Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:55:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Slash on Atlas Shrugged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash on Atlas Shrugged  (Read 28842 times)
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #60 on: March 22, 2016, 05:41:22 PM »

not condemning it. I just don't want to see posts about Nu Gn'R stuff and CD II

Those posts have filtered out now, but it was pretty fucking annoying. Glad they've stopped for now.

I'm glad of what Gn'R did, the tours were great. Just wished they did more original music. We got 15 songs in 15+ years. Sucks.

What's pretty fucking annoying is your constant shitting on the guys who kept this fucking band alive while your hero wanted nothing to do with it.  ok

Edited to add no he didnt want to make a NIN record, he just wanted to play with Fergie apparently.

Your anti-hero wasn't wanting to record a fucking NIN record. Sorry.

He wanted an actual rock record. Since he was cry-childed into signing over the rights. he was fucked and left.

SO stop that line of vision.

hahaha i love people like you who have no idea what they are talking about.  Kiss
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #61 on: March 22, 2016, 05:42:00 PM »

Ok, that's it.

I gave you a chance.

You're obviously only here to stir shit up.

Posting privileges removed.

/jarmo

You've got to be fucking kidding me? lol

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #62 on: March 22, 2016, 05:42:06 PM »

What's pretty fucking annoying is your constant shitting on the guys who kept this fucking band alive while your hero wanted nothing to do with it.  ok

Eh, who cares at this point, you know?

Both ways, I'm saying.  Being bitter about Slash or being bitter about Axl, and how each handled things.

It all worked out in the end, looks like.  At least, so far.  We got lucky.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #63 on: March 22, 2016, 05:43:29 PM »

You've got to be fucking kidding me? lol

You wish.

wave

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #64 on: March 22, 2016, 05:45:34 PM »

Eh, who cares at this point, you know?

Both ways, I'm saying.  Being bitter about Slash or being bitter about Axl, and how each handled things.

It all worked out in the end, looks like.  At least, so far.  We got lucky.

I care and I really don't give a shit if no one else does. Those guys who you and others shit on wanted nothng more than to help keep the band going when the other "original" guys didnt give a fuck. They deserve respect for that.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #65 on: March 22, 2016, 05:50:14 PM »

I care and I really don't give a shit if no one else does. Those guys who you and others shit on wanted nothng more than to help keep the band going when the other "original" guys didnt give a fuck. They deserve respect for that.

I think "shit on" is a little much.  Certainly as it pertains to me, it is.

There are all sorts of posts about how so and so was an embarrassment to the band, or such and such sucked and had no talent.  Not going to find any of those penned by me though.

Are you equating me being ready to move on from them quickly and without much reservation as "shitting on them"? 

I think that's a tough label to hang, no?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #66 on: March 22, 2016, 05:52:49 PM »

I think "shit on" is a little much.  Certainly as it pertains to me, it is.

There are all sorts of posts about how so and so was an embarrassment to the band, or such and such sucked and had no talent.  Not going to find any of those penned by me though.

Are you equating me being ready to move on from them quickly and without much reservation as "shitting on them"? 

I think that's a tough label to hang, no?

Really? You are going to go with the innocent routine?

I may not post much anymore but I have been reading the board for a very long time. I know your posts so yes you do fit into the "shit on" group.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #67 on: March 22, 2016, 05:56:08 PM »

I may not post much anymore but I have been reading the board for a very long time. I know your posts so yes you do fit into the "shit on" group.

...as you define the term.

Such is life.  You are entitled to your opinion, as you see it.

Virolec
Rocker

« Reply #68 on: March 22, 2016, 08:27:00 PM »

Final (probably) thoughts re: the rerecording of AFD.

It's true that certain aspects of the sound of AFD sound dated now, but I don't think that's really a problem.  It's very much an album of its time.  It couldn't have been made other than when and how it was, it is a product of specific circumstances and a specific identifiable point in time.  The sound, including the now dated-sounding elements of it, is as much part of what makes that album so special as the lyrics, the guitar solos and the cross and skulls on the cover.  Re-recording would lose a lot of that.

And even then, the rerecording was done, when, late 1990s, early 2000s?  Is the industrial sound Axl is said to have been into at the time not equally pass? by now?  Or will be before too long, anyway.  But it would be dated and pass? without those elements also being an integral part of the album's genesis and legacy. 

Just my ?0.02.

Nargle them.  Fargle them.  Nargle-fargle them.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #69 on: March 22, 2016, 09:32:27 PM »

I don't really get this thing on dated sound. When you listen to Beatles, Led Zeppelin and Jimi Hendrix, it's very clear you're listen to something very 60's and 70's. Does that makes them less good? Sure not. The same thing works for newer stuff. I still like late 90's stuff like Smashing Pumpkins. And even early 2000s like some Foo Fighters and QOTSA.

Like that other guy said: "too many liberals". hihi

Anyways, I tried many times to have a decent discussion here about music. Glad that can happen again.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #70 on: March 22, 2016, 09:38:29 PM »

Voodoochild makes a fair point.

Just last weekend, I was listening to the 'A Hard Day's Night' album on the putting green.  Its not like I was under some impression that came out 3 years ago.

Didn't mean 'Can't Buy Me Love' still doesn't sound good to me.

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #71 on: March 23, 2016, 01:19:56 PM »

Voodoochild makes a fair point.

Just last weekend, I was listening to the 'A Hard Day's Night' album on the putting green.  Its not like I was under some impression that came out 3 years ago.

Didn't mean 'Can't Buy Me Love' still doesn't sound good to me.

Exactly, when I have Zepplin cranked on a Friday Night, Im just enjoying the music, my mind is not on the fact it isn't a new release.

Good music has no expiration date.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #72 on: March 24, 2016, 07:16:14 AM »

Also, the AFD to me is one of the best sounds of the 80s. There's an article saying how it was the last great album mixed on analog stuff. And it does show how "warm" everything sound.

This is one of the things I think Axl was searching for when the first recordings of Chinese took place. Like when Brain used the old church or something to record his drums. But yeah, at the end of the day, it was all mixed in ProTools, so it didn't feel as "warm".

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: