Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 12:31:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227995 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  [CONFIRMED] Izzy talks: Not involved with GN'R at this point
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [CONFIRMED] Izzy talks: Not involved with GN'R at this point  (Read 58228 times)
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #180 on: March 01, 2016, 12:30:49 PM »

Everybody knew izzy is out, as ever. He just need an Axl's call and if he wants he can join the guys here and there. That's it.

What i cannot understand is adler's silence, i think he's in, somehow...

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #181 on: March 01, 2016, 12:32:57 PM »

Izzy Stradlin Will Have 'No Involvement' in Guns N' Roses Reunion

Reclusive guitarist won't tour with former bandmates and denies rumors of new studio recordings

Reclusive former Guns N' Roses guitarist Izzy Stradlin has stepped forward to tell fans that he will not be participating in the band's upcoming reunion concerts. "At this point in time, I will not be playing at any of the April 2016 GNR shows," the guitarist said in an e-mail to Rolling Stone.

"I've also not been in the studio recording or writing with any of the others recently. There is so much speculation, but so very little info, [that] I thought I should reach out."

Stradlin began communicating with the public via the Twitter account @IzzyStradlin999 early last week. It caused a frenzy in the online Guns N' Roses fan community, with many speculating on the account's authenticity. On Tuesday morning, Stradlin confirmed it was him behind the account with a new 20-second video showing the musician singing a snippet of the 1971 Jonathan Edwards song "Sunshine."

"I know there's a lot of questions regarding my Twitter account," he said in a voicemail to Rolling Stone. "But it's me. I opened the Twitter account. There was just so much speculation going on regarding my involvement and studio recording. There?s so much misinformation, so I wanted to clarify that I'm not in the studio recording with any of the Guns N' Roses guys. At this point in time, I'm not involved in the actual shows ... A lot of stuff [fans] are reading isn't true."

Stradlin co-founded Guns N' Roses with childhood friend Axl Rose in 1985. He played a crucial role in creating their 1987 debut LP Appetite for Destruction and the two Use Your Illusion albums in 1991, but quit the group that same year. The guitarist maintained a low profile over the next 15 years, recording under-the-radar solo albums, but in 2006 he made a surprise appearance at a Guns N' Roses show and continued to periodically guest with them through 2014. He is the first member of the classic lineup of the group to publicly comment on the reunion.

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #182 on: March 01, 2016, 01:02:22 PM »

Maybe this will open up the information flow from the GN'R camp a bit.

I think they wanted to have a bit of mystery surrounding these shows, but now that things are clearing up they might as well go public with the line-up for the show? Although, I think we know 99% for certain what it'll be.

The line-up in itself might not be a mystery, but if it's out there and official, I think that could lead to more pictures/videos from rehearsals for instance.
I think it may not be a coincidence if we hear some more official news from GNR camp today. I've felt that we would by March 1st.

Factory Girl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #183 on: March 01, 2016, 01:31:37 PM »

Everybody knew izzy is out, as ever. He just need an Axl's call and if he wants he can join the guys here and there. That's it.

What i cannot understand is adler's silence, i think he's in, somehow...

Agreed.
I've always expected Izzy would just show up a few days, as he's been doing for the last years.
But Steven's silence is really weird. If he's out he would be complaining by now. If he's in somehow or has any hopes to be in...that's the only reason I can imagine for this silence.
GazT
« Reply #184 on: March 01, 2016, 01:42:54 PM »

Man, it would be nice for Izzy to be there for a guest slot occasionally but to be honest the prospect of ONLY having Slash and Fortus on 6 string duties is nothing short of phenomenal.

Seriously, I really can't think of a better combo.  Fortus is hands down one of the best rock rhythm players out there.  In addition he also has wicked lead chops for an alternative and complimentary tone for solos.   As for Slash, the guy has the most emotive leads going.... This is truly going to be an amazing line up.  

The CD era 3rd guitarist concept added too much weight to the sound IMO and would frustrate me at times when they'd split all the solos amongst the players, to the detriment of the continuity and expression in the music.   Personally, I'm hoping for around a 70%-30% split between Slash and Fortus... enough for contrast in leads whilst keeping the continuity going.

I'm sure there will be some kick ass improvised jams.  Just imagine Slash jamming with Fortus to something like this before launching into Patience... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZppN76mOms   drool
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 01:45:10 PM by GazT » Logged
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #185 on: March 01, 2016, 01:59:39 PM »

The only guy that?s not involved in this GNR reunion decided to speek out, that?s why I think we will see Steven and even Sorum on some shows

sky dog
Legend

« Reply #186 on: March 01, 2016, 02:26:53 PM »

maybe they are just going with a new, set lineup and are moving forward....maybe none of them will be involved.... Tongue

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #187 on: March 01, 2016, 03:04:46 PM »

Disappointing but not surprising or unexpected.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #188 on: March 01, 2016, 04:11:35 PM »

Andy Greene (the author of the Rolling Stone article) has extended an invitation to Izzy to do an interview where he can talk about the matter in more detail.

It would be nice to know if he's holding the door open for guest appearances with GN'R.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #189 on: March 01, 2016, 04:25:44 PM »

Andy Greene (the author of the Rolling Stone article) has extended an invitation to Izzy to do an interview where he can talk about the matter in more detail.

It would be nice to know if he's holding the door open for guest appearances with GN'R.
It sounds like he wants to be a part of it in some capacity. Most assume the most likely role for him to pop in from time to time. But maybe he wants more than that. Maybe he does want a full time role. Seems like he wants to talk, so maybe he will and clear some things up.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #190 on: March 01, 2016, 05:34:25 PM »

Do you know how Andy Greene initially got involved with this?  Since Izzy's unannounced guest appearances in 2006, we are all fine with the unspoken fact that Izzy's going to show up if and whenever he would like to.  No one has ever had a problem with that.  No one expected it to be any other way for the upcoming GNR2016 tour.  In other words, we are all fine with the enigma that is Izzy Stradlin.

That's what made the validity of that first Izzy999 tweet so questionable.  It is so out-of-character from what we have all come to accept of Izzy's interaction (or lack thereof) with the fans.  Add to that the tweet just restated what we all accepted to be the case since Izzy wasn't included in the promotions that ONLY show Axl n' Slash n' Duff.  We all expect that at some point in time, Izzy is going to show up.  Without fanfare.  Without advanced notice.

For me personally, I can't imagine that Izzy would have anything to say to Andy Greene on this matter.  But then again, I can't imagine Izzy tweeting in the first place so I wish Andy all the best and look forward to reading his take on all this.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #191 on: March 01, 2016, 05:38:07 PM »

Andy was the first person Izzy reached out to via twitter, to inform him of his involvement with GN'R.

Sweetness is a virtue
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #192 on: March 01, 2016, 05:51:58 PM »

Andy was the first person Izzy reached out to via twitter, to inform him of his involvement with GN'R.

Really?  Interesting.  Wonder why he wouldn't verify who he was to Andy if that's the case?

Andy was probably thinking like the rest of us that it can't be the real Izzy because Izzy would never ever never twitter.  It's just not Izzy.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #193 on: March 01, 2016, 05:56:45 PM »

Wonder why he wouldn't verify who he was to Andy if that's the case?

That was the discussion a few pages back. We waited for Izzy to confirm his identity to Rolling Stone.

Sweetness is a virtue
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #194 on: March 01, 2016, 09:18:21 PM »

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2016/03/01/yes-that-is-guns-n-roses-co-founder-izzy-stradlin-on-twitter/

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
aaronjcurtis
Headliner

« Reply #195 on: March 01, 2016, 09:37:34 PM »

Are we even 100% sure Axl is in the band? LOL. Wouldn't that be funny as shit if you all went to the first show in Vegas and out comes that dude who was singing with Slash's Snakepit or Adler's Appetite. It would suck, but man would I laugh.

Anyway....
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #196 on: March 02, 2016, 07:24:19 AM »

By the way, Izzy has posted the full version of the Jonathan Edwards cover "Sunshine".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr-exhTinXk

Sweetness is a virtue
Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #197 on: March 02, 2016, 10:44:19 AM »

Steven is quiet because he finally grew up. Why keep crying? Hes just living his life imo...

14/apr/2010 @Apoteose Rio | 02/oct/2011 @Rock in Rio 2011 | 20/mar/2014 @HSBC Arena Rio | 12/nov/2016 @Alllianz Park S?o Paulo | 15/nov/2016 @Est?dio Engenh?o Rio | 23/sep/2017 @ Rock in Rio 2017
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #198 on: March 02, 2016, 11:10:00 AM »

By the way, Izzy has posted the full version of the Jonathan Edwards cover "Sunshine".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr-exhTinXk

Here are the lyrics.  If he's not involved because the level of participation (and/or $$) that's been offered to him is not to his liking, then these lyrics seem to be directed at someone...

Sunshine go away today, I don't feel much like dancing
Some man's come he's trying to run my life, don't know what he's asking
When he tells me I better get in line, can't hear what he's saying
Someday soon, I'm gonna make him mine, these ain't dues I been paying

How much does it cost?
I'll buy it!
The time is all we've lost
I'll try it!
He can't even run his own life,
I'll be damned if he'll run mine--sunshine

Sunshine, go away today, I don't feel much like dancing
Some man's come he's trying to run my life, don't know what he's asking
Working starts to make me wonder where fruits of what I do are going
When he says in love and war all is fair, he's got cards he ain't showing

How much does it cost?
I'll buy it!
The time is all we've lost--I'll try it!
He can't even run his own life,
I'll be damned if he'll run mine--sunshine

Sunshine, come on back another day,
I promise you I'll be singing
This old world, she's gonna turn around,
brand new bells will be ringing

« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 11:14:39 AM by GeorgeSteele » Logged
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #199 on: March 02, 2016, 11:14:35 AM »

It's impossible to know, it would be pure speculation.

He might just like that song.

Sweetness is a virtue
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: