Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 08:21:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228060 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  [CONFIRMED] Izzy talks: Not involved with GN'R at this point
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [CONFIRMED] Izzy talks: Not involved with GN'R at this point  (Read 58389 times)
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #100 on: February 24, 2016, 12:40:35 AM »

Earlier tonight I had to back the email account into a corner and asked for him to either phone me or send a pic with todays date. Izzy phoned me whilst I was out walking my dog! :dance: It is 100% genuine. As soon as I picked up the phone I felt like such an asshole for not believing him all day - thanks guys!!! I've got about 4 pages to catch up on but can say without doubt it's Izzy. I know plenty won't believe me and that's cool, if the shoe was on the other foot I wouldn't be buying it either lol, but plenty of you know I've never bullshitted or gone making up forum rumors in my 10+ years etc.

Downliner87

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #101 on: February 24, 2016, 01:08:57 AM »

Izzy Stradlin: I Have No Involvement in GN'R Reunion

ormer Guns N' Roses guitarist Izzy Stradlin has reportedly made a Twitter profile and informed the world that he has no involvement in the band's latest reunion.

The profile was confirmed as real and legit by a guy named Downliner, who ran the man's fansite for a decade.

Downliner noted about the profile via MyGNR: "I ran an Izzy fansite Chopaway.com for about 10 years I occasionally get emails from Izzy, like once every couple of years. That's as far as my 'direct contact' goes.

"This is definitely Izzy though, as he emailed from the same address that he has used to contact me for years, and the pic he sent has never been released before. Most old timers will know the Chopaway.com history."

He added: "If this is fake it's because Izzy's email account has been hacked. I don't play games or do the fake insider bullshit, just a fan like everyone else who has been lucky enough to get the occasional update from Izzy to pass along to fellow fans. Since he now has more followers on Twitter than me I guess I can officially retire."

Now, about that reunion thing - Izzy noted through the profile: "At this point in time, I've no involvement in the upcoming April 2016 GN'R shows," adding, "Also, I have been writing but I have not been in the studio writing or recording with any of the GN'R guys recently."

He concluded: "Just wanted to clear up some of the misinformation that is out there."

In one of the recent reports, sources close to the band noted that Slash, Duff and Izzy were reportedly spotted in the studio recording new music. Read about it here. So yes, the whole thing is fairly confusing...

Thus far, the following musicians have been confirmed or linked with the new GN'R lineup:

Officially confirmed via press release from the band: Axl Rose on vocals, Slash on lead guitar, Duff McKagan on bass.

Strongly linked and confirmed via social networks through personal posts or posts by individuals close to the band: Richard Fortus on guitar, Frank Ferrer on drums, Dizzy Reed on keyboards, multi-instrumentalist Chris Pitman.

Rumored with mild hints: Dave Kushner of Velvet Revolver on guitar, Steven Adler on drums, and Izzy Stradlin on guitar.

You can find the upcoming GN'R concert dates below.
Guns N' Roses Tour Dates 2016

04/08 Las Vegas, NV - T-Mobile Arena
04/09 Las Vegas, NV - T-Mobile Arena
04/16 Indio, CA - Coachella Festival at Empire Polo Club
04/19 Mexico City, MEX - Foro Sol
04/20 Mexico City, MEX - Foro Sol
04/23 Indio, CA ? Coachella Festival at Empire Polo Club

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/izzy_stradlin_i_have_no_involvement_in_gnr_reunion.html

This Is CAOTIC !!!

hihi rofl hihi

But technically this could be right.  Maybe he won't be playing with GNR in APRIL, but after April, he could.  Also, maybe he hasn't been in the studio RECENTLY.  Maybe he has written stuff, but he doesn't consider it to be RECENT.  Maybe November or December isn't recent to him. 

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
inlikeflynn420
Rocker

Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke!

« Reply #102 on: February 24, 2016, 07:26:15 AM »

I do hope Izzy pops up at the April 8th show (because I'll be there), but ultimately Izzy's gonna do what he wants to do. He walked away at the height of their fame, seems to have remained friendly with all the guys, pops up when he wants to... Might not make sense to us mere mortals that he doesn't want to be more involved, but I respect it. Kinda what makes him Izzy. I do hope he's writing with the band if there is indeed going to be new music. The whole "reunion" thing is driving me crazy since, as people have pointed out, THE BAND itself is not selling this as a reunion. It's a reunion of Axl and Slash, for sure, but there's no false advertising here as the band isnt referring to this as a "classic lineup reunion". That's all media and "fans". To me, Slash and Duff have rejoined the band. That's a hell of a big deal, but I prefer the current lineup than a full blown nostalgia lineup with Gilby and Matt.  This lineup is gonna kick ass!

8.4.88Philly
6.11.91Hershey
7.17.92D.C.
12.6.2Philly*
10.25.6Tampa
11.13.6Baltimore
1.28.10Toronto
11.20.11WilkesBarre
11.26.11Camden
2.27.12Philly
5.13.14Bethlehem
4.8.16Vegas
7.14.16Phil
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #103 on: February 24, 2016, 08:36:08 AM »

Izzy Stradlin: I Have No Involvement in GN'R Reunion

ormer Guns N' Roses guitarist Izzy Stradlin has reportedly made a Twitter profile and informed the world that he has no involvement in the band's latest reunion.

The profile was confirmed as real and legit by a guy named Downliner, who ran the man's fansite for a decade.

Downliner noted about the profile via MyGNR: "I ran an Izzy fansite Chopaway.com for about 10 years I occasionally get emails from Izzy, like once every couple of years. That's as far as my 'direct contact' goes.

"This is definitely Izzy though, as he emailed from the same address that he has used to contact me for years, and the pic he sent has never been released before. Most old timers will know the Chopaway.com history."

He added: "If this is fake it's because Izzy's email account has been hacked. I don't play games or do the fake insider bullshit, just a fan like everyone else who has been lucky enough to get the occasional update from Izzy to pass along to fellow fans. Since he now has more followers on Twitter than me I guess I can officially retire."

Now, about that reunion thing - Izzy noted through the profile: "At this point in time, I've no involvement in the upcoming April 2016 GN'R shows," adding, "Also, I have been writing but I have not been in the studio writing or recording with any of the GN'R guys recently."

He concluded: "Just wanted to clear up some of the misinformation that is out there."

In one of the recent reports, sources close to the band noted that Slash, Duff and Izzy were reportedly spotted in the studio recording new music. Read about it here. So yes, the whole thing is fairly confusing...

Thus far, the following musicians have been confirmed or linked with the new GN'R lineup:

Officially confirmed via press release from the band: Axl Rose on vocals, Slash on lead guitar, Duff McKagan on bass.

Strongly linked and confirmed via social networks through personal posts or posts by individuals close to the band: Richard Fortus on guitar, Frank Ferrer on drums, Dizzy Reed on keyboards, multi-instrumentalist Chris Pitman.

Rumored with mild hints: Dave Kushner of Velvet Revolver on guitar, Steven Adler on drums, and Izzy Stradlin on guitar.

You can find the upcoming GN'R concert dates below.
Guns N' Roses Tour Dates 2016

04/08 Las Vegas, NV - T-Mobile Arena
04/09 Las Vegas, NV - T-Mobile Arena
04/16 Indio, CA - Coachella Festival at Empire Polo Club
04/19 Mexico City, MEX - Foro Sol
04/20 Mexico City, MEX - Foro Sol
04/23 Indio, CA ? Coachella Festival at Empire Polo Club

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/izzy_stradlin_i_have_no_involvement_in_gnr_reunion.html

This Is CAOTIC !!!

hihi rofl hihi

But technically this could be right.  Maybe he won't be playing with GNR in APRIL, but after April, he could.  Also, maybe he hasn't been in the studio RECENTLY.  Maybe he has written stuff, but he doesn't consider it to be RECENT.  Maybe November or December isn't recent to him. 

Recorded With GNR In 2006

smoking

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #104 on: February 24, 2016, 10:07:36 AM »

It's fake people, Izzy hasnt said a damn word yet

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Gunsguy
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #105 on: February 24, 2016, 10:14:11 AM »

It's fake people, Izzy hasnt said a damn word yet

Ok, can you explain how it is fake?
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #106 on: February 24, 2016, 10:29:18 AM »

So basically we've got a dude that is legit and said that Izzy is saying it is real.

Then we have people thinking it is fake cause Izzy hasn't said officially that it is real?

Personally I think that it is real. Who knows though.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #107 on: February 24, 2016, 12:25:45 PM »

Before this did anyone really think or believe that Izzy's involvement would be anything more than guest appearances at some point of time of his own choosing?  And that the entire GNR band, camp and fans are totally okay with that because it's Izzy?

Why would all of a sudden Izzy feel the need to open a twitter account to NOT explain the extent of his involvement?

And this wouldn't be the first time that someone tried to take advantage of the fans desires and gullibility by claiming to be someone they are not or to claim to be an insider.  And even real so-called insiders can be duped.

IMO, the real Izzy has too many legit outlets to confirm this is him or to get a message out to the fans if he so desired.

Under any circumstances, whether this is real or FAKE, please don't let your desires make you gullible to scams on the internet.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #108 on: February 24, 2016, 12:54:55 PM »

Before this did anyone really think or believe that Izzy's involvement would be anything more than guest appearances at some point of time of his own choosing?  And that the entire GNR band, camp and fans are totally okay with that because it's Izzy?

Why would all of a sudden Izzy feel the need to open a twitter account to NOT explain the extent of his involvement?

And this wouldn't be the first time that someone tried to take advantage of the fans desires and gullibility by claiming to be someone they are not or to claim to be an insider.  And even real so-called insiders can be duped.

IMO, the real Izzy has too many legit outlets to confirm this is him or to get a message out to the fans if he so desired.

Under any circumstances, whether this is real or FAKE, please don't let your desires make you gullible to scams on the internet.

Agree

ok

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #109 on: February 24, 2016, 01:18:07 PM »

If the account is legit, Izzy is doing the opposite of that. He does explain the extent of his involvement ? there isn't any (at the moment).

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #110 on: February 24, 2016, 01:21:31 PM »

If the account is legit, Izzy is doing the opposite of that. He does explain the extent of his involvement ? there isn't any (at the moment).

Soon Is The Word

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

nick6sic6
VIP

Kindness is a treasure

« Reply #111 on: February 24, 2016, 01:24:16 PM »

I'm pretty sure it's fake. Hope so it is.
Just a bad-taste joke.

Athens 1993,
Lisbon 2006,
Athens 2006,
Belgrade 2010,
Basel 2012,
Sofia 2012
Stockholm 2017
Prague 2022
Athens 2023
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #112 on: February 24, 2016, 01:25:54 PM »

I'm pretty sure it's fake. Hope so it is.
Just a bad-taste joke.

If it's fake, most people would consider that good news yes.

Sweetness is a virtue
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #113 on: February 24, 2016, 03:21:32 PM »

Looks totally fake to me.

If it isn't it'll get verified status pretty quickly.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #114 on: February 24, 2016, 03:23:24 PM »

[UNCONFIRMED] Izzy talks: Not involved with GN'R at this point )

ajjajajajaJAja, With Slash, Without Slash, 4Ever GNR Is Mistery & Caotic

rofl hihi rofl

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #115 on: February 24, 2016, 05:48:30 PM »

Let's see what happens.

The two latest tweets from Andy Greene:

Andy Greene
‏@greeneandy
@emybdc Still trying to confirm. I'm much less skeptical than I was yesterday.

Andy Greene
‏@greeneandy
@emybdc I'm definitely aware of the discussion. I just can't go public until I have absolutely no doubts.

Sweetness is a virtue
overmatik
« Reply #116 on: February 24, 2016, 06:15:23 PM »

Izzy Stradlin ‏@IzzyStradlin999 7 hours ago: "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine."- Abraham Lincoln

I believe it's real because just as the chopaway twitter account said, the picture that was uploaded is nowhere to be found on the net, Izzy uploaded. The guy also said Izzy called him.

So what if Izzy now has a twitter account? Axl and Slash are going to share a stage again, nothing makes sense anymore in the GNR world!  hihi
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 06:17:11 PM by overmatik » Logged
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #117 on: February 24, 2016, 06:18:59 PM »

But it would be the very definition of random.

Izzy *is* the definition of random.

You Remember April 2006 ?

can you delve into April of 2006? Ive been reading about Izzy and a fan site. I dont recall any of this.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #118 on: February 24, 2016, 06:52:00 PM »

Why are people having such a hard time with coming to the realization izzy is not involved in this to the level that axl, slash and duff are. Ever since we first saw the video clips eluding to this and the ones confirming it it was always Axl, Slash and Duff if Izzy was involved don't you think he would have been included in any video they put out. Izzy has probably little to no interest in social media but like most people will set up an account does it mean they will use it alot no. Anytime Izzy has made an appearance with GNR in the last several years was there ever any hint or rumor of it NO this will be no different at some point he will probably show up to do a song or two.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #119 on: February 24, 2016, 08:12:10 PM »

The two latest tweets from Andy Greene:
I don't know who this is.  I don't know who chopaway is either.
They don't appear to have a "pick up the phone to say hey" kind of relationship with Izzy so why would I care or believe them either way?

Not that it matters.  I personally am fine with Izzy showing up if/when he so chooses.  I think most fans feel the same and over the years have come to accept this too.  Izzy being Izzy.

Also, I think if you showed casual GNR fans a pic of GNR2016 with Richard standing on Axl's right and Slash & Duff on his left, 75% would probably make the comment that Izzy hasn't aged in 20 years!  hihi

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: