Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:31:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Bumblefoot: I Wish Them All Well, Will Not Be Performing With Axl In The Future
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bumblefoot: I Wish Them All Well, Will Not Be Performing With Axl In The Future  (Read 8305 times)
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« on: March 03, 2016, 03:50:07 PM »

Ron Thal was interviewed by radio Hek82 in Anaheim while on the Axes & Anchors Cruise February 20-24.  I've transcribed some of the interview below:

Ron Bumblefoot Thal Meet Hek82

Published on Feb 25, 2016

Hek82: I have to ask, are you thinking of performing any GN'R. Maybe some smaller venues. We love you in GN'R.

Ron Thal: Thank you, thank you.

Hek82: It's totally cool that you left the band because you're an awesome musician. I know I'm going to hear great stuff anytime soon. And already have. If I wanted to hear some Guns N' Roses songs and I came up to you and said please, can you do a set, how would you feel about that?

Ron Thal: We had a wonderful time together (in GN'R). I hope, I just hope it was good for the fans. I hope they enjoyed those 8 years that we had. I enjoyed them, I enjoy all of you. And I thank you. I'm cool with jamming, you know the music is wonderful. And if people enjoy the music that's what it's about. So sure, I have no problem jamming, I love getting together with a bunch of people and busting out something like "Used To Love Her" or something like that.

Hek82: Was it hard performing with the pyrotechnics?

Ron Thal: No no no you've just gotta know where not to step. So you don't set yourself on fire or blow yourself up. Yeah. You've got the orange tape, do not cross the orange tape. There were always the greatest pyro guys that just had a million eyes and they were watching everyone and making sure that it was safe and they don't hit it unless they see that, the coast is clear.

Hek82: I want to thank you again Ron. I want to say hey to Axl Rose too because I think he's cool as well. I wonder if you'll be performing at all in the future with Axl?

Ron Thal: (Shakes head no)

Hek82: You're east coast and he's west coast as far as I know.

Ron Thal: Umm (laughs)

Hek82: It was a lot of work (GN'R), wasn't it Ron.

Ron Thal: It was a lot of fun. It was a lot of everything. But that's life, it suppose to be, you know if you're having a lot of everything, then you're really living. That's what it's about, so yeah. So good, I wish them well. I wish them all well. Thank you.

https://youtu.be/t5xZWT-XbTw @ 29:25

source: http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/214175-ron-thal-on-gnr-i-wish-them-all-well-will-not-be-performing-with-axl-in-the-future/

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ex-guns-n-roses-guitarist-ron-bumblefoot-thal-wishes-his-former-bandmates-well/
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 03:59:22 PM by zombux » Logged

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2016, 04:11:03 PM »

Not, why now is Slash, obviously.

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2016, 04:16:49 PM »

I don't think anyone thought Ron would be coming back in any way.

The thought of him joining the band as a guest hadn't even crossed my mind.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2016, 05:06:13 PM »

Yeah same here, the thought of him jamming with the band was the furthest thing from my mind, probably because he just left.  The same way I haven't thought of DJ or Tommy jamming with the band at the upcoming shows.  I like Ron a lot too, got to meet him a few times over the years at different shows, he was a super nice guy.  I also thought his guitar playing was obviously phenomenal.

I have no idea what went down with him and GNR, and I am not one who likes to speculate, but its fairly obvious his departure from the band was a little strange, at least from the fans perspective.  There was some kind of countdown he posted at one point about how many shows he had left, then none of us knew if he was in or out of the band for like a year, so yeah strange is the word I would use.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2016, 06:42:43 PM »

Always came across as a decent guy, liked his playing style a lot too.

I'd also like to know what really went on with him leaving and stuff, but that's just curiosity!

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
johnreed3344
Rocker

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2016, 06:56:31 PM »

seemed cool from NJ which was nice but its over SLASH is back LETS GO 5 WEEKS! I CANT WAIT TO GET WILD WITH THE FORUM

12/5/02
5/17/06
11/5/06
11/17/11
11/26/11
2/10/12
2/24/12
6/8/13
4/8/16
4/16/16
7/14/16
7/23/16
10/11/17
10/12/17
10/15/17
10/16/17
7/1/18
10/1/19
8/5/21
8/11/23
8/15/23 NE
doooodickiebr
VIP

Police and niggaz...get outta my way!

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2016, 09:57:11 PM »

seemed cool from NJ which was nice but its over SLASH is back LETS GO 5 WEEKS! I CANT WAIT TO GET WILD WITH THE FORUM

Things are about to get wild on the forum! Can't wait!

Baton Rouge, LA 1992
New Orleans, LA 1992
Biloxi, MS  2002 Cancelled!!!!
Kansas City, MO 2011
New Orleans, LA 2016
Houston, TX 2016
New Orleans, LA 2019
Biloxi, MS 2023
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2016, 05:30:34 AM »

The last few years are sounding more and more like it was a little difficult / tenious within the band & that's understandable..
All the more reason why the timing of what is now happening is just right
Terrific musician and guitar player & thank you BF
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2016, 08:15:14 AM »

Oh....no.

Said no one.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
raindog
Rocker

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2016, 08:19:38 AM »

Ron worked his ass off for the fans, including playing when he was in excruciating pain and really shouldn't have been up there simply because he didn't want to disappoint them. It's a shame if any of those fans now feel the need to shit on him.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2016, 08:21:22 AM »

Ron worked his ass off for the fans, including playing when he was in excruciating pain and really shouldn't have been up there simply because he didn't want to disappoint them. It's a shame if any of those fans now feel the need to shit on him.

Yeah, because he was such a prince on the way out.

That's where the heat comes from.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
raindog
Rocker

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2016, 08:38:09 AM »

Yeah, because he was such a prince on the way out.

That's where the heat comes from.

Some of it certainly. And he did handle that badly. Nevertheless from my memory he never gave a bad performance in GNR, went out of his way to be considerate to fans, seemed to be on their side etc.

I don't think someone who gave 8 years loyal service and had a rough exit from the organisation deserves judging on the latter rather than the former.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2016, 08:42:35 AM »

I think Ron did a better job with the fans, but how much of that was just in relation to the low bar the others set?

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2016, 08:51:20 AM »

I think Ron did a better job with the fans, but how much of that was just in relation to the low bar the others set?

Please.

People are different.
Not everybody is into social media the way Dj and Bumblefoot are.
Just because some of the band guys weren't into hanging with fans at the shows or hotels etc., doesn't mean they set the bar low.

That would be the norm.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2016, 09:13:40 AM »

Very true. 

But those 2 guys are actually a nice contrast of what I was talking about.

Ron seemed to be more of a straight shooter than DJ.  DJ would be all about the outreach, but it was just about always pie in the sky stuff that never panned out.

Ron, at least to me, seemed more like a straight shooter.  Didn't throw out stuff like tours are going to happening, all these songs have been written, etc.

That's what I meant.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2016, 09:32:22 AM »

Different mindsets I guess.
One was "stuff's gonna happen", the other was "it happens if it happens but nothing has happened yet".

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2016, 09:38:15 AM »

Please.

People are different.
Just because some of the band guys weren't into hanging with fans at the shows or hotels etc., doesn't mean they set the bar low.

That would be the norm.

/jarmo

I have to agree with that. It's not like Angus Young is holding beer pong tournaments in the hotel bar after shows with fans... The norm would be that you leave the show and unless you manage to catch someone walking out a back door of the venue for a quick autograph (which did happen several times with Axl) you don't personally interact with the band members. Ron sitting on the sidewalk outside of a hotel with an acoustic guitar having sing alongs with fans is by far out of the ordinary... I respect the hell out of him for that, but you can't hold that against Axl (or other members who keep a very tight circle).
aaronjcurtis
Headliner

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2016, 11:21:05 AM »

When I leave work I don't even talk to people I work with, let alone people I don't work with. I don't even want to talk to my neighbours when I get home, though I do if one waves to me. I want to listen to music, see my pets, and my family. Not sure why it would be any different with a musician on stage and off stage. Unless Axl Rose is my neighbour I don't intend on talking to him, stalking him outside a show, or anything even remotely close to that. Even if I saw him on the street I wouldn't bother him. He doesn't know who I am nor does he want to. Recently I sat beside Leonardo DiCaprio on a beach early in the morning before anyone was around, did I talk to him? Nope. I recognized him, went about my business and he did whatever he was doing.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: