Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:01:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  GNR Keyboardist CHRIS PITMAN Apologizes For Calling Reunion 'Nostalgia Tour'
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR Keyboardist CHRIS PITMAN Apologizes For Calling Reunion 'Nostalgia Tour'  (Read 39306 times)
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #60 on: March 05, 2016, 01:23:45 PM »

One album in 15 years isn't exactly an "ever evolving dynamic".
The "ever evolving dynamic" I was referring to is the line-up changes over the 18+ years Chris has been in Guns N' Roses.

Sorry, are we actually supposed to be feeling sorry for a guy who has spent the last 15 years travelling the world and making a large amount of money (and then proceeded to have the nerve to shit all over the organisation) because some big meanies on the Internet said a hard rock band doesn't need a second keyboard player?
No, we're not feeling sorry for anyone.  We're discussing his apology for making ONE stupid tweet during 18+ years of his collaborating with Axl and Axl's desire to continuing the legacy of GNR. 

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #61 on: March 05, 2016, 02:24:13 PM »

Glad he is out obviously. He is as useful as a hole in the head.

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
raindogs70
Rocker

« Reply #62 on: March 05, 2016, 03:13:45 PM »

Nostalgia is a personal trip down memory lane anyway. Talking shit about the band they're in doesn't get them kicked out, it didn't get Bumblefoot fired when he did it.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #63 on: March 05, 2016, 04:11:57 PM »

Always nice to see the positivity from certain people in these times of excitement.... Roll Eyes

As soon as the regrouping was announced, some saw that as their excuse to spew their negativity. Have some respect for the old band!
I can't believe that some of you hate the old band that much.... Yes, old band. Ironic isn't it.

I do understand some of the hate. Getting called out on your bullshit in public doesn't sound like fun...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #64 on: March 05, 2016, 05:17:36 PM »

Wait a second.... who said that he is out? There is no official statement yet.

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
CherryGarcia
Rocker

« Reply #65 on: March 05, 2016, 07:11:01 PM »

These are some of the comments I imagine upset him. Among others such as, who needs a 2nd keyboardist? He's useless. What the hell does he do anyway? What the hell is sub bass? He has no business being included in a reunion.

All things being equal, I never understood why Teddy Zigzag was part of the touring band, either. GN'R to me isn't some symphonic rock group, I just don't see the use or need for two keyboard players. Dizzy I understand because Axl likes to be able to stand during some piano driven songs and he did add flavor to the sound. But a second keyboardist, whether it be Teddy, or Chris, or anyone else, I just don't see the necessity in general. And then on top of it, Chris as an individual comes off just rather full of himself. When he goes on to then bash the band, and bash one of the biggest fan websites, and bash the tour, it's not not to dislike him.
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #66 on: March 05, 2016, 07:53:35 PM »

On the surface, I got no clue what the dude does. I mean his role certainly seems redundant.

But I guarantee you that people say that about me at my job and I can tell you that if they got rid of me, then shit would fall apart instantly.

I'm not saying that to brag. I say that because there's all sorts of little things that I do that people don't realize, and there's all sorts of behind the scenes messes that I clean up that I don't go around advertising.

So, who knows. I'm certain he contributed something most of the keyboard clowns bashing him are unaware of.

I doubt Axl kept him around for 18 years because of his social media skills.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #67 on: March 05, 2016, 08:07:02 PM »

These are some of the comments I imagine upset him. Among others such as, who needs a 2nd keyboardist? He's useless. What the hell does he do anyway? What the hell is sub bass? He has no business being included in a reunion.

All things being equal, I never understood why Teddy Zigzag was part of the touring band, either. GN'R to me isn't some symphonic rock group, I just don't see the use or need for two keyboard players. Dizzy I understand because Axl likes to be able to stand during some piano driven songs and he did add flavor to the sound. But a second keyboardist, whether it be Teddy, or Chris, or anyone else, I just don't see the necessity in general. And then on top of it, Chris as an individual comes off just rather full of himself. When he goes on to then bash the band, and bash one of the biggest fan websites, and bash the tour, it's not not to dislike him.

It is great that you don't see the need for a second keyboardist- but try to remember that it's not your band and not your call.

Do you know Chris personally or are you just making an assumption from what you read online? (Which is never an accurate measure of what a person is really like).

It's hard not to dislike you because of the negative drivel and innane subjects you post too Cheesy
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 08:08:59 PM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #68 on: March 05, 2016, 08:14:52 PM »

How is it obvious?

Useful as a hole in the head describes many of the negative people that post here, and in other places Cheesy

"Shut the fuck up."
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #69 on: March 05, 2016, 08:25:20 PM »

For example him apologzing to "gnr" and not "my bandmates" or "my band".
Also there is no way axl would allow that kind of childish and unacceptable behaviour.

Blaming it on alcohol (dont drink and text) shows, what kind of a small man chris is and is just very sad
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 08:27:02 PM by xBrownstonex » Logged

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #70 on: March 05, 2016, 08:37:08 PM »

Also there is no way axl would allow that kind of childish and unacceptable behaviour.
Axl who??  confused
That would be like Axl not allowing Chris and Dizzy in the band because he wants to be the only one playing keys.  hihi

They're grown men.  Childish and unacceptable behavior is what they do best.  Tongue

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #71 on: March 05, 2016, 08:41:05 PM »

You really think Axl will let Pitman get away with insulting the band?
Yeah right...

GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #72 on: March 05, 2016, 08:54:27 PM »

They're basically promoting this whole thing as The Reconciliation Tour.

I think they can muster up a little mercy for Chris' little faux pas.

rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #73 on: March 05, 2016, 09:40:40 PM »

I have not read the hate at mygnr, but after reading four pages of this thread, posts from what most of you call yourselves ''real fans'' and ''hardcore fans'' shittin' on Chris and finding 10 different ways to express how much they hate him, i can understand his outburst.
The truth is that the man dedicated the last 18 years of his life to this band, and in my opinion did a great job.

As for the cash grab comment, its probably not a great thing to say (promo wise), but i have a hard time believing it aint the truth.

And since when a GNR member is supposed to be politically correct?

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #74 on: March 05, 2016, 11:55:17 PM »

For example him apologzing to "gnr" and not "my bandmates" or "my band".

Blaming it on alcohol (dont drink and text) shows, what kind of a small man chris is and is just very sad

No- what is sad is somebody like you who doesn't have all the details, and is posing as a fan on a message board - to use this opportunity to shit on him.

"Shut the fuck up."
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #75 on: March 06, 2016, 02:00:54 AM »

Yeah right...

Well, he called Slash a "cancer" once, so, um, yeah, I think he would.
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #76 on: March 06, 2016, 02:30:32 AM »

[quote CherryGarcia ]

All things being equal, I never understood why Teddy Zigzag was part of the touring band, either. GN'R to me isn't some symphonic rock group, I just don't see the use or need for two keyboard players. Dizzy I understand because Axl likes to be able to stand during some piano driven songs and he did add flavor to the sound. But a second keyboardist, whether it be Teddy, or Chris, or anyone else, I just don't see the necessity in general. And then on top of it, Chris as an individual comes off just rather full of himself.
[/quote]

As Joni Mitchell once said "You don't no what you've got 'til its gone..."  Well Axl clearly feels the need to include him, and I have never heard anybody complain at a show that Chris isn't adding anything.  All I hear is what a great show they've seen.  It MAY BE a minimal role, but even the water boy or kitman have their place in keeping the cogs turning, cut the guy some slack.  smoking
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #77 on: March 06, 2016, 06:08:14 AM »

Yeah right...

Well, he called Slash a "cancer" once, so, um, yeah, I think he would.

As you know, Slash wasnt in Guns back then. And he wasnt insulting his own band, but a former bandmember
Little difference there

DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #78 on: March 06, 2016, 08:12:08 AM »

same fans over the years :

Axl touring with CD line ups > it's a cash grab, they're playing old stuff, it's a nostalgia act

Axl touring with Slash & Duff > nostalgia tour, cash grab

confused

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #79 on: March 06, 2016, 01:51:59 PM »

Even though some may consider it "childish and unacceptable behavior," a lot of fans hope when they go to a show that Axl is going to go off on a tangent about someone or something.... as long as it's not about them.

As you know, Slash wasnt in Guns back then. And he wasnt insulting his own band, but a former bandmember
Little difference there
No it's not different.  Even though Slash wasn't technically in GNR at the time, it's still Slash.  Even after being out if GNR for 20 years, 85% of the casual fans hear the name Slash and automatically think GNR.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: