Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:01:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  GNR Keyboardist CHRIS PITMAN Apologizes For Calling Reunion 'Nostalgia Tour'
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR Keyboardist CHRIS PITMAN Apologizes For Calling Reunion 'Nostalgia Tour'  (Read 39291 times)
dmathski
Rocker

« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2016, 06:27:40 PM »

No?
No.

Chris was a part of NuGuns since the day Axl moved the band forward with new players.  Chris and Richard are the only two left standing from that day one.  Richard hasn't had to eat as much shit from day one as Chris because everyone accepted that Izzy did not want to be a permanent part of GNR.  Plus the fact that there is such a strong resemblance between Richard and Izzy, it probably took 80% of the casual fans years before they realized it wasn't Izzy.

Richard joined in 2002 after Paul Tobias. Tommy has been there sense 98 or 99

August 3, 1991  Inglewood, CA. The Forum

September 30, 1992    San Diego, CA. Jack Murphy Stadium

December 31, 2001  Las Vegas, NV. The Joint

August 22, 2016 San Diego, CA. Qualcomm Sstadium
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2016, 06:45:48 PM »

Richard was not a day one member, for starters.
I stand corrected.  Chris is the ONLY one left standing since day one.

But more to the point, again, where has Chris taken heat?
He's had to deal with shit remarks like this since day one and that tweet was the first time in 20 years he's lashed out.
Sizable chunks of folks aren't 100% sure what he even does.  "keyboards & stuff" is probably going to be your most heard answer.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2016, 06:52:46 PM »

Is that wrong?

Let's look at this, 'Family Fued' rules : We asked 100 people...top 5 answers on the board.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2016, 06:56:54 PM »

Is that wrong??

Yes it is wrong that he has had hate spewed at him for 20 years for no reason.  Just because the fans do not understand the extent of what Chris' contributions have and do mean in the scheme of Axl's vision of the direction Axl wanted/wants for GNR, shouldn't result in some fans dismissing or demeaning Chris' value to the band.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2016, 06:59:09 PM »

Is that wrong??

Yes it is wrong that he has had hate spewed at him for 20 years for no reason.  Just because the fans do not understand the extent of what Chris' contributions have and do mean in the scheme of Axl's vision of the direction Axl wanted/wants for GNR, shouldn't result in some fans dismissing or demeaning Chris' value to the band.

Yeah, this is getting a little deep. 

Little too deep, maybe.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2016, 07:41:19 PM »

Drunk or not, Pitman absolutely has a point. He has been there for longer than anyone aside from Axl and Dizzy and has been shafted because a couple of former members have returned. Don't get me wrong, I am more excited for this reunion than I ever thought I would be, but I entirely get why Chris is pissed.

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
Factory Girl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2016, 07:54:20 PM »

Well, that's what it takes to be in Axl's band.
If it was too much pressure for him, he could always leave. I'm sure there would be a line of guys who play "keyboards and stuff" ready to replace him, take his paycheck and the pressure if they had to.
He cannot expect love and recognition from the fans just because he's been with Axl for fifty years. No offense to Chris, but if that's what's he is looking for, he should start his own band.
Virolec
Rocker

« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2016, 08:09:03 PM »

In general, I think that the guitar players have had far more shit than any of the other new/nu/CD-era/ whatever members.  People probably don't dislike Chris as much as not notice him, really.  People scoffed at the revolving door of guitarists (comparisons to Spinal Tap's drummers and so on), but it was the absence of Slash and to a lesser extent other classic-era members, that bothered people, not the presence of Chris Pitman.

Anyway, what he said is no big deal.  It's not like he called someone a cancer, or anything.

Nargle them.  Fargle them.  Nargle-fargle them.
GNR4LIFEJD
Rocker

« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2016, 10:02:43 PM »

I hate to say this but if Axl had come out at some point to give his vision or direction he wants go in with his band whoever he wants with him this could all be avoided because all thats been going on is speculation outside of Axl, Slash n Duff being in.
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2016, 12:01:42 AM »

If it was too much pressure for him, he could always leave.
Too much pressure??  He made in a moment of frustration and apologized for ONE stupid comment in 18+ years of collaborating in the ever evolving dynamic that is GNR.  Hardly a case of not being able to handle the pressure.  Roll Eyes

It's not like he called someone a cancer, or anything.
Don't think we would have gotten to this point in time if an apology and it's acceptance hadn't taken place.
Maybe that one stupid comment made in a moment of frustration was the catalyst for the subsequent re-connection.
Maybe the consequent rejoining is truly an intercession from heaven above.

CherryGarcia
Rocker

« Reply #50 on: March 05, 2016, 01:03:46 AM »

If it was too much pressure for him, he could always leave.
Too much pressure??  He made in a moment of frustration and apologized for ONE stupid comment in 18+ years of collaborating in the ever evolving dynamic that is GNR.  Hardly a case of not being able to handle the pressure.  Roll Eyes

It's not like he called someone a cancer, or anything.
Don't think we would have gotten to this point in time if an apology and it's acceptance hadn't taken place.
Maybe that one stupid comment made in a moment of frustration was the catalyst for the subsequent re-connection.
Maybe the consequent rejoining is truly an intercession from heaven above.

One album in 15 years isn't exactly an "ever evolving dynamic".
Also, I thought day 1 of NuGuns was when Slash left and Robin came into the band in 1997?
Cause Pitman didn't join until 1998. After Josh Freese and Robin were already there.
He added some keyboard parts and played some live shows. It's not exactly like he's the MVP of the band. I can't even hear most of what he's playing on the record.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #51 on: March 05, 2016, 01:52:22 AM »

One album in 15 years isn't exactly an "ever evolving dynamic".
Also, I thought day 1 of NuGuns was when Slash left and Robin came into the band in 1997?
Cause Pitman didn't join until 1998. After Josh Freese and Robin were already there.
He added some keyboard parts and played some live shows. It's not exactly like he's the MVP of the band. I can't even hear most of what he's playing on the record.
These are some of the comments I imagine upset him. Among others such as, who needs a 2nd keyboardist? He's useless. What the hell does he do anyway? What the hell is sub bass? He has no business being included in a reunion.

I can see how reading those things might strike a nerve. He lashed out before thinking things through, he's now apologized. So I guess it's back to business as usual. You're now free to commence complaining about what he does or doesn't do and how he doesn't deserve to be in the band anymore and never did in the first place. Have fun!

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
raindog
Rocker

« Reply #52 on: March 05, 2016, 02:46:14 AM »

Sorry, are we actually supposed to be feeling sorry for a guy who has spent the last 15 years travelling the world and making a large amount of money (and then proceeded to have the nerve to shit all over the organisation) because some big meanies on the Internet said a hard rock band doesn't need a second keyboard player?

A guy who made his money very much for the most part on the back of songs that he had no hand in and a reputation he had nothing to do with establishing? Who then whinges and cries "nostalgia tour" and "money grab" when those self same people who made those songs and built that reputation return? Who blames his entire outburst on too much of the silly juice? "Oops I accidentally shit all over my employer....but it's ok, the alcamahol made me do it. Don't drink and text, kids! Lol lol.....lol?"

He had to 'deal with' what sounds an awful lot like fan preference and criticism, posted on Internet forums that he could always choose not to read and merely enjoy being in front of cheering crowds of thousands night after night? Let's throw him a pity party?

Here's a thought - let's not.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 03:12:11 AM by raindog » Logged
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #53 on: March 05, 2016, 04:27:16 AM »

hey maybe the real issue is Chris needs to stop acting like its 1986 getting obliterated like he is 21.

That certainly won't jive with Slash & duff these days. Or Frank/Richard for that matter
ice cream sand pig
VIP

startled by a skeleton that failed the challenge

« Reply #54 on: March 05, 2016, 04:47:51 AM »

oh come on.

anonymous communication sucks like a pleco

trolls spin webs i squirm like a gecko

noticed from the get go that my ego doesn't let go

mad like POTUS, less privelleged, more ghetto
Nikki_Sixx
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #55 on: March 05, 2016, 05:48:22 AM »

Nobody (outside of the forums) is dismissing him or has been giving him crap, because no one knows who he is, nobody knows he's there, and nobody gives a shit about anyone who wasn't in GNR before '95...

All these hired guys should do the right thing and go 'this is history in the making, I have no place in this' and leave, the sooner the better...

[Axl] Arnhem '01 (cancelled) - Pukkelpop '02 - Graspop '06 - Nijmegen '06 (+ Izzy) - Paris '10 - Antwerp '10 - Lille '10 - Rotterdam '12 - Paris '12 - Graspop '12 [Axl/Dc] Werchter '16
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #56 on: March 05, 2016, 07:21:08 AM »

Pitman should blame Axl if nobody cares about him, if he really wants to blame sameone. 20 years of what? A forever delayed album, no videos, small arenas, factually nothing more than a "behind the curtains" man (and even if he is on stage who knows what the fuck is doing there? He could stay at the mixer table.).

You really want to fuck with Slash and Duff (or people who loves them) which , wanted or not, made history? Be serious man, you've been lucky enough in your life, trust me...
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 07:24:31 AM by ITARocker » Logged
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #57 on: March 05, 2016, 10:49:06 AM »

Sorry, are we actually supposed to be feeling sorry for a guy who has spent the last 15 years travelling the world and making a large amount of money (and then proceeded to have the nerve to shit all over the organisation) because some big meanies on the Internet said a hard rock band doesn't need a second keyboard player?

A guy who made his money very much for the most part on the back of songs that he had no hand in and a reputation he had nothing to do with establishing? Who then whinges and cries "nostalgia tour" and "money grab" when those self same people who made those songs and built that reputation return? Who blames his entire outburst on too much of the silly juice? "Oops I accidentally shit all over my employer....but it's ok, the alcamahol made me do it. Don't drink and text, kids! Lol lol.....lol?"

He had to 'deal with' what sounds an awful lot like fan preference and criticism, posted on Internet forums that he could always choose not to read and merely enjoy being in front of cheering crowds of thousands night after night? Let's throw him a pity party?

Here's a thought - let's not.

Well said.

I think its one tough sale to say that Chris has had a hard time the past however many years.

Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #58 on: March 05, 2016, 10:56:26 AM »

Slash and Chris Pitman as band mates. Everything is possible in the GN'R camp. Cool

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #59 on: March 05, 2016, 12:20:22 PM »

Give the guy a break.... He made a mistake, apologized for it.   Don't see why people are comparing him to Steven, who has had a longer history of saying stupid shit.  It wasn't really professional to say what Chris said... but I'm sure all is forgiven.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: