Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 09:51:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  [CONFIRMED] Izzy talks: Not involved with GN'R at this point
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [CONFIRMED] Izzy talks: Not involved with GN'R at this point  (Read 57910 times)
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2016, 10:26:59 AM »

Agreed that this pretty much just confirms what we all expected as far as his tour participation, but I was a bit more hopeful about him being in the studio with them.  A bit bummed that he shot that down.

Still, I do wish he will be a bigger part of the tour.  Bringing him on for a random song as the 3rd or 4th guitarist with his amp turned off isn't quite the same thing.  Not be misunderstood, I'm 100% on board with this and I'm loving the whole thing with or without him.  It's just that, along with all his other great contributions to Guns, I really love the dynamic he adds to the band onstage.  His presence has always had a way of grounding certain things.  Kind of like, yes, I know the pyro and dancing strippers are a bit over the top, but that guy gives the impression that this is a genuine, down-to-earth, good fucking solid rock n' roll band.  That element gets kind of lost with any of his replacements.  
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #61 on: February 23, 2016, 10:31:08 AM »

Kind of like, yes, I know the pyro and dancing strippers are a bit over the top, but that guy gives the impression that this is a genuine, down-to-earth, good fucking solid rock n' roll band.  That element gets kind of lost with any of his replacements.  

Izzy is one of my favorite people for that reason.

However, I think Fortus brings the same kind of vibe. There's nothing that says "fake" about Richard, he's a pretty straight forward rocker.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #62 on: February 23, 2016, 10:38:10 AM »

Kind of like, yes, I know the pyro and dancing strippers are a bit over the top, but that guy gives the impression that this is a genuine, down-to-earth, good fucking solid rock n' roll band.  That element gets kind of lost with any of his replacements.  

However, I think Fortus brings the same kind of vibe. There's nothing that says "fake" about Richard, he's a pretty straight forward rocker.

I love Fortus, don't think he's fake at all, sorry that I gave that impression.  To me, more of a contrast of down-to-earth vs. rock star vibe.  I would say that Fortus is down-to-earth to a degree, but not to the same extent as Izzy IMO.  My hope was that they'd play together. 
Nikki_Sixx
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #63 on: February 23, 2016, 10:39:45 AM »

Let's say Izzy is not interested now, and never will be again.  Fair enough.

Let's say Axl doesn't want to work with Gilby anymore.  Nothing we can do about it.

Richard is the least desirable but most practical way forward in that case.

You can apply the same thing to the drummer situation: Matt, Steven, and then Frank.  Yes, in that order.

But, God help us, why include Pitman Huh

[Axl] Arnhem '01 (cancelled) - Pukkelpop '02 - Graspop '06 - Nijmegen '06 (+ Izzy) - Paris '10 - Antwerp '10 - Lille '10 - Rotterdam '12 - Paris '12 - Graspop '12 [Axl/Dc] Werchter '16
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2016, 10:40:15 AM »

I love Fortus, don't think he's fake at all, sorry that I gave that impression.  To me, more of a contrast of down-to-earth vs. rock star vibe.  I would say that Fortus is down-to-earth to a degree, but not to the same extent as Izzy IMO.  My hope was that they'd play together. 

No, I didn't mean that I thought you had that impression of Richard.

It was just my characterization/impression of the guy.

Sweetness is a virtue
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #65 on: February 23, 2016, 10:47:36 AM »

Maybe it's the fact that I'm not a native English speaker, but to me "at this point" means right now. As of right now, at this moment in time.

Meaning, things could change between now and then. Or not!

Perhaps.

But he said he was not going to be involved in the April 2016 shows.  He was specific on that front.  So no Vegas, no Coachella.

Would they be the more logical and likely times he'd turn up?

I guess, if a tour actually gets announced, he could wander onstage one night it Atlanta or something.  But it would be the very definition of random.

I think if you had told most people that Axl and Slash were going to be on stage in 2016, they would naturally assume it?s for a Guns N? Roses reunion.
Meaning Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff and Steven and or Matt, whether they know them by name or not.
If everyone is alive, healthy and willing, it?s the obvious move.
Obviously you can?t please everyone, but I?d say that is by far the safest bet.

The people that prefer Richard, Frank and Pitman are very much in the minority, and if you have the classic lineup all on board, you can bill it as a true reunion, eliminating any confusion about whom you are paying to see.

Now obviously that?s in a perfect world, and easier said than done.
As has been discussed ad nauseum, Steve and Izzy haven?t proven to be models of reliability. Nor has Axl, but that?s neither here nor there.
So is Steven involved at some capacity? I think most GN?R fans from their hey day hope he is.

If that twitter account is legit, why is Izzy not involved. Was he offered a spot? Did they lowball him?
If the splits posted were accurate, Axl 50%, Slash 25% and Duff 25%, sounds like maybe they did?

Or is that he just can?t be bothered?

No one is saying that regardless of Adler/Izzy?s involvement, that is isn?t an enormous step in the right direction.
It?s just that after watching GN?R trip over itself for two decades, it would be amazing to see them truly get this right.
I don?t think anyone is rocking back and forth muttering. It?s just some of the good old fashioned completely meaningless speculation/discussion at htgth we know and love.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #66 on: February 23, 2016, 10:52:27 AM »

Jarmo, are you able to verify if the Izzy twitter account is legit?

Sweetness is a virtue
Princess Leia
« Reply #67 on: February 23, 2016, 10:55:11 AM »

Yeah that would be cool. Now Eddie Money @Mygnr says his source told him Izzy will be in Vegas
Bazfreak
VIP

Wololoo

« Reply #68 on: February 23, 2016, 11:07:57 AM »

What I can't stand however is how certain people dismiss genuine GNR members in favour of one or more of Axl's hired helps...

If it wasn't for Izzy, we wouldn't be discussing this band 25 years after he left ...

Nobody is dismissing Izzy over a Axl hired help...you got it wrong. What people seem to forget is that this genuine GNR member left the band high and dry in the middle of its most successful tour, when the band was in its career most important stage.  And still, he doesn't seem to have any intention whatsoever of being involved with GNR in 2016...i just cant understand why all the commotion over his non-involvement, I really cant. I said...he could do some songwriting, that would be great! But it seems that its not happening...so lets move on and support the hired help who is in the band for the last 15 years.

14/apr/2010 @Apoteose Rio | 02/oct/2011 @Rock in Rio 2011 | 20/mar/2014 @HSBC Arena Rio | 12/nov/2016 @Alllianz Park S?o Paulo | 15/nov/2016 @Est?dio Engenh?o Rio | 23/sep/2017 @ Rock in Rio 2017
gnrrock
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #69 on: February 23, 2016, 11:18:06 AM »

Yeah that would be cool. Now Eddie Money @Mygnr says his source told him Izzy will be in Vegas

Too funny. Who do we believe? Guess we will see in April.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #70 on: February 23, 2016, 11:23:27 AM »

Too funny. Who do we believe? Guess we will see in April.

Only in GN'R-land.   peace

Sweetness is a virtue
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #71 on: February 23, 2016, 11:24:37 AM »

Maybe it's the fact that I'm not a native English speaker, but to me "at this point" means right now. As of right now, at this moment in time.

Meaning, things could change between now and then. Or not!

Perhaps.

But he said he was not going to be involved in the April 2016 shows.  He was specific on that front.  So no Vegas, no Coachella.

Would they be the more logical and likely times he'd turn up?

I guess, if a tour actually gets announced, he could wander onstage one night it Atlanta or something.  But it would be the very definition of random.

He's just confirming what GN'R has announced. That the April shows will be the first to see the regrouping of Axl, Duff and Slash.
There's no need for him to go into specifics whether or not there's any additional shows beyond those announced and whether or not he might be involved in any capacity in those.

But my point remains, the tweet said "at this point in time".

No....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #72 on: February 23, 2016, 11:51:38 AM »

This suppose "Izzy" is twtting email address from RS and pressuring this Andy guy to check his inbox to verify the email, I say its FAKE! See you Izzy in Vegas!  beer
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #73 on: February 23, 2016, 12:21:21 PM »

It has reached the internet media.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/izzy_stradlin_i_have_no_involvement_in_gnr_reunion.html

If the account turns out to be fake, it might force a comment from some "real" people.  hihi

Sweetness is a virtue
Boromir
VIP

« Reply #74 on: February 23, 2016, 12:23:45 PM »

I think the key word is APRIL. We might get to see him later...

Keep Calm and Listen to Guns N' Roses!
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #75 on: February 23, 2016, 12:28:35 PM »

If anything, Andy Greene (Rolling Stone) seems very keen on doing a GN'R cover story once the band choose to open up to the press.

Sweetness is a virtue
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #76 on: February 23, 2016, 12:32:56 PM »

As great as Fortus is, Slash and him might not get on well chemistry wise. We know that Gilby and Slash played pretty good together on tour and at least during the TSI album.

Whatever. I'll take Fortus or Gilby if Izzy doesn't want to do anything major. I think he'd be in for a new album though.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Factory Girl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #77 on: February 23, 2016, 12:39:56 PM »

Agreed that this pretty much just confirms what we all expected as far as his tour participation, but I was a bit more hopeful about him being in the studio with them.  A bit bummed that he shot that down.

Still, I do wish he will be a bigger part of the tour.  Bringing him on for a random song as the 3rd or 4th guitarist with his amp turned off isn't quite the same thing.  Not be misunderstood, I'm 100% on board with this and I'm loving the whole thing with or without him.  It's just that, along with all his other great contributions to Guns, I really love the dynamic he adds to the band onstage.  His presence has always had a way of grounding certain things.  Kind of like, yes, I know the pyro and dancing strippers are a bit over the top, but that guy gives the impression that this is a genuine, down-to-earth, good fucking solid rock n' roll band.  That element gets kind of lost with any of his replacements.  

That's exactly how I feel about Izzy! He is the real deal, the guy that makes GNR feel like a band, but I did't expect to see him embracing this reunion, although I'm pretty sure this twitter account is fake and he will show up at some point. He's been doing this for years!
I love when they used to sing Dust N Bones together, even Slash would sing a little.

Anyway I'm really happy with this reunion. I haven't heard such good news in the GNR world since...I can't remember!
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #78 on: February 23, 2016, 12:43:14 PM »

Where should I start with the 50 + twitter accounts claiming to be me ?
Or do you just roll with it ?

just posted from his twitter

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #79 on: February 23, 2016, 01:03:54 PM »

Where should I start with the 50 + twitter accounts claiming to be me ?
Or do you just roll with it ?

just posted from his twitter

The whole thing is very random
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: