rant I hate that BTW) then a significant number would trip up on the other 3 from those albums.  Today, if you failed to mention the line up, the majority (or approaching that number) wouldn't even notice. (Richard would be confused with Izzy, Dizzy was in a few videos and Chris would be assumed to be a new guy.  Frank, being hidden behind the drums wouldn't trigger any questions 1 way or the other.

I'm not talking about the fans BTW, but the 30-40% who will be in the audience along with partners/friends but like the hits

Yea, I agree with that.
And there are clearly more than enough casual fans to sell out shows, regardless who?s playing with Axl and Slash.
I do know plenty of people whom would go if it was the classic 5, and have opted not to mainly due to Izzy?s absence, but again, the casual fans are probably enough to fill most venues.

All that said, if you laid out the options I listed above, I still don?t see even the casual fan choosing option #2.

When it?s all said and done, if it were announced today that Izzy and Steven were to be involved, I don?t believe for a second that many people here would be disappointed.
Those are the five guys that made most of us fans in the first place. They are the guys that made history.
The current rumored lineup is a mix of the guys that made history, and a few guys that stood on the sidelines and witnessed it like us.
aaronjcurtis
Headliner

« Reply #252 on: March 02, 2016, 02:04:45 PM »

I'm so confused as to what this thread is about. haha!!!
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #253 on: March 02, 2016, 02:18:25 PM »

The Adler zealots have totally worn me down.

At this point, I want him involved just to stop these impassioned "won't someone PLEASE think of THE CHILDREN?!" caliber pleas on his behalf.

So please : Fernando, TB, Axl...whoever.  Please include him.  Don't subject the rest of us a to a full summer of having to hear how Steven was done wrong.

I hope he's not, just so they all finally jump off whatever ledge they're standing on.  hihi
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #254 on: March 02, 2016, 02:25:13 PM »

I guess I fall dead in the middle.

I would pick Matt for the drums, followed by Steven and then take your pick between all the drummers that contributed to Chinese Democracy.

I really struggle to understand how one would PREFER to have Frank be the drummer in Guns N Roses With Axl, Slash and Duff. 

I don't hold the guys drug issues agaisnt him in the pecking order.

However... it doesn't bother me much and I couldn't be any more excited to witness this historic event regardless of who is back there.

All these drummer posts and threads are really repetitive... can't wait till they stop!

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #255 on: March 02, 2016, 02:29:21 PM »

I really struggle to understand how one would PREFER to have Frank be the drummer in Guns N Roses With Axl, Slash and Duff. 

I don't.

I'd struggle to understand anyone that was super pro-Frank that was also not seriously invested in making sure the 2001 line-ups get their just due.

But, since I have yet to see a person make that argument that was not part of both groups, I get it.  Don't agree with it, but get the rationale.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #256 on: March 02, 2016, 02:31:01 PM »

I don't.

I'd struggle to understand anyone that was super pro-Frank that was also not seriously invested in making sure the 2001 line-ups get their just due.

But, since I have yet to see a person make that argument that was not part of both groups, I get it.  Don't agree with it, but get the rationale.

Well yeah I get that about the stance...

but Slash and Duff are back... so fighting that fight is a little bit moot now.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #257 on: March 02, 2016, 02:32:31 PM »

well Brain is out for long, didn't want to do awkward things when Frank was in and gradually drifted completely away from GNR.
Josh Freese was more a session drummer, irrelevant.
not counting other guys briefly playing with GNR (Dave Abbruzzese), only Frank is a realistic option, and a very good one IMO.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #258 on: March 02, 2016, 02:35:32 PM »

I see Frank, Richard, and Chris as concessions to Axl.

As in, if that's what Axl needs to give the appearance that he isn't simply turning his back on the past 15 years...so what?  Cost of doing business.

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #259 on: March 02, 2016, 02:39:44 PM »

I don't.

Well yeah I get that about the stance...

but Slash and Duff are back... so fighting that fight is a little bit moot now.
As zombux pointed out, Brain was the drummer in 2001.

Frank is the current drummer for GNR and so there's nothing moot about fighting the fight that he, along with Dizzy, Chris, and Richard, are very deserving of their places on that stage along side Axl, Slash and Duff.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: